** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

UEFA Europa League » Nov 05

Djordje

Thursday 5 November 2009HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gifAnderlecht v FC Timisoara (18:00 GMT) 1.57 4 6.5 104.08 %
maximize.gifAS Roma v Fulham (18:00 GMT) 1.82 3.75 5.5 99.79 %
maximize.gifDinamo Bucuresti v Galatasaray SK (18:00 GMT) 2.92 3.4 2.37 105.76 %
maximize.gifDinamo Zagreb v Ajax (18:00 GMT) 3.3 3.5 2.25 103.32 %
maximize.gifFC Basel v CSKA Sofia (18:00 GMT) 1.62 3.75 6.5 103.78 %
maximize.gifFK Slavia Praha v Valencia (18:00 GMT) 5 3.6 1.87 101.25 %
maximize.gifGenoa v Lille OSC (18:00 GMT) 2.15 3.4 4.5 98.15 %
maximize.gifHamburger SV v Celtic (18:00 GMT) 1.54 4 7 104.22 %
maximize.gifHeerenveen v Hertha BSC (18:00 GMT) 2 3.55 3.8 104.48 %
maximize.gifSK Puntigamer Sturm Graz v Panathinaikos (18:00 GMT) 3.1 3.5 2.4 102.50 %
maximize.gifSK Rapid Wien v Hapoel Tel Aviv (18:00 GMT) 2.1 3.5 4 101.19 %
maximize.gifSporting CP v FK Ventspils (18:00 GMT) 1.19 7 15 104.99 %
maximize.gifAEK Athens v FC BATE Borisov (20:05 GMT) 1.5 4.2 8.5 102.24 %
maximize.gifCFR Cluj v AC Sparta Praha (20:05 GMT) 1.89 3.5 4.5 103.70 %
maximize.gifEverton v Benfica (20:05 GMT) 2.36 3.4 3.1 104.04 %
maximize.gifFC København v PSV Eindhoven (20:05 GMT) 2.5 3.4 2.76 105.64 %
maximize.gifFC Twente v FC Sheriff Tiraspol (20:05 GMT) 1.36 5 9 104.44 %
maximize.gifFenerbahçe SK v Steaua Bucuresti (20:05 GMT) 1.8 3.75 6 98.89 %
maximize.gifFK Partizan v Club Brugge (20:05 GMT) 2.5 3.4 3 102.75 %
maximize.gifLevski Sofia v Red Bull Salzburg (20:05 GMT) 3.25 3.4 2.2 105.64 %
maximize.gifNacional da Madeira v Athletic Bilbao (20:05 GMT) 3 3.4 2.5 102.75 %
maximize.gifToulouse FC v Shakhtar Donetsk (20:05 GMT) 3 3.4 2.37 104.85 %
maximize.gifVillarreal v Lazio (20:05 GMT) 2.1 3.5 4.2 100.00 %
maximize.gifWerder Bremen v FK Austria Wien (20:05 GMT) 1.26 6 11 105.12 %

