2010 Formula One World Championship

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship One for Practice 2: Adrian Sutil To Win Practice 2 @ 67 (E/W 1/5 1-2-3) Sutil is no stranger to topping a practice session and was third in the first session today. The F-duct is reportedly working well on his car and with the variable weather conditions I think he is in with a decent shout here.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship Same again for P3 -- Sutil Fastest @ 67 Centrebet (Not EW) Sutil is no stranger to the top of these practice timesheets. With the possibility of inclement weather this will further enhance his propects as he really comes to the fore in the wet. Very good odds given the lottery nature these events can take.

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship

Same again for P3 -- Sutil Fastest @ 67 Centrebet (Not EW) Sutil is no stranger to the top of these practice timesheets. With the possibility of inclement weather this will further enhance his propects as he really comes to the fore in the wet. Very good odds given the lottery nature these events can take.
what a waste IMO you should donate this money to someone instead :clap

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship Safety Car Yes/No Yes @ 1.33 Betfair Theres only been two previous F1 races held at this circuit. Both have seen the safety car deployed and I feel this year will be no different. The walls of this street circuit are unforgiving and its likely that someones race will end with them hitting the wall. Dual Forecast Vettle/Alonso @ 7.50 William Hill Vettle put in a solid performance at Monza and got the maximum points that could have been expected from the Red Bull car. Hes said that he feels the pressure is more on the other drivers ahead of him in the WDC standings and with this I expect a very fast Vettle this weekend. Yesterday in fp3 he had over half a second over the field with maybe the exception of Alonso who wasnt able to show his true pace on the soft tyres after making a mistake and stopping on track (the 2 sectors he completed were purple and green and the time was on course to be 2nd fastest behind Vettle). Alonso's best time on the hard tyre was still good enough for 4th overall best time. Pole/Fastest Lap/Race Wim Vettle @ 6.50 William Hill The same reasons as stated above. I think the only things to stop Vettle this weekend could be a poor start or the weather. I am taking these prices now as I dont think they will be as high after fp3 and qualifying.

Same again for P3 -- Sutil Fastest @ 67 Centrebet (Not EW) Sutil is no stranger to the top of these practice timesheets. With the possibility of inclement weather this will further enhance his propects as he really comes to the fore in the wet. Very good odds given the lottery nature these events can take.
Sutil will need rain to have a chance, I cant see past the two Red Bulls and Alonso for the top 3 in fp3. Best of luck for your bet:hope:hope

Safety Car Yes/No Yes @ 1.33 Betfair :hope Theres only been two previous F1 races held at this circuit. Both have seen the safety car deployed and I feel this year will be no different. The walls of this street circuit are unforgiving and its likely that someones race will end with them hitting the wall. Dual Forecast :hope Vettle/Alonso @ 7.50 William Hill Vettle put in a solid performance at Monza and got the maximum points that could have been expected from the Red Bull car. Hes said that he feels the pressure is more on the other drivers ahead of him in the WDC standings and with this I expect a very fast Vettle this weekend. Yesterday in fp3 he had over half a second over the field with maybe the exception of Alonso who wasnt able to show his true pace on the soft tyres after making a mistake and stopping on track (the 2 sectors he completed were purple and green and the time was on course to be 2nd fastest behind Vettle). Alonso's best time on the hard tyre was still good enough for 4th overall best time. Pole/Fastest Lap/Race Win :wall Alonso on pole beats this one. Vettle @ 6.50 William Hill The same reasons as stated above. I think the only things to stop Vettle this weekend could be a poor start or the weather. I am taking these prices now as I dont think they will be as high after fp3 and qualifying.
Good performance from Alonso today didnt think he could outpace Vettle today.

Good performance from Alonso today didnt think he could outpace Vettle today.
Vettel had only 1 shot to overtake him, cannot blame him If you are a value hunter then that is not the way to a big profit, you must back lower odds and will be in profit like I was today

wrong, I took Button against him today in H2H I was pretty confident and then Hamilton retired, the easiest H2H bet I won in my life LMAO bookies :rollin Hamilton looked crap in q3 yesterday, so I saw right only time to do it was today
After timing......
what a waste IMO you should donate this money to someone instead :clap
Critical of somebody who has been bothered to post with reasoning....
Vettel had only 1 shot to overtake him, cannot blame him If you are a value hunter then that is not the way to a big profit, you must back lower odds and will be in profit like I was today
Critical again... In the same post they back the safety car @ 1.33, low enough odds for you?? Nothing wrong with finding value in my opinion... And if I disagree I wouldn't follow the bet... But is there any need to just pop up every now and again and criticise or after time?? What a valuable asset to this thread you are...

