My Unders System

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: My Unders System

Well, I do have two selections for tonight. These will possibly be our last of the season. They are the matches at: Plymouth (1.85) Betfair Accrington (1.91) Canbet If they are our final selections, let's hope we end with a flourish :hope
Well, the Accrington match was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch, but Plymouth duly delivered a 0-0 scoreline :nana Staked: 10 points Profit: 8.5 points. __________________ Running Totals: Staked: 2150 points Wins: 125 (58.1%) Losses: 90 Profit: 235.43 Yield: 10.95% Closing Bank: 435.43 As we made a profit, I'll risk one final set of selections this coming weekend, but I think those will need to be the end of it for the season.

Re: My Unders System Thanks for the very kind comments, guys. Having been at Watford v Palace last night, and seen two teams throw caution to the winds in search of a win, it's a risk carrying on for this season. But I will risk one final set of selections this weekend. I'm still in two minds whether to run the thread or not next season. To my mind, people who use a thread ought to, if only once, provide comments on it. I sometimes get a little miffed when I go on the thread and see the names of a few people using it at the bottom, who never contribute. I don't believe that is the proper way to use a Forum. I'll have to think about it. If I do go ahead next season, it won't be until all teams have blayed at least 7 or 8 matches.

Re: My Unders System Yep...again I can see where your coming from Palaceman but on a purely selfish note it would be a real shame for your devoted fans to miss out on your advice. It's the nature of the beast...but forums are full of people who look but don't contribute. As you say....it would be nice if they would just say "Hi and thanks" just to let you know that your appreciated (which I am sure you are by the way) BUT on the plus side at least you haven't got the "angry" poster who will slag off anyone and anything when things haven't quite gone according to plan!;) Dave

Re: My Unders System I can see what you mean, Palace. Speaking for myself I can say that I started following your Thread some 3-4 Weeks ago, since I have had a very long timeout of sports-betting and didn't really see how i could productively contribute to your thread. The few comments I made in other threads turned out to be quite obvious. Therefore I am always questioning myself whether my comments really CONtribute to threads or not ...

I can see what you mean, Palace. Speaking for myself I can say that I started following your Thread some 3-4 Weeks ago, since I have had a very long timeout of sports-betting and didn't really see how i could productively contribute to your thread. The few comments I made in other threads turned out to be quite obvious. Therefore I am always questioning myself whether my comments really CONtribute to threads or not ...
Do keep it up Palaceman, any system that returns a profit is worth doing. The small positive yield may by one reason why the replies aren't in great numbers. Have you considered tweaking your system to increase the profit, albeit with greater risk which as a punter I would prefer to see.

Re: My Unders System Thanks guys. Don't get me wrong. I'm not looking for lots of people to come on here to praise the results (although it's very nice when they do). I don't even mind people coming on here and offering constructive criticism - indeed, I welcome it, because it is worth giving thought to any comment made. I just feel that if people are taking, there should be some tiny bit of giving too, and anyone who regularly uses any thread should, at some point in the season, take the time to make a comment, whatever its content.

Do keep it up Palaceman, any system that returns a profit is worth doing. The small positive yield may by one reason why the replies aren't in great numbers. Have you considered tweaking your system to increase the profit, albeit with greater risk which as a punter I would prefer to see.
Thank you Rooker. I don't think a yield of over 10% can really be called "small". I haven't checked through all the other threads on here (and it's certainly not a competition) but I would doubt that any more than a small fraction better that. So I'm quite happy with the yield. Bear in mind what I said in the very opening thread - this was not a system aimed at spectacular profits, but one which would gradually accumulate a number of moderate profits. I'm also very happy - indeed flattered - by the number of replies I do get. and 36 different people have contributed to the thread in its short lifetime, which is in itself terrific. I just wish that a few other people who I know regularly use the thread, because I see their names down the bottom when I'm using it, would very occasionally come on here and give us their own insight. But I don't want this to grow into too big an issue. I'm very grateful for all the wonderful contributions I've had from the three dozen people. On your final point, I did actually tweak the system (after carrying out a lot of research) around Boxing Day. The net result was to slightly reduce the win ratio by including a few "more questionable" selections, but to compensate for that with a few higher prices. That slightly different approach was, by and large, successful. But I'm not sure I'd want to increase the riskier selections any further than the point that my intensive research suggested I should go to :ok

Re: My Unders System Hi PALACE, I have been following the thread with interest. I salute anyone who posts tips - but one of the battles for readers is to sort the wheat from the chaff. So I'll lurk on a few threads before trying to establish if there is any insight. There are many tipsters but all may not be ultimately worthwhile - it is punter beware. Your gentle writing style and profitable tips make this one of the higher grade threads.

