** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

UEFA Europa League » Dec 03

Djordje

Thursday 3 December 2009HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gifFC København v CFR Cluj (18:00 GMT) 1.82 3.5 4.33 106.59 %
maximize.gifFK Austria Wien v Athletic Bilbao (18:00 GMT) 3.75 3.4 1.95 107.36 %
maximize.gifPSV Eindhoven v AC Sparta Praha (18:00 GMT) 1.45 4.2 7 107.06 %
maximize.gifShakhtar Donetsk v Club Brugge (18:00 GMT) 1.4 4.5 8.5 105.42 %
maximize.gifToulouse FC v FK Partizan (18:00 GMT) 1.4 4.7 9.2 103.57 %
maximize.gifWerder Bremen v Nacional da Madeira (18:00 GMT) 1.4 4.5 8.5 105.42 %
maximize.gifAS Roma v FC Basel (20:05 GMT) 1.45 4.2 8 105.28 %
maximize.gifDinamo Bucuresti v SK Puntigamer Sturm Graz (20:05 GMT) 2 3.4 3.75 106.08 %
maximize.gifFK Ventspils v Hertha BSC (20:05 GMT) 4 3.5 1.85 107.63 %
maximize.gifFulham v CSKA Sofia (20:05 GMT) 1.28 6 11 103.54 %
maximize.gifGalatasaray SK v Panathinaikos (20:05 GMT) 2 3.4 4 104.41 %
maximize.gifSporting CP v Heerenveen (20:05 GMT) 1.57 3.8 6 106.62 %

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 03 Anderlecht - Dinamo (+0) 2 @ 4.95, Unibet These odds are without doubt worth of trying cause Dinamo is heavily underrated here. Can't tell what exactly affected odds so much, maybe Anderlecht's great streak in Jupiler league or result from Zagreb but Dinamo surely isn't such underdog. Hosts will qualify with one point while Dinamo needs to win this game and hope that Ajax will win Anderlecht in the last round. Or win by 2 or more(better than 2-0) and hope that Ajax won't lose in the last round. Anyway, Dinamo clearly dominated in first match. RSCA just sit back and waited for their chance through the counter attack. They scored a lucky goal from free-kick and than another one just few mins after through Lukaku(incredible guy, 17-years old). Dinamo's form is very inconsistent and it's very hard to predict how they'll play. In any case they are much more dangerous away from home than at Maksimir for some reason. This is a 50-50 match on level ball, huge mistake by the bookies IMO.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 03 Slavia Praha - Genoa OVER 2.5 @ 2.03, Pinnacle Brave thing to do, to offer 2.00+ on this outcome. Hosts have very thin chances for passing the group but winning this game should make things a lot easier for them; they will have to win at Lille in the last round. Genoa has 6 points and Valencia at Luigi Ferraris in the last round so win in Prague would make things a lot easier for them too. Slavia is having a bad season in Gambrinus league so far, they are 12 pts behind leaders Teplice. Statistically speaking, there was 5/8 overs so far in this group when Genoa and Slavia were involved, something like that i expect in this match too. Genoa looking for a win and scoring couple, and Slavia scoring one at least. ;)

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 03 Team news on Shakhtar to follow but for now just litle reminder that Shakhtart didn't lose or drew single match at their new Donbas arena. I was watching Brugge over weekend.they played at home,the visitors had red card and Brugge could only won 1-0 at 84' min.They did play well but if Shakhtar play full squad i see home win

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 03 I like odds on Ventspils :ok Ventspils +0.5AH @1.66 Hertha will think about Bundesliga.Why would they need Europa if they can be relegated this season and they need all players fit and rested. Latvian club taking this competition very seriously and they want to win this match at any costs.They've been training hard all november and as far as i know don't have injuries.Match will be played in Riga at Skonto stadium.they said it's very important match for them. Small stakes on Ventspils at @3.40 Medium at @1.66

