** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Europa League » Dec 03

Djordje

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 03 Anyone from Romania know anything about Cluj. I backed them last time and they let me down (2 nil down to after 13 mins to a poorish team) Do they want this competition at all? Do they still have loads of good South American players in their team ? I noticed that their domestic form is piss poor

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 03 One more thing, something just took my attention: PSV - CLUJ with European Handicap (-1) on PSV HOME WIN @ 2.3 I see that the price on PSV is dropping (below 1.5 at the moment), maybe this would be a nice bet? I know that PSV wins only by 1:0 lately, but...

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 03

3 Pts on Gala - Pana Over 2.5 @ 2.10 (TAB) Their front men of Baros, Nonda, Kewell, Lincoln and Elano are some of the best attackers in the europa league, and should cause the Pana defense plenty of problems. Also, first place is well and truly up for grabs in this game, so both should be going for the win.
Mate , i dont really know who told you Lincoln's still a member of Galatasaray squad .Not only was Lincoln released by club in the off-season due to undisciplinary behaviour , but also Milan Baros is out since Fenerbahce game and will be out for another 2-3 weeks.. Only one hitman , does Franck Rijkaard have ; Shabani Nonda.. But he is not physically dominant , neither Kewell is .. Rijakaard tries to constitute different line-ups and rotates the player who plays up front during Baros's absentee.. In first a few games after baros's injury , team started with nonda up front and when they got the lead in the first half , rijkaard sent another midfielder through the ground to replace Nonda in order to send Kewell to striker position.. The last game of Galatasaray , away against Bursaspor , Nonda was substitute and Arda (170 cm Midfielder) played the target man.. Galatasaray took the 1st shoot on goal in the late minutes of the 1st half .. Yes , Galatasaray was a good offensive minded team in early season but when Rijkaard changed his mind and placed 3 defensive midfielders to the line-up after 1-3 fenerbahce defeat , galatasaray had encounter problems of creating chances and lack of creativity.. Those 3 defensive midfielders Mehmet Topal , Mustafa Sarp and Ayhan Akman have lack of technical skills and Elona Blumer , the replacement of these 3 players, is not in form yet. This is not a post to shut your tip out.. There might be number of goals as any football game , but the players you placed in your write up to strenghten your idea are not in the squad any longer and not in their best shape.. good luck

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 03 Vegard, trust me - no one in CSKA is really hoping to qualify from this group. They just take each match as it comes. They will try to give their best (which is not much) against Fulham for sure but hardly with a serious intent to go further in the tournament.

One more thing, something just took my attention: PSV - CLUJ with European Handicap (-1) on PSV HOME WIN @ 2.3 I see that the price on PSV is dropping (below 1.5 at the moment), maybe this would be a nice bet? I know that PSV wins only by 1:0 lately, but...
PSV is playing Sparta Prague tonight. FC Copenhagen are playing CFR CLUJ.

PSV is playing Sparta Prague tonight. FC Copenhagen are playing CFR CLUJ.
Sorry, my mistake, I'm betting on both PSV-Sparta, and FC Kopenhagen-Cluj. That's why a made a mistake :) And I'd like to try some handicaps.... So, PSV-Sparta Prague, European Handicap -1 on PSV HOME WIN @ 2.3 Any value in it?

