Champions League » Dec 08

Re: Champions League » Dec 08 Wolfsburg v Man Utd As well as having a defensive crisis Man Utd have sent a weakened squad to Germany for this one. This is the squad : Squad: Foster, Ku'zak, evra, gill, obertan, eikrem, scholes, gibson, Valencia, carrick, James, owen, fletch, park, Ando stewart, nani, norwood, wellbeck. Apologies for the text speak in there, got it from an official Utd journalist on Twitter and not familiar enough with some squad players to correct it. No Van Der Sar and no recognized centre back will be a problem for Man Utd. They will still field a decent side but they look well beatable here away to strong opposition. If they lose and CSKA win in Turkey then Man Utd will still top the group. Wolfsburg will be highly motivated as they need to at least equal CSKA Moscow's result in Turkey. Utd may have to a field central defensive partnership of Carrick/ Gill ( chief exec David Gill's son) or Carrick/Evra. According to SAF Rooney & berba have not been rested but are injured and doubtful for Saturday. It all looks messy for Utd looking at defensive permutations and Wolfsburg won't have a better chance of beating them. They should win this at around 6/5 but something in the back of my head is saying maybe over 2.5 is the safer bet, Utd will be vulnerable and may see attack as the best form of defence and without stats at hand Wolfsburg seem to be a team who always goes over. Gonna look into Wolfsburg's form and think about this a bit more but home win and overs do look decent here.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League » Dec 08

Be very carefull with Bayern München. I am backing them with a high bet. http://www.fcbayern.t-home.de/de/aktuell/news/2009/21646.php - Van Buyten playing aswell. They want to win this game, and they want it bad. And yes, they can - and will.:cheers GL:hope:hope:hope:hope:hope:hope:hope
got to disagree here, because they want to win they can and they will? that doesn't just account for one team here, there's one more team left out and thats the team who just beat league leaders inter milan on saturday, oh yeah their opponents Juventus.

Re: Champions League » Dec 08 Bayern can win against Juventus, but it will be a tough match. What makes me optimistic to see them winning is the fact that they did dominate Juventus in their first match already but they were not capable of creating clear goal chances. Now they found a way scoring, although they are still not 100% convincing they did show an improvement. Additionally, I think Juventus has small problems in defence. The balance is not right good yet and this might be the chance for München to win this match close. Bettingwise I like the under 2,5 - the halftime draw and München +0.25 in this match, but I will decide before kick off if I will put my fingers in this because Champions League was not good to me in past ;)

Re: Champions League » Dec 08 Group C R Madrid 10 (+6) W D L W W Milan 8 (+1) D D W L W Marseille 7 (+1) D W W L L Zürich 3 (-9) L L L W L Zurich v Milan Milan will be looking for revenge after their last meeting with Zurich losing 1-0. Zurich have recently played well against all three of the other teams who are chasing qualification. Barring the Marseille drubbing, they have kept the goals down to 1. Milan have to win to ensure second spot in the group. They will take a 1-0 win but will surely have enough creativity to bag a second. Borriello and Pato have been in good scoring form recently. With Seedorf also on the scoring sheet and Ronaldinho hopefully having a good game, it should be a fairly comfortable win for AC. I know the same could of been said for Real Madrid who only won 1-0 recently but this is the final match and its make or break for AC. Going for AC Milan -1 @ 11/10 Marseille v Real Madrid Marseille have to go for this match and hope that Zurich pull one out of the bag against Milan. A 1-0 win would not be enough as they have to overturn their 3-0 loss away to Madrid earlier in the stages. This should open up the play as OM have to go at Madrid to keep any hope alive. Madrid have scored in all of their CL matches this season. OM have scored in all theirs bar one, versus Madrid away. Going for Over 2.5 @ 5/6

Any news on the Wolfsburg team?:)
Spox line-up: Wolfsburg: Benaglio - Riether, Costa, Barzagli, Johnson - Josue - Hasebe, Gentner - Misimovic - Grafite, Dzeko Veh before the match: "Of course the match against Freiburg did cost us power. But I can assure that the team is not only fit, but also very motivated. We did show amazing performances in Champions League already and I believe that we can get what we aim in this match." Slight comment to the line-up. I do not think that is what we may see tomorrow. Ziani did show an improvement and Schäfer should play too if not injured (could not find any information about him).

