** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Europa League » Nov 05

Djordje

Re: UEFA Europa League » Nov 05 It seems we get into the same discussion when Scottish teams are involved in European competitions: whether or not Scottish football deserves respect. It's fine to have the discussion, although it has degenerated into a rehashing of the same arguments, and I do believe that Scottish football deserves their due respect. At the same time, Scottish football, in my view, is not at the front of the line for applause. But, that is my opinion. Some may disagree with me and that is their opinion. We can disagree, but we should be civil to each other. We are on the same side guys! The bookies are the people we should be after. We'll do it better and in a less aggravating way if we stay friends. This forum is a community of people who share a common interest. No need to be nasty to each other....:ok

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League » Nov 05 very annoyed i didn't make it to the bookies before the 6pm games kicked off! Bassel looking very strong on their way to the -2. instead i put on a silly trebble - Villareal -1 8/5 Fenerbache -1 6/4 Everton -1 10/3 Reason for the Everton bet is that they have proven to be extremely strong at home, with really high scoring games against good teams. Fingers crossed! Good luck everyone else. :hope

Re: UEFA Europa League » Nov 05 Had few bets here thanks to good posts above, all running well except for Roma. IN-PLAY for me @ HT: Hertha + 0,5 AH and Over 4,5 Goals as a cover. A German team is never to be underestimated, and host are not as good as original odds suggested. HSV Over 1,5 Goals - I don't rate Pitroipa high, but with Berg, Elia, Ze Roberto and Jarolim and possibly Trochowski coming in later I still think there are goals in this game. If they come from the other end, that should cheer up those who backed Celtic. Roma - Both to Score - no matter how organized Fulham look at the back, a goal by Roma seems most natural even with the team on the pitch, plus Taddei, Perrotta, Menez possibly coming in later. Rapid - Both to Score - no matter what the score is I am sure Austrians will attack till the end. Last 2 - medium stake and a double, those above - small stakes. GL

Re: UEFA Europa League » Nov 05

Dinamo Bucuresti vs Galatasaray SK I am shoked. Galatasaray's odd is 2,20 :eek Keita is 3 match suspended in league, he is too fit, he couldnt play in last 2 league match, he will be with extra motivation on pitch. Rijkaard will chose him instead of Kewell. Other star of Galatasaray, Arda Turan catch his form. Baros is injured for 2 months, but Nonda will do best. Now Nonda is most scorer player in Galatasaray, 13 goals in 12 match. There is too press on Elano, he couldnt do good things after join us and he booked red card ridicoulisly in cup match. He will try to show himself if Rijkaard let him play.. I dont know much about Dinamo.. I watched only first match, they have no special player, an avarage team. And their fans are suspended. Match will be played without supporters. Galatasaray wins. 2,20
Galatasaray beat very easily. 3-0 :clap :clap :clap

Re: UEFA Europa League » Nov 05 Can anyone write few words about Celtic game tonight, i'm curious to see how close(far) i was? Ajax won, as expected. I noticed many people backed them, i'm really glad because of that. Dinamo is in very, very bad shape atm. Hapoel also trashed Rapid on away game too, didn't expected to see it ending 3-0 for Israeli team, i was thinking more like 1-1, 1-2. Too bad, cause Rapid is my second favourite team. :$

Dinamo Zagreb – Ajax: Ajax @ 2.00 (Ladbrokes) 10/10 I think it's pretty straightforward here. Ajax playing great football and in a position to progress to the next round. Zagreb is 2-1-3 in the last 6 and have no chance of advancing. The match will be played without fans. Ajax win I think. Dinamo Bucharest – Galatasaray: Galatasaray @ 2.25 (Skybet) 10/10 The match will be played without fans. A win for Galatasaray locks up qualification to the next round. Dinamo is in third place and will have to struggle to advance. Galatasaray is playing sound football. Dinamo also has a big derby match coming up with Rapid Bucharest. Take Galatasaray at good odds. Villarreal – Lazio: Villarreal @ 1.80 (Ladbrokes) 10/10 Villarreal have ended their miserable results and are starting to play to potential. Quality wise I think they are a click better than Lazio. Lazio's recent form of 1-3-2 is poor and I think Villarreal's newly found momentum will be too much for the Italian team.
3 for 3... A good night....:ok

Levski Sofia v Red Bull Salzburg UNDER 2.5 goals @ 1.8 - BET365. Sofia are yet to score in the Europa league, and have improved domestically since their early season slump. Salzburg have only won twice in seven away attempts domestically, so I make this a tighter game than the odds suggest. Since Georgi Ivanov became manager of Sofia, they have picked up two back to back league wins. Salzburg will also be without three attacking players; Alexander Zickler, Christoph Leitgeb and Svento are all missing.
Nice one Jase!:clap v tight game - my bet had to hang on till last minute!
Adriano is named for Shakhtar and Janko and Svento are named for Salzburg. Going for a win for both of these. Both @ 2.15 Blue Sq. Also got them as a double.:hope
happy my first tip on here came in!:D

