Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - BMW Championship 8-12 Sep

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Verizon Heritage 15-18 April Totally agree Jenspm, will be interesting to see how Davis bounces back from this. A class act, and he knows how to stay on, but I'm not sure I'll be backing him this week - but maybe sometime soon. This week is the Zurich Classic in New Orleans and the Mardi Gras atmosphere that comes with it! It's difficult to see any particular trends in the results with the tournament having been played 4 times, 3 have been first time winners and the other hadnt won for 7 years. It seems you have to be a big driver (but then Jerry Kelly won last year and isnt) and hit a lot of greens. Apart from that, it's pretty difficult to tell but, hell, it's New Orleans so let the good times roll! Charles Howell III @ 29 ew ToteSport People might think this price is crazy but I actually see it as being quite fair. He played well last week (despite his weekend score) finishing in the top 25 (again) and leading after 2 rounds on a course which doesnt suit a wayward driver (162nd in Driving Accuracy), however, this course should be much more forgiving. Howell loves it in New Orleans and freely admits to this being his favourite stop on tour and feeling most comfortable here (despite the fact he is an Augusta native) and that shows with his results in NO - 7 outings, no missed cuts, 4 top 10s and 2 runner ups. The runner ups were on two different courses, however, one was last year so that shows he can play the course. His form this year has been very good with 6 top 25s in 11 tournaments. In 41 rounds here, he has 3 which have been higher than 73 and is therefore 7th on scoring average. His putting is usually his achilles heel but is currently in the top 30 for this - a vast improvement to last years 92nd and 2008s 145th. A guy who hits a lot of greens, loves it here and has won twice in his young career on the PGA Tour sounds good to me. Kevin Stadler @ 71 ew Bet365 Stadler is a good player. He may not have won on the PGA Tour but he has won before on pretty much every other tour he has competed on so theres no doubting his ability. While the results dont show it, I have a feeling he likes the course. He played here and missed the cut in 05, but when the tournament left the course he missed the tournament in 06, coming back here to finish pretty poorly again while making the cut in 07, he missed the cut yet again in 08 but last year seemed to play better finished 24th and going in to the final round in 8th place well in line for a good payday all around - why did he come back for the last 3 years? It's only (hopeful) speculation but the fact that he has played 4 of the last 5 years, missing the one year it wasnt played at TPC Louisiana, means something to me! His form this year has been very good with 8 tournaments played, 5 top 20s including 3 top 10s and a 6th on his last outing a few weeks ago. He is striking the ball well and currently lies top of the GIR rankings which should bode well for this course and is 8th in ball striking stats as well as 13th in the all around stats - which shows that his play has not fallen below a very good standard so far this year. He should be refreshed and raring to go after a 3 week break and at 70/1, I feel he's a very good price. Graham DeLaet @ 101 ew StanJames Some may remember that I tipped this guy up @ 300/1 a few weeks ago when finished 1 shot outside a playoff in Houston to land a mega e/w payout. He didnt suit the course last week so I feel the made cut is a more than credible effort. This is a course that should suit his game much better; he hits the ball big (4th in distance), hits a lot of greens (20th in GIR) and he is great scrambler (9th in scrambling). While he had a slump after his promising start to the year (started with 2 top 25s, following up with 5MCs) I feel that he is more than back with his 3 made cuts including a top 25 and a top 3 and he is definitely a guy to watch (who will hopefully fly under the radar for a while longer!). GL:hope