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League » Nov 05 points to look at when betting the above^ (zagreb/x) Zagreb has to play their last 2 euro matches without their supporters. So i wouldnt say home advantage is big. Zagreb has gotten -3 points (cause of their supporters) which makes them last of the group. Ajax has been doing good, and played thé classic match of dutch soccer last weekend. Beat Feyenoord 5-1. Suarez/Emanuelson/de Zeeuw are doing good at ajax, and have been scoring the goals for them. Not deciding yet, but my money would be on ajax sooner then zagreb.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Nov 05 I think that next bets are good. Villarreal v Lazio: Villarreal WIN. I think, Villareal was better than Lazio in the last game, Lazio win only 90-th minute of game. In Italy Lazio show very bad game and win only two first games from 11 games. Villareal show progress and recover good game now - they win two last games in Primera. And and even at the weak beginning of Primera, Villareal show good game at home - they losted at home only Real. I think that Villareal must win at home. Heerenveen v Hertha BSC: Heerenveen WIN. Both teams begin their season bad, but Hertha is worse. They are on the last plase in Bundesliga and 2 Bundesliga waiting for them. In LE Hertha losted Heerenveen at home and has 0 wins and only 1 goal. Heerenveen must win at home and be on the second place in group. Roma v Fulham: Roma WIN. Roma is on the way to recover now and will show good game at home. Fulham has low motivation in LE and main efforts are directed on EPL, but successes are not good and I think that Fulham may propose double squad. And Fullham show very bad game on away. There was draw 1:1 in the first game and Roma will win at home. Fenerbahce v Steaua: Fenerbahce WIN. Fenerbahce is on the first place in goup H and in the first place in Turkey, where they have only one draw and only one loss. They show good game and won in Romania and must win with more weak Steaua at home in order to be in the first place. Steaua show bad game and don't have goals in LE.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Nov 05 Dinamo Bucuresti vs Galatasaray SK I am shoked. Galatasaray's odd is 2,20 :eek Keita is 3 match suspended in league, he is too fit, he couldnt play in last 2 league match, he will be with extra motivation on pitch. Rijkaard will chose him instead of Kewell. Other star of Galatasaray, Arda Turan catch his form. Baros is injured for 2 months, but Nonda will do best. Now Nonda is most scorer player in Galatasaray, 13 goals in 12 match. There is too press on Elano, he couldnt do good things after join us and he booked red card ridicoulisly in cup match. He will try to show himself if Rijkaard let him play.. Probable line up of Galatasaray Leo Franco Sabri - Gökhan Zan - Servet - Hakan Balta M. Topal - Barış Keita - Mustafa Sarp - Arda Nonda Subs: Aykut - E.Güngör - Uğur - Elano - Kewell - Ayhan - Linderoth I dont know much about Dinamo.. I watched only first match, they have no special player, an avarage team. And their fans are suspended. Match will be played without supporters. Galatasaray wins. 2,20

Re: UEFA Europa League » Nov 05

If you wonder why odds for Basel dropped so fast - today CSKA coach suspended 9 of his players because of poor performance and behaviour' date= so CSKA will be with a strange squad in Basel.
Update: 3 (key) players are back in the squad for the Basel match. CSKA is in a terrible state - they play horribly losing matches in local championship and in Europe. There was a fight between players in the dressing room. The coached accused 9 players of drinking and partying too much and then suspended them. But then the owners let 3 of them join the squad for the Basel match. The rest will return to the squad for the next match. Meanwhile a few of the players received a proper beating in a bar. Pure madness. Basel is a decent team anyway. If Basel want to win, they will win easily.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Nov 05 Fenerbahce v Steaua I quite like the under odds in this match. Someone already mentioned it Steaua has problems to score, when a team knows this they stick to defense so we will most likely face a match where Fenerbahce will have ball possession and try to break Steaua defense. Quite nice pre settings for an under I will stick 5 pts on under 2,5 @1.8 Additionally will go with HT/FT bets: 1 pts on Draw/Fenerbahce @4.5 1 pts on Draw/Draw @6.5

Dinamo Bucuresti vs Galatasaray SK :eekMatch will be played without supporters. Galatasaray wins. 2,20
You probably mixed this Dinamo and Dinamo Zagreb. Dinamo-Ajax will be played behind closed doors. ;)

You probably mixed this Dinamo and Dinamo Zagreb. Dinamo-Ajax will be played behind closed doors. ;)
Also Dinamo Bucharest - Galatasaray will be without fans ... As for this round of Europa League I see value in backing Cfr Cluj who has a pretty good home record (almost an year since the last lost game at home).They have a good team that didn't chance to much since last year when they've played in Champions League and didn't embarase themselves in a group with Bordeaux , Rome and Chelsea (4 points although in last place is good for first time in the competition). Even with they're best striker Kone out for couple of weeks now, its seems that Traore and Nei can substitute his absence very good . It's a must win for them so i think they'll win it ... Cluj -0.5 AH @ 2.02 with medium stake ... over 2.5 goal line @ 2.15 with small stake ... GL all !!! :hope

Re: UEFA Europa League » Nov 05 maximize.gifToulouse FC v Shakhtar Donetsk i wonder why nobody mentioned this game already. Toulouse isn't the "wow-team" in the french first league, neither in the europe-league... i couldnt find teaminformation but for me i see a clear win for shakhtar! last match was a 4-0 for shakhtar and with a win they would be through easily.. shakhtar is unbeaten since the barca match, this tells enough i guess :)

Update: 3 (key) players are back in the squad for the Basel match. CSKA is in a terrible state - they play horribly losing matches in local championship and in Europe. There was a fight between players in the dressing room. The coached accused 9 players of drinking and partying too much and then suspended them. But then the owners let 3 of them join the squad for the Basel match. The rest will return to the squad for the next match. Meanwhile a few of the players received a proper beating in a bar. Pure madness. Basel is a decent team anyway. If Basel want to win, they will win easily.
What's the latest news mate? Will that 3 players be in line-up against Basel? I think to bet on Basel HT/FT 1/1 and WE need ur help..

