Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - BMW Championship 8-12 Sep

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Greenbrier Classic 29th July-1st Aug Two tournaments this week; the WGC Bridgestone Invitational and the Turningstone Championship. I'll be looking at the Turningstone Championship now and come back later with a few things for the WGC. Vaughn Taylor @ 21 ew PP One of the top money earner in the field this year, and the stats back up that he's playing well - 31st in GIR, 40th Total Driving, 26th Birdie Average, 48th in Birdie Conversion, and 27th for Ball Striking. OK, so in a weak field his stats are clearly pretty good. His recent form is also very good having made his last 7 cuts including 3 top 11s in his last 4 tournaments. He likes this tournament as well have lost in a playoff last year, 15th the year before and 18th in 2007 - if the progression continues he'll have it in the bag! Additionally, he is a guy who clearly likes playing the same tournaments each year as shown when he defended his Reno-Tahoe Open crown a few years back. I feel in this weak field he should be getting back in the winners enclosure. Charles Howell III @ 26 ew Bet365 Charles Howell has always been seen as a quality young player, but he's not quite living up to the billing this season. He started the season well with 3top 10s in his first 6 tournies; however, until last week he hadnt finished in the top 10 since. What I did like about his performance last week was the fact that he finished 14under par but also went bogey free for all four rounds hitting 66/74 greens in regulation. He is clearly striking the ball well and looking at the stats, his putting has improved a lot so he should be there or thereabouts in this birdiefest. He has only played here twice but a top 20 last year and a T3 in 2008 bode well for another shot at a W. Nicholas Thompson @ 151 ew BoyleSports Soon, Nicholas Thompson will be known as Lexi Thompsons older bro and he definitely wont want that. In 2008 he won nearly $2m with 6 top 10s - it was a case of if, not when, he would win on the PGA Tour having played so well. Last year, however, he lost his card and this year hasnt fared quite so well. I feel the success of his sister, however, could be the making of him. He showed some form last week with a first 3 rounds of 70-68-64 and is coming back to a course he likes - a 6th place finish when the course was used in 2006 and lying 6th after 3 rounds last year. Feel the odds are a little on the generous side but dont expect it as a guaranteed winner by any stretch of the imagination! In this glorified Nationwide tournament he could definitely have a shot at breaking his duck. Scott Piercy Top 20 @ 3.4 ExtraBet Last year Piercy should've really won this but as he has proven time and time again, he cant be trusted in the heat of the moment - I remember I had him in the JT Shriners tourney last year when I think he was 3 shots clear going in to the 4th round and finished outside the top 10 - hence the top 20 bet!! He has played pretty poorly all year (141st in the money list) but has shown some form over the past 3 tournaments...10 under par at the John Deere Classic and 4 rounds of 67 or better last week. In this tournament he was leading going in to the final round last year so clearly likes the course. Considering he is showing some form, I think this price for a top 20 in this field is very fair. Roger Tambellini Top 20 @ 7 ExtraBet Tambellini is no Jack Nicklaus, but he has a habit of following a top 10 with one more top 10 - twice in 2008 and once in 2009. Last week he finished 4th with rounds of 69-66-65-65 showing that he's playing well and at 6s in a weaker field to finish in the top 20 - even without experience here - I can see the value. GL:hope