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Zurich Classic 22-25 April So a disappointing finish to the week for the first time in a few but hopefully this week will hold better things to come! Have missed out on some of the early value but still like some of the plays so fingers crossed. Quail Hollow seems to suit those who have the game for a major championship as proven by past winners Messrs Toms, Furyk, Singh and Woods as well as potentials Messrs O'Hair and Kim (sorry Mr Sindelar but you're not really in their class!), so that's the way I'm looking at it this week. Great ball strikers and possible big tournament winners. All eyes will be on Woods vs Mickelson, but I can tell you now, my eyes will definitely be elsewhere! Camilo Villegas @ 36 ew Paddy Power Villegas has proved he has a major game by winning two tournaments in 2008 in the Fedex Cup Playoffs with high quality fields. He has a great game for this tournament with his big hitting, solid iron play and great putting. He knows how to make birdies lying 15th for birdie conversion rate and has proved he can play with the best with his aforementioned Tour Championship win and his top 13 finishes in all Major Champs. His record here is solid, and having made his last 3 cuts and made very good halfway starts in the last year he is ready to have a good run at winning this. Lying 10th in All Around Ranking would suggest that his form has been good this year and that's exactly how it has been - a win and 3 other top 8 finishes in his 7 starts on the PGA and another top 10 finish on the Desert Swing shows how well he is playing. His 5th last time out doesnt hurt either. This all adds up to a good bet on Villegas at odds over 26 - having not felt the Verizon suited him (and finishing 5th), this should be right up his street so hopefully he'll challenge once again - and I can only imagine he'll thrive coming up against Lefty and Tiger. Nick Watney @ 36 ew StanJames Top 25 on tour for Total Driving, Ball Striking, Birdie Conversion, Birdie % on par 5s, Birdie % on par 4s, GIR and All Around Ranking. With his game in fantastic shape this year do I need to say much more? Ok so his putting isnt quite up there but it's still decent and his 7th place finish (including top round of the week) at the Masters last time out shows it cant be that bad! His form is good with 4 top 10s in 10 tournaments including 2 top 10s in his last 3 tournaments. So his game is in shape, his form is good, how about his course form? Well having playedhere 5 times he doesnt actually have a top 10, but he's never missed a cut and has 4 top 25s so he knows the course and can clearly play it, it's just about taking it to the next level. The guy is a future Major contendor, if not winner, an definitely has the game and belief to win this week. Having seen O'Hair and Kim do it with very similar profiles, I'll take the 35s on offer for Watney to join the club. DJ Trahan @ 81 ew BoyleSports I almost feel sorry for DJ Trahan - not really thought because he has earnt $7m through playing golf! But he is a 20something with 2 PGA Tour career wins under his belt and almost the forgotten man. I mean everything about the guys game screams class - 20th for total driving, 3rd for GIR, 5th for ball striking, 7th for birdie % of both par 4s and par 5s, top 50 for putts/gir and the all important 5th in all around ranking. So why is he ignored? Well to be honest, for this price I dont really care because his game is clearly in good shape. As well as those good looking stats he is backing it up with results. OK, so he missed the first cut of the season, and he didnt exactly impress last time out when making the cut - but then in between these two he played 7 tournaments with 6 top 17 finishes including 3 top 10s. Not bad. Now he comes to a course that suits him more than last weeks and he should be a lot happier. He has played here 5 times before so knows the course and finished 9th and 14th in his first two visits here so clearly knows how to play it. Hopefully his good play will continue this week and at 80s for a 2 time tour winner - who has also finished in the top 5 at a Major before - I feel it's a decent punt. Heath Slocum @ 101 ew ToteSport Slocum definitely has class, it's just difficult to know when to pick it out! Last year he came away from the Barclays Fedex tournament with a victory having beaten Harrington, Stricker, Woods and Els in to second place - that's a combined 20 Majors (and the world number 3 with none!) in to second place. Impressive stuff. He may not be the longest hitter but he is the most accurate on tour so far this year and has good iron play to boot, in the top 25 for GIR. He is also playing well results wise - 10 tournaments, 4 top 25s, including an 18th at the Masters two tournaments ago and an 8th place at the Verizon Heritage two weeks ago. This bodes well coming on a to a course which, while long, has actually treated him well in the past. He has played here 6 times so should know the course pretty well. In his 6 appearances he actually has two top 10s including a 5th in 2008 where he was lying 2nd to Anthony Kim going in to the final round so he know he can challenge here. Coming in to some good form, he should definitely not be a triple figure price. GL:hope

