International Friendlies > 2010

Re: Friendly International

Event South Korea - Japan
Selection South Korea
Strength 10/10
Date 12/10/2010
Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 2.26
Reasoning The rivalry between these two countries is very big. Three months ago, Japan and South Korea made a great World Cup, passing both to the second round. It was a nice surprise for the Asiatic football. And in this game, the rivalry will be on high level in this third game on 2010 between the two countries. On the last game, played at Japan, South Korea won 2-0, without any doubts. South Korea appointed a new coach after the World Cup, Cho Kwang-rae. South Korea will play with all their main stars, including Park Ji-Sung.

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: International friendlies 7th-11th October Croatia to beat Norway 1.72 (Unibet) A very strong bet. Norway has enjoyed a renaissance under their coach Egil Olsen, who also led the team to two consecutive world cups (1994 and 1998) and big victories against teams like Italy, England and Brazil. The team has got a great start to the EM quals winning their first three games, Iceland away, Portugal at home and Cyprus away. However, almost the entire team is being replaced for this friendly versus Croatia. Several debutants, one 18-year old, and it's a match to test new faces and new systems. I think Norway will have some sort of reaction here after the surprise great start in the EM quals. I think the team will do OK but definitely lose against a more motivated and established Croatia playing at home. Max stakes.

Re: International friendlies 7th-11th October

Croatia to beat Norway 1.72 (Unibet) A very strong bet. Norway has enjoyed a renaissance under their coach Egil Olsen, who also led the team to two consecutive world cups (1994 and 1998) and big victories against teams like Italy, England and Brazil. The team has got a great start to the EM quals winning their first three games, Iceland away, Portugal at home and Cyprus away. However, almost the entire team is being replaced for this friendly versus Croatia. Several debutants, one 18-year old, and it's a match to test new faces and new systems. I think Norway will have some sort of reaction here after the surprise great start in the EM quals. I think the team will do OK but definitely lose against a more motivated and established Croatia playing at home. Max stakes.
Not always a good idea to put max stakes on a friendly but good luck......

• 1 month later...

FIFA International Friendlies > 16th - 18th November

Tuesday 16 November 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Scotland v Faroe Islands (20:00 GMT) 1.1 9 26 105.87 %
Wednesday 17 November 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif China v Latvia (11:35 GMT) 2.2 3.2 3.2 107.95 %
maximize.gif Hong Kong v Paraguay (12:00 GMT) 11 5 1.25 109.09 %
maximize.gif Montenegro v Azerbaijan (12:00 GMT) 1.5 4 7.8 104.49 %
maximize.gif Russia v Belgium (16:00 GMT) 1.62 3.7 5.6 106.61 %
maximize.gif Slovakia v Bosnia-Herzegovina (16:00 GMT) 2 3.25 3.6 108.55 %
maximize.gif Estonia v Liechtenstein (16:45 GMT) 1.3 5 10 106.92 %
maximize.gif Albania v FYR Macedonia (17:00 GMT) 2.25 3.2 3 109.03 %
maximize.gif Argentina v Brazil (17:00 GMT) 2.66 3.35 2.65 105.18 %
maximize.gif Bulgaria v Serbia (17:00 GMT) 2.52 3.2 2.8 106.65 %
maximize.gif Hungary v Lithuania (17:00 GMT) 1.83 3.4 4.2 107.77 %
maximize.gif Egypt v Australia (17:30 GMT) 2.37 3.25 3 106.21 %
maximize.gif Israel v Iceland (17:35 GMT) 1.67 3.5 5.4 106.97 %
maximize.gif Denmark v Czech Republic (19:15 GMT) 2.37 3.2 3 106.69 %
maximize.gif Luxembourg v Algeria (19:15 GMT) 6.5 4 1.44 109.62 %
maximize.gif Switzerland v Ukraine (19:15 GMT) 2.37 3.2 3 106.69 %
maximize.gif Austria v Greece (19:30 GMT) 2.5 3.2 2.7 108.29 %
maximize.gif Netherlands v Turkey (19:30 GMT) 1.53 3.8 6.2 107.66 %
maximize.gif Poland v Côte d'Ivoire (19:30 GMT) 2.57 3.2 2.62 108.33 %
maximize.gif Romania v Italy (19:30 GMT) 3.5 3.3 2.1 106.49 %
maximize.gif South Africa v USA (19:30 GMT) 2.6 3.2 2.62 107.88 %
maximize.gif Sweden v Germany (19:30 GMT) 3 3.4 2.3 106.22 %
maximize.gif Northern Ireland v Morocco (19:45 GMT) 2.4 3.3 3.2 103.22 %
maximize.gif Republic of Ireland v Norway (19:45 GMT) 2.15 3.3 3.6 104.59 %
maximize.gif Slovenia v Georgia (19:45 GMT) 1.5 3.95 7 106.27 %
maximize.gif England v France (20:00 GMT) 2.18 3.35 3.8 102.04 %
maximize.gif Portugal v Spain (21:00 GMT) 2.9 3.3 2.41 106.28 %
maximize.gif Chile v Uruguay (23:45 GMT) 2.3 3.2 3.06 107.41 %
Thursday 18 November 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Colombia v Peru (00:00 GMT) 1.01 1.01 1.01 297.03 %
maximize.gif Ecuador v Venezuela (00:00 GMT) 1.75 3.43 4.7 107.57 %
maximize.gif Jamaica v Costa Rica (01:00 GMT) 3.06 3.2 2.25 108.37 %
maximize.gif Panama v Honduras (01:30 GMT) 2.75 3.25 2.4 108.80 %