Re: UEFA Europa League » Nov 05 i didn't put any of my picks on here tonight but just want to say a massive thank you to everyone who put their opinions forward. tonight thanks to these forums i've had the following Basel (-1 AH),Galatasaray (-1 AH), Fenerbache (-1AH), Villarreal (-1AH) and Shakhtar (-1 AH). Shame it wasn't an accumulator but it makes up for the last couple of nights. thanks guys :clap:clap:clap

After a good (if a tad fortunate :unsure) win on the Inter game, I've put on a treble, a double, a single and a small stake ambitious accumulator... Treble

Roma
v Fulham :clap
Anderlecht
v FC Timisoara :clap
Basel
v CSKA Sofia :clap
£2 returns £6.88

I'm pretty sure about this treble, 3 strong home teams, I was unsure about Basel, but after hearing the troubles at CSKA, I'm confident :hope... Double

Everton v
Benfica :clap
FC Copenhagen v
PSV Eindhoven :(
£1 returns £7.21

Two aways this time, but after the 5-1 hammering in the last game, I really can't see Everton improving enough so soon. PSV seem too strong for bottom placed Copenhagen for me too :hope Single

Dinamo Bükreş v
Galatasaray :clap
£2 returns £4.20 (or there about)

As said already, Galatasaray look very good especially for the odds given, their squad is full of attacking talent and I think they will put a few past Dinamo :hope. Accumulator

Sporting
Lisbon
v Ventspils:(
Roma
v Fulham :clap
Basel
v CSKA Sofia :clap
Anderlecht
v FC Timisoara :clap
AEK Athens
v BATE Borisov :(
Fenerbahce
v Steaua Bucharest :clap
Twente
v FC Sheriff :clap
Werder Bremen
v Austria Vienna :clap
£1 returns around £15
(if I recall correctly)

This was a first glance at the fixtures, I didn't realise all the teams were home ones...long shot, but very little to lose :hope

Good couple of wins tonight :cheers...a bit unlucky with the accumulator I think...good night though.

Adriano is named for Shakhtar and Janko and Svento are named for Salzburg. Going for a win for both of these. Both @ 2.15 Blue Sq. Also got them as a double.:hope
Your post persuaded me to pick these two tonight as well. Shame I didn't go for the double, but 2 decent-sized singles came home (eventually - last second winner from Salzburg!) :) Nice short tip mate - but very effective! :ok MT

yesterday in champs league i did 3 teams to score atleast a goal (over 0.5 in betting terms) teams were rangers, liverpool and inter, which turned out ok so i want to try that again with 3 teams tonight in europa. teams that caught me eye are: Hapoel Tel Aviv :clap- score 2 goals against strong hamburg team and smashed SK Rapid Wien at home so can't see why they can't atleast score one goal at there ground? Club Brugge:clap - really impressed me since i watched them play lech poznan in europa and been playing really well in the league, playing FK Partizan Belgrade..i think brugge will want to win this game and should be out to atleast score a goal? Shakhtar Donetsk:clap - like someone else said in prev post..toulouse haven't been playing as good as they once were and home form is ok but shakhtar is a good team and really want to progress in europa..do toulouse? to be honest i don't think so..league is more important, shakhtar to atleast score a goal? anyone else same idea or better teams to compined for over 0.5..let me know! :D
had them 3 in a treble and won that but everton let my other bet down..could't even score one goal!:spank

Why back Everton at 11/10 though when they were clearly outclassed by the same side just 2 weeks ago... beaten 5-0 was it??? :unsure As my mate said tonight, that is the great Premiership for you eh?! :lol
did't back them to win..just to score over 0.5 goal..basicly one goal..would of thought want they revenge from a spanking but i guess not..:puke

Re: UEFA Europa League » Nov 05 Anderlecht - Timisoara under 2.5 @ 1.84 :@ Genoa - Lille over 2.5 @ 1.96 :D Hamburg - Celtic over 2.5 @ 1.93 :@ Rapid Vienna - Hapoel Tel Aviv over 2.5 @ 1.76 :D Heerenveen - Hertha Berlin under 2.5 @ 1.95 :@ Sturm Graz - Panathinaikos under 2.5 @ 1.73 :D Levski Sofia - Salzburg under 2.5 @ 1.84 :D Fenerbache - Steaua Bucharest under 2.5 @ 1.83 :@ Twente Enschede - Sherriff Tiraspol under 2.5 :@ Shaktar Donetsk @ 2.15 :D Copenhagen - PSv Eindhoven under 2.5 @ 1.65:D National da Medeira - Athletico Bilbao over 2.5 @ 2.16 :@ 6-6 for the night with a slight (monetary) loss in the picks

Re: UEFA Europa League » Nov 05 Great matches last evening, Dinamo didn't stand a chance in hell, and all other results turned out the way I wanted them... Thanks to everybody for the writeups for Villareal, Galatasaray and Roma (this was the tricky one, as it turned out). Nice winnings for me. And to Dinamo Zagreb's players, I'm sorry guys, but you didn't deserve more...

