** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Champions League » Sep 29

Djordje

Re: Champions League » Sep 29/30

Hey mate' date=' everything you have asked for is actually covered by people's comments in this thread so if you take a minute or two to read, you will find what you are looking for. [/quote'] Well then, in this case my opinion about Real vs Marseille doesn't count for you :lol Shame, it took me some time to write it :lol I read yours though, it is full of confidence about Real winning, but the suggestion take ''Real to win at 1,24 and Real - 1HCP at 1,72'' is exactly the kind of bet I am trying to avoid ( if betting singles ). If what you are suggesting is right then Real - 2,5 AH is more like it, and the odds are set well. If there is only a bit of truth in what I am saying, then Marseille + 2 AH is more like it, odds are still bad though - ergo, you are right for the moment as of the odds. There are many things I disagree with in your post about Real, I have a very strong feeling this coming Sunday will be a revelation for all Real-lovers, maybe not with the scoreline, but with the fact that Real are easy to penetrate if their forwards are frustrated earlier in the game. One thing we both agree though is a possible Goal/Goal option tomorrow. Odds skinny again.... GL

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League » Sep 29/30 AZ Alkmaar [email protected] sbobet i think the price dropped too much on this and now, there is no value to bet on standard anymore. I know that AZ is doing really poor at the moment but this could be a turning point for them tonight. Playing at home will give the players extra motivation to record their 1st win in this season. Besides, i wont rate belgium league higher than holland.

Re: Champions League » Sep 29/30 couple bets for me tonight 4-fold acca Man Utd to win V Wolfsburg @ 4/11 Arsenal to win V Olympiakos @ 1/4 Barcelona to win V Dynamo Kiev @ 1/8 Real Mardid to win V Marseille @ 1/4 reasons all strong at home, should have enough against weaker teams 5pts (£100) returns = £240 with corals and Barcelona V Dynamo Kiev- Zlatan Ibrahimovic to score 2 or more goals @ 9/2 reason he is on fire ATM, and i feel barca will score plenty tonight and hopefully Zlatan will get in on the action 3pts (£60) returns = £330 with hills Good Luck :hope

Re: Champions League » Sep 29/30 Team news from the Inter website incase anyone is interested. Inter: 12 Julio Cesar; 13 Maicon, 6 Lucio, 25 Samuel, 26 Chivu; 4 Zanetti, 19 Cambiasso, 5 Stankovic; 45 Balotelli; 9 Eto'o, 30 Mancini.
 Subs: 1 Toldo, 21 Orlandoni, 2 Cordoba, 7 Quaresma, 14 Vieira, 15 Krhin, 30 Mancini, 39 Santon. Rubin Kazan: 77 Ryzhikov; 9 Salukvadze, 76 Sharonov, 4 Cesar Navas, 3 Ansaldi; 15 Ryazantsev, 16 Noboa, 7 Semak, 61 Karadeniz; 10 Dominguez; 11 Bukharov.
 Subs: 29 Revishvili, 5 Bystrov, 23 Balyaikin, 24 Popov, 32 Gorbanets, 42 Murawski, 88 Kasaev.

Re: Champions League » Sep 29/30 seville away to rangers look an outstanding bet for my money. most people have given various reasons for why this is but another angle on it i've not seen metioned as yet is the auld firm game coming up on sunday. walter smith wont be taking any chances with any of his players who are either already carrying or who pick up slight knocks during the course of tonights game. weir and bougherra are also far from the quickest of players and weir in particular will struggle against kanoute when he puts the after burners on. add in a strong looking stnadard liege and wycombe v a pi$$ poor tranmere (i know it's not CL and i apologise for that) and you have a very tasty looking treble imo. GL all.

seville away to rangers look an outstanding bet for my money. most people have given various reasons for why this is but another angle on it i've not seen metioned as yet is the auld firm game coming up on sunday. walter smith wont be taking any chances with any of his players who are either already carrying or who pick up slight knocks during the course of tonights game. weir and bougherra are also far from the quickest of players and weir in particular will struggle against kanoute when he puts the after burners on. add in a strong looking stnadard liege and wycombe v a pi$$ poor tranmere (i know it's not CL and i apologise for that) and you have a very tasty looking treble imo. GL all.
Mentioned the Rangers - Celtic game on Sunday in my earlier post ;)