Re: FIFA International Friendlies > 16th - 18th November The good thing with friendly matches is that the bookies in my opinion price them as if the teams are playing for something. Most of the time coaches use these type of games to try new formations and new players so very often unpredictable results happen. I normally try to stay away from friendlies but the good thing is to back underdogs or some unpredictable outcomes.

Re: FIFA International Friendlies > 16th - 18th November Scotland v Faroe Islands From the bbc - St Johnstone midfielder Murray Davidson and Swindon full-back Paul Caddis are the latest additions to the Scotland squad to face the Faroe Islands. Nine players had dropped out of Tuesday's friendly through injury. Christophe Berra, Chris Burke, Gary Caldwell, Graham Dorrans, Matt Gilks, Alan Hutton, James Morrison, Steven Naismith and Steven Whittaker are out. Shaun Maloney, Barry Robson, Steven Caldwell, Garry Kenneth, Craig Bryson and Stephen Crainey had been called in. Scotland coach Craig Levein had rested a number of first-team regulars for the Pittodrie friendly. Kilmarnock midfielder Bryson had taken the number of first-time call-ups to four, joining Dundee United striker David Goodwillie, Aston Villa's Barry Bannan and Liverpool's Danny Wilson from Levein's original selection. They have also not called up any of the Rangers players due to their heavy schedule, the squad overall seems to have few players they would normally be selecting - Goalkeepers: Bell (Kilmarnock), Gordon (Sunderland). Defenders: Bardsley (Sunderland), S Caldwell (Wigan), Wilson (Liverpool), Crainey (Blackpool), Kenneth (Dundee Utd), Caddis (Swindon) Midfielders: Adam (Blackpool), Bannan (Aston Villa), Commons (Derby), Fletcher (Manchester United), Maloney (Celtic), Robson (Middlesbrough), Bryson (Kilmarnock), Davidson (St Johnstone) Forwards: Goodwillie (Dundee United), Kyle (Hearts), Mackie (Queens Park Rangers). Might be a bit of a long shot given the Faroe Islands history but the +2EH is up at 2.87 on boylesports and I might even have a small bet on the draw at 10.0 on Hills, its a bit of a get together for Scotland try out a few new players and such I doubt if there will be much of a crowd considering the opposition and while it is a long shot to expect them to get anything out of the game maybe they could just go down to a one goal defeat.. Faroe Islands +2EH (2.87 boylesports) Draw (10.0 hills)