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 03 I have been reading this forum for quite a while now which I have really enjoyed and found very useful at times. Today, however, I just feel obliged to join the discussion since I am Bulgarian and a CSKA fan who watches every game of the team. I have no idea what Fullham are worth right now but in Bulgaria it was luck that saved them from the defeat. The situation this time is a lot different. Indeed, the UK is the best international venue so far for CSKA as out of 7 games we have 2 wins, 2 draws and 3 losses which is not bad at all for such a team. Enough general info, lets cut to the useful info: 1. Financially, CSKA are in a bad shape. Media claims that players are being paid but the night before I was talking to a taxi driver who swore a few days before he took a girl to an address because she told him she needs to give a loan to someone who usually has a lot of money. The person was Yordan Todorov, a CSKA player. We are broke but it does not have a lot to do with the performance of the team since it is nothing new. 2. Penev, the coach of CSKA did not leave for the UK because he owns a lot of money to a bank and he is suspended from leaving the country for a while, honestly, I do not think this is going to have a big impact on the motivation and it is not like it is a CL semi-final strategic battle. 3. I have watched all recent practises even though some of them were "closed gates" and we are working on a change in the construction of our game to a 5-4-1 formation. Returned to squad Ivan Ivanov (bad form and might play well or do awful mistakes 50/50), Pavel Vidanov and Apostol Popov in the middle with Jordan Minev and Kostadin Stoyanov on the sides. Most probably Spas Delev leading the atack meaning that Platini and Miguel most probably will seat. Obviously, a defensive formation counting on fast and brave Delev for counter-atacks. The boy is very motivated but he is just not talanted enough. I cannot give you guys a prediction myself since I am not into Fullham but CSKA is in a bad shape overall. Do not make the mistake to think that the team will not play full potential because we don't have any chances to advance. The european tournaments are only a matter of prestige and are a venue for the BG teams to show players who can be sold overseas. The team will play 110%. One thing I can say for certain- the bet for a home win is not worth it. Fans over here speak of a win or at least a point and this is what we are playing for tonight. Delev scored for 2-1 against Dinamo from a counter atack. You can see where my pieces of info come from, you judge for yourself on the matter of credibility. Cheers :gimme

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 03 Toulouse (-1.25) - Partizan 1 (AH) @ 2.00, Ladbrokes Both teams have lots of absent players for this match and Partizan has nothing to play for cause they have no points and no chance of qualifying to the knockout phase. On the other hand hosts will have to win at Brugge in the last round despite the result from Donetsk, and they will stay in the race for 2nd position only if they win tonight. I'll settle with this line but i have a feeling that Partizan might get trashed tonight, match will be a bit influenced by tragic death of Toulouse's fan in Belgrade in first meeting of two teams. GL Shakhtar Donetsk - Club Brugge Over 2.5 @ 1.77, 5dimes Hosts are already in but european cups are important for them and i don't doubt they'll want to finish the group stage with 18 pts. After this game they'll visit Belgrade(Partizan) who is already out. In the first match CB got trashed 4-1 in front of their crowd, so plenty to play for today. If we consider that Toulouse will win their game against Partizan, then CB has the clear situation, they will have to win at least one point against them in the last round despite the result from Donetsk. Because of that i expect an good, solid attacking display from both sides, plenty goal chances and if strikers will have their day, at least 3 goals. PSV Eindhoven - Sparta 1 @ 1.60, 10bet First i wanted to take over but changed my mind after reading some oppinions about this match. Still, i won't miss home win despite such short odds which i usually tend to avoid. For PSV this is very important match if they want to put the whole thing behind them before the last round when they play at Cluj. With todays win they'll seal qualification for the knockout round and could focus on Eredivisie. Sparta is surely a good, solid team stronger then last season but imho not on PSV's level. They won twice against CFR in last two rounds and both times romanian team heavily underachieved. They have FCK at home in the last round and that match will most likely decide for the 2nd spot in this group. PSV should have the upper hand in this clash, no doubt. Like i said, beside quality on their side, hosts are also on a good streak and they will take this match seriously. Austria Vienna - Athletic Bilbao Over 2.5 @ 2.26, 10bet Massive odds which i'll take for few reasons. First one is definetly the fact that hosts have to win this game to keep their chances alive. They proved that they can play such games by 2-2 at Bremen and they see their chance in packed stadium. Also, visitors are on a good scoring streak, they just demolished Almeria on away 4-1. They will surely have some chances to score tonight as well. I really don't see this as potentially underish game, it's 50-50 at least so these odds are worth of trying. Galatasaray - Panathinaikos X @ 3.40, Unibet I like to back draw in such games. Both teams are struggling to find their form and to improve their results in home leagues since both qualified(almost) from the EL group phase. Neither team wants to lose this game and make things even worse. Panathinaikos will most likely decide for defensive minded approach and counter attacks while Rijkaards team is having problems with efficiency lately. First game ended 3-1 for Turkish side although PAO didn't deserved to lose with that result. All in all, i expect a very close game, probably under so draw is most logical choice. AS Roma - FC Basel Over 2.5 @ 1.70, 5dimes Roma won their last two games in Serie A and it seems that their crisis is over since "il capitano" is back. Today they have the opportunity to re-take top spot from Basel. Suiss team is extremely high scoring, it's enough only to look their most recent results. They will probably decide about 2nd spot in direct clash with Fulham in 6th round at St. Jakob's stadium so tonight they will have no pressure to get the result. I expect something like 4-2. GL

