Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - BMW Championship 8-12 Sep

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - The Players Championship 6 May - 9 May 13/8 for Lee Westwood with 2 rounds to go and he has a 1 stroke lead is ridiculous! However much I like Westwood that price is terrible considering he's been in this type of position some many times before and bottled it! Outright: Ryugi Imada EW @14.00 Skybet (1/5 - 4 places) I am really impressed with Imada here he has been playing some wonderful golf and sits one off the lead. He has made 1 bogey in his 2 rounds and went bogey free in his 2nd round carding -6 for the round. I think he has a huge chance to win his 1st tourny in 2 years here. :ok

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - The Players Championship 6 May - 9 May Don't think anybody had Tim Clark down to win! Westwood capitulates in his final round again! he's fast earning the tag of "nearly man". Woods retires. Mickelson does wonders in his 3rd round and just when you think he's going to have a say in the final round he folds tamely. Overall I had quite a profitable outcome and Davis Love getting placed at 150/1 for me and making the top 10 at 14/1 increases the profits! :nana

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Quail Hollow Championship 29 Apr-2 May

David Love EW @151.00 Stan James (1/4 0dds - 1,2,3,4,5,6 places) Love has been playing well this year with a 5th place at The Sony and 14th place at The Arnold Palmer and was right in place for great finish last weekend when he rather imploded with a 76 in his final round in The Quail Hollow and finished 17th. Love has form here also having won it twice before in 92 & 03 and has a host of decent place finishes - 8th in 05, 10th in 99 and 6th in 95 & 94. Top 10 Finish: David Love Win @15.00 Stan James As stated above Love has been playing well this year and has a great record here.
Shame I missed this!! Thats top work Jonesy!! :clap

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - The Players Championship 6 May - 9 May Valero Texas Open

Thursday May 13 – Sunday May 16, 2010 -

TPC San Antonio (Oaks Course) · San Antonio, Texas tourn_logo.gif The TOUR heads to San Antonio,Texas, for the Valero Texas Open at a new course. Learn more about this week's host, TPC San Antonio. Steve Hanlon, head instructor at TPC San Antonio, analyzes this week's course. This week the PGA TOUR heads west to TPC San Antonio, my home course and the new venue for the Valero Texas Open. This is one of the oldest events on TOUR, dating back to 1922 when it was simply called the Texas Open. In 2002, the Valero Energy Corporation took over the naming rights to this event and has helped make it what it is today. Since the inception of this storied event, which includes past champions like Sam Snead, Ben Hogan and Arnold Palmer (who won this event 3 years in a row), they have always played in the great city of San Antonio. With a few last minute big name additions (Ernie Els and Vijay Singh) to the field, this year's Valero Texas Open is shaping up to be a great one. The AT&T Oaks Course opened its doors in February of this year and is sure to be a great test for the best players in the world. This Greg Norman design features a layout of over 7,400 yards, tree-lined fairways, enormous bunkers and big rolling greens that will certainly be a challenge. The course is in fantastic condition and features four different types of grasses adding to the ultimate playability and depth. With the shortest par 5 playing 567 yards and the par 3s in excess of 200 yards, players will be challenged this week with some lengthy holes. In fact, if they decide to set the course up at its fullest potential and allow it to show its teeth, players could be in for a real treat. And we all know if those Texas winds are a blowing, then it could get really fun. My first key for this week's players -- drive it straight. Obviously that's important every week, but once you see this course on television you will get a feel for what I mean. With lined fairways with massive bunkers, tall native grasses and limestone walls, driving accuracy is a must. In addition to straight drives, I also feel hitting the green in regulation is a real key this week. With this golf course there are a lot of run offs and unique chipping areas that can present problems should you miss the green on the wrong side. Look for this week's winner to not be the longest in the field but to be among the leaders in fairways hit and greens in regulation. Fast facts