Re: Champions League » Dec 08 hi guys, first time poster but long time viewer and i'd like to give my opinion about two games: Wolfsburg VS. Man United I've been following wolfsburg's last games and noticed the obvious: their defence is very weak. they conceded two goals from weak freiburg and should have conceded more then two vs CSKA, and even in a weak game from bremen side they conceded two. On the hand their attack is exactly the opposite, with Dzeko and Grafite leading the attack supported by Misimovic they are more then capable scoring against weak man utd that has no natural centre-back + they have to win so they wont need to rely on CSKA's result, which means they will be looking to attack and probaly score 1-2 goals, and i belive United can punish them by counter-attacks and score 1-2 goals themselves, plus last game it ended 2-1 so why not this game aswell ;) OVER 2.5 @ 1.91 Victor Chandler (high stakes) Juventus VS. Bayren Munich Without seeing team news, i cant see juventus losing this game, maybe a draw but thats also unlikely. In their last league game Bayren played very poorly and should have lost, plus they had weak performances+resultes vs bordeaux. Juventus's side isnt so impressive themselves, but the game versues Inter is a huge morale boost + this game at their home turf and we saw what impact it has on players from both sides in the Inter match. Im betting Juventus to win based on current form+lousy form of Bayren, and the home advantage. Juventus To Win @ 2.3 Victor Chandler (medium stakes)

Re: Champions League » Dec 08 Juventus (+0) @ 1.62 I do believe in miracles but i can't see Bayern winning this game. I watched them many times(unfortunately) this season and some thing you can't change over night. Van Gaal and rest of the players didn't clicked(yet) and that doesn't look good. Only guy who could help them making something, Ribery, is out. And most likely other match-winner, eternaly injured Robben, will join him on the sidelines. Juve will miss Chiellini but Juve looks so much better in this matchup. They had no problem locking their goal in Munich where Bavarians were harmless and they are able to do the same in this match. I see this as a narrow home win, or a draw in worst case. Bayern will qualify-for the Europa League. Zurich/Milan Over 2.5 @ 1.87 Things are simple here, Zurich is out of the group phase while Milan needs to win just to be sure for 2nd spot, and possibly even win a 1st position if Real slips up in Marseille. Real will probably pass the group even if they lose to Marseille cause they won first fixture 3-0. Milan continues to play very offensive football and that's paying off. They are right behind Inter in Serie A and have everything in their own hands here in CHL. Zurich won their three points against Milan so Rossonerri should be fired up for a revenge. Having in mind that hosts have absolutely nothing to lose, this should be an entertaining match to watch.

Re: Champions League » Dec 08 Chilleini and Buffon are both out for Juventus i have read this morning. Huge losses, both very important to the side. For me, i'll be going for low stakes on Bayern WIN @ 3.65 (Betfair) For me, this game could go either way, but i see Bayern just edging it, mainly because of the outs for Juve. Too close a game for me to put high stakes on this one, but GL to those who do.

Re: Champions League » Dec 08 I would think twice and then twice more before putting Chelsea in accumulators, its really not worth it. Ancelotti isn't obliged to put out any of his first 11. Why should he? There is nothing to gain only potential injuries in a nothing game. The opposition could easily grab a draw and this is a rare opportunity for the manager to have a look at whats at the club outside of players who's tranfer fees alone could feed small countries. I am tempted by Ap Nicosia +1

Re: Champions League » Dec 08 I had some luck in last week's EL bets, so I'll give the CL another shot, with a small trixie: Juventus - Bayern PICK: HOME WIN @ 2.30 (local) Betting on the difference in form with these two teams, and as I see it, Bayern doesn't have what it takes to win in Italy, and I hope Juve will sneak a goal from some counter-strike... Marseille - Real Madrid PICK: AWAY WIN @ 2.30 (local) I hope that "superstars" will get the job done here, although they used to have a lot of problems against French clubs before. And I like the price, seems good to me. Wolfsburg - Manchester United PICK: HOME WIN @ 2.30 (local) Here's the chance for Wolfsburg, they have let me down this weekend with that draw, but I hope they will take the opportunity of a decimated ManUtd squad.