Re: Champions League » Sep 29/30 thanks for the detailed posts scotlandspunter, really good info! been lurking on the forums for about three months now and decided to take the plunge and register, some of the tips have been very useful. tonight i've got a four fold on Barca, Inter, Seville and Standard that i'm hopeful for - i think the bookies have seriously undervalued Seville's chances of winning, especially with Rangers' horrendous run in recent games. good luck all!

couple bets for me tonight 4-fold acca Man Utd to win V Wolfsburg @ 4/11 Arsenal to win V Olympiakos @ 1/4 Barcelona to win V Dynamo Kiev @ 1/8 Real Mardid to win V Marseille @ 1/4 reasons all strong at home, should have enough against weaker teams 5pts (£100) returns = £240 with corals and Barcelona V Dynamo Kiev- Zlatan Ibrahimovic to score 2 or more goals @ 9/2 reason he is on fire ATM, and i feel barca will score plenty tonight and hopefully Zlatan will get in on the action 3pts (£60) returns = £330 with hills Good Luck :hope
:lol Welcome back, Willibet.

Re: Champions League » Sep 29/30 Fiorentina v Liverpool A lot of emphasis is being placed on the missing players for both clubs here tonight with Fiorentina having their top goalscorer missing here in Gilardino, whilst Liverpool have Mascherano missing who has not been playing in the Liverpool side recently anyhow so it shouldn't really effect Liverpool. I would have to support my own here as we are playing extremely well and we always do well in Italy! I can see Liverpool winning here tonight by the odd goal! Predictions: Liverpool Win @2.00 Paddypower **** Scoreline: Liverpool to win 1 v 0 @6.50 Paddypower *** :ok

I don't rate Lyon stronger than Liverpool and Hungarian side "achieved" a respectable 0:1 away defeat against Merseysiders, I saw this match and was really surprised of their well organized defense and I am sure We will also see them doing well at home. If we futhermore take into consideration that Delgado, Boumsong, Bodmer, Anderson, Lisandro Lopez and Bastos will miss for this clash, it is obvious Lyon will probably play defensively 4-5-1 with Gomis as lonely wolf in front... Lyon is quite different team this year, with Juninhio & Benzema also their main offensive weapons are gone. They win their matches, but not like years before, when we saw even scoring them 4 goals away against Real Madrid biggrin.gif And with half of their offensive section missing, I can't see a goalfest here, Lyon will probably nick it 1:0... Under 2,5 goals @ 2,15 188bet for me with medium stakes smile.gif
Agreed that Debrecen looked well organised against Liverpool. But I thought that was mainly down to Liverpool not being at the races that night. They just weren't up for it. Debrecen shipped 4 goals to one of the weaker teams in the Hungarian league last week. So perhaps they are not so defensively strong as was thought. They were very lucky to get past Kalmar of Sweden in the first CL qualifying round also. Lyon destroyed a decent Anderlecht side both home and away in the qualifier. In my opinion Anderlecht are much stronger than Debrecen. I believe Lyon are a decent single at around 1/2. I reckon they will win 2-0 but think I will add them to a treble. Good luck tonight guys. :hope

Re: Champions League » Sep 29/30 Barcelona v Dynamo Kiev Barcelona will want to stamp their authority on the group in this game after a draw at the San Siro v Inter. The potential to gain a decent goal difference will be paramount to Barcelona and they can kick start the goal tally here tonight. Comparisons of how Shakhtar Donetsk played against Barcelona in the Super Cup should not even enter the equation here as Barcelona hadn't started their league yet and were very rusty! Tonight they have an advantage of match fitness and by all accounts Dynamo' main asset is their offensive play! If Dynamo decide to play open against Barcelona I can see them getting mauled. I can see no other result here than a comfortable win for Barcelona. Predictions: Barcelona -2 HCP @2.00 Paddypower **** Barcelona -3 HCP @3.33 Paddypower ** OVER 4.5 Goals @2.75 Paddypower *** Anytime Goalscorer: G Pique @9.00 ** Pique has scored in the last 2 games for Barcelona and likes to get forward especially at set pieces. :ok