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 03 Shakhtar is too good for Europa and this is fact.Teams like Shakhtar should play in CL.4 wins out of 4 with goal diference 14-2 says all. I'm not being patriotic here just facts.Shakhtar is still unbeaten in Donbas arena and they want to win every single game in group stage just to prove that CL miss was a mistake. They expect around 30.000-40.000 fans tonight and as far as i concern Mr.Luchesku will play his A-Team but rotations possible. Also i read rumour somewhere that Shakhtar want to help Toulouse and beat Bruge,just don't know why?Anyway i know Shakhtar want to keep their home record and move up in ratings so i think Shakhtar have better chance to win here. Since odds on home team are short i will go with some tricky bets :) - small stakes: Shakhtar to win to nil @2.25 Shakhtar to score 3 or more @2.87 Shakhtar to win both halves @3.50 Please don't follow me as it could be huge fcuk up :lol If Shakhtar won't destroy Brugge then i see boring low scoring draw :( GL :ok

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 03 Galatasaray vs. Pana Well.. Here we are in Istanbul for a 5th round game in Europa Leugue group stage .. As we all know , Galatasaray approached Franck Rijkaard as the manager and Johann Neeskens as asistant. In the off season released the problem boy Cassio de Souza Soares Lincoln due undisciplinary behaviour and brought Elano Blumer as a replacement of Lincoln.. Things get started extremely high flying for Galatasaray ; victories by large margins against weaker teams at qualifying rounds for Europa Leugue. They seemed to be the best attacking forces of Europe based on the quality of attacking players and an offensive minded formation.. Franck Rijkaard's 4-3-3 formation had worked so efficiently early season.. 2 defensive midfielders (Ayhan Akman and Mustafa Sarp) and an offensive player (skipper Arda Turan) formed the midfeld trio. Keita on the right flank and Daddy Cool on the left supported the target man Milan Baros and scored many goals..Galatasaray created plenty of chances in their games , specially at Ali Sami Yen Stadium.. However , when the key player of that formation , Milan Baros was injured in the 1st minute of derby game against Fenerbahce , the dark clouds has been set to settle down Ali Sami Yen side.. Rijkaard tried to form different line-ups and lately a different formation cause Nonda is not as strong as Rijkaard hopes.. In some parts of the games he tried Daddy Cool as a target man , but it didnt work as an early prediction.. Due Galatasaray do have no 3rd striker in squad , Rijkaard tried another formation in the last away game against Bursapor and selected Arda Turan as a target man , supported by Daddy Cool and Kader Keita.. It did not work either.. Leaving Arda Turan alone with two central defenders decreased all attacking force of Galatasaray and the creativity of the team.. All players expected Kader Keita to bring up miracles down from right flank but he proved everybody that he is a human being.. For tonight Galatasaray might have been expected to field a defensive formation , it might be the right point of view.. But the fact is that Galatasaray have no leader midfielders who can take the control of passing traffic.. 3 midfielders Topal , Sarp and Akman play with low percent of passing and while Galatasaray is trying another chance to attack they make so many mistakes all those can cause counter attacks for the opponent teams , even against weaker teams than Pana.. But even though Galatasaray have many problems lately , it's still so hard to play in Istanbul.. And a local rivalary between Turkey and Greece may step their ambition up.. I cant see any predictable things for this game .. Definitely a No Bet game for me .