Re: Champions League » Dec 08 Wolfsburg v Manchester United over 2.5 goals (thinking of Draw or Home Win) As everyone has said, bad defense in both teams, easy to get in goals. Also, out of 8 matches for Wolfsburg, 7 have been over 2.5 goals. 5 out of 7 matches, over 2 goals have been conceded in. Although Manchester United are on the top of the group, as Scholes mentioned, Manchester United will try their best to win this match, they still want to be at the top of the group, no matter what team they will play the next match. As a Manchester United fan, of course I want them to win. However, I feel that this match could end in a draw and Wolfsburg does have a home advantage. Even if Wolfsburg win, it would only be by one goal. Zurich v AC Milan Away Win(AC Milan) Zurich have only won 1, draw 2 and lost 5 out of the last 8 matches. They do better at home, however AC Milan has won 5 out of 8 matches and the other 3 being a draw. If Real Madrid loses on draw, AC Milan may become 3rd in their group, in which they will not take the chance of not qualifying into the next round. AC Milan will also want to get back their win as they lost the first time round (1-0) against Zurich when they were at home.

Re: Champions League » Dec 08 Chelsea would want to erase the loss at City from their minds and although they are safely through could be backed for the win, although the odds of 1.3 are quite short. Milan's attach is on fire. Their defeat at home to Zurich still hurts. Backing them for an away win @ 1.36. Will also look closely at Man Utd line up once announced. A Dzeko v Carrick situation with the former very good in the air could lead to lots of goals in the game. Predicting a very open game as Man Utd will surely attack and use attack as the best for of defence

Re: Champions League » Dec 08 VfL Wolfsburg vs Manchester Utd: I disagree with the 1-1 draw that some people expect from this game. I do agree with most punters, and I think that it will be an open game and that there will be plenty of goal opportunities. Both teams probably playing 4-4-2. Manchester United are without John O’Shea, Wes Brown, Fabio, Rafael, Gary Neville, Jonny Evans, Rio Ferdinand, Nemanja Vidic, Owen Hargreaves, Wayne Rooney, Dimitar Berbatov and Ryan Giggs. That is 12 players that havent travelled to Germany and Mr. Ferguson will therefore field mostly B-team players. Do not underestimate Wolfsburg. In MY personal oppinion they are one of the best teams in Germany and Manchester United might be one of the best in England, but definitely not with the motley crue they will be playing with today. I think its quite funny to visit the Manchester United sites, the fanpages, blogs and whatnot, and read all the DIEHARD fans talking about eternal glory and definite wins for the red devils. That is just not a reality tonight. I have no doubt that their squad will do their best with pushing and attacks, but it wont be enough to beat W. For Wolfsburg this will be one of their most important matches ever. I am confident that they wont **** up. Advice: Wolfsburg to win. Odds: 2.12 - Betfair.com. Advice: Over 2.5 goals. Odds: 2.00 - Betfair.com.

Probable lineup for Chelsea? In my mind' date=' that is the most important thing. If they field some squad B, why bother really...[/quote'] According to The Times: Thurnbull Belletti Ivanovic Carvalho Zhirkov Lampard Mikel Essien J Cole Anelka Kakuta

Re: Champions League » Dec 08 i'm going to wait for team lineups to be announced before i place any bets. teams i will be looking out for is juventus, to see whether buffon and chiellini start, although chiellini definately ruled out. as well as man utd to see what team they actually play, i hear carrick and fletcher will be their centre backs. i want to see chelsea's lineup, ancelloti says they will field a fairly strong lineup, although he has a few doubts and will probably start kakuta. other than that i will probably go for over: over 2.5 marseille vs real madrid, marseille being a different team to the one that got hammered by madrid in the earlier game, an impressive win against zurich and performance against milan, their defence is still shakey but real madrid dont go out looking to defend goals are in the game. and depending on the lineups like i said, small stake on a treble on milan, chelsea and wolfsburg/draw