Re: UEFA Europa League » Nov 05 I think that Twente (-1) could be a good bet, they are undoubtedly a better team than Sheriff and would want to take a revenge after the previous game where I think they lost only because they underestimated the rival. I agree with podarok on Villareal vs Lazio game. The yellow submarines seem to start recovering after their extremely poor start of the season (5-0 home win against Tenerife last weekend) . And Lazio's exactly the opposite - they're very weak at the moment, losing or drawing in last games. IMO it could even end with handi for Villareal. :hope

Re: UEFA Europa League » Nov 05 yesterday in champs league i did 3 teams to score atleast a goal (over 0.5 in betting terms) teams were rangers, liverpool and inter, which turned out ok so i want to try that again with 3 teams tonight in europa. teams that caught me eye are: Hapoel Tel Aviv - score 2 goals against strong hamburg team and smashed SK Rapid Wien at home so can't see why they can't atleast score one goal at there ground? Club Brugge - really impressed me since i watched them play lech poznan in europa and been playing really well in the league, playing FK Partizan Belgrade..i think brugge will want to win this game and should be out to atleast score a goal? Shakhtar Donetsk - like someone else said in prev post..toulouse haven't been playing as good as they once were and home form is ok but shakhtar is a good team and really want to progress in europa..do toulouse? to be honest i don't think so..league is more important, shakhtar to atleast score a goal? anyone else same idea or better teams to compined for over 0.5..let me know! :D

Re: UEFA Europa League » Nov 05 Event Anderlecht - Timisoara Selection under 2.5 Strength 10/10 Date 05/11/2009 Bookmaker/Price 10bet @ 1.89 (Back) Reasoning What strikes my eye about this match is the fact that Timisoara are yet to score in group stage of Europa League. They really have a poor attack but they play good at the back. Sabau is a good tactician but unfortunately he has no good attacking midfielder at his disposal and the strikers are Parks, one who misses a lot, though he has good physical condition and good pace and Bucur, a striker that although is very sharp is to fragile physically. I think Anderlecht will win this one to nil. My prediction would be 1-0 or 2-0 correct scores. Timisoara defended very well to Ajax too but recently they lost 1-0 at home against Steaua after a mistake of the keeper. They were very impotent in front of goal in that match too and that is their main weakness. I think next year they will be a good team if they will transfer a playmaker and some attackers. This year the team is too small too tired and can't resist to European Competition. The boss knows that and doesn't put pressure on the coach to get results . He stated that Timisoara has a strategy for 3-4 years. And thsi year was better than they expected.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Nov 05 Good morning chaps. I'm having a look at the Genoa-Lille game. As some of you may remember, I took Lille to beat Genoa in France and they duly obliged 3-0. Tonight's game, however, is a different species. I don't know too much about Genoa except they play a slightly crazy 3-4-3 formation. Is Crespo fit? Is Kharja (sp) still injured? I believe these two guys are the most important players for them. Some info on Lille. Eden Hazard (MF), Gervinho (MF) and Rio Mavuba (MF) are being rested. That's the heartbeat of the side, in particular Mavuba and Gervinho. I'd be very tempted by Genoa at evens but as yet, I'd wait for some info from Serie A regulars. Any thoughts guys? Cheers :ok

