** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League » Sep 29

Djordje

Tuesday 29 September 2009HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gifRubin Kazan v Internazionale (17:30 BST) 5.5 3.7 1.77 101.71 %
maximize.gifArsenal v Olympiakos (19:45 BST) 1.3 6 14.5 100.49 %
maximize.gifAZ Alkmaar v Standard de Liège (19:45 BST) 1.75 3.8 5.4 101.98 %
maximize.gifDebreceni VSC v Olympique Lyonnais (19:45 BST) 8 4.4 1.5 101.89 %
maximize.gifFC Barcelona v Dynamo Kyiv (19:45 BST) 1.16 8 17 104.59 %
maximize.gifFiorentina v Liverpool (19:45 BST) 4 3.45 2.01 103.74 %
maximize.gifRangers v Sevilla (19:45 BST) 3.4 3.35 2.25 103.71 %
maximize.gifUnirea Urziceni v VfB Stuttgart (19:45 BST) 4.2 3.45 2.01 102.55 %
Wednesday 30 September 2009HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gifCSKA Moscow v Besiktas JK (17:30 BST) 1.75 3.6 5 104.92 %
maximize.gifAC Milan v FC Zürich (19:45 BST) 1.22 6.75 15 103.30 %
maximize.gifAPOEL v Chelsea (19:45 BST) 11 5 1.36 102.42 %
maximize.gifFC Bayern München v Juventus (19:45 BST) 2.11 3.3 3.9 103.34 %
maximize.gifFC Porto v Atlético Madrid (19:45 BST) 2.1 3.4 3.8 103.35 %
maximize.gifGirondins de Bordeaux v Maccabi Haifa (19:45 BST) 1.36 5.2 11.5 101.26 %
maximize.gifManchester United v VfL Wolfsburg (19:45 BST) 1.42 4.5 8.4 104.55 %
maximize.gifReal Madrid v Olympique Marseille (19:45 BST) 1.31 5.5 11.5 103.21 %

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League » Sep 29/30 Barca v D.Kiev I remember this 2 teams in CL 1997/1998 with young Sheva and Rebrov...Golden age of Dynamo Kiev...they humiliated Barca 4-0...Barca's fans left stadium even before match ended.That was bigest shock in Europe then :) Barca 0-4 Dynamo Kiev http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99cYwNQBenI&feature=related D.Kiev 3-0 Barca http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TFk5ioB_AE Don't think this will happen again :lol Odds on Barca at home are too low so i think over 2.5 goals is the most likely result as both teams have players who can score and i don't see Dynamo will just sit back and watch Barca palying. Also Sheva was injured yesterday,don't know if he will be ready for this match but even without him Dynamo should look ok in attack. I expect Aliev back for this match as he recovered from his injury.

Re: Champions League » Sep 29/30

While you'd expect Inter to be favourites against Rubin, the home side are no mugs and 9/2 for the Russian champions does look a little large. I watched Inter a few times in last seasons competition and was never overly impressed by them. A speculative one but Rubin going well in their own league and while I wouldn't back against the 4 english teams or Real/Barca in this competition, a few of the second tier teams could be worth taking on.
As i said before there is big diference between form in Russian league and CL games.I don't think Rubin is physicly and psychologicly ready for the CL.They lost to Dynamo already,then lost at home to Amkar...now Inter...Players are tired and morale should be low.The only reason why Rubin is doing well in Russia is because other teams are doing bad :lol Just give CSKA,Spartak,Lokomotiv and Zenit a bit more time and they will wipe Rubin out from top 3. Inter have huge expirience in CL games.Afer 0-0 against Barca and loose to Sampdoria i think they will be fcuking angry and Rubin will get it all :lol Inter all they way for me :ok

As i said before there is big diference between form in Russian league and CL games.I don't think Rubin is physicly and psychologicly ready for the CL.They lost to Dynamo already,then lost at home to Amkar...now Inter...Players are tired and morale should be low.The only reason why Rubin is doing well in Russia is because other teams are doing bad :lol Just give CSKA,Spartak,Lokomotiv and Zenit a bit more time and they will wipe Rubin out from top 3. Inter have huge expirience in CL games.Afer 0-0 against Barca and loose to Sampdoria i think they will be fcuking angry and Rubin will get it all :lol Inter all they way for me :ok
Yeah the more I think about this one I'll agree with you but did expect Inter's odds to be better. Celtic played Dinamo Moscow in the qualifying and beat them comfortably in Russia and the home side were very poor on that occasion.