Wolfsburg v Manchester United over 2.5 goals (thinking of Draw or Home Win) As everyone has said, bad defense in both teams, easy to get in goals. Also, out of 8 matches for Wolfsburg, 7 have been over 2.5 goals. 5 out of 7 matches, over 2 goals have been conceded in. Although Manchester United are on the top of the group, as Scholes mentioned, Manchester United will try their best to win this match, they still want to be at the top of the group, no matter what team they will play the next match. As a Manchester United fan, of course I want them to win. However, I feel that this match could end in a draw and Wolfsburg does have a home advantage. Even if Wolfsburg win, it would only be by one goal. Zurich v AC Milan Away Win(AC Milan) Zurich have only won 1, draw 2 and lost 5 out of the last 8 matches. They do better at home, however AC Milan has won 5 out of 8 matches and the other 3 being a draw. If Real Madrid loses on draw, AC Milan may become 3rd in their group, in which they will not take the chance of not qualifying into the next round. AC Milan will also want to get back their win as they lost the first time round (1-0) against Zurich when they were at home.
like the analysis of Wolfsbug/Man U - not sure this nailed on as Wolfsburg win or overs as some people think! Man U very rarely lose in Europe, full stop. be careful with Milan - they have looked laboured in the league recently and have struggled to break stubborn defences down. think it depends on how determined Zurich are to give performance - maybe a Zurich AH bet would be be better value..?

UEFA have suspended CSKA Moscow defenders; Alexey Berezutskiy & Sergey Ignashevich for doping irregularities. Gotta say that Besiktas are more attractive following this news.
Well, that's kind of old news now and MOSTLY that is the reason that opening prices on Besiktas have been rapidly slashed some days ago...

Well' date=' that's kind of old news now and MOSTLY that is the reason that opening prices on Besiktas have been rapidly slashed some days ago...[/quote'] If it's old news where was the information for these suspended players when the odds were brought out? Sky Sports only broke the story two hours ago.

Re: Champions League » Dec 08 Wolfsburg v Man Utd Decided to opt for Wolfsburg here, just can't resist with Man Utd missing so many key players. First choice keeper is out, first choice defenders out, first choice midfielders playing in defence, first choice strikers out. They will still put out a good team and Carrick has attributes that would make him a decent centre back on the deck but Dzeko is very good in the air. All things considered here, Wolfsburg will be highly motivated to get the win to get them through to the next round, they would have had a chance at home against a Utd first XI at home and were unlucky going down 2-1 at Old Trafford. Utd could still top the group anyway should CSKA Moscow win in Turkey. Considering both first elevens here and the fact Wolfsburg will have the extra motivation in still having to qualify I think you have to take the Germans here. Wolfsburg last 7 games have gone over 2.5 aswell and they do leak goals so overs also looks a strong shout here. Selection- Wolfsburg 11/10- bet365

If it's old news where was the information for these suspended players when the odds were brought out? Sky Sports only broke the story two hours ago.
I have seen it going around in betting forums from Monday, maybe even late Sunday... Don't know when the decision was made. Maybe it was confirmed on Monday, but it was an older story... Anyway!

VfL Wolfsburg vs Manchester Utd: I disagree with the 1-1 draw that some people expect from this game. I do agree with most punters, and I think that it will be an open game and that there will be plenty of goal opportunities. Both teams probably playing 4-4-2. Manchester United are without John OShea, Wes Brown, Fabio, Rafael, Gary Neville, Jonny Evans, Rio Ferdinand, Nemanja Vidic, Owen Hargreaves, Wayne Rooney, Dimitar Berbatov and Ryan Giggs. That is 12 players that havent travelled to Germany and Mr. Ferguson will therefore field mostly B-team players. Do not underestimate Wolfsburg. In MY personal oppinion they are one of the best teams in Germany and Manchester United might be one of the best in England, but definitely not with the motley crue they will be playing with today. I think its quite funny to visit the Manchester United sites, the fanpages, blogs and whatnot, and read all the DIEHARD fans talking about eternal glory and definite wins for the red devils. That is just not a reality tonight. I have no doubt that their squad will do their best with pushing and attacks, but it wont be enough to beat W. For Wolfsburg this will be one of their most important matches ever. I am confident that they wont **** up. Advice: Wolfsburg to win. Odds: 2.12 - Betfair.com. Advice: Over 2.5 goals. Odds: 2.00 - Betfair.com.
Mate i think its possible that these 'die hard' fans are probably just 14 yr old kids . I havn't read any blogs or sites that are tipping utd to win or even draw myself. Eergie shouldn't have put the club in this position and its his own arrogance against Besisktas that means 2nd place in the group is almost inevitable now. Any utd fan that gambles have they're money firmly on a Wolfsburg win tonight . I just hope you havn't jinxed it for the rest of us who if anything are overestimating Wolfsburg and certainly not underestating them and hoping that they don't presume to have already won this game. Afterall thats the worst possible scenario for anyone who is on Wolfsburg