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship M.Webber Singapore Grand Prix @ 16/1 Bluesq (E-W 3 Places 1/5) I don't know a great deal about F1but I've seen enough of it to know that anything can happen at the start, I'm looking at the front three, Alonso, Vettel & Hamilton, now I think we could have some trouble with these three at the start, maybe something goes wrong and one or two crash out. Now this could be perfect for Webber to take advantage, he obviously has a good car because he leads the championship,if the race goes smoothly for him then I predict a top 3 finish.

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship Going to go for 2pts on Sutil to finish in the points and 1pt to gain the most positions at 2.5 and 17 at 888sport. his car hasnt been the best recently but he was in the top 3 through the speed trap yesterday and has been solid racer this year so think passes and retirements can get him up the field.massa is the obvious favorite to gain most posistions but he tends to get stuck or crash coming through the field so not sure!

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship Also going with 2pts on Alonso to win at 1.93 on Betfair he should be able to keep the lead at the start from vettel , a slugish starter this year,and from there his racing nous can keep him ahead.Also plumping for Hamilton to make the podium at 1.73 on the clean side of the track for the start he has a shout of clearing vettel and again from there confident he could make it.

Safety Car Yes/No :clap Yes @ 1.33 Betfair Theres only been two previous F1 races held at this circuit. Both have seen the safety car deployed and I feel this year will be no different. The walls of this street circuit are unforgiving and its likely that someones race will end with them hitting the wall. Dual Forecast Vettle/Alonso @ 7.50 William Hill :nana Vettle put in a solid performance at Monza and got the maximum points that could have been expected from the Red Bull car. Hes said that he feels the pressure is more on the other drivers ahead of him in the WDC standings and with this I expect a very fast Vettle this weekend. Yesterday in fp3 he had over half a second over the field with maybe the exception of Alonso who wasnt able to show his true pace on the soft tyres after making a mistake and stopping on track (the 2 sectors he completed were purple and green and the time was on course to be 2nd fastest behind Vettle). Alonso's best time on the hard tyre was still good enough for 4th overall best time. Pole/Fastest Lap/Race Win banghead.gif Vettle @ 6.50 William Hill The same reasons as stated above. I think the only things to stop Vettle this weekend could be a poor start or the weather. I am taking these prices now as I dont think they will be as high after fp3 and qualifying.
2/3 Nice profit from the dual forecast. Not the order I expected them to finish but thats the beauty of the dual forecast covers the 1/2 in any order. Well done Spooner for the e/w and Ben for Sutil/Alonso some nice picks there :clap

After timing...... Critical of somebody who has been bothered to post with reasoning.... Critical again... In the same post they back the safety car @ 1.33, low enough odds for you?? Nothing wrong with finding value in my opinion... And if I disagree I wouldn't follow the bet... But is there any need to just pop up every now and again and criticise or after time?? What a valuable asset to this thread you are...
I can send you a screenshot of my Button H2H bet against Hamilton if you still do not believe me! It was not aftertiming! :rollin No, I do not back below 1.5 Well I am just here to remind you that loosing money to bookies is a crime IMO

2/3 Well done Spooner for the e/w and Ben for Sutil/Alonso some nice picks there :clap
Thanks! Won on Alonso and Sutil in the points, and lost on the Sutil to gain most positions and Hamilton for the podium. Though was mighty lucky the stewards waited till the end of the race to give Sutil a penalty for cutting the track, I guess they felt they didn't have time to give a stop go penalty. The offence was at turn seven on the opening lap.....;) I have a soft spot for Felipe Massa but I must admit near the end was willing that Ferrari engine to blow - by my calcualtions if he had disappeared it would have brought up the 16/1 gain most positions bet...:$ For the first time am having serious doubts about my Hamilton/Button championship/top 3 bets - they were slow today...it has been such a topsy turvy year though I am by no means counting them out, but it will be hard now...could do with downpoars in Brazil and Japan! I was discussing this with someone earlier, personally I would love to see Webber win the championship, he seems a great guy and it might be his last chance...however just trying to put that aside, wil it start to work against him? With the way the points are now, Hamilton, Vettel and Button won't be overcomplicating things too much, it is very important for them to win the next race now. With Webber, he is in a strange situation - the lead could make him more cautious, though with it being so slim, and so many competive front liners, a couple of 4th or third places and it could disappear.... add in the fact it could be a near last chance to win the thing, and the pressure will be huge...having said that he dealt well with it today, but....is it getting to stage where it could be worth laying him to be champion, what does anyone think? It can be done at 2.94 on Betfair at the mo and am giving it serious thought...

• 2 weeks later...