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Quail Hollow Championship 29 Apr-2 May Hi all, back to buisness this week. Two picks Tiger woods 2pt win @3 to 1 Has a cumelative -34 here finished 4th last year in the same event and won it in 2007. Never outside trhe top 12. Was a lttle all over the shop at the masters but was still in contention on the last day, if he had have made the birdie on 12 instead of the three putt who knows what coulkd have happened. I expect him to have worked on his game over the last couple of weeks,( inbetween talking about his anticks in the bedroom) Boo weekley 1 pt e/w 66 to 1 Has been hitting form of late with a t10 last week which turned out to be a messy tournament, This course will suit boo's type of play as birdies on par fours are a crucial stat to win this week. If he starts holing a few putts he should be there or there abouts.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Quail Hollow Championship 29 Apr-2 May Quail Hollow Championship Outright: Ricky Barnes @51.00 EW Totesport (1,2,3,4 places - 1/4 odds) I'm amazed at this price being offered by Totesport for Barnes after he posted a very respectable -3 for his 1st round (Paddypower go 33/1 & William Hill go 40/1). Barnes has been playing some of his best golf recently with a 5th finish at his last event The Verizon Heritage and previous to that a 10th place in The Masters. :ok

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Quail Hollow Championship 29 Apr-2 May

Sport Golf
Event Quail Hollow outright
Selection Phil Mickleson
Strength 10/10
Date 02/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 3.00 (Back)
Reasoning Mickleson is playing pretty solid this week, and I expect him to come through on the final day. Played pretty well yesterday but couldn't get a put to drop. Mayfair has a 2 shot lead, but despite playing well yesterday I think the pressure may get to him. Even a top 5 would be a big result for him and if Lefty gets level I have no doubt who to be on. Of course some other guys in the mix, but I think Mickleson will shoot a decent round and it'll be enough for a win.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Quail Hollow Championship 29 Apr-2 May Rory McIlroy to beat Anthony Kim in the final round @ 11/8 with Stan James McIlroy had a best-of-the-day round of 66 yesterday which included NINE birdies....recently he appears to be suffering from lack of confidence (or is he making swing changes?) but this should give him a great boost for the final round.:ok He's only 2 shots behind 2nd place (4 behind Mayfair) so I might also have a small each way on him at 25/1 @ Laddies (1-2-3 @ 1/4 odds) Good luck all:hope TQM

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Quail Hollow Championship 29 Apr-2 May Rory McIlroy Outright EW @26.00 William Hill (1/4 odds 1,2,3 places) He had a great day yesterday after almost missing the cut. On -5 with a host of players and only 2 shots behind Mickelson who has stated he hates the layout of this place which is unusual for him. Another good round like yesterday for Rory and he looks a good each way shot at the price! :ok

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Quail Hollow Championship 29 Apr-2 May

Rory McIlroy Outright EW @26.00 William Hill (1/4 odds 1' date=2,3 places) He had a great day yesterday after almost missing the cut. On -5 with a host of players and only 2 shots behind Mickelson who has stated he hates the layout of this place which is unusual for him. Another good round like yesterday for Rory and he looks a good each way shot at the price! :ok
:clap Well done Jonesy! Absolutely unbelievable. A demolition job. Not even you could have seen it being this easy Jonesy but impressive nonetheless! Hopefully I can nick a bit of your luck for golf in the future!!