Director of Course Operations Thomas R. Lively
Original architect Pete Dye and Greg Norman (2009)
Par value 72
Number of TOUR events as host venue Debut event
Course ranking n/a
Yardage history 7,522 (present)
Grass Bermudagrass (tees, fairways, rough, greens)
Tournament Stimpmeter 10.5 ft
Sand bunkers 58
Water hazards 3
Tournament course history
Course Location Years
TPC San Antonio San Antonio, Texas 2010
LaCantera Golf Club San Antonio, Texas 1995-2009
Oak Hills Country Club San Antonio, Texas 1977-'94, '61-'66
Woodlake Golf Club San Antonio, Texas 1972-'76
Pecan Valley Country Club San Antonio, Texas 1967-'70
Fort Sam Houston Golf Club San Antonio, Texas 1960, '56, '51*
Brackenridge Park Golf Club San Antonio, Texas 1957-'59, '52-'55, '50-'51*, '29-'40, '22-'26
Willow Springs Golf Club San Antonio, Texas 1941-'49, '27-'28
*In 1951, the Texas Open was played over two courses Past Winners
Valero Texas Open
Year Winner Score Runner up Score
2002 Loren Roberts 261 Fred Couples 264
2002 Fred Funk 264
2002 Garrett Willis 264
2003 Tommy Armour III 254 Loren Roberts 261
2003 Bob Tway 261
2004 Bart Bryant 261 Patrick Sheehan 264
2005 Robert Gamez 262 Olin Browne 265
2006 Eric Axley 265 Anthony Kim 268
2006 Dean Wilson 268
2006 Justin Rose 268
2007 Justin Leonard 261 Jesper Parnevik 261
2008 Zach Johnson 261 Charlie Wi 263
2008 Tim Wilkinson 263
2009 Zach Johnson (playoff) 265 James Driscoll 265
(Source: PGATour.com) What we have this week is a new course and new obstacles. The course itself is a bit of a monster so long straight driving is a necessity along with very good skills in wind play due to anticipated weather conditions. Zach Johnson has been the man for the event in recent times having won it for the last 2 years running. However Johnson has not really set the world alight in recent times and he'll have a different course here to contend with so the forecast prices of around 16/1 2nd favourite does not make me think he is any value here. Ernie Els is the 10/1 favourite and has won 2 tournys this year however after missing the cut in last weeks Players and coming a rather disappointing 18th at The Masters when he was strongly fancied again does not strike me as value. Predictions: Bo Van Pelt EW @23.00 Paddypower (1/4 odds - 1,2,3,4,5) Van Pelt comes here after 3 Top 5 places in a row - his most recent being 4th at The Players. He is a very good player in changing wind conditions and is 24th in driving distance, some stats that will bode him well here. John Rollins EW @36.00 Bet365 (1/4 odds - 1,2,3,4,5) Rollins has been playing well recently - 13th at The Players, 21st in The Zurich & 25th in The Shell Houston. He ranks 6th in total driving and again is a very good wind player.

Matt Jones EW @61.00 Paddypower (1/4 odds - 1,2,3,4,5) Jones has been playing superb recently with a 7th at The Quail Hollow and a 10th in The Zurich. This Young Aussie looks to be starting to blossom on The Tour and he is also a very good wind player. Fredrik Jacobsen EW @36.00 Bet365 (1/4 odds - 1,2,3,4,5) Joacobsen has played very well this year having 5 top 25 finishes in 10 starts and did very well at The Players coming 10th. He looks to be coming here in form after finishing under par for every round at The Players. I hope to get back with some 3 balls bets and a couple of 1st round leader bets :ok