Re: Champions League » Sep 29/30 Tuesday Inter - If they want to win the Champions League they cannot lose this match. Same with the match at Dinamo Kyiv, because the trip to Barcelona may not be as lucky as the home leg was. So Inter has to beat Dynamo and Rubin home and away to ensure twelve points. Dynamo are already ahead of Inter in the standings. Inter MUST WIN. This is a pretty big price for the Italian champions who are extremely motivated to do well. Rubin did not impress, losing at home to Amkar who are rooted near the bottom of the league. Sevilla - Ibrox is a scary place to play, but Sevilla's away win at Athletic will have boosted their confidence sky-high = the San Mames stadium is also very intimidating but Sevilla ran out 4-0 winners over one of the form teams of La Liga, underlining the quality in this team. The power in the attacking third of Sevilla are very strong - Rangers don't have nearly as much attacking prowess and will rely on the break. But Sevilla's defence and 'keeper haven't conceded in three matches, home and away, League and Champions League. Barcelona -1 - Self explanatory - Barcelona will be keen to rack up a big win after the draw against Inter. Goal difference counts in this group, and especially Ibra will be keen to prove that he can do well in the CL. Arsenal -1 - Olympiakos have looked out of sorts and unmotivated, and having lost their coach on the eve of the CL campaign, the club is in a bit of a crisis. Nevertheless it's still Olympiakos - always a good team. But Arsenal is much better, I'll wager, more than 1 goal better, with the return to form of Fabregas, as well as the return of Walcott and Arshavin. When Rosicky is fully match fit and Nasri is back, the attacking power of Arsenal will be a sight to see. And the 1-0 away victory at Fulham showed the team can defend, keep clean sheets and grind out the win. "1-0 to the Arsenal!!"

Bordeaux looked really good tonight so maybe could add them in a accumulator or something as odds so low
Haifa is really not CL material, at least one class difference here, I saw their first home match against Bayern, and I really don't know how this team entered group stage... I can't even remember Bordeaux dropping points at home, should be sometimes last season...First match draw result against Juve showed what we could expect of this team around superstar Gourcuff this season. He was expected to be rested against Rennes today, but played, Wendel also was questionable and scored winning goal. I expect both starting in Wednesday's CL Clash. Pinnacle offers amazing Bordeaux AH -1,5 @ 1,96, I will take them with big thx , over 2,5 goals @ 1,93 IMO also worth a shot. I am sure we won't see those odds anymore at kick-off...

Re: Champions League » Sep 29/30 I don't mean to be rude, but I wish people would avoid posting a list of massively odds-on home teams and teling us what a good bet they are as an accumulator. People can bet whatever they like, but do we really need to be "advised" that Liverpool at home to Burton Albion is a safe bet at 1/33? etc etc. If you're going to comment on the 99% likelihood matches, why not look for something a bit less obvious. "Kuyt has been in great form lately but had some bad luck in front of goal. I can see him getting on the score sheet today, worth a go at 7/4." This is an excellent forum, with some truly first-class opinion, expertise and knowledge, as well as bags of heartfelt passion. So let's please keep it that way, and keep the blatantly obvious posts to a minimum. No one needs to be told you get wet when it rains. Thanks

Re: Champions League » Sep 29/30 Real Madrid on the handicap looks good - this is the first CL home game with the new squad and as we all know, winning the CL was the reason this squad was put together. Everybody will be raring to go and with raucous home support I can't see anything more likely than Real to cover the handicap, especially after Marseille's poor showing in losing to modest Valenciennes. Bordeaux should win at home to Maccabi - they know they've got a tough group and have got to pick up points in these games because otherwise it'll be very hard to beat Juve and Bayern (despite the draw with Juve) Chelsea look a good bet, simply because APOEL actually has quite weak home form, Chelsea have a full squad more or less with Joe Cole returning, and best of all, they got beat 3-1 at the weekend by Wigan = can't think of better motivation to rage up against APOEL and come away with a morale boosting win. Anybody's thoughts? edit: sorry if this is an obvious post about odds-on teams :unsure