Mate i think its possible that these 'die hard' fans are probably just 14 yr old kids . I havn't read any blogs or sites that are tipping utd to win or even draw myself. Eergie shouldn't have put the club in this position and its his own arrogance against Besisktas that means 2nd place in the group is almost inevitable now. Any utd fan that gambles have they're money firmly on a Wolfsburg win tonight . I just hope you havn't jinxed it for the rest of us who if anything are overestimating Wolfsburg and certainly not underestating them and hoping that they don't presume to have already won this game. Afterall thats the worst possible scenario for anyone who is on Wolfsburg
I dont belive in jinxing anything. The teams are gonna play tonight no matter what we bet on and it wont have any effect on their match. My bet is Wolfsburg to win as I think they have a much better lineup than Manchester United tonight. If United were playing with their best squad, this wouldnt have been an option, but theyre not. They playing without 12 regulars. Fade or tail :) for me its W winning in Germany tonight. Good luck.

Re: Champions League » Dec 08 I'll level here and say I am a United fan myself before I make this post and I like to think that I'm not biased but I'll leave that down to yourselves. I genuinely think United will win this game. We've not been convincing this season until the last few games or so but one thing we do tend to do is score goals. We've not taken any defenders with us - I discount Evra because he tends to prefer playing in attack rather than defence! With that in mind, United are going to attack, and they're going to attack an inept Wolfsburg defence that have conceded something like ten goals in their last five games, including 3 at home to Nurnberg and 2 at home to Freiburg. If they can't keep their opponents out much better than that, particularly when they're supposed to be the better side, they're going to really struggle against a United side that simply must attack! Wolfsburg's attack is good so I think over 2.5 goals is probably better than the away win but make no mistake - United will be fielding a lot of midfielders in this game, midfielders that will keep the ball like we did against West Ham which is why they barely created anything. Dzeko is a threat if he isn't marked and I'd be surprised if Wolfsburg didn't score but I'd be even more surprised if we didn't score more than them unless the cripple is spear-heading our attack! Anyway, just my thoughts. Good luck all!

VfL Wolfsburg vs Manchester Utd: I disagree with the 1-1 draw that some people expect from this game. I do agree with most punters, and I think that it will be an open game and that there will be plenty of goal opportunities. Both teams probably playing 4-4-2. Manchester United are without John OShea, Wes Brown, Fabio, Rafael, Gary Neville, Jonny Evans, Rio Ferdinand, Nemanja Vidic, Owen Hargreaves, Wayne Rooney, Dimitar Berbatov and Ryan Giggs. That is 12 players that havent travelled to Germany and Mr. Ferguson will therefore field mostly B-team players. Do not underestimate Wolfsburg. In MY personal oppinion they are one of the best teams in Germany and Manchester United might be one of the best in England, but definitely not with the motley crue they will be playing with today. I think its quite funny to visit the Manchester United sites, the fanpages, blogs and whatnot, and read all the DIEHARD fans talking about eternal glory and definite wins for the red devils. That is just not a reality tonight. I have no doubt that their squad will do their best with pushing and attacks, but it wont be enough to beat W. For Wolfsburg this will be one of their most important matches ever. I am confident that they wont **** up. Advice: Wolfsburg to win. Odds: 2.12 - Betfair.com. Advice: Over 2.5 goals. Odds: 2.00 - Betfair.com.