Re: FIFA International Friendlies > 16th - 18th November

Scotland v Faroe Islands From the bbc - Nice information Hast. AH looks to be the call. The faroes will always try and grab a result wherever possible. In their last game against the northern part of Ireland they where unlucky not to get a win. St Johnstone midfielder Murray Davidson and Swindon full-back Paul Caddis are the latest additions to the Scotland squad to face the Faroe Islands. Nine players had dropped out of Tuesday's friendly through injury. Christophe Berra, Chris Burke, Gary Caldwell, Graham Dorrans, Matt Gilks, Alan Hutton, James Morrison, Steven Naismith and Steven Whittaker are out. Shaun Maloney, Barry Robson, Steven Caldwell, Garry Kenneth, Craig Bryson and Stephen Crainey had been called in. Scotland coach Craig Levein had rested a number of first-team regulars for the Pittodrie friendly. Kilmarnock midfielder Bryson had taken the number of first-time call-ups to four, joining Dundee United striker David Goodwillie, Aston Villa's Barry Bannan and Liverpool's Danny Wilson from Levein's original selection. They have also not called up any of the Rangers players due to their heavy schedule, the squad overall seems to have few players they would normally be selecting - Goalkeepers: Bell (Kilmarnock), Gordon (Sunderland). Defenders: Bardsley (Sunderland), S Caldwell (Wigan), Wilson (Liverpool), Crainey (Blackpool), Kenneth (Dundee Utd), Caddis (Swindon) Midfielders: Adam (Blackpool), Bannan (Aston Villa), Commons (Derby), Fletcher (Manchester United), Maloney (Celtic), Robson (Middlesbrough), Bryson (Kilmarnock), Davidson (St Johnstone) Forwards: Goodwillie (Dundee United), Kyle (Hearts), Mackie (Queens Park Rangers). Might be a bit of a long shot given the Faroe Islands history but the +2EH is up at 2.87 on boylesports and I might even have a small bet on the draw at 10.0 on Hills, its a bit of a get together for Scotland try out a few new players and such I doubt if there will be much of a crowd considering the opposition and while it is a long shot to expect them to get anything out of the game maybe they could just go down to a one goal defeat.. Faroe Islands +2EH (2.87 boylesports) Draw (10.0 hills)
From the bbc - Nice information Hast. AH looks to be the call. The faroes will always try and grab a result wherever possible. In their last game against the northern part of Ireland they where unlucky not to get a win

The good thing with friendly matches is that the bookies in my opinion price them as if the teams are playing for something. Most of the time coaches use these type of games to try new formations and new players so very often unpredictable results happen. I normally try to stay away from friendlies but the good thing is to back underdogs or some unpredictable outcomes.
Hey Mustafa, first time poster, love this forum... Question for you as an Azeri football follower: What kind of squad is the Azeri team going to have for the friendly match against Montenegro? I feel there is value at the +1.25 line at + odds here...Azerbaijan coming off a regional win over Turkey in Euro Quals, Maybe the the plus odds are worth a shot? Montenegro seems to be a defensive minded team, palying well but averaging less than 1 goal in their last 4 matches... I know its a friendly, just thought you may have some insight. Thanks :ok

Re: FIFA International Friendlies > 16th - 18th November I can understand the calls for the Faroes to get something, but only if Scotland were replacing the 9 dropouts with 9 amputees. There's too much emphasis put on team news sometimes. How de we know these players won't come in and want to impress? Mackie, Commons, and Adam are in great form for their respective clubs. Understandably the Faroes have a pretty dire away record, and they are a part time outfit.

