** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League » Dec 08

Re: Champions League » Dec 08

Chelsea 2-2' date='that's why the 1.3 wasn't worth taking.Betting for profit is all about learning,learning and more learning....[/quote'] I didn't say all for just Chelsea. I said it for general, this is football duh! anything can happen. I can show you 15-20 odds which are 1.30 1.25, but it doesnt mean that they will all win, how sad you dont get it and you defending your theory so stupidly

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how was before that match ? 8 straight league wins' date=' 4 ones were at home, you would win 4 times, and you would lose only once (that 0-0) , this is footbal anything can happen, everything got risks , my point is betting on smalllest risk, that is all[/quote'] You would win four times and still lose because of odds of 2/9 in the 0-0.....And even if they were evens for their 4 wins(which I'm sure they weren't)you'd still lose.Paddy Power didn't make 87million last year from people like me.....

Re: Champions League » Dec 08 I am Man Utd supporter and I betted on over 2.5 goals!!:clap..As from my post before, I thought Man Utd would draw or lose. (Never betted on this though). But they actually won so of course I am happy. And also, I think people should take back their comments on Man Utd fans who did support Man Utd, because the score proved you wrong about the fans and the team themselves!..:eyes Wow! But what a night for the majority of people! Except Real Madrid winning, AC MILAN & CHELSEA DREW, CSKA, PORTO WINNING, most were unexpected except maybe Chelsea draw!..I see bookies gained alot today!:unsure Hope everyone has a good night's sleep and win more tomorrow!:cow:zzz

I am Man Utd supporter and I betted on over 2.5 goals!!:clap..As from my post before, I thought Man Utd would draw or lose. (Never betted on this though). But they actually won so of course I am happy. And also, I think people should take back their comments on Man Utd fans who did support Man Utd, because the score proved you wrong about the fans and the team themselves!..:eyes Wow! But what a night for the majority of people! Except Real Madrid winning, AC MILAN & CHELSEA DREW, CSKA, PORTO WINNING, most were unexpected except maybe Chelsea draw!..I see bookies gained alot today!:unsure Hope everyone has a good night's sleep and win more tomorrow!:cow:zzz
Welcome to Champions League :)

Clearly a good value-card of matches tonight in C.L. ! Wolfsburg-Manchester For sure that , germans don`t want to wait the result of CSKA from the turkish soil . They have this qualification into their own hands , and they wil treat this game as serios as they can ! Of course their defense is missing :\ , but they have just the right pieces for a clas A attack ! And with the many missings United have , I will give full confidence to the home team to do the joob . Wolfsburg WIN by to goals or more @3.75 / bet365 - :\ what the heck ?! OKE , lesson learned , no defence no bet on a team ! :spank ...... Atletico-Porto A verry good comeback for the madrilean players into the season . It was about time ! Their attack capabilies are well known , whit Aguero and Forlan upfront . But the question is in the other end on the team : how about the defence ? Albeit they are on the wave , their defence wasn`t test it in the last to games with toothles Espanyol and Xerez . Porto comes here with full strenght squad , and with the motivation to win this game ! Their coach said that are still money involved in case of a winner , and also they want to build momentum on the team , and not let down the prestige of is country ! I think bookies are gona be bitten by theiR ass with that high price released for PORTO . Porto WIN @5.00 / stanjames - no doubts , really ! :dude ..... Marseille-Real Marseille neds a win by a margin of 3 goals to secure the spot for the next phase of C.L. ! I personally doubt that they are gona achive that tonight , but fore sure thath they have fire power to do it . They have nothing to lose , and they will lunch in attack by the first whistle of the referee... Real also neds a win to keap the first place in hand . Their defence is good latley but is still fluctuating . Almost get beaten by Almeria who scored 2 , last game . Atletico Madrid scored two... so they easily can concede ! Marseille is hopping for a miracle to beat Real by 3 , but I`m gone give them credit just to beat them ! by one is fine to me... ;) Marseille WIN @3.1 / paddypower - pfffw... classic . La liga better that Ligue 1 , more quality . Lesson learned :$ :hope
Bookies made some money today . Was gona past by the small odds but couldn`t .... :spank . Milan ******* wankers , ****** my accumulator . :unsure Lill bit of a conspiracy here ?! Chelsea out with a strong line-up , small odds , public on them.... and they draw :\ Milan same small odds , they allowed to be 1-0 down - and that could meant disaster , but they didn`t bother , like they knew that Real was going to win , for sure . :unsure Any way , lassons learned ! Betting more wisely , next time . :\