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 03 Fulham v CSKA Sofia Lots will say here Fulham are some kind of a banker (they want to win, CSKA is bottom etc etc...). I would like to disagree. First - the price is too short even for an accumulator and is not worth taking for me. Next thing is an article i read saying "England screams: who the f*ck will play against CSKA?" It says and it is a well known fact i think that Fulham barely managed to get a decent squad to play against Bolton during the weekend and we saw what happened - all expected an easy home win while they could only get a draw with a late goal. Now the situation is even harder with the squad. This comes with what the manager said in an interview and that is he no longer thinks of the Europe League as a favourite for his team. This he said is a result of the bad outcome from the game with Roma when they got the lead and didnt manage to keep it. So if its no longer a favourite he will probably would like to rest the few fit players and save them for the EPL games coming. He played the reserves in the first stage of the cup when nothing was sure about this cup and you expect him to play top team when the motivation to win is equal to 0 and the cup is no longer a perspective for the team? I expect him to get out the youth team or something like this :) Ok, next thing in favour of CSKA is their ability to win meaningless away games. Some years ago they managed to beat second squad Liverpool at Anfield 0-1, then they managed to get through Bayern Leverkusen with two wins at home 1-0 and away 0-1. So having in mind the current odds i think some small stakes on the away team are not that bad. Some bad thing about the team is that the coach Penev is suspended to leave the country and will not be present at the stadium. However id like to try this with the given situation at Fulham. CSKA to win @ 11.00 (bet365) 4/10 and the correct score they love away from home 0-1 @ 17.00 (bet365) 1/10 gl all :)

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 03

Fulham v CSKA Sofia Lots will say here Fulham are some kind of a banker (they want to win, CSKA is bottom etc etc...). I would like to disagree. First - the price is too short even for an accumulator and is not worth taking for me. Next thing is an article i read saying "England screams: who the f*ck will play against CSKA?" It says and it is a well known fact i think that Fulham barely managed to get a decent squad to play against Bolton during the weekend and we saw what happened - all expected an easy home win while they could only get a draw with a late goal. Now the situation is even harder with the squad. This comes with what the manager said in an interview and that is he no longer thinks of the Europe League as a favourite for his team. This he said is a result of the bad outcome from the game with Roma when they got the lead and didnt manage to keep it. So if its no longer a favourite he will probably would like to rest the few fit players and save them for the EPL games coming. He played the reserves in the first stage of the cup when nothing was sure about this cup and you expect him to play top team when the motivation to win is equal to 0 and the cup is no longer a perspective for the team? I expect him to get out the youth team or something like this :) Ok, next thing in favour of CSKA is their ability to win meaningless away games. Some years ago they managed to beat second squad Liverpool at Anfield 0-1, then they managed to get through Bayern Leverkusen with two wins at home 1-0 and away 0-1. So having in mind the current odds i think some small stakes on the away team are not that bad. Some bad thing about the team is that the coach Penev is suspended to leave the country and will not be present at the stadium. However id like to try this with the given situation at Fulham. CSKA to win @ 11.00 (bet365) 4/10 and the correct score they love away from home 0-1 @ 17.00 (bet365) 1/10 gl all :)
ive heard the cska players havent been paid recently is that true? Also to correct you on the fulham stance, fulham have had injuries but all their players are coming back i expect england prospect johnson to play some part in this match and dempsey and duff will play and they are leagues ahead of the cska players. The game against bolton was unlucky, they had 2 great shots saved by an inform juss jaskalienan, and thye also had 2 shots cleared off the line and they were constantly pushing for the winner aswell, nevland remains a decent aerial threat and gera was impressive aswell. although the odds are low on fulham i expect them to win this game quite comfortably 2/3-0

ive heard the cska players havent been paid recently is that true? Also to correct you on the fulham stance, fulham have had injuries but all their players are coming back i expect england prospect johnson to play some part in this match and dempsey and duff will play and they are leagues ahead of the cska players. The game against bolton was unlucky, they had 2 great shots saved by an inform juss jaskalienan, and thye also had 2 shots cleared off the line and they were constantly pushing for the winner aswell, nevland remains a decent aerial threat and gera was impressive aswell. although the odds are low on fulham i expect them to win this game quite comfortably 2/3-0
i agree that Fulham, even with their reserves are far ahear of CSKA but i expect the lack of interest in this game from their side to be the major factor here. I havent heard of the sallary problem but it is fact that not all 1st squad players will start due to injuries. Yes, there is not much logic in my pick but as i said CSKA are keen on winning meaningless games :) And even if the Fulham players are getting fit i doubt they will be risked in this game that the coach does think is important. At these odds i think its just worth a try with small stakes - at least for the fun of it :P edit: i found some info on the problem you said - as far as the article is correct the players are paid but the former coaches of the team have to get their sallaries. Plus some of the players' managers that have helped with transfers expect to get some money too. This is all i managed to find about money problems :)