I can understand the calls for the Faroes to get something, but only if Scotland were replacing the 9 dropouts with 9 amputees. There's too much emphasis put on team news sometimes. How de we know these players won't come in and want to impress? Mackie, Commons, and Adam are in great form for their respective clubs. Understandably the Faroes have a pretty dire away record, and they are a part time outfit.
Agree, I wouldn't recommend any large stakes not that I think anyone would be daft enough to put large stakes on Faroe Islands! I'm disappointed not to see more handicap prices out the +3EH would have interested me more, the point you make about players being in form for their respective clubs is an important one but maybe not in the way you intended, would be surprised if most of this team will have ever played together before and don't underestimate the importance of having a side that has played together before and know each others strengths and weaknesses. I would be surprised to see a convincing result in Scotlands favour of more than 2 goals tomorrow.

would be surprised if most of this team will have ever played together before and don't underestimate the importance of having a side that has played together before and know each others strengths and weaknesses.
Fair point :ok It's mainly to do with the confidence factor. These players are all doing well at club level, and have now been given the extra boost of being called up at national level. While the players we know as regulars might take this tie a little complacently, the players coming in should see this as their big chance to shine. And for some, it might be their only shot at wearing the blue jersey in the first eleven. At least, in the short term future.

Hey Mustafa, first time poster, love this forum... Question for you as an Azeri football follower: What kind of squad is the Azeri team going to have for the friendly match against Montenegro? I feel there is value at the +1.25 line at + odds here...Azerbaijan coming off a regional win over Turkey in Euro Quals, Maybe the the plus odds are worth a shot? Montenegro seems to be a defensive minded team, palying well but averaging less than 1 goal in their last 4 matches... I know its a friendly, just thought you may have some insight. Thanks :ok
:welcome to PL. Our captain R.Sadigov who scored the winning goal against Turkey will miss this game. Montenegro is a very strong team and I will be surprised if we get something from this game because we play better at home than away. Montenegro will most likely win 1-0, so I do not see any value in backing Azerbaijan +2 @ 1.57. I might just place some accumulator bet for fun with small stakes, like Over and Under bets.

Re: FIFA International Friendlies > 16th - 18th November Bulgaria v Serbia (17:00 GMT) 17/11/10 Back: Serbia + 0.25 @ 1.84 SBOBET 10/10 units I usually don't recommend betting on international friendlies as you are never quite sure what team and tactics are going to show up. However, I am going to make an exception this time as I believe this will be far from a friendly as both of these East European neighbours battle it out. It is fair too say that both of these teams are in bad form. Serbia are (1W,3L,1D) while Bulgaria are (2W,3L) in last 5 games. However, if you look at the respective qualities in terms of player ability then I think the clear edge is with Serbia. Serbia boasts many well known premiership players (Vidic, Ivanovic, Kolarov, Milijas, Tosic, Zigic) and were initially thought of as dark horses for the world cup. Bulgaria on the other hand are in a period of rebuilding with some of their established stars (Berbatov & S. Petrov) retiring from international football unhappy with the setup and inability to qualify for international competitions. I think Bulgaria will struggle to score against the Serbian defence and their place as favourites is questionable in my mind. With much pride at stake I see the superior quality of the Serbian players edging a tight game by a goal. This being said I like the draw coverage also resulting in profit and as such I have taken Serbia + 0.25 @ 1.84 SBOBET which seems generous to me. Good luck :hope

Re: FIFA International Friendlies > 16th - 18th November Just checked the odds for Over 2.5 markets and prices for most games are surprisingly high around 2.30, am I missing something, because normally friendly games produce more goals since teams are using new players and formations and tend to play open football.

:welcome to PL. Our captain R.Sadigov who scored the winning goal against Turkey will miss this game. Montenegro is a very strong team and I will be surprised if we get something from this game because we play better at home than away. Montenegro will most likely win 1-0, so I do not see any value in backing Azerbaijan +2 @ 1.57. I might just place some accumulator bet for fun with small stakes, like Over and Under bets.
Mustafa, what do you reckon are the chances of under 2.5 goals? It's 1.84 on Betfair which seems a really good price to me. Both sides seem to be pretty defensive with the great majority of games going under. I watched Montenegro against Wales and the pitch wasn't very good either which, in my experience, seems to aid low scoring games.