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Quail Hollow Championship 29 Apr-2 May Thanks Hornet :ok I was thinking that McIlroy was good for a 2nd or 3rd place finish but how he destroyed them in that final round :nana This should be the making of him this tournament now that he has broken through in the USA. With Woods fighting his demons and Lefty hitting 40, now is the right time for somebody to grab the bull by the horns and really challenge for the No1 spot in the world - McIlroy has all the makings to do that.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Quail Hollow Championship 29 Apr-2 May I had just done big writeups and managed to delete them so I wont be doing it again! Basically I'm now splitting my stakes between outright/ew and first round leader ew bets. Jim Furyk @ 23 ew 34 ew first round leader stanjames 2 time winner this year including one in florida, 3 wins in last 10 events. 3 top 5s here in last 6 tries. Past major winner in great current form on a course he clearly enjoys. Stephen Ames @ 67 ew 67 ew first round leader betfred 5 top 25s in 10 starts this year including one top 10. Two tournaments ago he hit two rounds of 65 on similar small greens at the verizon heritage. Has 3 of his 4 tour wins in Florida so clearly loves it here and has one win here at the Players as well as 4 other top 17s (and 2 other top 5s) in the past 8 years. Looks well over priced. Ben Crane @ 101 win 19 top 6, 67 ew first round leader extrabet/stanjames Crane has already won once this year, 5top 25s in 10 tournaments this year. Very solid all around game and currently top 20 in both driving accuracy and GIR and top 60 in putting. His course form is excellent having improved his performances in all 5 attempts culminating in a 6th two years ago and a 5th last year. Started with a 65 last year so can hopefully do that again. Charl Schwartzel @ 71 ew, 67 ew first round leader bluesq A few weeks ago he was the flavour of the month, but apparently some thing has changed. Finished 2nd in a WGC event here in Florida recently so should have good memories of the State. Has played 11 events this year - 2wins, 2 2nds and a 3rd shows that he is a class act and shouldnt be underestimated. Has played here once before finishing 58th and managed one round under par at 69, so that should give him a bit of a feel for the course. In reality having finished 2nd at the WGC-CA, 3rd at the Shell Houston and 30th at the Masters he clearly learns courses quickly and at these odds Im willing to take a chance on him. Having hit over 73% of greens in regulation on the European Tour this year he clearly has the game to succeed here. Jeff Klauk @ 201 ew first round leader, top 10 @ 26, top 20 @ 9 Stanjames, Bet365, StanJames OK, so this is a little bit more out of left field but this is Jeff Klauks home course so I'm going to put a little bit of faith in him. He has missed as many cuts as he's made this year but he is recovering from a seizure and apparently is feeling as good as he has since that last seizure in February. He played his first competitive tournament here last year and finished 14th which was more than satisfactory and apparently he has played the course more than 1000times so he should know it back to front. He is also being caddied by his brother this week who knows the course just as well and no doubt he'll feel comfortable with family on the bag so hopefully the local and family connections will make him feel good this week. GL:hope

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - The Players Championship 6 May - 9 May Hello guys, Few bets for me this week in the Players Championship at the TPC Sawgrass.. tpc-sawgrass.jpg I love this course and I hope it brings out the best in our PGA players once again this week.. First bet for me.. Tiger Woods win @ 9.4 (Betfair) Tiger Woods win E/W @ 8 (Bet365) Tiger comes into this tournament off the back of missing the cut at the Quail Hollow Championship last week, this is uncharacteristic him. He has now played two tournaments since his infamous break from golf, once at the Masters where he finished T4 on -11 and last weeks poor effort the aforementioned Quail Championship where he misse the cut. I feel these odds represent the bookmakers placing a large emphases on his Quail result last week rather than his potential to bounce back with a performance this week, which he is more than capable of doing. Another reason for the high odds may be that his past form of this course is not exactly great, only one win in twelve attemps on the TPC course is a rather surprising stat for a guy whom has been so successfull in his career elsewhere. However, due to these factors the bookies have priced up Tiger at a price that you wont see that often and I am willing to take it with a few points on it. Second bet for me.. Padraig Harrington win E/W @ 29.00 (Bet365) The Dubliner has been on a rather unpredictable form guide, missing the cut at Augusta last month and then shooting two great final rounds last week at the Quail to tie for 7th. These two rounds are the main basis for this bet, he comes into this tournament off decent recent form, and that can only inspire the Irishman who has not recorded a win since the 2008 PGA Championship. I seem to remember he went through different coaching in 2008 and made some adjustments to his swing, surely that has got to come to fruition soon and why not at the TPC this week? He has twice finished runner up in this tournament and he also has recorded a decent victory in Florida already this season with T - 3rd at the WGC-CA Championship and T - 8th in the Transitions Championship. The TPC golf course has changed a bit since his two runner up appearances but he himself feels it suits his style of play more now than it did then in 03-04. Something which I read earlier today also suggested that although he likes to see his Irish counterparts doing well (In Rory McIlroy's win last week) he has that sporting competitive edge to his nature and he'll want to show the golfing world that he is an irishman who can play also. Happy to take him on an each way bet at these odds. Third bet.... Camilo Villegas win E/W @ 36.00 (Bet365) The Columbian comes into this tournament off the back of a horrific final round of 80 at last weeks Quail comeptition. However, prior to the final round he was sitting 12th and in contention of a decent finish had the adrenalin not rushed to his arms and made him hack the ball round his final round. He is always a threat and I personally enjoy his style of play, I like supporting him and that may be an added insentive to back him here. However, there are facts and figures which make a bit more sence from a punters perspective. He went to college in Florida, and he has a great record in the state with a win at this years Honda Classic and two play-off losses. He made his Sawgrass debut in 2006 and finished tied 3rd, he followed this decent course form up with a 1th finish last year and third in GIR. Overall I think he is an exciting player and I'll enjoy watching him with a few quid on him at E/W, also he has the ability to make a real drive for this this week. Final winner bet for me.... Ben Crane win E/W @ 76.00 (Bet365) The American sits at relatively high odds here and I like the look of an E/W finish at least. In his last two appearences here he has finished 5th and 6th, both being winners for this bet. He comes into it on decent form this season, already winning at the Farmers Insurence Open and a top 25 finish in Augusta earlier in the year. More of a speculative bet this due to his last two finishes in the tournament but I think it's worth backing him E/W with small stakes. For anyone interested, all these bets are taken with E/W bets paying out 1/4 - 1,2,3,4,5,6 with Bet365:ok:ok Goodluck everyone :hope:hope