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Greenbrier Classic 29th July-1st Aug Over to the WGC where Tiger Woods has dominated with an incredible 7wins in 9visits to Firestone and is an unprecedented 9/2 on the outright. I'm not going to take that but I will take the 2.2 on offer @ ToteSport just as a saver. Some things just cant be ignored. A par70 at 7400 yards, good driving will be key to decent scores. Lee Westwood @ 15 ew BetFred Theres no doubt in my mind who the best player in the world is at the moment and it's that man from Worksop due to his incredible consistency. In the 14 tournaments since he missed the cut in the first tournament he has 9 top 10s and 6 top 5s - an incredible record. He has already won in the US this season just a few weeks ago so wont be scared of doing it again. Lee is - of course - known as one of the best drivers of the ball to play the game so this course should suit; as shown by his last two efforts here finished runner up and 9th. Paul Casey @ 36 ew BlueSq At this tournament last year, Paul Casey withdrew with a rib injury which ruined a fantastic year while he was up to 3rd in the world...so he owes Firestone some payback! His form this year hasnt been quite so electric but things did look a bit better recently as he played very well at St Andrews to finish 3rd. He is a great driver of the ball and he clearly has the ability to play with course having played here 6 times, finished in the top 20 the first 3 times and followed that up with two top 10s in the last 3 appearances here. Still not guaranteed a place on the Ryder Cup team he will fully pumped to win and get an auto place on to the team. JB Holmes @ 101 ew Bet365 JB Holmes is the forgotten man from last week as he hit a 60 which was overshadowed by Applebys 59 on Sunday! His form recently has been great - while he missed the cut at the Scottish Open, he has finished in the top 16 in his last 3 US tournaments. He definitely hits the ball far enough (over 300yards on average), and his overall game has improved a lot since last year (GIR up to 65.71 from 61.19; putting average down to 28.74 from 29.74 - a whole stroke). His form here doesnt look anything good on the surface with two 36s and a 50th place but if you delve a bit deeper you can see he actually plays the course well - last year he was 14th after three rounds and had hit a 65 in the third round; in 2008 he was 12th after two under par rounds before the weekend; in 2006, when he was a far less accomplished player, he hit 3 solid rounds to sit at +1 before ruining things with a 77. If he could put 4 rounds together here he could definitely trouble the leaders. Sitting well outside the Ryder Cup zone, having played on the winning team last time out, he will be extremely motivated to get his name in lights for Corey Pavin to consider. MA Jimenez Top Continental Euro @ 10 outright Bet365 A guy who is continually underrated - he already has two wins this season including one just a few weeks back in France. He has finished in the top 10 here in the last two years so can obviously play the course so that's not a problem. Surely his competition is excellent? Well actually looking at it, Kaymer has never finished in the top 60, Stenson finished top 5 at the Open but it was his only top 5 in the last 16 months, Karlsson is playing ok but the year he was Euro No.1 he was only 20th here being his best effort so I cant expect him to do better now, Sergio is playing crap compared to what we've come to expect, the Molinaris have never played here before, and Quiros - while I do like him - shouldnt be shorter odds than Jimenez. Great odds on offer. Ryan Palmer Top 20 @ 10 Extrabet Palmer has only played here once and he finished 3rd here in 2005 so will have good memories of the place. He has missed 10 of his last 12 cuts, which explains the price, but he does have a top 10 in there and finished top 25 last week so should be feeling good. Additionally he has already won early this season so should still feel confident in his game. He is another good driver of the ball and for a top 20 finish, I think the odds are that bit too big. GL:hope

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Greenbrier Classic 29th July-1st Aug Steve Stricker 2pt e/w PP28 to 1 Good record here in the last three years, won three weeks ago and has the long game and GIR stats in his favour in with a real chance this week. Jim Furyk 2pt e/w 35 to 1 PP Solid as any player this week, has two wins to his name, 2out of 3 top 10s last 3 tournaments, T2,3,4, TWO 6ths and a playoff lose to tiger, cant believe he's so big around this course. Best of luck lads

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Greenbrier Classic 29th July-1st Aug Jeff Overton @ 90 Betfair Since April this man has had THREE seconds, two thirds and an 11th at the British Open. He almost got his maiden win last week but was pipped by Appleby. The fact is, though, he's having a breakout season and like some other breakthrough golfers this year (Day, Bohn etc.), it's only a matter of time before he too collects his first victory. The odds for him to do so here are too good to be ignored IMO. Tiger Woods @ 5.5 Sportsbet Woods has won 7 of the last 9 Bridgestone Invitationals. He's not the Tiger we know currently, but his opening round at the British and Top 5 finishes at the prior Majors this year illustrate that he's still in with a chance. His imperious record here maybe give him a big psychological boost, which I think could be substantial, given that it's the mental side of his game that is clearly affecting him the most.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Greenbrier Classic 29th July-1st Aug One for me before the 1st round really gets going. 1pt ew D.Johnson to win Bridgestone Invitational 50/1 Bet365 (1/4 1,2,3,4,5) As Hornet has alluded to, good driving is essential around this golf course this week and one of the best in the business is Dustin Johnson. He's been there or thereabouts in the big events this year too so I think he's well worthy of a bet this weekend. Really and truly he should have won the US Open but made a mess of the final round. He rallied well though to come in a tie for 14th at The Open which is a tournament I don't think suits him as much. Even then but for an iffy final day he's have been in the top 10. That suggests he has a problem finishing the job off but the way he's won his AT&T's suggests that's not the case. He's a decent enough putter so assuming he drives to his normal abilities this week then I think he'll be right in the mix. As well as winning the AT&T he's also got 6 top 20's to his name this year. He was 22nd here last year on his 1st look at the course and with a year of experience behind him and some excellent recent form in the bag I expect a very big show from Johnson this weekend.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Bridgestone Invitational 5th-8th Aug Taking an in running bet on this. P.Mickelson to win Bridgestone Invitational @ 5/2 Coral Mickelson is right where he wants to be at the moment one shot behind the leader Goosen, I like how he recovered from a double bogey at the 14th last night, he went onto birdie the next two holes. I think he'll come out flying as he has done on both previous days and I expect him to go on and win this tournament.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Bridgestone Invitational 5th-8th Aug MA Jimenez Top Continental Euro @ 10 outright Bet365 A guy who is continually underrated - he already has two wins this season including one just a few weeks back in France. He has finished in the top 10 here in the last two years so can obviously play the course so that's not a problem. Surely his competition is excellent? Well actually looking at it, Kaymer has never finished in the top 60, Stenson finished top 5 at the Open but it was his only top 5 in the last 16 months, Karlsson is playing ok but the year he was Euro No.1 he was only 20th here being his best effort so I cant expect him to do better now, Sergio is playing crap compared to what we've come to expect, the Molinaris have never played here before, and Quiros - while I do like him - shouldnt be shorter odds than Jimenez. Great odds on offer. Looking good, shame he missed the birdie putt on the 17th but should start the final round as the leading 'continental' european:ok....(by 2 shots from Kaymer and 3 from Garcia at least if he finishes with no worse than par in the last)