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 03 Dinamo Bucharest – Sturm Graz: Draw @ 3.75 (Betfair) 10/10 Neither team really has a chance of qualification (Dinamo: slight chance; Sturm: no chance) to the next round and I feel they may see this match as a bother rather than anything else. Dinamo has patchy form (3-1-2) in the last 6. Sturm's form is worse (1-1-4) in the last 6. These teams are playing mediocre football, I think, and in a less than meaningful match I don't think we will see too much creativity. In such circumstances, I believe the probability of the draw increases and therefore given the odds the bet offers value. Ventspils – Herta: Draw @ 3.45 (Betfair) 10/10 Both teams have a chance of qualification. Ventspils has mediocre form in the last 6 (2-2-2). The hosts have failed to win in the Europa group round (0-3-1) which indicates a propensity for draws in their Europa matches. Herta's form is poor in the last 6 (1-2-3) but they have a 1-1-2 record in the group and may just qualify to the next round. Although Herta is poor at the moment I believe they have more quality than Ventspils or at least are no weaker. Hence, Herta can claim a draw in this match. I think the visitors' top priority will be not to lose and hope that Sporting Lisbon takes care of Heerenveen.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 03 Last minute news for Fullham - CSKA: Coach Liuboslav Penev will travel to London as the team's sponsor TITAN AS provided with financial guarantee for his loan and he was allowed to leave the country. Too much organization in my opinion, there is something fishy about it- value for x2 increses.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 03 I can't believe anyone is actually contemplating backing CSKA Sofia not to lose. Fulham are outstanding at home, and CSKA have done nothing at all to warrant respect in this competition. Fulham have had various injuries all season, but have still put in excellent performances. The fact Zamora and Murphy are back is enough for me to take them on the handicap.

Shakhtar is too good for Europa and this is fact.Teams like Shakhtar should play in CL.4 wins out of 4 with goal diference 14-2 says all. I'm not being patriotic here just facts.Shakhtar is still unbeaten in Donbas arena and they want to win every single game in group stage just to prove that CL miss was a mistake. They expect around 30.000-40.000 fans tonight and as far as i concern Mr.Luchesku will play his A-Team but rotations possible. Also i read rumour somewhere that Shakhtar want to help Toulouse and beat Bruge,just don't know why?Anyway i know Shakhtar want to keep their home record and move up in ratings so i think Shakhtar have better chance to win here. Since odds on home team are short i will go with some tricky bets :) - small stakes: Shakhtar to win to nil @2.25 Shakhtar to score 3 or more @2.87 Shakhtar to win both halves @3.50 Please don't follow me as it could be huge fcuk up :lol If Shakhtar won't destroy Brugge then i see boring low scoring draw :( GL :ok
Reading between the lines of the Lucescu's press conference I cant see there being many changes..the crowd will be about 45,000 i think, there are a few short priced teams that wont win tonight, its about dodging the ones that wont!..Shakhtar seem to place more empathasis than some on winning european games as all matches count towards their european ranking which their trying to improve..

I can't believe anyone is actually contemplating backing CSKA Sofia not to lose. Fulham are outstanding at home, and CSKA have done nothing at all to warrant respect in this competition. Fulham have had various injuries all season, but have still put in excellent performances. The fact Zamora and Murphy are back is enough for me to take them on the handicap.
No. Fulham can be beaten. I will be a tough match, but Sofia will have a chance. I don't care about the finances or the trainer, they play in the Europa Liga, and they are there for a reason. We'll see, we'll see.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 03 Fulham (-1.5) - CSKA Sofia 1 (AH) @ 2.07, Pinnacle I noticed many people see value in CSKA here, can't see why to be honest. Fulham is better team by far and i usually tend to back UK sides against the ones from Balkan and Eastern Europe, especially when the game is played in UK. Responsible, aggressive and most of all pacey football are usually not in EE clubs characteristics, especially when they have little to play for. Bulgarian side needs to win this game if they want to progress but Fulham needs 3pts too. Hosts do have many missings though, Nevland, Konchesky and Greening are suspended, while Johnson, Kamara and Etuhu are struggling with injuries. Still, Fulham needs to win this game if the want to progress. With 3 pts in this match and 1x in Rome, they will need only one point to advance.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 03 There is absolutely no doubt in my tiny little mind that the price on Fulham is awful. Despite punching above their weight at home they are a poor team to back as under evens favourites, they do not seem to deal with favouritism well. I cant be having backing a team at 1.28 that has injuries, were beaten favourites last time out, with a manager who has said he is no longer interested in the competition, against a team that CAN come over here and give them a bloody nose. No value whatsoever in Fulham. Therefore Fulham will definitely win and I will be backing it :ok