Re: My Unders System Hi Palaceman, YOU did a very good job :ok Congratulation for the yield and thanks a lot for sharing your system with us :bignana I hope you will let us know your selections in the next season as soon as they are available. Thanks again and have a nice summer and a successful world cup. Greetings from Germany Brecki

Hi PALACE, I have been following the thread with interest. I salute anyone who posts tips - but one of the battles for readers is to sort the wheat from the chaff. So I'll lurk on a few threads before trying to establish if there is any insight. There are many tipsters but all may not be ultimately worthwhile - it is punter beware. Your gentle writing style and profitable tips make this one of the higher grade threads.
Thats a fair comment Dumyat. Wheat and chaff is definately the right analagy. Dave

Re: My Unders System Hi PALACEMAN, I too regularly visit this thread, not to follow your tips, more for inspiration actually...If you and others on here are able to find an "edge" over those pesky bookmakers, I too can believe that I just might be able to do the same :lol I certainly consider a yield of 10% over a season to be anything but small, and it is definitely one of the best systems I've seen. Overs and Unders is not really my thing, but that doesn't mean I'm not interested in seeing what can be done by someone else. In the same way, I don't bet on Muppet77's Corners system either...Corners and spread betting are not something I currently do, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate just how good it has been this year. Please continue to post your sytem picks for as long as you are able to. Like me, not everybody will follow them, but I would guess almost everybody will learn something positive from them.

Re: My Unders System I'm another of the "guilty" ones :spank. But this is a very common situation.... my own thread "Short-priced Home Favouites" has had over 16,500 views, but only 23 people have contributed to the discussion. As Addhesive said....

..... It's the nature of the beast...but forums are full of people who look but don't contribute.....
Anyway, well done on developing a consistent system that produces excellent yield. Here's to next season:beer

Re: My Unders System Well done on a great season palaceman . I have commented before so i am not one of the ones that have not commented . It would be such a shame to end the thread as many people follow this thread and i am sure often people make profit from you picks so keep that going . Once again well done and looking foward to your weekend picks .

Thanks for the very kind comments, guys. Having been at Watford v Palace last night, and seen two teams throw caution to the winds in search of a win, it's a risk carrying on for this season. But I will risk one final set of selections this weekend. I'm still in two minds whether to run the thread or not next season. To my mind, people who use a thread ought to, if only once, provide comments on it. I sometimes get a little miffed when I go on the thread and see the names of a few people using it at the bottom, who never contribute. I don't believe that is the proper way to use a Forum. I'll have to think about it. If I do go ahead next season, it won't be until all teams have blayed at least 7 or 8 matches.
Hi Palaceman, I put my hands up to your comment about people checking out your advice but not having the curtesy to add anything, I have been going round various forums and simply did not have the time, there was no disrespect intended, your results have been pretty impressive, hope you conyinue in the new season.:) :clap

Re: My Unders System Another one of the guilty ones checking in... :$ I do follow this thread but I haven't commented much largely because I'm not into Unders/Overs so I guess I don't have much to add, in terms of constructive criticism. No matter what, it's still a good system with more than 10% yield over 200 selections. So well done! :ok

Re: My Unders System I follow this thread not to ponce tips but in admiration and as a source of inspiration that hard work really can pay off. I never posted because, well, what's that saying about grandmothers doing something unspeakable with eggs? Keep it coming! (please)

......I never posted because' date=' well, what's that saying about grandmothers doing something unspeakable with eggs?.....[/quote'] What's wrong with referring to grandma sucking eggs?..... it's the same as people writing S****horpe instead of Scunthorpe... what's the problem ? ;)

What's wrong with referring to grandma sucking eggs?..... it's the same as people writing S****horpe instead of Scunthorpe... what's the problem ? ;)
Funnily enough, Grex, on the Palace fans website, if you try and type Scunthorpe (as I did recently) the anti-swearing software converts it to S****horpe when it appears :lol

Re: My Unders System The number of selections have reduced over the past few weeks. There are two reasons for this: 1. I made a couple of subtle alterations to the criteria a few weeks ago, anticipating that there would begin to be more goals as teams who would have settled for a draw, started to go in search of a win. The changes did reduce the number of choices, but have proved successful as we've had, I think, 5 winning weekends or midweeks on the trot. And I did monitor the matches I would have chosen had I not altered the criteria, and their inclusion would not, overall, have increased profitability. 2. As expected, teams have become more attacking, and this is reflected in Paul's ratings which form the backbone of my system, thus also resulting in fewer potential selections. Despite the above, I did have a few on the shortlist for this weekend, but then hit another obstacle. The bookies were offering particularly niggardly prices on my matches, and in most cases I could not obtain the value I require. If there is no value in the price, I don't make the bet. The result of all this is that, sadly, in this the last week of the system for the season, out of all the weekend's matches I only found one I could put forward :sad So, we'll all be watching out for this one to see if we end on a high: Portsmouth 1.86 (Betfair - commission already deducted in the price) :hope we end on a high.