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - The Players Championship 6 May - 9 May Terrible wek last week boys, hopefully a bit better this week. I kinda fancy mickelson and with the added incentive of becoming world number one could be a deciding factor, he's in great form coming into it however i feel the added pressure of winning to become world number one is too much all in the one week at such a huge tournament, so iv decided to go for a bit of value instead. Padraig Harrington 28/1 e/w Had a great weekend last week and showed signs of coming back to form, Has two runner up spots here so obviousy likes the course. He is a notorous slow starter to the season but we're well into the swing of things now so that excuse is starting to wear thin. Has had some great rounds mixed in with some very mediocre ones but last weekend he seemed to be back to his old self.He's a real scrambler and will never give up so hopefully he can string a few rounds together.:ok

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - The Players Championship 6 May - 9 May 1st Round Leader - EW (1/4 ODDS - 1,2,3,4,5,6 places) Ben Crane EW @67.00 StanJames Crane has done well here in the last 2 years coming 5th last year and 6th in 08 and that has largely been down to getting off to a fast start. He has hit 65, 70 & 68 in his last 3 times he has been here in the 1st round and led the field last year after round 1. John Mallinger EW @276.00 StanJames This Guy finished 3rd here last year and hit a very decent 66 for his 1st round. Although he's been quite awful this year if he can rekindle the spark which got him into contention last year then these odds really are ridiculous considering most other bookmakers go 150/1. Lee Westwood EW @34.00 Paddypower One thing with Westwood is that he is always a fast starter and yet when it comes to the business end he is always found wanting. I hope one day soon Westwood wins a decent tournament in the USA because his talents deserve it. :ok