Would be extra cautious trying overs in these kind of situations for Panathinaikos. Game could even end up 0-0 if you ask me...
@ xaralas Could be...But it can also finish 3-2...I pointed above that I often find it Allthethings being right about the best-priced Overs for certain night, rather consider it a test. Last night Boulogne Under was down to 1,40, just to see the game ending 2-5. Not to mention the fact that these two can open the game easily, enough firepower at both ends...A card, a free kick, a penalty - many things can make this game explode Money's with bet365 at great odds 2,18. GL

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 03 GALATASARAY - PANATHINAIKOS Galatasaray couldnt win last 2 league match, players are not in good form but european competition is always more important than league matches for Galatasaray. Galatasaray has lots reason to win this match. 1- Galatasaray didnt lost last 10 euro match, scored 30goals conceded 6 goals. Struggle to keep this good statics. 2- Match is against a Greek team, fans will be very crazy, they push players to win. 3- For drawing a weak team next round, Galatasaray should win. 1 point is enough but next game is away match. 4- Rival team Fenerbahçe guarenteed the leadership own group, nobody dont want to be lower than them. They always take smiliar results in league and euro. 5- Galatasaray is better team. So i think Galatasaray wins. odd: 1,95

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 03 Looks like a reasonably strong line up for Shakhtar - Adriano starts as does Kucher, Rat, Hubschman and Pyatov in goal. Perisic starts for Brugge who I think is their highest scorer in the competition. Considered Shakhtar on the handicap but am feeling a bit cautious after last night so am sticking with the Shakhtar win @ 1.44 Blue Sq

GALATASARAY - PANATHINAIKOS 1- Galatasaray didnt lost last 10 euro match, scored 30goals conceded 6 goals. Struggle to keep this good statics. 2- Match is against a Greek team, fans will be very crazy, they push players to win. 3- For drawing a weak team next round, Galatasaray should win. 1 point is enough but next game is away match. 4- Rival team Fenerbahçe guarenteed the leadership own group, nobody dont want to be lower than them. They always take smiliar results in league and euro. 5- Galatasaray is better team.
1-Manchester United had not lost double digits number of games at Old Trafford but the trend has reached to end.. 2-The first game between these 2 clups were in Greek and for a greek supporter it was a game against a Turkish team. Pana lost. 3-Drawing a weak team does not depend on your position in group stage , it's just a lottery. 4-Fenerbahce is just a man who chews a gum and spits it out while walking alone singing outside unless we are not talking about this game.. 5-For whom ? I am not a fortune teller , Galatasaray might be the winner tonight. And as a Galatasaray fan , i'd be glad of a victory.. But these 5 matters you say are not really good reason to make a prediction..

There is absolutely no doubt in my tiny little mind that the price on Fulham is awful. Despite punching above their weight at home they are a poor team to back as under evens favourites, they do not seem to deal with favouritism well. I cant be having backing a team at 1.28 that has injuries, were beaten favourites last time out, with a manager who has said he is no longer interested in the competition, against a team that CAN come over here and give them a bloody nose. No value whatsoever in Fulham. Therefore Fulham will definitely win and I will be backing it :ok
When are you suggesting they were beaten favourites recently? I don't think anyone would disagree with there being very little value in backing them for the straight win, but the price is more than justified. Sofia couldn't beat an even more depleted Fulham squad at home.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 03 Will do some in-play, I am sorry - no time for reasoning. Added; Fulham Over 10 corners, Fulham Goal/Goal, Shakhtar Over 2,5 Goals, Roma Over 2,5 Goals, Werder and FC Copenhagen to win, double... Most picks were well reasoned above, CSKA likes to play in England and the guys will be out to impress, corners - small field. All bet365, small stakes. GL all tonight

1But these 5 matters you say are not really good reason to make a prediction..
these matters including home advantage, psych conditions, forms in competition, prestige of leadership, team quality.. How we will make bet if ignore these matters ? Compare two team's squad which one is better? Addition their two important names wont play tonight.

When are you suggesting they were beaten favourites recently? I don't think anyone would disagree with there being very little value in backing them for the straight win, but the price is more than justified. Sofia couldn't beat an even more depleted Fulham squad at home.
Failed to deliver against Bolton at odds on :) Theyve disappointed in the past when odds on also.