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Bridgestone Invitational 5th-8th Aug

MA Jimenez Top Continental Euro @ 10 outright Bet365 Looking good, shame he missed the birdie putt on the 17th but should start the final round as the leading 'continental' european:ok....(by 2 shots from Kaymer and 3 from Garcia at least if he finishes with no worse than par in the last)
Sadly they include the skandis as well so Peter Hansen is a few shots clear at the moment...the other big shame is that I only took Palmer on the Top 20 bet and not the outrights @ 400s!! :wall We'll see....!

Sadly they include the skandis as well so Peter Hansen is a few shots clear at the moment...the other big shame is that I only took Palmer on the Top 20 bet and not the outrights @ 400s!! :wall We'll see....!
I spoke to Bet365 chat help last night and they confirmed Scandinavia and Uk & Eire ISN'T included!! Makes sense because they probably run those markets separately plus the inclusion of the word 'continental' instead of just top European!

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Bridgestone Invitational 5th-8th Aug I'm going with a little in play before the main contenders tee off for the final round: Bo Van Pelt - Outright - 1pt EW - 28/1 - Skybet (1/4,1-4) Pelt is 3 off the lead going into the final round and I just think 28/1 is too big with those EW terms. There is some experience near the top with the likes of Els and Leonard but Goosen, 3rd round leader proved 1 bad hole can undo alot of good work regardless of experience! We've seen numerous times this year on both tours how a good final round can catapult you into the lead while those still out falter and fail to birdie. If Van Pelt can have a good round with plenty of birdies (more than possible, he is 8th on PGA tour birdie rankings with 3.95 per round average) he could put those currently above him under pressure, with some of those already dubious under pressure, I think he has a good chance of making the place money at 7/1 and who knows from there!! :hope

I'm going with a little in play before the main contenders tee off for the final round: Bo Van Pelt - Outright - 1pt EW - 28/1 - Skybet (1/4,1-4) Pelt is 3 off the lead going into the final round and I just think 28/1 is too big with those EW terms. There is some experience near the top with the likes of Els and Leonard but Goosen, 3rd round leader proved 1 bad hole can undo alot of good work regardless of experience! We've seen numerous times this year on both tours how a good final round can catapult you into the lead while those still out falter and fail to birdie. If Van Pelt can have a good round with plenty of birdies (more than possible, he is 8th on PGA tour birdie rankings with 3.95 per round average) he could put those currently above him under pressure, with some of those already dubious under pressure, I think he has a good chance of making the place money at 7/1 and who knows from there!! :hope
I'll take that. 7/1 Place for a 6pt profit.