Mustafa' date=' what do you reckon are the chances of under 2.5 goals? It's 1.84 on Betfair which seems a really good price to me. Both sides seem to be pretty defensive with the great majority of games going under. I watched Montenegro against Wales and the pitch wasn't very good either which, in my experience, seems to aid low scoring games.[/quote'] I also was thinking about the unders, but to be honest I do not trust our team away from home. If I am correct Montenegro plays their game in Podgorica and last time Azerbaijan played there against Serbia & Montenegro and drew 2-2. But as I said earlier it will most likely end 1-0 for Montenegro or at most 2-0. I really can't see us scoring here since even England did not manage to score against Montenegro. Most probably will take Under 2.5 Goals in some acca bet because national teams are more predictable than clubs so the risk is a bit lower here.

Re: FIFA International Friendlies > 16th - 18th November I don't know why switzerland are favorites? We only lost one match in 2010 against Brazil 2-1 playing experemental squad.Kalitvencev (our temporary coach) said it will be last time he is using experemental squad and he is 70% sure who wil stay in main 11.this mathc is a last chance for some players to show their ability to play in starting line up. Here is our squad for this match: keepers: Pyatov,Hudzamov ( both Shakhtar) defenders: Chygrynskiy,rakitskiy,Kucher(Shakhtar),Mandzuk(Dnepr),Myhalik(Dynamo),Fedetskiy(Karpaty),Fedoriv(amkar),Romanchuk(Metalist) midfielders:Rotan,konoplyanka(Dnipro),Yarmolenko(Dynamo),Oleynik(Metalist),Stepanenko(Shakhtar),Aliev(Lokomotyv),Tymoschuk(bayern) strikers: Devich (Metalist), Milevskiy(Dynamo) We have extremly strong midfield for this game,all guys are spot on.tymoschuk plays more in bayern now,Aliev is a master of standards and long shots,Konoplyanka and yarmolenko are fast and creative.Our strikers Devich and clown Milevskiy hit form lately.both scoring in last few matches and especialy Devich will try to get place in main 11. My call Ukraine +0.25AH @1.975 bet365 GL :ok

Re: FIFA International Friendlies > 16th - 18th November I am looking at Russia - Belgium game. I don't think players and Club Managers are particularly happy about this international break. Fine, Zenit are already crowned, but 2 major games during the weekend will possibly decide the second place, and all the big guns are involved. Fatigue is a fact at this stage of the league, yet most of the internationals from Rubin, CSKA and Spartak have a lot at stake coming ( I take it the Zenit players will be relaxed somehow ). All the top Russian players from Euro league hardly need to prove much to any Manager and are involved in important games during weekend. The odds of 1,53 for HW do not represent value at all, can't see the Russians pushing for a thrashing. And who says the Belgiums will just bend over? I rather see a slow and careful approach...No bet Paraguay - 1EH @ 1,66 looks appealing at Hong Kong. No matter what players, guests should be able to cover the two-goal difference, there is a class gap of light years. Unless it is another promotional trip... Holland - Turkey Over 2,5 Goals @ 1,90 Odds I would always take for goals with Holland involved. Clearly an attacking team, with strong talent coming up all the time. Turkey can also contribute here to the Over - their team never stops surprising me. Last time I saw them was the full game vs Germany, and IMO the final score wouldn't have been such if Turkey had some players available and IF Turkey looked forward more often. Switzerland - Ukraine Over 2 @ 1,725 I was first attracted by the high odds for Over 2,5 Goals @ 2,30. Yet I went for the safer choice with Over 2 as I do not rule out 2-0 or 1-1. The Ukrainians are experimenting in all games as they are all friendlies to them and anyone can score with them, while the Swiss team can be more than just solid at the back. Good attacking potential with both teams though... I also agree with the post above, that Serbia has a lot more class and potential than any Bulgarian team at the moment, and the new German Manager ( didn't do much as a Manager anywhere yet ) can not change things over a couple of months...No bet. As for the ''big games'' - have all day for digging tomorrow - Argentina vs Brazil, Sweden vs Germany, Portugal - Spain and England vs France. 4 Draws, singles and doubles? Only two are needed for profit :D