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - The Players Championship 6 May - 9 May Just thought I'd add to the list Jonesy - keep up the good work! Either way, always appreciate other people's insight on the golf :ok So on to this week. It's a difficult one as mentioned with no course form but from what I've read/heard, it's one for good drivers of the ball who can control their long irons (it's over 7500 yards) and possibly have a good record in Melbourne as apparently Norman has made it feel like home! Charley Hoffman First Round Leader @ 46 ew BoyleSports Hoffman apparently injured himself wrestling earlier in the year (idiot!) which may explain the 4 missed cuts in his first 6 tournaments, however, his recent form is encouraging with made cuts in a row; however, his last two results have been marred with finishing rounds of 78 and 77 - he was lying just 3 shots off the lead last week after 3 rounds. Adding to this, despite his up and down form this season, he has finished the first round in the top 11 four times in nine tournaments - not a bad showing. Seeing as at the moment he is starting fast and finishing poorly I'll keep this to a First Round Leader bet only. I feel the course will suit as well, he hits the ball a long way and has previously thrived in Texas with a few top 10s to show. Additionally, he is a decent long iron player (3rd for GIR 150-175 yards, 32nd for 175-200 yards and top 80 for 200+ yards). On a new course I like his chances of a fast start. Bobby Gates First Round Leader @ 111 ew Bet365 Bobby Gates looks like a bit of a strange bet at first, however, he is currently lying first in the Nationwide Tour money list so is clearly playing some decent golf. He started off the season brilliantly down under with a win in NZ and a 3rd place in OZ so hopefully the feel of Melbourne will work for him. He actually went to College in Texas so should be used to the conditions and surroundings here. His form is getting back on track with 26-20-7 in his last 3 tournaments but more importantly, in 8 tournaments he has 3 first rounds in 66 or better (two 65s and a 66) so can start fast, especially in comfortable surroundings in an even playing field! He is 5th in Total Driving on the Nationwide Tour this year and 10th for All Around Ranking as well as 9th in Birdie Conversion so fingers crossed he can go low for the first round. While I have him for 1st round leader, the way he won (finishing with a 74) and his weekend when leading last weekend (71-73) as well as the step up in class put me off an outright bet. Graham DeLaet @ 76 ew Bet365 Last time we were in Texas at a long course I picked out DeLaet at 300s and he duly obliged bringing in an each way payout as big as his price this week - however, I'm going to stick with him. His form isnt as good at the moment having made a cut finishing 64th and missed the cut in New Orleans (where he did make plenty of birdies on the plus side!), however, I feel a return to Texas may spark him in to life. He is one of the biggest drivers on tour and has some of the best long iron player also hitting 50% of greens from 200yards + (30th on tour) and over 60% from 175-200 yards (17th best on tour). I was impressed with how he stayed with the leaders in Houston so feel if he gets in touch he wont bottle it! Troy Matteson @ 81 ew BetFred I feel this is a generous price. This is a guy who has turned 30 in the last 6 months and already has 2 PGA Tour wins and 2 Nationwide Tour Wins - could he ask for much more considering he is completely unheralded? He actually won his last tournament at the end of last year so it wasnt really that long ago, however, it's his play from the PLAYERS last week which impresses me. On a course where he has 2 MCs and a 73rd, he hit 4 rounds under par finishing 17th for his best finish of the year. Additionally, he is one of the biggest hitters on tour but improved his driving accuracy every day last week; he hit top 20 for greens and 23rd for putting (improving every day on the greens) so I feel pretty good about him! He is also 3rd for GIR and GIR from 200+ yards so should hopefully suit the course. GL:hope

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - The Players Championship 6 May - 9 May Fair play jonesy, on fire at the minute, have hit a wall myself with the last 4 picks missing the cut but have to turn it around at some stage! Have a few picks in mind bu will post them up later when i check the odds.:ok

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - The Players Championship 6 May - 9 May MATT JONES 50/1 PADDY POWER E/W This young aussie is a maiden on the pga tour, has came close a few times, has made hes last 3 cuts including a 10th 3 weeks ago & a 7th against a world class field at Quail Hollow, i'd rather go for someone in form unlike Els & the struggling Z Johnson who hasnt posted a top 10 all year. JJ HENRY 50/1 PADDY POWER E/W JJ Henry was up there for a long way at Quail Hollow two weeks ago paired with lefty on final day finishing 7th, also made cut last week at the Players so he aint low on connfidence. Seems to be getting back to the form which made him play in 2006 ryder cup