Re: Golf: USPGA Championship 2010 All @ BetFred JJ Henry @ 51 ew 2nd last time out at TurningStone with a fast finishing bogey free 63 so clearly feeling confident with his play. Clearly likes the set up as has finished 4th here in 2008 and in 1999 in a Nationwide tour event. Additionally, while he was cut after the third round here last year, he still managed to pitch in with a 64 in his 2nd round, and in 2000 on a nationwide tour event hit a 65 so has plenty of good memories round here. Chris Riley @ 81 ew There's no doubt in my mind that Riley should have won this last year. A round of 69 would have got him in to a playoff and considering he had shot 66-63-66 it shouldnt have been too much to ask for the PGA Tour winner and former Ryder Cup player; he ended up shooting a 74 to finish 13th but I'll keep some faith with him at these odds. He's actually playing some quite good stuff at the moment with 4 top 17s in his last 10 tournaments and has played the past two tournaments in 19 under par (all 8 rounds in the 60s) so should be feeling confident coming in to a course that suits. Martin Laird @ 67 ew Two years ago, what most people remember (if anything) is that Carl Pettersson shot a blinding second round to pretty much walk the tournament. What people dont remember, however, is that a young tour rookie hit 2 rounds of 63 and a 64 but spoilt things with a 2nd round of 74. He still, however, managed to finish 4th which was his best performance of that first season on tour. He made the cut here last year as well hitting his first 3 rounds in the 60s and following that up with 75 - but what this does show is that he can play this course without a doubt. Additionally, all his top performances have generally come at birdie fests - 19 under par for his win, 18 under par at the SBS, twice in the top 4 at Reno Tahoe with scores of 16 under and 10 under, and then a 14 under total here in 2008. This is his kind of test and having finished in the top 20 at the WGC a couple of weeks ago and made the cut last week having putted very well, he should be feeling comfortable at a course he likes, in a field that is much weaker than his price suggests. Garrett Willis @ 67 ew and First Round Leader @ 61 ew Saving the best til last, this local boy likes this test. Willis is generally known for having won on his first PGA start but he's actually playing pretty well at the moment with 5 top 16s in his last 8 tournaments having played the last 3 in 35 under par. The thing that I like most about him though is his record here. He last played here in 2008 and finished 15th, however, that doesnt tell the whole story as he opened with 64-64 before fading over the weekend. He also played here on the Nationwide Tour in 1999 (opened 65-64 to finish second) and 2000 (opened 65-68 making the cut but fading over the weekend). The one thing that truly stands out for me here though is his first round record. Three tournaments and he has an opening round record of 65-65-64 which is incredible. If he gets near this level (especially given the fact he is playing so well), the 60s on offer will look a lot too big. GL:hope

Re: Golf: USPGA Championship 2010 The Wyndham Championship - Outrights Jonathan Byrd - eachway - 45/1 Stan James Byrd has been in decent form with 4 top 25's in his last 5 starts and he likes it here 3rd in 02, 5th in 03, 12th in 06, 13th in 07 and had 3 eagles here last year where he finished 24th. His last comp at turning stone he carded a 63 for his final round on the way to a 10th place finish. Richard S Johnson - eachway - 66/1 Stan James Playing well this year finished T21 at The Greenbrier and T8 at Turning Stone and won The Scandinavian Masters. Also has done well here in the past 8th in 04and 22nd in 06. Jerry Kelly - eahway - 80/1 Bet365 Not been a good year so far for Kelly but did finish 3rd at turning stone. He finished 9th here in 08, 6th in 05, 8th in 05, 19th in 02, 4th in 01, 11th in 98 and 19th in 97.

Re: Golf: USPGA Championship 2010 I did nice to see you have used the correct prices available at the time of posting this time around :ok

Draper' date=' bare in mind that the course has only been used for the past two years and also for a Nationwide Tour event between 1998 and 2000 :ok[/quote']

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Wyndham Championship 19th-22nd Aug 1st round leader - The Wyndham Carl Pettersson - eachway - 33/1 vcbet As previously stated he loves it here and has posted a 64 1st round when he won in 2008 and a 67 last year. Garrett Willis - eachway - 66/1 vcbet Totally agree with hornet on this one although i wouldn't fancy him to be able to keep it up for 4 rounds.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Wyndham Championship 19th-22nd Aug Lads, ant thoughts on The Barclays and The Johnnie Walker this week? Tiger @ 11's on PaddyPower is tempting but with his divorce this week I'm going to give it a miss. Taking Nick Watney @ 40's. No picks yet for the Johnnie Walker, I assume Ryder cup placings will make a difference in selections?