I didn't say all for just Chelsea. I said it for general' date= this is football duh! anything can happen. I can show you 15-20 odds which are 1.30 1.25, but it doesnt mean that they will all win, how sad you dont get it and you defending your theory so stupidly
It's not a theory,I've been betting for a long time and I've made quite a bit.Don't get me wrong I'm not saying don't bet on small odds.At the weekend I put a lot of money on Livingston at 2/7 in Scotland.They won 3-0 but I did a lot of study on that match and there was also very good team news.If you're picking low odds you have to be very careful,you pick the right teams...But don't get caught in always betting on low odds.With team news and form there is sometimes great value at higher odds...Good luck with your bets.You keep doing what you're doing and I'll keep making money....

Yes holy yes!!!! I went high on Bayern. You critizied it. And now I can whine. GO BAYERN MÃœNCHEN!!!!!!!!!! :bignana
Err..didnt you lose 2 out of 3 bets so far!?:eyes You said you bet on Besiktas, Bayern, Wolfsburg, Liverpool..2 of those teams lost tonight...wouldnt be gloating too much if it were me..;)

Sorry mate, but what a load of absolute bollocks. 1. You've bigged up the Man Utd attack and makeshift defenders by justifying it with "20 yard shots from Scholes and Gibson" and because Carrick and Fletcher can pass it well. Yet you've completely failed to mention one of the most sought after centre forwards in Europe. Weird. 2. Look at the teams who United scored four past in their last two away games. Not exactly Champions of a European league eh? 3. This is exactly the sort of arrogant attitude which makes lower league fans despise the big four. I am not saying Utd won't win, just that your argument is shit.
crock of shit??? hardly...the argument was justifed. who the hell you talkin about, sought after centre forward, cos i know for shit it aint owen, despite his awesome display tonight. and now your not giving credit to pompey or west ham, bottom line is wolfsburg were lucky to even be where they are this year. and my attitude was not arrogant, unlike your own quotes, i simply gave a deserved side for all the man utd fans out there.

Besiktas 0 AH :eyes Over in Wolfsburg :D Bordeaux + 0,25 AH :D Marseille Goal/Goal :D Atletico Madrid Goal/Goal :eyes Over 4,5 Cards in Istanbul, :D Marseille, :D Torino :eyes Zurich - Over 2,5 Goals :eyes Over 2,5 Goals in Torino :D
A win is a win...:ok

It's not a theory' date='I've been betting for a long time and I've made quite a bit.Don't get me wrong I'm not saying don't bet on small odds.At the weekend I put a lot of money on Livingston at 2/7 in Scotland.They won 3-0 but I did a lot of study on that match and there was also very good team news.If you're picking low odds you have to be very careful,you pick the right teams...But don't get caught in always betting on low odds.With team news and form there is sometimes great value at higher odds...Good luck with your bets.You keep doing what you're doing and I'll keep making money....[/quote'] yea our points are the same, lets earn together next time :)

Wolfsburg v Man Utd As well as having a defensive crisis Man Utd have sent a weakened squad to Germany for this one. This is the squad : Squad: Foster, Ku'zak, evra, gill, obertan, eikrem, scholes, gibson, Valencia, carrick, James, owen, fletch, park, Ando stewart, nani, norwood, wellbeck. Apologies for the text speak in there, got it from an official Utd journalist on Twitter and not familiar enough with some squad players to correct it. No Van Der Sar and no recognized centre back will be a problem for Man Utd. They will still field a decent side but they look well beatable here away to strong opposition. If they lose and CSKA win in Turkey then Man Utd will still top the group. Wolfsburg will be highly motivated as they need to at least equal CSKA Moscow's result in Turkey. Utd may have to a field central defensive partnership of Carrick/ Gill ( chief exec David Gill's son) or Carrick/Evra. According to SAF Rooney & berba have not been rested but are injured and doubtful for Saturday. It all looks messy for Utd looking at defensive permutations and Wolfsburg won't have a better chance of beating them. They should win this at around 6/5 but something in the back of my head is saying maybe over 2.5 is the safer bet, Utd will be vulnerable and may see attack as the best form of defence and without stats at hand Wolfsburg seem to be a team who always goes over. Gonna look into Wolfsburg's form and think about this a bit more but home win and overs do look decent here.
Should have listened :wall:wall I've seen this scenario before where everyone fancies the same team to win and the odds plummet and it goes tits up! Same as Fulham a few weeks ago :\:\