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - The Players Championship 6 May - 9 May Texas Valero Open - Leader After Round 1 Bo Van Pelt EW @29.00 Stan James (1/4 odds - 1,2,3,4,5) As previously stated Van Pelt has been doing well recently and comes here after 3 Top 5 places in a row. His last 3 tournys he has produced a 65, 67 & 68 in his 1st rounds which has hugely helped his finishing position. Paul Goydos EW @61.00 Sky Bet (1/4 odds - 1,2,3,4,5) Goydos is invariably a fast starter and in his last 2 tournys he produced a 68 & 69 in his 1st round. He finished 3rd in this tourny last year and he always seems to start off fast in his 1st round previous tournys here (although on a different course) - 63 in 09, 66 in 08, 69 in 06, 65 in 03, and 68 in 02. JB Holmes EW @41.00 Stan James (1/4 odds - 1,2,3,4,5) Holmes is always one of the longest drivers on the tour standing currently 6th on driving distance 297.5 yds. In 11 tournys this year he has hit 68, 65, 69, 69, 68, 66, 66 for his 1st rounds - that's 7 out of 11 sub 70 1st round scores! JJ Henry EW @56.00 Sky Bet (1/4 odds - 1,2,3,4,5) Henry is another fast starter and has produced 3 x 68 in his 1st round score out of his last 4 tournys. He hit a 1st round 66 in this last tourny year although that was on a different course. He has the ability to score low as shown last year in the Mayakoba where he hit 4 sub 70 rounds in finishing 2nd and also in last years John Deere where again he hit 4 sub 70 rounds. :ok

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - The Players Championship 6 May - 9 May Three picks this week, Matt Jones 50/1 e/w PP Has had a tremendous debut season so far, with Tim Clark winning him first tournament last week no better man to follow it up with his own first. He is gona be a top plyer in thefuture so hopefully he'll pull it out if the bag this week. Stroud 50 e/wPP Has had a solid season so far and t10 at the players, he is a local San Antonian and finished T6 in this tournament in 2008.He can handle windy conditions and has been very consistant over the last month with strong finishes in each of his last few tournaments. Sergio Garcia 33to 1 e/w pp Is as everyone knows a class ball striker which is essntial in Texas, was the playing consultant on this course for Greg Norman when it was being built, so for a top player who knows the inside info and the local breaks on this new course im really surprised he's such a big price.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Texas Valero Open 13 May - 16 May Greg Owen Winner (E/W 1-2-3-4-5) @ 151 Sportingbet 1st Round Leader (E/W 1-2-3-4-5) @ 101 Paddy Power After a horrid start to the year this man's season is turning around. He came T16th three tournaments back after an opening 67 and the tournament before he opened with a 66 before a terrible weekend put him right back. In a field considerably weaker than those in recent tournaments I think he can be right up there if he can get his weekend game on song. Sergio Garcia Winner (E/W 1-2-3-4-5) @ 34 Sportingbet 1st Round Leader @ 48 Betfair As has already been alluded to, Sergio helped design this course. He should have greater knowledge of the course and this advantage may be at it's peak during the first round, so these odds are fantastic value IMO. Have taken him for the win too (E/W) as again these odds are quite strong for a man who is hopefully hitting some form.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Texas Valero Open 13 May - 16 May

Charley Hoffman First Round Leader @ 46 ew BoyleSports Hoffman apparently injured himself wrestling earlier in the year (idiot!) which may explain the 4 missed cuts in his first 6 tournaments, however, his recent form is encouraging with made cuts in a row; however, his last two results have been marred with finishing rounds of 78 and 77 - he was lying just 3 shots off the lead last week after 3 rounds. Adding to this, despite his up and down form this season, he has finished the first round in the top 11 four times in nine tournaments - not a bad showing. Seeing as at the moment he is starting fast and finishing poorly I'll keep this to a First Round Leader bet only. I feel the course will suit as well, he hits the ball a long way and has previously thrived in Texas with a few top 10s to show. Additionally, he is a decent long iron player (3rd for GIR 150-175 yards, 32nd for 175-200 yards and top 80 for 200+ yards). On a new course I like his chances of a fast start. GL:hope
Texas Valero Open - Leader After Round 1 JB Holmes EW @41.00 Stan James (1/4 odds - 1,2,3,4,5) Holmes is always one of the longest drivers on the tour standing currently 6th on driving distance 297.5 yds. In 11 tournys this year he has hit 68, 65, 69, 69, 68, 66, 66 for his 1st rounds - that's 7 out of 11 sub 70 1st round scores! :ok
Both finished in T3 so :ok Amazingly, Gates finished at even having missed 3 putts from inside 10 feet and 5 more from inside 20ft (he didnt get one putt from between 8-20ft!) - basically, if he gets his putter going he could do some damage here even if its not this year. Good to see a bunch of people have Matt Jones who is leading. :hope for all those that have him