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Wyndham Championship 19th-22nd Aug :nanaI ve had two bets in the barclays Rory Mcilroy at 14s e.w Corals ,He as been in cracking form recently and came close to winning last two majors. Justin Rose is the other i backed at 66s e,w ,His form in the last few weeks has not been great but prior to that he was on fire winning two tournaments and leading another until he fell away on the last day 66s is MASSIVE get on.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Wyndham Championship 19th-22nd Aug Im going to add my thoughts on a weekly basis , i have been punting on golf for about 4 years with alot of success so hopefully i can provide some profit for people hoping for a leg up. First tourny of the playoffs and traditionally the hardest to bet on. Best bets: Steve Stricker @ $17 Betfair Needless to say this man's record this year is brilliant , 15 tournaments 15 cuts made 2 wins 1 3rd 9 top 25's. His record in playoffs is also very impressive , 3 years 12 tournaments 2 wins 5 top 10s 11 top 25's. Staggering really and really should have been in the mix in the pga but for a soul destroying triple bogey at the 17th. Camillo Villegas @ $69 Betfair. A few people have said that Camillo has been dissapointing this year but the facts don't back that up. He's had more top 10s this year and a win compared to last year. He's been in an ongoing dispute with his sponsors which seems to have taken some effect. He is very mentally strong though and showed at the pga he's ready to strike in the playoffs. Struggled in the playoffs last year but in 08 won the bmw and the tour championship to go with his third at the deutsch bank championship. Brandt Snedeker @ $119 Betfair. Most players set theyre sights on majors or ryder cup selection but not this bloke his aim since the year began has been single mindedly the fedex playoffs and securing a spot in the tour championship. His game depends on a hot putter which last week deserted him at crucial times in the wyndham championship he missed several putts of less then 7 feet including a 2 footer and really should have won the tournament. The scars around last years playoffs im sure will provide him with plenty of motivation. He four putted on the final hole of the bmw and missed a spot in the tour championship. He admitted he choked but im tipping he learnt valuable lessons last year. Good luck and good punting.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Wyndham Championship 19th-22nd Aug Not sure of the right thread for this, but: J.Rose to make Ryder Cup Team 3pts 2.5 Betfair (@ 11am) Realistically this is out of 5 Harrington, Casey, Donald, E.Molinari and Justin Rose. Cases can be made for and against all but I think Rose's 2 victories and excellent record playing with Poulter in the last Ryder cup will sway Monty to pick him. StanJames go 4/6 so definitely some value at 6/4. :hope

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Wyndham Championship 19th-22nd Aug

Im going to add my thoughts on a weekly basis , i have been punting on golf for about 4 years with alot of success so hopefully i can provide some profit for people hoping for a leg up. First tourny of the playoffs and traditionally the hardest to bet on. Best bets: Steve Stricker @ $17 Betfair Needless to say this man's record this year is brilliant , 15 tournaments 15 cuts made 2 wins 1 3rd 9 top 25's. His record in playoffs is also very impressive , 3 years 12 tournaments 2 wins 5 top 10s 11 top 25's. Staggering really and really should have been in the mix in the pga but for a soul destroying triple bogey at the 17th. Camillo Villegas @ $69 Betfair. A few people have said that Camillo has been dissapointing this year but the facts don't back that up. He's had more top 10s this year and a win compared to last year. He's been in an ongoing dispute with his sponsors which seems to have taken some effect. He is very mentally strong though and showed at the pga he's ready to strike in the playoffs. Struggled in the playoffs last year but in 08 won the bmw and the tour championship to go with his third at the deutsch bank championship. Brandt Snedeker @ $119 Betfair. Most players set theyre sights on majors or ryder cup selection but not this bloke his aim since the year began has been single mindedly the fedex playoffs and securing a spot in the tour championship. His game depends on a hot putter which last week deserted him at crucial times in the wyndham championship he missed several putts of less then 7 feet including a 2 footer and really should have won the tournament. The scars around last years playoffs im sure will provide him with plenty of motivation. He four putted on the final hole of the bmw and missed a spot in the tour championship. He admitted he choked but im tipping he learnt valuable lessons last year. Good luck and good punting.
Close with Steve last week, I went for Tiger, couldn't refuse 12's on him. I think He is close to winning one again and I'll be taking 9's on him this week. Any long shots you'd recommend?