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 03 I'm definitely looking to take Athletic to win at Austria Vienna. A win here sees them ensure qualification and means they don't have to worry about the home game with Werder in a few weeks time. Athletic hav vitually a full side barring Ocio, Lopez, Toquero, and Koikili but I only consider Ocio as a key player out of these and they've been without him for a few games now. Athletic have played very well lately and are scoring nearly two goals per game on average. Austria Vienna are claiming a couple of gritty home wins but aren't looking convincing, conceding a lot of goals whilst playing in recent games. They also have to win this game to have to have chance of qualification so this should be an open game with plenty of goals as neither side is particularly competent in defence. I think taking over 2.5 goals at 5/6 or the away win at 10/11 here looks a steal, frankly, especially after Athletic's convincing 4-1 win at Almeria at weekend.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 03 Heerenveen +0.5AH @2.37 My second bet will be Heerenveen not too lose.They still can qualify if keep winning.They had heavy defeat from Ajax 5-1 but came back in last match 3-1 so should be in a good mood.Don't know much about team news. Sporting lost their manager recently and keep drawing matches.5 draws in last 6 matches.They are also top of the group with 10 points and only need a draw to remain top.Don't see value in home side so will go with Heerenveen DC. GL :ok

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 03 Allthethings certainly made a strong point recently, with the Highest Paid Over ideas... The highest paid Over 2,5 Goals in Europe tonight was in Boulogne @ 2,39, Salzburg Over 2,5 shot up to 2,11 an hour before the game... Today the highest paid Over 2,5 Goals seems to be in Istanbul @ 2,18 and I will take some of it - both teams are steady on the top of the group and relaxed, relatively easy games coming on Sunday, a long history of Turk-Greek rivalry. I also trust Galatasaray in Europe much more when they are away, in other words PAO will have their chances too IMO... Over 2,5 Goals, bet365, medium stake GL

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 03 Tolouse - FK Partizan 1 @ 1.40 Absolute banker. We can read about couple of mising players in Toulouse and also about 4-5 changes in Partizan squad. That's not important. This match unfortunately has it's own background....Partizan's hooligans killed one Toulouse fan in Belgrade. Partizan is going to France To-loose...and this time that'll be fair-play. Any other result will be insult of common sense. Also, looking from an different angle - French side is better, they have won in Belgrade, too. Don't waste a single euro on surprise here. 10/10

Allthethings certainly made a strong point recently, with the Highest Paid Over ideas... The highest paid Over 2,5 Goals in Europe tonight was in Boulogne @ 2,39, Salzburg Over 2,5 shot up to 2,11 an hour before the game... Today the highest paid Over 2,5 Goals seems to be in Istanbul @ 2,18 and I will take some of it - both teams are steady on the top of the group and relaxed, relatively easy games coming on Sunday, a long history of Turk-Greek rivalry. I also trust Galatasaray in Europe much more when they are away, in other words PAO will have their chances too IMO... Over 2,5 Goals, bet365, medium stake GL
3 Pts on Gala - Pana Over 2.5 @ 2.10 (TAB) Good pick there Nicko^^. Gala are the second highest scoring in the europa league, averaging 2.75 goals a game. Whilst in the away leg they were able to put 3 past Pana. Their front men of Baros, Nonda, Kewell, Lincoln and Elano are some of the best attackers in the europa league, and should cause the Pana defense plenty of problems. Also, first place is well and truly up for grabs in this game, so both should be going for the win. 1.5 Pt on PSV - Sparta Under 2.5 @ 1.77 (TAB) PSV have been a fairly conservative team, and whilst Sparta have been a relatively free scoring side, away from home in endhoven you can expect them to be a lot more defensive. Like they were in their last away game against Kobenhavn when they lost 1-0. All 4 of PSV's home win's have been 1-0. Whilst the Sparta coach has apparently hinted that his side will come to defend. 1 Pt on Fulham - CSKA Under 2.5 @ 1.97 (TAB) CSKA have a very strong defense, whilst Fulham's attack has not exactly been potent. Fulham will be missing Nevland through suspension, whilst there two main strikers Johnson (groin) and Kamara (knee) are both major doubts. CSKA will be coming to defend, although Fulham should be good enough to get a win but there is not really any major value in that. I can see this game being 1-0 either way, or even a 0-0. And 2 Pts on that in a treble @ 7.32 (TAB) GL everyone:hope

Allthethings certainly made a strong point recently, with the Highest Paid Over ideas... The highest paid Over 2,5 Goals in Europe tonight was in Boulogne @ 2,39, Salzburg Over 2,5 shot up to 2,11 an hour before the game... Today the highest paid Over 2,5 Goals seems to be in Istanbul @ 2,18 and I will take some of it - both teams are steady on the top of the group and relaxed, relatively easy games coming on Sunday, a long history of Turk-Greek rivalry. I also trust Galatasaray in Europe much more when they are away, in other words PAO will have their chances too IMO... Over 2,5 Goals, bet365, medium stake GL
Would be extra cautious trying overs in these kind of situations for Panathinaikos. Game could even end up 0-0 if you ask me...