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship Sport Motorsport Event Japanese Grand Prix Selection Lay Webber to get pole position (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 09/10/2010 Bookmaker/Price Betfred @ 3.45 Reasoning Vettel looks to have the edge here. He's got immense speed on this type of track, and is clear favourite for pole. Webber in a pole where he doesn't need to take too many risks, whereas Vettel and the McLarens need to go for it. I mention the McLarens because they have been struggling but both can produce special performances, especially Hamilton although they'll probably end up behind Red Bulls and Ferraris. Not sure about Alonso here, solid pace but not on the Red Bulls. If the weather turns could be a strange one, and again happy to go against Webber at this price.

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship Sport Motorsport Event Japanese Grand Prix Selection Lay Hamilton to finish on the podium (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 10/10/2010 Bookmaker/Price Blue Square @ 1.98 Reasoning Looking to go against Hamilton here. Could be a tough weekend, after a couple of DNF's and big pressure on this race. Can't see him being near the Red Bull's and I also think the Ferrari's will be quicker. A lot can happen in qualifying and the race and I'm happy to go against Hamilton at this sort of price.

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship Sport Motorsport Event Japanese Grand Prix Selection Lay Liuzzi to finish in the points (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 10/10/2010 Bookmaker/Price Skybet @ 3.45 Reasoning Don't really rate Liuzzi, think he's quite average and not F1 standard. Especially on technical tracks he seems to struggle. In practice he showed nothing, 16th and 18th while his team mate was buried inside the top 10. He's under a lot of pressure to keep his seat and not producing the goods. Going to be really tough for him to finish in the points, and I don't think he'll get anything this weekend. Sport Motorsport Event Japanese Grand Prix Selection Lay Heidfeld to finish in the points (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 10/10/2010 Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 2.88 Reasoning Heidfeld struggling to get up to pace coming in mid season which is really tough. Sauber not looking great this weekend, and possibly will push more efforts onto Kobayashi. Heidfeld got a decent time in P1 but slipped back in P2 and can't see him being near the points unless something weird happens. Solid price to go against I feel. Sport Motorsport Event Japanese Grand Prix Selection Lay Buemi to finish in the points (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 10/10/2010 Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 4.03 Reasoning Toro Rosso get a lot of parts from Red Bull, but they just don't have the aero and ahem flexi front wings. Struggling in practice, just ahead of the new teams and can't see them anywhere different in the qualifying or the race. Buemi is struggling to get anything out of the car, and can't see him in the points. Sport Motorsport Event Japanese Grand Prix Selection Lay Alguersuari to finish in the points (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 10/10/2010 Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 4.03 Reasoning Same as Buemi really, the car simply isn't good enough. They'll be at the back of the midfield and will take a lot to happen for them to get near the points. Think Alguersuari has gone backwards a bit this year, he had shown some promise but I haven't seen much lately. Another pointless affair for them here.

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship Going for 2pts each at betfair on vettel to win the race at 2.46 and nick heidfeld to be classified at 1.56. Vettel looked totally dominant on Friday and the forecast is dry for qualie and race,he should be able to run the kind of race he excels at,streaking away from the field with little chance for silly accidents. As for the heidfeld bet feel the odds are a slight overating based on his retirement in Singapore,however this was down to sloppy driving by Schumacher. Quick nick is usually a solid driver who will bring it home if not disrupted-he had just two retirments last year

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship Mark Webber @ 4.2 Betfair Webber went surprisingly close in qualifying and will start from 2nd on the grid. Working against this bet is that he is 2 spots above Alonso, and he is unlikely to risk his position in a bid to pass Vettel, particularly given they are team-mates and the controversy of Turkey. What I do find appealing about this though is that this is a fantastic chance for Vettel to get back into the championship. Mentally Vettel has shown himself to be very weak these past two years, almost always failing to perform when it really matters. This, and his history of poor starts this year make this one quite appealing.

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship Jenson Button @ 22 Betfair Button will start 5th on the grid here but the critical aspect for me is that he is the only runner in the top 10 to start on the harder compound. If tyre degredation becomes an issue then this will bring Button right into the race as this is an area where he truly has an advantage -- an advantage that is further heightened by his choice of qualifying tyre.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship A speccy for fastest lap - Kobayashi @ 150 Betfair With weather and tyre wear expected to be major factors in this race I think there's some value here. Sauber have a tendency to run either a very long first stop or a two stop strategy, both of which often result in Kobayashi charging up the field late in a race on fresh rubber. Given the lack of refuelling and possibility of the faster cars being on heavily used tyres come the end of the race, I feel there's a chance an outsider will take this honour. For me, the Japanese represents the best value. Also having a dabble on Kubica for the race win. Neither are seriously stakes though as this race could play out a number of ways

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship Going for that kobayashi bet myself and also have 2pts on him finishing in the points at 2.12 due to his good recent points scoring record. Have laid vettel at 1.45 for 4pts to lead the first lap,with that long straight and the red bulls lack of power,a damp track and some tardy starts this year think he could easily lose the lead. With mind to the damp conditions have 1pt on button to win at 42 , his performances in wet races thus far have been excellent,and they are also saying that if the track dries it will eat tyres ,which will suit his smooth driving style. All bets betfair. Enjoy the race!