Re: Champions League » Sep 29/30 one thing that am astonish that no one is taking into consideration in the liverpool match is that liverpool will play chelsea sunday at stamford bridge ant this may influence the outcome of this match today. liverpool will start the match trying to win it early but as time going i think the ll settle for a draw to keep it safe for sunday

Re: Champions League » Sep 29/30 Arsenal v Olympiakos I think Arsenal will get back to their wonderful free flowing best tonight against Olympiakos and get themselves in a decent position in the group. I expect Arsenal to put a few past the Greeks tonight especially at home where they do have a tendency to batter inferior opposition. Bendtner won't be a big miss for them here as they have so much quality throughout the team and the Greeks will be put to the sword here tonight. Predictions: Arsenal -2 @2.75 Paddypower *** Anytime Goalscorer: T Vermaelen @6.50 Paddypower ** 1st Goalscorer: T Vermaelen @17.00 Paddypower * Vermaelen is joint top scorer on 3 goals for Arsenal although 2 of his goals came against Wigan. He can register against a team who will have a hard time stopping Arsenal. :ok

I don't mean to be rude, but I wish people would avoid posting a list of massively odds-on home teams and teling us what a good bet they are as an accumulator. People can bet whatever they like, but do we really need to be "advised" that Liverpool at home to Burton Albion is a safe bet at 1/33? etc etc. If you're going to comment on the 99% likelihood matches, why not look for something a bit less obvious. "Kuyt has been in great form lately but had some bad luck in front of goal. I can see him getting on the score sheet today, worth a go at 7/4." This is an excellent forum, with some truly first-class opinion, expertise and knowledge, as well as bags of heartfelt passion. So let's please keep it that way, and keep the blatantly obvious posts to a minimum. No one needs to be told you get wet when it rains. Thanks
:clap :clap

Well then' date=' in this case my opinion about Real vs Marseille doesn't count for you :lol Shame, it took me some time to write it :lol I read yours though, it is full of confidence about Real winning, but the suggestion take ''Real to win at 1,24 and Real - 1HCP at 1,72'' is exactly the kind of bet I am trying to avoid ( if betting singles ). If what you are suggesting is right then [b']Real - 2,5 AH is more like it, and the odds are set well. If there is only a bit of truth in what I am saying, then Marseille + 2 AH is more like it, odds are still bad though - ergo, you are right for the moment as of the odds. There are many things I disagree with in your post about Real, I have a very strong feeling this coming Sunday will be a revelation for all Real-lovers, maybe not with the scoreline, but with the fact that Real are easy to penetrate if their forwards are frustrated earlier in the game. One thing we both agree though is a possible Goal/Goal option tomorrow. Odds skinny again.... GL
Hey mate! always great to hear another opinion, we are all here to help each other! Yes I am confident about a Real win (but I was confident about a Chelsea win v Wigan too :sad I just went back and read your post, thanks for the write up! I will probably give a covering bet on Marseille as well just to be sure :)

thanks for the detailed posts scotlandspunter, really good info! been lurking on the forums for about three months now and decided to take the plunge and register, some of the tips have been very useful. tonight i've got a four fold on Barca, Inter, Seville and Standard that i'm hopeful for - i think the bookies have seriously undervalued Seville's chances of winning, especially with Rangers' horrendous run in recent games. good luck all!
:welcome to PL. :ok I really can't stress enough, how you are dommed betting accumulators. :( If you really have to, bet some doubles, but any more than that and you're gifting the bookie long term. :sad

Re: Champions League » Sep 29/30 Well...i'm in a very bad mood right now :sad Inter and then Liverpool just killed me tonight :( Lost alot of cash,will think twice tommorow before placing any bets :unsure Didn't loose money for the past 5-6 weeks untill today...