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - THE DUETSCHE BANK 2-6TH Sept An interesting event this with lots of quality players with some previous form at the course. I'll be taking Tiger on, I still dont think he is ready to breakthrough quite yet. At the prices (all Betfair) Jim Furyk....Adam Scott...Jason Day and Andres Romero are my runners for the week. Furyk is 29/1 on the exchange and with two top ten's in the last 2 years at this event is someone I want to keep onside. Adam Scott has won this event before, and appears to be in good nick. If he has a good week with the putter he'll contend, if he doesn't he wont! There's been some decent money for him and I think there is a belief that his stroke is sound at the moment. 33's. Jason Day is a player I really really like. A swing which already looks like it will hold up under pressure, this youngster is playing very well at the moment. He thrives in the big tournies, typical Aussie, and finished top 20 in his debut at the event last year. 45's on betfair Andres Romero - this is a bit of a curveball but this young Argentine is one of my favourite players on tour. Totally unafraid of going low, he might be about to burst into form. He made 4 birdies in his last 4 holes to sneak into the Play-offs and has managed a couple of sub 70 rounds at his one previous visit. 279/1 on betfair, is too tempting to ignore.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Wyndham Championship 19th-22nd Aug Came out reasonably well last week due to Strickers final day charge. Brandt was looking good at -5 through 4 holes on friday but collapsed horribly to miss the cut. Steve Stricker @ $11 Betfair I don't have to repeat the reasons why i thought he would win last week. His playoff record his awesome and he's a man in form after last weeks top 5 finish. Angel Cabrera @ $61 Tab Sportsbet. This guy is serious value this week , only 3 years he has played here has 1 top 5 and 2 top 25s and finished T-15 last week which was a welcome return to form. He's a 2 time major winner and he eats pressure for breakfast and i would be staggered not to see him thereabouts this week. Dustin Johnson @ $19 Tab Sportsbet. Dustin is a future star and is absolutely in red hot form finished T-9 last week after an average final day and before that had the infamous T-5 at whilstiling straights. Has had 1 start in boston and finished T-4 last year.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Wyndham Championship 19th-22nd Aug Had Flu last week so wasnt in a posting mood! Steve Stricker @ 13 outright Extrabet The guy is the best player in the world at the moment coming back to a course he won on last year. Not finished worse than top 15 in last 4 visits here. Camilo Villegas @ 67 ew Boylesports Has played here 5 times and has 3 top 12 finishes including two impressive rounds of 63. Finished 8th at the PGA a couple of weeks ago and a forgotten winner of earlier this year. Great price. Jeff Overton @ 71 ew Bet365 Opened with 66-67 here in 08 and hit 4 under par rounds last year for a top 25. A much better player now than he was then. Guaranteed a Ryder Cup place which shows how well he's been playing and while his form has cooled a little bit, he still made the cut at the PGA and Barclays so can definitely get in the mix with no Ryder Cup pressure and 5 top 3 finishes this year. Jason Dufner @ 151 ew WillHill and Top 20 @ 5 Extrabet Last year he finished 2nd here coming off 3 consecutive missed cuts on his only attempt at the course so he will no doubt have good memories. Missed the cut last week but finished 5th in the PGA Champs a few weeks ago so should have some good confidence coming into a suited course. Rory Sabbatini @ 101 ew ToteSport Top 20 @ 3.75 Extrabet Last year after his win he played rubbish for the rest of the year - and missed the cut here. The year before he just generally played poorly all year - and he missed the cut here. In 2007 when he was on a hot streak he played great here and finished 6th showing he can play the course when playing well. OK, so his recent form? Well in his last 5 tournaments he has played 2 majors and missed the cut in both of them...however, you take them out of the equation and it is 12-8-5, both progressive and impressive. Finished with a fast finished 64 for that 5th place last week. Very encouraging at a very big price for a 5 time tour winner in which all of these wins have come on birdie friendly courses (-13,-14,-14, -16,-19). Good price. Dustin Johnson to place @ 5 Extrabet Lets be honest, DJ is choking at the moment. He is playing great golf but he cant quite seal the deal. He may have 3 tour wins but they were all less than solid - a fall series tourney, a last round which never started leaving him as default winner, and then a 74 when he had a massive lead earlier in the year. Follow that with his bogey at the PGA (ignore the bunker, he still had a one shot lead and bogeyed either way!) and the amazing implosion at Pebble in the US Open. However, the guy is playing great golf with 6 top 15s in his last 8 tournaments, and he finished 4th here last year so I have no doubt he'll be up there. I just dont think he can win! GL:hope

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - THE DUETSCHE BANK 2-6TH Sept

Jason Day is a player I really really like. A swing which already looks like it will hold up under pressure, this youngster is playing very well at the moment. He thrives in the big tournies, typical Aussie, and finished top 20 in his debut at the event last year. 45's on betfair .
Has been in the lead or 2nd for 54 holes now, just hoping he can hang on tonight, should be an excellent last round though with so many quality players within touching distance