Re: FIFA International Friendlies > 16th - 18th November Sweden vs Germany Group of Sweden: Mellberg, Ibrahimovic and Hysén will not feature, naturally the first two most noteable and usual spine of the team. Johan Elmander who is in excellent form at Bolton will not take part as he is expecting childbirth in the family. This home team will be one of the new generation with some exciting players but not something that can reach the level of the germans right now. It will be a mixture of players based in Sweden, Netherlands and Denmark mostly. Goalkeepers Andreas Isaksson Johan Wiland Defenders Mikael Antonsson Daniel Majstorovic Mikael Lustig Behrang Safari Andreas Granqvist Oscar Wendt Midfielders/Attackers Anders Svensson Rasmus Elm Kim Källström Sebastian Larsson Pontus Wernbloom Denni Avdic Ola Toivonen Marcus Berg Christian Wilhelmsson Alexander Gerndt Germany: Lahm Müller and Özil are out same as Podolski Team: Adler, Boateng, Mertesacker, Westermann, Schmelzer, Khedira, Schweinsteiger, Marin, Kroos, Großkreutz, Gomez, Neuer, Beck, Hummels, M. Götze, Holtby, Träsch, Cacau, Helmes, Schürrle possible lineup: Adler - Boateng, Mertesacker, Westermann, Schmelzer - Khedira, Schweinsteiger - Marin, Kroos, Großkreutz - Gomez (from kicker.de) I definitely see value in Germany AW. Their coach seem to found the right chemistry with his players and I think they want to show how good they are and this stage. They still have huge talents in their squad without ozil. Cacau and Gomez on fire atm who can deliver some goals here and ofcourse schweinsteiger germans engine in midfield next to strong Khedira. I'm a bit concern about their defense but I don't rate Sweden that high with their current squad especially without Ibra. Should be an open game with scores 0-2 1-3 maybe. Goodluck.

Re: FIFA International Friendlies > 16th - 18th November Russia vs Belgium Belgium squad : Goalkeepers: Jean-Fran̤ois Gillet (Bari/Ita), Simon Mignolet (Sunderland/Ang), Silvio Proto (Anderlecht) Defenders: Toby Alderweireld (Ajax/P-B), Laurent Ciman (Standard), Vincent Kompany (Manchester City/Ang), Nicolas Lombaerts (Zenit St-P̩tersbourg/Rus), S̩bastien Pocognoli (Standard), Daniel Van Buyten (Bayern Munich/All) Midfielders: Steven Defour (Standard), Marouane Fellaini (Everton/Ang), Vadis Odjidja Ofoe (Club de Bruges), Timmy Simons (Nuremberg/All), Jan Vertonghen (Ajax/P-B), Axel Witsel (Standard) Attackers: Moussa Demb̩l̩ (Fulham/Ang), Eden Hazard (Lille/Fra), Jonathan Legear (Anderlecht), Romelu Lukaku (Anderlecht), Kevin Mirallas (Olympiacos /Gr̬), Marvin Ogunjimi (Racing Genk), Bjorn Vleminckx (NEC/P-B) et Jelle Vossen (Racing Genk) Russia Goalkeepers РIgor Akinfeev (CSKA Moscow), Sergey Ryzhikov (Rubin); Defenders РAlexander Anuykov (Zenit), Alexei Berezutsky, Vasily Berezutsky, Sergey Ignashevich (all РCSKA Moscow), Roman Shishkin (Lokomotiv Moscow), Viktor Vasin (Spartak Nalchik), Yury Zhirkov (Chelsea, England); Midfielders РDiniyar Bilyaletdinov (Everton, England), Vladimir Bystrov, Igor Denisov, Konstantin Zyryanov (all РZenit), Alan Dzagoev, Pavel Mamaev (both РCSKA Moscow), Igor Semshov (Dinamo Moscow); Forwards РAndrei Arshavin (Arsenal, England), Pavel Pogrebnyak (Stuttgart, Germany), Alexander Kerzhakov (Zenit), Alexander Bukharov (Rubin). BTW, Anuykov, Bystrov and Denisov (all of currently crowned champion Zenit) are out due fitness reasons, mf Shirokov called-up as replacement. Also gk Ryzhikov is replaced with Shunin. Still, we have a very strong Russia line-up imo. Belgian coach already said that he will rest many important players and give some space to new talents. He selected 5 new players for this match. Another interesting fact is that Dick Advocaat [former Belgium coach] now is the Head coach of Russia so he knows both teams very well. Russia "bought" him from Belgium for a silly 6 million a year contract. Kind of betrayel they say in Belgium so No doubt, he wants to proof that he is worth the 6 millie and did not made a mistake. The game will be played in Voronezh. In Moscow this game wouldn't attend much fans, but in Voronezh the stadium will be sold - out with 32.000 fans. Russia playing at home is pretty strong and way too good for quite a new belgium squad imo. I'm going for HW -1AH @1.95 for 5pts. And over 2.5 goals with 5pts. Cause Belgium do have some quality up front to score a goal. Goodluck all.