Hi fellas, First bet of this evening is a rather controversial one and I'll no doubt recieve the normal ' oh your betting with your heart instead of your head comments ' but my reasoning for this pick is sound in my opinion. Hamburg V Celtic - Celtic win @ 7.6 (betfair) Celtic (+0.5AH) win @ 2.53 (Bet365) Celtic go into this match in a pretty poor poisition with regards to securing European football after Christmas. We sit bottom of Group C one one point after the first three group games. In my opinion we deserved to have taken at least four points from these games as I thought we deserved at least a draw away to Hapoel and I tohught we deserved a win against Rapid. As it stands we are pretty much heading out of the competition, but there is still belief within this side that anything is possible. We won in Russia in the Champions League qualifier 2-0 when no one tohught that was possible and Mowbrey's team of players seem to do slightly better away from home than they do at home at the moment, both domestically and in Europe. Celtic got a much needed confidence boosting win at the weekend, ok it was only Kilmarnock we were playing but we beat them 3-0 and it could have been more by all accounts. Another BIG boost for the hoops is that 3.5 million pound striker Marc Antoine Fortune got the last 25 minutes of that game and he is in contention for a starting place in Germany tonight. He is a big bonus for Celtic because in recent weeks we have been playing well, dominating games but just struggling to find the net, hopefully this lad will add a bit of composure and stregnth up front and the rest of the strikers can feed off that. We sit top of the table in Scotland at the moment so domestically we are going ok. We do have some injuries this evening, Maloney, Boruc and Brown all miss out through injury, however some Celtic fans see this as an opportunity for Mowbrey to freshen up the side after him inheriting the basis of the team from predecessor Gordon Strachan. Another big boost to this team is that first choice full backs Andreas Hinkel and Danny Fox are both back in the side and this is hugely important for this team as alot of our attacking play comes down the flanks with these guys supporting the wingers. Hinkel in particular has been outstanding this season so far and he will want to do well in his home country tonight. Hamburg have by no means a fully fit squad to choose from either with first choice strikers Paolo Guerrero and Mladen Petric sidelined and Alex Silva, Collin Benjamin, Miroslav Stepanek and Bastian Reinhardt are also long-term casualties. They came to Parkhead two weeks ago and after the game I felt disgruntled and thought they deserved to win, having watched that game back a few times now I have came to the conclusion we actually deserved something from it. Right down to the betting section of this pick, sure Hamburg are rightly favourites and yes they will likely win, however Celtic @ 7.00 to a team with so many injuries, who sit third in the Bundesliga and who got beat 3-0 in the first group game to Rapid Vienna has to be taken in my opinion. This is no Barcelona or Sevilla we are playing, yes they are better than us, there is no doubting that but on a one of game anything can happen and I think those odds are worth a small stake. I'm backing the: Celtic win @ 7.5 (Betfair) and Celtic (+0.5AH) win @ 2.53 (Bet365) Will likely be back with a few safer picks later on :lol GL everyone
Really happy with this pick, I still stand my decision that backing Celtic @ 6/1 was a good value pick, we had about 4 glorious chances to win the match and again our finishing has let us down. Corinthian, Celtic played really well first half, had three superb chances (two one on ones with the keeper where McDonald failed to beat the goalkeeper). Second half we were a bit more cautious I felt and let Hamburg control it a wee bit, we still had a great chance, Samaras was through on goal only for his finish to let him down. Hamburg had their obvious good chances aswell, Zaluska (the Celtic second choice Polish keeper) played really well and has made a serious point to Mowbrey and given him a hard decision once Arthur Boruc is fully fit again. Happy with my tipping in the above post ;)

Really happy with this pick, I still stand my decision that backing Celtic @ 6/1 was a good value pick, we had about 4 glorious chances to win the match and again our finishing has let us down. Corinthian, Celtic played really well first half, had three superb chances (two one on ones with the keeper where McDonald failed to beat the goalkeeper). Second half we were a bit more cautious I felt and let Hamburg control it a wee bit, we still had a great chance, Samaras was through on goal only for his finish to let him down. Hamburg had their obvious good chances aswell, Zaluska (the Celtic second choice Polish keeper) played really well and has made a serious point to Mowbrey and given him a hard decision once Arthur Boruc is fully fit again. Happy with my tipping in the above post ;)
great tipping :ok Celtic played good game last night, and with some better finishing they could easily take all three points.