Re: Champions League » Dec 08 Im not afraid to put my hand up and admit i backed against my own team and duly deserve to get slaughtered for it from any utd fans here. Sounds like the makeshift defence put in a proper shift and the Wolfies didn't. Well done to anyone who backed Utd. In my defence i made the bet with Ladbrokes who disgracefully dont have an under/over market so i didn't have that option anyway

Re: Champions League » Dec 08 Why should you get slaughtered for betting against your own team? I do it whenever I feel there's value. Betting should be done with no emotion or not at all. Many people were on Wolfsburg, and at the start of the match it was very much the right bet considering the circumstances in my opinion.

Re: Champions League » Dec 08 This isn't a case of 'i hate to say i told you so' 'cos it's each to their own and you base your bets around your own thoughts and predictions. Even with a second/third string out, any United squad is capable of turning over most teams which is why i predicted United would produce a backs to the wall performance and grind it out. Shame i didn't find the bottle to back them! :-( :\

I'll level here and say I am a United fan myself before I make this post and I like to think that I'm not biased but I'll leave that down to yourselves. I genuinely think United will win this game. We've not been convincing this season until the last few games or so but one thing we do tend to do is score goals. We've not taken any defenders with us - I discount Evra because he tends to prefer playing in attack rather than defence! With that in mind, United are going to attack, and they're going to attack an inept Wolfsburg defence that have conceded something like ten goals in their last five games, including 3 at home to Nurnberg and 2 at home to Freiburg. If they can't keep their opponents out much better than that, particularly when they're supposed to be the better side, they're going to really struggle against a United side that simply must attack! Wolfsburg's attack is good so I think over 2.5 goals is probably better than the away win but make no mistake - United will be fielding a lot of midfielders in this game, midfielders that will keep the ball like we did against West Ham which is why they barely created anything. Dzeko is a threat if he isn't marked and I'd be surprised if Wolfsburg didn't score but I'd be even more surprised if we didn't score more than them unless the cripple is spear-heading our attack! Anyway, just my thoughts. Good luck all!
Hurrah, although the cripple came good for a change! :cow

Agreed, Marseilles are awful, and I don't think Kaka is a huge miss for Real. The 13/8 on Cristiano Ronaldo to score at any time looks huge. He'll definitely start on Tuesday, as Pelligrini will be keen to get him back to full fitness, and he's suspended next weekend, following a red card on Saturday. He's scored in every Real game he's started (except El Clasico). Marseilles are very poor defensively, and will concede to Real, I also see this as an away win more than it's a home win. All in all 13/8 on a player who has scored 10 goals in 9 starts this season looks too good to miss.
Easy money :dude

1 Atl. Madrid - Porto - Fine 1º tempo/Fine partita (Bancare Atl. Madrid/Atl. Madrid @ 3.64):clap 2 FC Zurigo - Milan - Fine 1º tempo/Fine partita (Bancare Milan/Milan @ 2.32):clap 3 Marseille - Real Madrid - Fine 1º tempo/Fine partita (Bancare Real Madrid/Real Madrid @ 4.68):clap 4 Wolfsburg v Man Utd - Fine 1º tempo/Fine partita (Bancare Wolfsburg/Wolfsburg @ 4.08):clap 5 Liverpool v Fiorentina - Fine 1º Tempo (Bancare Fiorentina (Intervallo) @ 5.74) @4,95 Bancare=lay!! :hope
I'm waiting the match reeds-violacei :hope

1 Atl. Madrid - Porto - Fine 1º tempo/Fine partita (Bancare Atl. Madrid/Atl. Madrid @ 3.64):clap 2 FC Zurigo - Milan - Fine 1º tempo/Fine partita (Bancare Milan/Milan @ 2.32):clap 3 Marseille - Real Madrid - Fine 1º tempo/Fine partita (Bancare Real Madrid/Real Madrid @ 4.68):clap 4 Wolfsburg v Man Utd - Fine 1º tempo/Fine partita (Bancare Wolfsburg/Wolfsburg @ 4.08):clap 5 Liverpool v Fiorentina - Fine 1º Tempo (Bancare Fiorentina (Intervallo) @ 5.74):clap @4,95 Bancare=lay!! :hope
:cow:cow:cow:cow:cow:cow:cow:cow:cow:cow:cow:cow