Re: FIFA International Friendlies > 16th - 18th November Romania vs Italy Squads: romanianflagicon.jpg GK: Pantilimon (Timisoara), Tatarusanu (Steaua) DF: Sapunaru (Porto), Rapa (Otelul), Maftei (Urziceni), Gardos (Steaua), Tamas (WBA), Goian (Palermo), hivu (Internazionale), Rat (Shakhtar) MF: Torje (Dinamo), Roman (Rapid), Ropotan (Dinamo M), Florescu (Alania), Alexa (Timisoara), S.Ilie (Otelul), Tanase (Steaua), Deac (Schalke 04) FW: Marica (Stuttgart), G.Bucur (Kuban), Stancu, Bilasco (both Steaua) * Gardos, Rapa, S.Ilie all selected for the first time. Romania's important missings. - Sapunaru (Porto): injured at NT's training - M.Constantin (Rapid): injured at NT's training - S.Radu (Lazio): injured last round - Radoi (Al Hilal): retired from the national team - D.Niculae (Monaco): comes after injury - Mutu (Fiorentina): suspended from the NT italyflagicon.jpg GK: Mirante (Parma), Sirigu (Palermo), Viviano (Bologna) DF: Astori (Cagliari), Balzaretti (Palermo), Bonucci (Juventus), Cassani (Palermo), Criscito (Genoa), Gastaldello (Sampdoria), Ranocchia (Genoa), Santon (Inter) MF: Aquilani (Juventus), De Rossi (Roma), Diamanti (Brescia), Ledesma (Lazio), Marchisio (Juventus), Mauri (Lazio), Pirlo (Milan) FW: Balotelli (Manchester City), Gilardino (Fiorentina), Pazzini (Sampdoria), Quagliarella (Juventus), Rossi (Villarreal) * Balzaretti, Diamanti, Ledesma and Ranocchia all selected for the first time. I don't know that much about Romanian football so it's hard for me to say how they will play in this one but they will miss their big players and selected only a few with much quality and experience on a high level. Italy on the other hand also did not convinced me yet but they do have great players in their squad and I hope under the new Coach Prandelli that they will get their motivation back to really make something of this team. It's possible that's for sure. I'm expecting a tight match cause Romania is hard to beat at home. Most of the time they will defend like hell but I don't think they will keep a cleansheet. Heard from some friends who are Romanian that especially their defense is very weak atm with these players. Hope they are right or that some Romanian tipster can confirm that. :) I'm going for the straight AW here with 4pts. Goodluck.