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - The Players Championship 6 May - 9 May I'll take 3 this week in what is one of my favourite strokeplay tournaments. 1.5pts ew I.Poulter to win Players Championship 28/1 Skybet (1/4 1,2,3,4,5,6) Ian Poulter's had a knee injury in recent weeks but on his twitter page he reckons his knee is really good and he's talking a good game. Now that's not surprising as we know he likes the sound of his own voice but this year he's playing some good stuff. None better than when he won the Accenture Matchplay earlier in the year. Poulter's got the perfect game for this place. He drives it straight enough, hits his irons crisp and is a very good putter. He was 2nd to Stenson last year and if his knee is good and it holds up this weekend then I think the Englishman can be right in the mix on Sunday. 1pt ew E.Els to win Players Championship 28/1 Boylesports (1/4 1,2,3,4,5,6) I backed Ernie Els at the Masters when he went in there as the form guy and although he never really showed up for 3 days he still finished in a decent enough position for a major. I think Ernie's game is well suited for this course and it surprises me a lot that his best finish here is a tie for 6th but he's got 4 top 10's on his record at this course so he can play it. His game is in decent shape as we saw the two weeks before the Masters when he won back to back. Ernie hits it straight and when his putter works he's a big danger. At double the price he was for the Masters I'll take the South African here. 1pt ew A.Cejka to win Players Championship 250/1 Ladbrokes (1/4 1,2,3,4,5) 12 months ago heading into the final round Alex Cejka looked all over the winner of this tournament but then shot a horrendous 79 on Sunday which dropped him down the field. Obviously he's this price for a reason but sometimes a trip back to somewhere you've played well brings a decent game out of a player and at this price I'm happy to chance that this week with the German. As well as his 9th place last year he's got a T12 on his record as well so he copes nicely with the course and if he can find the game he had in the 1st 3 rounds last year he might just go close again.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - The Players Championship 6 May - 9 May Im also goin to go with Ernie here Kevsaht. @25to 1 paddy powers, Has all the atrubutes to shoot a good score around this course, good ball striker, good GIR ratio, good putter. The gallery around the last three wont faze him and i expect his current form to shine bright. Two wins from nine, top of fed ex and a real threat on Bermuda greens. ticks all the boxes for me.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - The Players Championship 6 May - 9 May

Sport Golf
Event 1st round 3 ball: Woods v Mahan v Poulter
Selection Poulter
Strength 10/10
Date 06/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 3.00 (Back)
Reasoning Don't think Tiger will do well here. Awful last week, not much time to improve and on a course where his record is poor by his standards. Think he could have another very poor week and happy to go against him in the 3 ball. Mahan I'm not sure about, never been a big fan. But I do like Poulter, and I think this is his kind of course. I like the price on him to get the better of the 1st round 3 ball.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - The Players Championship 6 May - 9 May Jonesy, frustratingly that missed 5ft putt on the last hole by Ben Crane seems to be costing us quite a tasty payout as by the looks of it the each way payout will be divided about 5times!!:wall

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - The Players Championship 6 May - 9 May Gutted Crane couldn't stay at -6 and not drop a shot at the last hole, however 2 good each ways come in :ok

1st Round Leader - EW (1/4 ODDS - 1,2,3,4,5,6 places) Ben Crane EW @67.00 StanJames :ok Crane has done well here in the last 2 years coming 5th last year and 6th in 08 and that has largely been down to getting off to a fast start. He has hit 65, 70 & 68 in his last 3 times he has been here in the 1st round and led the field last year after round 1. John Mallinger EW @276.00 StanJames :@ This Guy finished 3rd here last year and hit a very decent 66 for his 1st round. Although he's been quite awful this year if he can rekindle the spark which got him into contention last year then these odds really are ridiculous considering most other bookmakers go 150/1. Lee Westwood EW @34.00 Paddypower :ok One thing with Westwood is that he is always a fast starter and yet when it comes to the business end he is always found wanting. I hope one day soon Westwood wins a decent tournament in the USA because his talents deserve it. :ok

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - The Players Championship 6 May - 9 May Leader After Round 2 Ryuji Imada EW @26.00 Paddypower (1/4 odds 1,2,3,4) Imada played some wonderful golf yesterday (-5) and has an advantage of being one of the 1st today to tee off because the later the tee times the harder it will be with the heat and moisture evaporating from the greens. I'll try some mythical 2 balls later :ok

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - The Players Championship 6 May - 9 May Hi guys, Sorry don't have much time for a proper write up as I am heading out on the course in a bit myself....however one bet for today.. Tiger Woods & Lee Westwood double to win their 3-balls @ 4.12(Will Hill) This bet I took yesterday and I am happy to take it again. Yesterday's bet was based ona hunch, today's is based on what I seen from each group yesterday. Tiger, whilst not playing too his full potential put in a solid display with only one bogey on the last, I fancy him to build on that performance again today. Lee, played solid golf and he would have hit a better score had he not found the water late on in his round, fancy him to beat Fowler and the other lad again to bring in a nice win :hope:hope Goodluck everyone :ok:ok