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Texas Valero Open 13 May - 16 May The 2nd round is going to be affected by weather with thunderstorms expected! I won't touch any 2nd round bets because I have judged my outrights on the fact this was going to happen. JB Holmes gets me a nice place for 1st round leader!:ok Matt Jones I'm disppointed that I did't do a 1st round leader bet along with my outright on him! :wall Bo Van Pelt disappointed in his 1st round - he was -3 going to the turn and then had a nightmare last 9. He's still in contention on level par because this weather will hurt others more than it does his game. Well done Hornet with your place bet for 1st round leader on Charley Hoffman :ok A few of us with Matt Jones for outright are now sitting pretty :D

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Texas Valero Open 13 May - 16 May as I expected... FRIDAY DELAY: The start of the second round of the Valero Texas Open has been delayed five hours due to an unsettled weather picture that includes heavy rain, abundant lightning and a tornado warning. The current start time for the second round is 12:10 p.m. CT (1:10 p.m. ET). Showers and thunderstoms are possible throughout the afternoon, although the probability of precipitation decreases from 70 percent this morning to 50 percent by 4 p.m. Southeast winds are forecast at 15-25 mph, as well. The outlook for Saturday, Sunday and Monday is much better with a 30 percent chance of showers on the weekend and 20 percent on Monday. Highs will be in the upper 80s. (source: PGATour.com)

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Texas Valero Open 13 May - 16 May

Amazingly, Gates finished at even having missed 3 putts from inside 10 feet and 5 more from inside 20ft (he didnt get one putt from between 8-20ft!) - basically, if he gets his putter going he could do some damage here even if its not this year.
Just thought I'd note that he hit a 77 in the second round BUT contrived to miss 5 putts from inside 9ft and a further 2 from inside 18ft. Holed only two putts from more than 2ft!! Clearly the guy needs to get used to these greens:\