Re: UEFA Europa League » Nov 05 Everton v Benfica - Everton -1 H'cap @ 5.00 Bet365 Everton went down by 5 goals to 1 when in Portugal but I expect a big turn around tonight, three points is needed for Everton here and the home fans can hopefully get behind there side, they've won there last two at home in Europe by four goals to nil. Infact they have a great record in Europe at Goodison, Benfica are without a win on the road in the Europa (UEFA Cup) since 2007, although they are in good form domestically but they did go down to Braga at the weekend, this will be a tough task for them tonight and I fancy Everton to be fired up, take the lead and go onto control the game.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Nov 05 Ajax to win! Ajax is on form, 5 consequtive wins which 2 of them were away. In addition Zagreb is not, lost 3 out of 4 last matches. We could say that Zagreb is strong at home, but they will lack fans and this is damn important for morale and general "football" atmosphere. Again they have lost 3 points because of supporters and thus i believe it affects the team negativelly for pursuing their qualification. From what i saw i havent noted absent players for both of them (if i am mistaken correct me please). Anyways Ajax stands in first position with Anderlecht having 5 points each, the thing is that 2 remaining matches are with Timisoara away and Anderlecht home. So logic says that the most crucial, easy match of these 3 matches is the match today with Zagreb. With a win they reach 8 points and things get clearer and easier. I believe its a must win. Lots of upside down this week in CL, i do not want this to continue to the poor europa league ;)

Ajax to win! From what i saw i havent noted absent players for both of them (if i am mistaken correct me please). Lots of upside down this week in CL, i do not want this to continue to the poor europa league ;)
You are mistaken, Dinamo Zagreb will play without their main striker Mario Mandzukic (injured) and powerful and young talent Milan Badelj. Mandzukic is the guy that scored twice against Ajax on Amsterdam Arena two years ago. He is crucial, and when he has a good day - very good striker. Without him, Dinamo will play with Greek striker Papadopoulos which is in very bad form, and the guy supposed to assist him is Ilija Sivonjić (just google the guy, or find him on YouTube, you'll see everything). I'm a Dinamo fan, and I'm probably going to bet against them. It's a sad team in sad situation. EDIT: This is how Dinamo and Ajax should look: DINAMO (4-2-3-1): Butina - Cufre, Kovač, Lovren, Etto - Callelo, Vrdoljak - Morales, Sammir, Sivonjić - Papadopoulos AJAX (4-4-2): Stekelenburg - Gabri, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Van der Wiel - Enoh, Anita, Emanuelson, De Zeeuw - Suarez, Pantelić P.S. Ajax might even start in more offense-oriented 4-3-3 formation

Re: UEFA Europa League » Nov 05 Event Heerenveen - Hertha Selection Heerenveen Strength 10/10 Date 05/11/2009 Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 1.91 (Back) Reasoning Heerenveen have always been strong at home. Like any other Dutch team they excell on home field and play for draw away. They won 1-0 at Hertha in Berlin and at the moment they have a better grasp of the match. Hertha is not out of the crisis they are passing through and what they showed in the match against Wolfsburg was simply cheap. So I will go on home win. They are determined to win and they meet an easy opponent. Win to nil my verdict.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Nov 05 Dinamo Bükreş: Dolha, Diabate, Goian, Tamas, Scarlatache, N'Doye, Adrian Cristea, Rus, Alexe, Torje, Andrei Cristea Galatasaray: Franco, Sabri, Gökhan, Servet, Hakan, Mehmet, Mustafa, Ayhan, Kewell, Arda, Nonda galatasaray will play full squad, only milan baros is injured.. and game will be played without audience.. this is very big advantage for gala, cause gala has very important players and dinamo is so poor.. arda, kewell,nonda, keita and elano.. this is fantastic mix.. galatasaray straight wins; 2.2 betsson