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 03 CSKA's coach won't be at the game. http://www.soccerway.com/news/2009/December/01/travel-ban-for-cska-coach-ahead-of-fulham-game/ I doubt CSKA will put out many regulars but with those prices there's no point doing anything here until lineups are announced. Hodgson would like to qualify but won't take any risks with his squad.

Would be extra cautious trying overs in these kind of situations for Panathinaikos. Game could even end up 0-0 if you ask me...
Indeed, I am going to agree with you here xaralas.....and go with the bet: Galatasaray - Panathinaikos: Draw @ 3.40 (Coral) 10/10 The draw is very likely I think and quite possibly a low scoring draw (0-0, 1-1). Both teams have stumbled in their recent matches and the match is relatively meaningless with both essentially qualifying for the next round. I think Panathinaikos will play for the draw and get the point that clinches qualification. In turn, I think Galata will oblige and collect the point that keeps them in first place.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 03 What do you guys think about Austria Vienna ? They did loose to Athletic Bilbao 3:0 on their away game but at home they boast a solid record...they are unbeaten in 12 european matches also in their league in nine games have won seven and drawn the other two.On top of that I think Bilbao has some players out like Ion Velez, Gaizka Toquero, David Lopez and Koikili Lertxundi.I think Athletic just needs a draw to go through. Maybe lay Athletic is the way to go...Any thoughts ?

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 03 Toulouse -1.5 @ 2.18 pinnacle For Toulouse to have any chance of progressing to the next round they have to win this game, while for Partizan, they have no hope of progressing, and as a result, it seems several players like Diarra, Krstajic and Lomic will not play. For added motivation for the home side, the death of one of their fans in the game in Belgrade will act as an incentive that they win this game. They beat Partizan 3-2 over there, and with concerns about their defending, and also likely to be without Krstajic and Lomic in defence, then chances are that the French side should be able to exploit this. Like them to win this by at least a couple of goals Athletico Bilbao @ 2.19 pinnacle Athletico will progress through with a win here and they are riding some momentum as they are undefeated in their last 6 games. Their confidence will be high even more so as they comfortably beat them at home 3-0 in a game they controlled from the beginning and could have added to the final score. With the away side having the class edge; the form, and with a win guaranteeing them passage into the next round, they will look to seize this opportunity with a win here. Roma -1.5 @ 2.58 pinnacle Stunned by their 2-0 loss to Basel on the road where they probably underestimated them, expect Roma to play much better at home and capitalise on the chances that they create, which they did not do in their loss to them. De Rossi returns for them in the midfield and may start while Totti is likely to push further forward to partner Vucinic in a classy pairing with the ability to score goals. A win here just about sends Roma through to the next round and like these forwards to be amongst the goals. They have beaten Fulham 2-1 and CSKA Sofia 2-0 at home and will look to a hattrick of wins Fulham -1.5 @ 2.05 pinnacle While CSKA have virtually no chance to make the next round, Fulham have evrything to play for as they need a win here to have any chance. They will see Murphy return for them in midfield which should make them more creative, while CSKA are without their manager who has not been allowed to leave the country. Also they have lost their last 3 games in the Europa League by two goals margins, with an away loss to Roma (2-0) and then beaten at home by Basel (2-0) before losing at Basel (3-1). Fulham tend to play well at home, and with a game against lowly Bolton on the weekend, should be able to concentrate on winning this one well