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Texas Valero Open 13 May - 16 May Jacobson almost did the business finishing 2nd 1 shot behind the winner! But he pays out each way! :ok Matt Jones & Bo Van Pelt both looked like they would get involved at various stages but could not carry it through! Rollins missed the cut! All in all a small profit for the tourny with a 2nd place outright and place for 1st round leader! :ok Onto The Byron Nelson this week! Predictions: Bo Van Pelt EW @23.00 PaddyPower (1/4 odds - 1,2,3,4,5) :@ Van Pelt comes here after 3 Top 5 places in a row - his most recent being 4th at The Players. He is a very good player in changing wind conditions and is 24th in driving distance, some stats that will bode him well here. John Rollins EW @36.00 Bet365 (1/4 odds - 1,2,3,4,5) :@ Rollins has been playing well recently - 13th at The Players, 21st in The Zurich & 25th in The Shell Houston. He ranks 6th in total driving and again is a very good wind player. Matt Jones EW @61.00 PaddyPower (1/4 odds - 1,2,3,4,5) :@ Jones has been playing superb recently with a 7th at The Quail Hollow and a 10th in The Zurich. This Young Aussie looks to be starting to blossom on The Tour and he is also a very good wind player. Fredrik Jacobsen EW @36.00 Bet365 (1/4 odds - 1,2,3,4,5) :ok Joacobsen has played very well this year having 5 top 25 finishes in 10 starts and did very well at The Players coming 10th. He looks to be coming here in form after finishing under par for every round at The Players.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Texas Valero Open 13 May - 16 May For the moment I'm just taking 5 First Round Leader bets...sadly couldnt get the odds off StanJames who are offering the best prices as they didnt like me battering them on Murphy last week so were limiting me to 43p e/w!!:rollin As mentioned by Jonesy above, the course was redesigned for the 2008 tournament so I'm looking at more recent form as important. Dustin Johnson @ 31 ew BetFred Johnson has a habit of starting quickly. He has ended round 1 in the top 5 four times already this season including twice at the head of the leaderboard. His form has gone a bit off the boil but has started to pick back up recently with three solid cuts made. He clearly likes this course with a 68 his first round here in 2008 leaving him tied for 4th after that first round. Last year he hit another 68 to lie in 19th after one round and he actually finished 4th for the tournament. As a known fast starter on a course he clearly feels comfortable on, I'm happy to make him my main bet. Brett Wetterich @ 67 ew SkyBet Wetterich loves this place, and while his form generally comes from before the renovation I'm willing to give him a go after his performance last week where he was tied for the lead after two rounds, and 7th after the first round, showing he's coming back in to form. He has played this tournament 5 times, including a win in 2006 and another top 10 in 2007 - however, his first round performance is incredible; 67-64-66-66-72 in his five first rounds here; these left him in 22-2-3-2-58. Yes, his 72 (58th) did come after the changes, however, this was during his injury hit 2008 season with the injury that kept him out all of last year and at a course he has thrived on in the past as he's just hitting form, I'm willing to give him a go at a decent price considering in 5 tries he has hit the ew places 3 times! Further motivation should come as he is on a temporary tour card due to injury, he needs some big finishes and will be relying on this week to hit the jackpot so a fast start wouldnt go amiss. Would have liked the 80s at SJ but as mentioned, they were quite harsh on their limits for me this week!! Matt Weibring @ 151 ew SkyBet This is a big price. Weibring was actually playing well before imploding with a 81 in the final round to drop him from 8th to 53rd, however, I'm willing to give him another go considering he was lying 3rd in that tournament after the first round and in his only attempt here last year, while he only finished 52nd, he actually had a similar tournament to that of last week as he hit a first round 67 to lie 7th in the first round last year so hopefully he can bring some of his first 3 round play to a course where he played solid golf last year and have another quick start at tasty odds. Ken Duke @ 101 ew SkyBet A couple of years ago, Ken Duke was starting PGA Tournaments at 33s; however, after a number of runner ups, he failed to deliver and has dropped back in to the nationwide tour which may be a good step for him. He has played 9 tournaments this year (7 Nationwide, 2 PGA) with only one first round over par, and two rounds at 66 and 65; with the 66 coming in the first round last week when played solid golf at the BMW Pro-Am. He comes back here to a tournament where he has a solid first round record. Rounds of 70-68-70-65 have left him in 70th-9th-25th-1st with the 1st coming last year showing that he has got the hang of the new layout on the course. Im happy to take him at a triple figure price considering he may thrive being back taking on the bigger boys in a pretty weak field! James Nitties @ 91 ew WillHill Nitties has begun to start faster recently with his last 5 first rounds leaving him inside the top 45 every time - culminating in last weeks 11th after the first round. He ended up playing a solid four rounds on a course he didnt know to finish 17th which he will be satisfied with (although he also had a share of the halfway lead). Hopefully this will spur him on, as last year he was sharing the lead with Ken Duke having hit an opening 65 on his first ever start here. He followed this up with 68-68-69 to show that it wasnt a one off and coming off a very solid week in San Antonio, last years first round leader could do it all over again at nice odds. Having played 14 events this year, he has missed 10 cuts but made 3 top 25s so it's feast or famine with this boy but hopefully another fast start is on the cards. GL:hope