Russia "bought" him from Belgium for a silly 6 million a year contract...no doubt, he wants to prove that he is worth the 6 millie and did not made a mistake.
I hope Don Fabio pops in the Punters Lounge Forum and reads this...The number looks so familiar :lol Cheers Senk, it looks like a very strong Russian team, but I still think -- fatigue is a fact at the end of the Championship; -- important games at weekend in Russia; -- some of the ''foreigners'' might not even feature in the Russian team, or if yes - for no longer than 45 minutes; -- Belgium team in fact looks better than I expected, if your line-up is right. Going for Home -1 AH is really the only reasonable option, as the HW @ 1,53 is bad news. Wish you luck, but I do not see such a hard push from the host, and I hope the Over works for you too, although the game is rather underish. I do not think Advocaat needs to prove much to anyone. His record all over is well-respected, he is good at his job. And I bet his agent secured those 6 million a year just as well as Don Fabio secured his. No team or Manager need/can prove much in a friendly game, certainly they all want a good result, but schemes and players are tried, tactical experiments are on trial, set pieces are tested, often up to 11 substitutions are made. Just on those substitutions good 5-6 minutes are wasted, not much extra time added in friendlies, not to mention that all players are extra careful of injuries GL with your bets though, the game still looks funny to me, unless the Voronez crowd who doesn't see much international football live somehow lifts up the team. Doubt it... Must admit I like Mahno's post about the Swiss - Ukraine game. I will stick to my Over 2 Goals, but it is well-reasoned... GL all

Re: FIFA International Friendlies > 16th - 18th November The good thing is espn.go.com confirmed most games are played at good major grounds. The only venues which are not listed yet are with Slovakia, Switzerland and Jamaica. The Russian game says Moscow, but I believe senk is right. There is only one question - Argentina vs Brazil was promoted to be played in Dubai, while ESPN are having ''Antonio Vespuci Liberti'' across the game ( Monumental of River Plate ). Anyone to confirm either?

I am looking at Russia - Belgium game. I don't think players and Club Managers are particularly happy about this international break. Fine' date= Zenit are already crowned, but 2 major games during the weekend will possibly decide the second place, and all the big guns are involved. Fatigue is a fact at this stage of the league, yet most of the internationals from Rubin, CSKA and Spartak have a lot at stake coming ( I take it the Zenit players will be relaxed somehow ). All the top Russian players from Euro league hardly need to prove much to any Manager and are involved in important games during weekend. The odds of 1,53 for HW do not represent value at all, can't see the Russians pushing for a thrashing. And who says the Belgiums will just bend over? I rather see a slow and careful approach...No bet Paraguay - 1EH @ 1,66 looks appealing at Hong Kong. No matter what players, guests should be able to cover the two-goal difference, there is a class gap of light years. Unless it is another promotional trip... Holland - Turkey Over 2,5 Goals @ 1,90 Odds I would always take for goals with Holland involved. Clearly an attacking team, with strong talent coming up all the time. Turkey can also contribute here to the Over - their team never stops surprising me. Last time I saw them was the full game vs Germany, and IMO the final score wouldn't have been such if Turkey had some players available and IF Turkey looked forward more often. Switzerland - Ukraine Over 2 @ 1,725 I was first attracted by the high odds for Over 2,5 Goals @ 2,30. Yet I went for the safer choice with Over 2 as I do not rule out 2-0 or 1-1. The Ukrainians are experimenting in all games as they are all friendlies to them and anyone can score with them, while the Swiss team can be more than just solid at the back. Good attacking potential with both teams though... I also agree with the post above, that Serbia has a lot more class and potential than any Bulgarian team at the moment, and the new German Manager ( didn't do much as a Manager anywhere yet ) can not change things over a couple of months...No bet. As for the ''big games'' - have all day for digging tomorrow - Argentina vs Brazil, Sweden vs Germany, Portugal - Spain and England vs France. 4 Draws, singles and doubles? Only two are needed for profit :D
I agree with Over 2.5 in Holland-Turkey game. As for the big games you mentioned I will probably tak to Both to Score in Argentina-Brazil game which will be played in Qatar and both teams play open attacking football and I don't think it will be a low scoring game. Also like Over 2.5 Goals in England-France game. I think last game at Wembley against Montenegro I think was the only one in like 10 games there which did not have over 2.5 goals.