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - The Players Championship 6 May - 9 May 2nd round 3 balls Henrik Stenson Win @2.75 **** (v Furyk & Bohn) Stenson as previously advised always plays well here and if he's to get into contention for the weekend then he'll have to put up a decent score here. Furyk is from around these parts and will know the course well but he's not played as well as Stenson has in the last few tournaments here. Although this bet also involves Bohn I rather feel todays tougher greens will be too much for him and it's really a match up between Stenson & Furyk and I would go with the better priced Stenson here to prevail. Ben Crane Win @2.68 **** (v Casey & Kuchar) Crane is also a Guy who has done well at this tournament in the last 2 years and put in a decent round yesterday almost taking a share of the lead but for a bogey at the last. Casey had a pretty horrid round considering the scoring yesterday and he's not done as well as Crane has here. The other candidate for this bet Kuchar also played well yesterday and lies 1 shot behind Crane, however he has been here before also and not played as well in this tournament as Crane. With Crane's obvious knowledge of this place and decent form here previously in the last 2 years he represents a decent priced bet. :ok

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - The Players Championship 6 May - 9 May Imada hits -6 for his round - -11 under for the tournament and just fails to get the outright lead. But a decent each way shot comes in!!! :clap

Leader After Round 2 Ryuji Imada EW @26.00 Paddypower (1/4 odds 1,2,3,4) :cow Imada played some wonderful golf yesterday (-5) and has an advantage of being one of the 1st today to tee off because the later the tee times the harder it will be with the heat and moisture evaporating from the greens. I'll try some mythical 2 balls later :ok

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - The Players Championship 6 May - 9 May Stenson has a bad round but just fails by 1 stroke from Furyk! Crane wins his 3 ball comfortably by 2 strokes. :clap

2nd round 3 balls Henrik Stenson Win @2.75 **** (v Furyk & Bohn) :@ Stenson as previously advised always plays well here and if he's to get into contention for the weekend then he'll have to put up a decent score here. Furyk is from around these parts and will know the course well but he's not played as well as Stenson has in the last few tournaments here. Although this bet also involves Bohn I rather feel todays tougher greens will be too much for him and it's really a match up between Stenson & Furyk and I would go with the better priced Stenson here to prevail. Ben Crane Win @2.68 **** (v Casey & Kuchar) :cow Crane is also a Guy who has done well at this tournament in the last 2 years and put in a decent round yesterday almost taking a share of the lead but for a bogey at the last. Casey had a pretty horrid round considering the scoring yesterday and he's not done as well as Crane has here. The other candidate for this bet Kuchar also played well yesterday and lies 1 shot behind Crane, however he has been here before also and not played as well in this tournament as Crane. With Crane's obvious knowledge of this place and decent form here previously in the last 2 years he represents a decent priced bet. :ok

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - The Players Championship 6 May - 9 May

Sport Golf
Event Players Championship
Selection Lucas Glover E/W (1/5, 1-4) (Each-Way)
Strength 2/10
Date 09/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Skybet @ 23.00 (Back)
Reasoning Glover has a good chance this weekend. He's a quality perfromer and can win the big events. He's 3 behind and only made 1 bogey in 36 holes. He's putting really well (T6 putts per round) and is the type of guy to put in a strong weekend. Think he'll be close on Sunday.
Sport Golf
Event Players Championship
Selection Bill Haas E/W (1/5, 1-4) (Each-Way)
Strength 2/10
Date 09/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Skybet @ 71.00 (Back)
Reasoning I think Bill Haas has a chance this weekend at a big price. He's a 5 back but I look at the guys at the top and can't see any of them running away with it. Haas is driving great this week (7th in distance) and hitting a lot of greens (T2 GIR). He's just needs a few putts to drop and he'll be right in there. He's already won this year at the Bob Hope and I think he can be in the mix on Sunday.