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Texas Valero Open 13 May - 16 May Good to see some fellow golf punters i thought i would add my thoughts and tips to this thread. Byron picks. Dustin Johnson 27-1 : Clearly top pick for me already a winner this year at pebble beach for the second time and coming off 2 solid performances at the masters and quail hollow. Finished t4 here last year and i expect him to be in the mix on the final day. Carl Petterson 85-1 : Missed the cut last year here but had 3 top 25s from 2006-2008 and it's important to note that last year leading into the byron nelson he had missed 7 cuts in a row and had zero confidence. Whilst not setting the world on fire this year a top ten at the transitions and a solid t22 at the valero means he will go into this years tournament with a lot more confidence. Bryce Molder 95-1 : Don't let the 3 missed cuts in a row put you off played quite well at the players and has had 4 top 10s this season already has played here twice for 2 top 25s including a t23 last year where he had missed 2 cuts leading into it. John Rollins 75-1 : Was cut last week but has had a very solid season with 6 top 25s and a t27 , hasn't set the world on fire at this tournament with 3 top 25s from 8 try's but i think he's overs at the 75-1 and can't be ignored. Betting Strategy : Will be looking to trade on all players given the right circumstances and will be betting top 5s and top 10s on petterson , molder and rollins. Good Luck.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Texas Valero Open 13 May - 16 May Hi Deadly Statistics & :welcometo PL Forum. It's great to get new blood into the forum however we like to keep the forum as interesting and insightful as possible and that means being as informative as possible with any picks. Could you please provide the information on who the bookmakers for your selections are? The reason I ask is that some folks may agree with your analysis and may wish to put a bet on at the prices you have posted. If it is with the likes of Betfair if you could please provide the market if it is a place only price or win only price because they do not offer each way betting. Thanks and Good Luck with your selections :ok

Good to see some fellow golf punters i thought i would add my thoughts and tips to this thread. Byron picks. Dustin Johnson 27-1 : Clearly top pick for me already a winner this year at pebble beach for the second time and coming off 2 solid performances at the masters and quail hollow. Finished t4 here last year and i expect him to be in the mix on the final day. Carl Petterson 85-1 : Missed the cut last year here but had 3 top 25s from 2006-2008 and it's important to note that last year leading into the byron nelson he had missed 7 cuts in a row and had zero confidence. Whilst not setting the world on fire this year a top ten at the transitions and a solid t22 at the valero means he will go into this years tournament with a lot more confidence. Bryce Molder 95-1 : Don't let the 3 missed cuts in a row put you off played quite well at the players and has had 4 top 10s this season already has played here twice for 2 top 25s including a t23 last year where he had missed 2 cuts leading into it. John Rollins 75-1 : Was cut last week but has had a very solid season with 6 top 25s and a t27 , hasn't set the world on fire at this tournament with 3 top 25s from 8 try's but i think he's overs at the 75-1 and can't be ignored. Betting Strategy : Will be looking to trade on all players given the right circumstances and will be betting top 5s and top 10s on petterson , molder and rollins. Good Luck.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Texas Valero Open 13 May - 16 May Jonesy, would you say that only 08 and 09 results would count towards true course form? My read is that prior the course was majorly revamped in 07/08, and also prior to the changes, that both courses at the resort were used? PS - I did see in your write up that it's been changed a bit, just trying to gauge just how much.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Texas Valero Open 13 May - 16 May 1st Round Leader Predictions - (1/4 odds 1,2,3,4,5 places) YE Yang EW @41.00 Betfred Has played here for the last 2 years posting a 70 in his 1st round in 08 & a 69 last year in his 1st round. Kenny Perry EW @46.00 William Hill Is a notoriously fast starter in tournaments and you tend to know your fate more or less after the 1st round if he's to be competitive in a tourny. His last 2 tournys he has scored 66 for his 1 st round at The Quail Hollow and a 67 at The Players. Spencer Levin EW @67.00 William Hill Comes here off a very good showing at the Valero where he finished 9th. He's made 5 top 25 places in the 13 tournys he's competed in this year. He opened with a 67 in this event last year. Kevin Sutherland EW @71.00 William Hill Finished 7th here in 08 and missed the cut last year, however he has hit a 68 in both his opening rounds here in the last 2 years. Brett Wetterich EW @67.00 Bet365 Brett missed all of 2009 and has generally progressed through 4 events this year - missing the cut in his 1st 2 events then coming 55th in The Shell Houston & 13th in last weeks Valero Texas Open. He seems to like this event winning in 06, coming 10th in 07 & 18th in 05. He hit a 66 for his 1st round in this event in 07 & in 06 and a 64 in 05. Scott McCarron EW @101.00 William Hill Seems to like this place after finishing 4th here last year and 13th in 08. He hit a 66 last year for his 1st round and a 70 in 08. James Driscoll EW @111.00 Stan James Comes here after a very encouraging 9th place finish at The Valero Texas Open. Comparisons can made from last year that he ought to have a decent showing here after finishing 2nd in The Valero and then finishing 9th here, hopefully it can be 2nd here after coming from a 9th place finish at The Valero. He opened with a 67 in his 1st round here last year. I'm having a right old go at this tourny because there appears to be more value in a field that go 20's bar and some of the bookmakers have really different prices to each other! I hope to give some analysis and picks on a few 3 balls for the 1st round. :ok