• 2 weeks later...

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship Well looks like the qualifying session in brazil will be wet,the cars are doing fp3 in the wet at the mo and heavier rain is forecast before qualie as well.the usually excellent ted kravitz,BBC pit lane reporter,has just announced that mcclaren are hacked off at their lack of qualie pace this year,often meaning they get stuck in the pack and cannot show their better race pace.kravitz says therefore they are inclined to incline their set up more towards the wet this afternoon,even tho the race is forecast to be dry(remember thta set up cannot change between qualie and race).given that they need to win this weekend,doing something different may be the way forward. As kravitz rightly pointed out alondo and the red bulls may not feel they can take the chance of being stranded in the race tomorrow with the wrong set up,so even if the know mcclaren are doing this they may not be able to respond.bearing this in mind I am going with 2pts on Hamilton for pole at 8.8 on betfair and 1pt on button at 38. Hopefully the button bet at those odds could open up the possibilty of a good lay,and I would never say no to that!!

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship Also have 1pt each on buemi and sutil to get in the top 10 at 4.3 and 2.72 respectively on betfair. Both did it last year here in wet conditions, and aside from it being damp there is more rain forecast for early on in qualie. Buemi was also flying in the wet this morning in the wet in the toro rosso.

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship Sport Motorsport Event Brazilian Grand Prix Selection Barrichello to beat Hulkenberg Strength 10/10 Date 07/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 3.25 Reasoning This seems a big price to me, even though Hulkenberg starts 1st and Barrichello 6th. Yesterday Hulkenberg was incredible, he just nailed it all session and got the conditions bang on. But today is a different day and can't see him having that sort of pace. Can't imagine he slept too much last night, and this is a lot of pressure on him today especially as he isn't sure of a seat next year. Between him and Barrichello are Vettel, Webber, Hamilton and Alonso which is pretty daunting and he could be right beside Barrichello very quickly. Barrichello might have expected more yesterday, but perhaps he's gone for more of a dry set up? Home race he always drives hard and is very quick round here, and I fancy him to end of ahead of his team mate who was brilliant yesterday.

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship Am going for two drivers to make their way into the points,kobayahi and rosberg at 2.26 and 1.65 on betfair. 2pts each.kobayahi has been excellent recently making it into the top 10 with amazing passing abilty and this is a circuit where he can pass and show good race pace. Rosberg is 13th but should be faster than the cars infront of him and should be able to pass here.

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship Could be an incredible end to the season this weekend. Please don't let the Red Bull final lap switch happen, just wouldn't be right to end it that way:hope Sport Motorsport Event Drivers Championship Selection Lay Webber to be champion (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 14/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 2.88 Reasoning Been trying to figure out the correct price for this all week without much success. So many ways this can go down. But today in practice Hamilton throws a spanner in the works. He seems hooked here and on the pace like he hasn't been lately. He's got nothing to lose really, just go out rip it and get a big result. That really hurts Webbers chances, and probably helps Vettel as Vettel would seem to be the only one with pace to beat a flying Hamilton. Can't see Webber beating Vettel in a straight game but he has to beat Hamilton and Alonso to have a chance to make the switch - please don't let it end like that. It looks set up for Alonso, who is the master of doing enough and getting a solid result. Think it's really been switched into Alonsos favour, with Vettel also fancying his chances and Webber, I don't think he's the champion on Sunday night.

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship Sport Motorsport Event Abu Dabi grand prix Selection Hamilton to get pole position Strength 10/10 Date 13/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 5.00 Reasoning Taking a chance with Hamilton this weekend. Looks good in practice and very positive comments afterwards. Tough to beat Red Bull in qualifying, but I think he can do it. Has to attack this weekend and looks like he has the car to do it. Worth a shot.

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship Sport Motorsport Event Abu Dabi grand prix Selection Lay Webber to get pole position (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 13/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price Betfred @ 4.03 Reasoning Following on from previous thoughts, cannot see Webber getting pole. In practice 3 Red Bull got a 1-2, but again Vettel was solidly ahead. I still think Hamilton has a chance, but Vettel is definately the favourite. Alonso seemed comfortable in P3, not doing a late run like the others did so down in the times. I think Webber is probably 4th favourite for pole, and happy to go against him.