Re: UEFA Europa League » Nov 05 Everton v Benfica If (and only if) Benfica put a serious team out they look good value at 3. Evertons are getting some key players back now and portuguese teams famously dont travel well, so it will be much much tighter than the first game. ButBenfica have more than enough quality to win at Goodison, and I think Moyes would gladly be rid of the fixtures headache this competition is giving him - will he risk players who are coming back from injury and might not be 100% fit? So I am looking at Benfica but only once the teamsheets are in. Roma v Fulham Roma v Fulham is another one where team news is absolutely vital information. Italian teams and fans dont seem to take this tournament seriously, Fulham have had some good results against decent teams of late including a lot of draws, and Hodgson will know how to get a result in Italy, so there looks to be good value for them to get a draw in Rome. So if Roma put out a weak eleven and Fulham go strong a draw is the pick. But Hodgson has put weakened teams out in previous europa league away games and if he does the same again this game will become unpredictable.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Nov 05 Event Basel - CSKA Selection Basel -3 (Asian Handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 05/11/2009 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 4.90 (Back) Reasoning Basel plays well at home. They won 2-0 against Rome and they are a team that scores many goals in front of own supporters especially when playing against a weakened team. CSKA is in poor form after 3 consecutive defeats to nil and 2 goals margin in each. I think they will lose this one cause they also susspended 9 players from which 5 were internationals. They were partying in a club and the coach disciplined them by susspending them indefinitely. I don't know if this is just a rumour but the result from the first match should be enough for the verdict though. They lost 2-0 at home and Basel is strongest team in this group, because Roma is passing through a bad time.

If you wonder why odds for Basel dropped so fast - today CSKA coach suspended 9 of his players because of poor performance and behaviour' date= so CSKA will be with a strange squad in Basel.
Excellent information. Basle are going to be making changes also though. Straight win odds are now very poor. I think team news will be critical. I do think Basle will win however, but not too sure about massive handicaps.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Nov 05 Event Dinamo Bucharest - Galatasaray Selection Dinamo Bucharest (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 05/11/2009 Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 3.74 (Lay) Reasoning Dinamo Bucharest is in a sort of crisis and I don't think they can win here. Particularly because they play without supporters they have no attack and a new coach. The situation is bad and Galata is a team too experienced in this kind of matches to lose. Dinamo will play upfront with Alexe and Niculescu, bot being second team choices. In midfield the 2 defensive midfielders that played usually don't play in this match togheter only 1 playing and the other being replaced by Bosnita, a big trumpet. Normaly it would be a win for Galata but who knows, maybe Dinamo could hold for a draw.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Nov 05 After a good (if a tad fortunate :unsure) win on the Inter game, I've put on a treble, a double, a single and a small stake ambitious accumulator... Treble

Roma
v Fulham
Anderlecht
v FC Timisoara
Basel
v CSKA Sofia
£2 returns £6.88

I'm pretty sure about this treble, 3 strong home teams, I was unsure about Basel, but after hearing the troubles at CSKA, I'm confident :hope... Double

Everton v
Benfica
FC Copenhagen v
PSV Eindhoven
£1 returns £7.21

Two aways this time, but after the 5-1 hammering in the last game, I really can't see Everton improving enough so soon. PSV seem too strong for bottom placed Copenhagen for me too :hope Single

Dinamo Bükreş v
Galatasaray
£2 returns £4.20 (or there about)

As said already, Galatasaray look very good especially for the odds given, their squad is full of attacking talent and I think they will put a few past Dinamo :hope. Accumulator

Sporting
Lisbon
v Ventspils
Roma
v Fulham
Basel
v CSKA Sofia
Anderlecht
v FC Timisoara
AEK Athens
v BATE Borisov
Fenerbahce
v Steaua Bucharest
Twente
v FC Sheriff
Werder Bremen
v Austria Vienna
£1 returns around £15
(if I recall correctly)

This was a first glance at the fixtures, I didn't realise all the teams were home ones...long shot, but very little to lose :hope

Re: UEFA Europa League » Nov 05 Dinamo Zagreb – Ajax: Ajax @ 2.00 (Ladbrokes) 10/10 I think it's pretty straightforward here. Ajax playing great football and in a position to progress to the next round. Zagreb is 2-1-3 in the last 6 and have no chance of advancing. The match will be played without fans. Ajax win I think. Dinamo Bucharest – Galatasaray: Galatasaray @ 2.25 (Skybet) 10/10 The match will be played without fans. A win for Galatasaray locks up qualification to the next round. Dinamo is in third place and will have to struggle to advance. Galatasaray is playing sound football. Dinamo also has a big derby match coming up with Rapid Bucharest. Take Galatasaray at good odds. Villarreal – Lazio: Villarreal @ 1.80 (Ladbrokes) 10/10 Villarreal have ended their miserable results and are starting to play to potential. Quality wise I think they are a click better than Lazio. Lazio's recent form of 1-3-2 is poor and I think Villarreal's newly found momentum will be too much for the Italian team.