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Texas Valero Open 13 May - 16 May Just adding another couple of outrights each way! Outright - 1/4 odds 1,2,3,4,5 places Scott McCarron EW @126.00 >William Hill Seems to like this place after finishing 4th here last year and 13th in 08. He hit a 66 last year for his 1st round and a 70 in 08. James Driscoll EW @136.00 Stan James Comes here after a very encouraging 9th place finish at The Valero Texas Open. Comparisons can made from last year that he ought to have a decent showing here after finishing 2nd in The Valero and then finishing 9th here, hopefully it can be 2nd here after coming from a 9th place finish at The Valero or even winning it at tasy odds. He opened with a 67 in his 1st round here last year. :ok

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Texas Valero Open 13 May - 16 May Just one outright in America at the moment but not on the PGA Tour - on the Nationwide Tour. I actually had to call up StanJames for this bet and have made the market swing with the massive £3ew they would allow me from 226 to 101!! Scott Gardiner @ 226 (now 101) ew StanJames This is a very speculative play as he has missed 7 cuts out of 9 this year, including his last 5 (hence the price!!) but his play last week wasnt bad. He hit over 80% of greens, and despite hitting a triple and double bogey in the first round, only just missed the cut. After 17holes on the 3rd round, he was actually 6under and needed a birdie to make the cut and made bogey - without those two poor holes he would have been in the top 30 after 3 rounds! So there you go, it looks worse than he played! What attracts me more at these odds, however, is his play here last year. Yes he only came T14 but it was the manner in which he did that I like - his 4 rounds were 70-63-76-64. Take out that 76 and it looks very tasty indeed, possibly getting in contention left him feeling a bit nervous, but hopefully from that experience a few times last season he'll be able to hit a few more 63s and 64s rather than 76s!! GL:hope

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Byron Nelson Classic 20 May - 23 May Dustin Johnson @ 26 ew Coral I put a case for him as 1st round leader but I do think he'll be there or there abouts this year. Tends to play well at the same courses each year (e.g. Pebble Beach, Northern Trust Open) and having made the cut in his first visit here and finished 4th last year, I feel he has good credentials here. Has played solid if unspectacular recently but in far far stronger fields than here. If he gets off to a strong start as I suspect I feel he'll be very hard to beat on a course he has gone low on before. GL:hope

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Byron Nelson Classic 20 May - 23 May Good input lads :ok Had a little delve into this tonight, looking at the course from the pro's view it isnt a difficult course to putt on, pretty much flat greens. And with the new land layout it is easier to hit fairways ( part of the $10M redevelopment after asking the top golfers their thoughts on the course ) with this in mind, my tuppence-worth is that being a top putter and accurate driver isnt the priority here, but length of drive and G.I.R are more critical due to the fact they have made it easier from the Tee. Had a quick look into the players stats on tour and D.J Traham appears 9th in distance stats and an impressive 2nd in G.I.R, both of which should be critical, D.J is a desperate putter, baring in mind some of the treacherous putting greens throughout the seaon, but this course should provide a bit of a leveller for him. Also, albeit a big-hitter from the tee there is a degree of forgiveness in the new layout so the tee to green players should be ok. With a pretty weak field, no Woods, Michelson, Kim, Harrington, all the English players............ there is an opportunity for one of the players on the periphery to grab this IMO. Sabbatini as defending champion should be there or there abouts ( 36/1 boylesports ) but my bet here is £5 D.J Traham @ 80/1 e/w - 1/4 odds top 5 with sportingbet. Also stuck a wee fiver on the nose just incase ! best of luck to all :hope