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 03 OK, here come my two cents about tonight's matches: Galatasaray - Panathinaikos PICK: HOME WIN @ 2.02 (local) It seems pretty easy, or at least to me... The Greeks DO have two away wins this year, but they are only 1:0. They score few goals, while Galat is on the roll, with 11 goals in 4 games. I think that the FT result will be something like 2:0 or maybe 2:1 (to me, this looks a lot like yesterday game between RBS and Lazio) Austria Wien - Athletic Bilbao PICK: AWAY WIN @ 2.10 (local) Austria isn't playing at their best level recently, (2 wins, 4 losses) and Athletic is coming to confirm their qualification for the next round. The Basque are good, not losing a game from last six (3 wins, 3 draws), and I fancy their chances at this price. Austria's defence seems pretty bad to me, I hope that Athletic will make use of that. Dinamo Bucuresti - Sturm Graz PICK: HOME WIN @ 1.80 (local) I see this match as a matter of motivation, and Dinamo should have a lot more of it.Both teams are without chances to stay in the compeptition, and I belive that Dinamo will take an opportunity to win at home against the last-ranked club in the group. I don't see what Sturm might get out of this match, so... :hope

Doing a wild bet at low stake on CSKA Sofia. Hard bet' date=' but hard payoff aswell.[/quote'] "Bulgaria striker Ivan Stoyanov, who is comfortably CSKA Sofia’s top goal-scorer this season having scored nine in all competitions – more than double of his other team-mates – has not boarded the flight to England."- from GOAL.com . They do have Michel Platini who is capable of goals...but like you said it is a hard bet. GL

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 03 I'm sorry, but I can't comprehend the love-in that everyone is having with Toulouse. Yes, they're at home, against a team that has no hope of qualifying, but odds of 1.40 are of no value whatsoever. This is Toulouse's injury list: Yohann Pele (GK), Xavier Pentecote (FW), Fode Mansare (MF), Antoine Devaux (MF), Mohammed Fofana (DF/MF), Damian Congre (DF). Manager Alain Casanova has already said that key midfielders Etienne Didot and Moussa Sissokho will probably be on the bench, as will striker Andre-Pierre Gignac. That's almost a whole first team they are missing. Ahmed Soukouna, a 19-year-old who has played six minutes of first team football, will start up front. They've been pretty poor recently in Ligue 1 too. Now, they may well win this match against a weak Partizan side who have very little but pride to play for, but the price is ridiculous, and I'd be very sceptical of them completing a handicap.

Also to correct you on the fulham stance, fulham have had injuries but all their players are coming back i expect england prospect johnson to play some part in this match and dempsey and duff will play and they are leagues ahead of the cska players. The game against bolton was unlucky, they had 2 great shots saved by an inform juss jaskalienan, and thye also had 2 shots cleared off the line and they were constantly pushing for the winner aswell, nevland remains a decent aerial threat and gera was impressive aswell. although the odds are low on fulham i expect them to win this game quite comfortably 2/3-0
andy johnson will be out for a while, he just had groin surgery. Nevland, Greening and Konchesky are suspended. Danny Murphy is back though. Fulham should hammer cska though, they are a laughing stock. Their coach penev won't be at he game because he's banned from leaving bulgaria because of bank debts :lol

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 03 I agree with Atko regarding those bets on Toulouse... The price is not right, so I'm skipping this match. With that many missings, they will be content with a draw or a win by 1 goal. Partizan is poor, and they will rest some players, but I don't see a good chance for Toulouse trashing them like Dinamo Zagreb did some years ago (5:0) :D BTW, I believe that Werder will win at home, but 1.4 is too small price for betting on their "reserve" squad. I'll rather take PSV at home. What are the opinions on PSV-Sparta and Kopenhagen-Cluj???

Toulouse have a lengthy injury list for the game against Partizan' date=' but they need a result really and you wouldnt really trust Partizan on the road i dont think..[/quote'] I don t know about Toulouse but Partizan misses next players: Bozovic(first goalkeeper),Diarra (best striker), Gavrancic ( Defender,sub), Krstajic (first team player), Lomic ( first team player),Brezancic (defender,sub).

I agree with Atko regarding those bets on Toulouse... The price is not right, so I'm skipping this match. With that many missings, they will be content with a draw or a win by 1 goal. Partizan is poor, and they will rest some players, but I don't see a good chance for Toulouse trashing them like Dinamo Zagreb did some years ago (5:0) :D BTW, I believe that Werder will win at home, but 1.4 is too small price for betting on their "reserve" squad. I'll rather take PSV at home. What are the opinions on PSV-Sparta and Kopenhagen-Cluj???
I'm considering a very small bet on overs in the Copenhagen vs Cluj. I'm not privvy to team news but I do know that a draw would kill both sides hopes of qualification. I envisage both sides having a go, if one goes behind, the other will attack. The odds are 21/20. If there's anyone out there who knows more about these two than me, then any information would be appreciated :ok