Re: Champions League » Sep 29/30 Sevilla 6/5 looks very tempting to me. Good win away Vs Bilbao and the side in from with goals coming not just from Fabiano for once. Rangers is never an easy game but overall quality of Sevilla i see coming through this i was expecting 4/5 or 4/6 on Sevilla so 6/5 i will be taking. GL

Re: Champions League » Sep 29/30 I really like the look of Standard Liege away to AZ Alkmaar on Tuesday. Apart from losing to the Arse, they're unbeaten this year, including 5 away games, and are scoring plenty. In contrast, Alkmaar just lost their 3rd ganme in a row to Utrecht, so confidence is bound to be low. The 7/2 for the away win with Paddy Power looks huge to me, although I have been adopting a very cautious betting approach of late, so will probably opt for the 10/11 for an SL win or draw. GL to all.

Re: Champions League » Sep 29/30 Arsenal - OLY match screams to be played in O/U way, Arsenal at home is always a tough place, when Wenger as usually fields a strong starting team, we will see them scoring with ease in their tight stadium in front of fanatic crowds. For guest teams its nearly impossible not to concede, but this year Arsenal's defense offered also many opportunities to score against, too. Expect here smth like 3:1 result. Pinnacle offers over 3 goals @ 2,08 smile.gif

Re: Champions League » Sep 29/30 Not sure yet, but Bayern and Porto seem to be good home win bets on Wednesday. Respectively, their opponents, Juventus and Atletico Madrid, haven't been completely convincing. I am also a little curious about Liverpool's odds against Fiorentina. Liverpool should probably be favoured but I think 1.85 - 2.00 is somewhat short. Out of the 16 CL matches this round there are 8 big favourites with odds below 1.50. All of these favourites MAY just win and some MAY cover various handicaps. But, at this level I would stay away from such bets. If one takes the straight win the odds are so low that the bet is only of use in an accm. and just one stumble can ruin the accm. Handicap bets on the favourites present a great danger as we saw in Atletico's and Liverpool's results last round. The dogs often choose to park the bus in front of the goal line and the favourite simply can't get the ball through. So, I would look for bets in the other eight matches or for upsets of the big favourites. Just my two cents.....

Re: Champions League » Sep 29/30 The odds on standard are looking really crazy, as mentioned before. AZ lost their last 4 matches, and football analysists have already written them off for the championship in the eredivisie this year. Its not a sure thing, but to see these crazy prices on Standard ..(dont know what the bookies base this on, but imo its not correct to give AZ such a relatively low price) Might be a good bet if u want to bump up your accy with a big quote, or just as singles. I myself will wait for some news though, but will put this in an accy at least.

i think wolfsburg are highly underrated with odds of 8.5. i think with the partnership of dzeko and graffite up front and with creative midfielder misimovic they will be a force in attack. i think wolfsburg will win
You're aware this game is in England, right? Haven't United lost maybe one game at home in the Champs League in the past six years or something like that? Good luck mate, I think you're really going to need it!

Re: Champions League » Sep 29/30 Rubin - After a great run in RPL now Russian champion experiences the downstream. Although they do not have many injuries or squad problems, now they look much worse, than a month ago. Situation is not very good in the team: 2 lost matches in a row (Kiev and at home vs Amkar), bad mood and first CL match at home against Italian giant. Even Jose says he will be satisfied with a draw, I do not think they will go back home with just a point. Kiev is a real concurent for 1-2 place in the group, so they have to take all three points in Kazan. Rubin is without big support of the hot fanclub of them, because russian police arrested them without any reason and abused in the style they usually do, it worsenes the overall situation around this game and dicreases home side chances imo. Info about fans issues: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.euro-football.ru/news/shownews.php3%3Fnum%3D126176

Re: Champions League » Sep 29/30 Have to agree on Standard Liege 7/2 is just far to big. AZ not in great form , Standard gave arsenal a good run for their money and just for the price its worth a bet. I don't undertstand why this is priced so big...the bookies are rarley wrong so well watch and see. Fingers crossed.

Have to agree on Standard Liege 7/2 is just far to big. AZ not in great form , Standard gave arsenal a good run for their money and just for the price its worth a bet. I don't undertstand why this is priced so big...the bookies are rarley wrong so well watch and see. Fingers crossed.
I think bookies have priced it up like they have for AZ is because AZ Alkmaar have only lost once at home in Europe in 33 matches, but they are in the Uefa Cup, not the Champions League.

Re: Champions League » Sep 29/30 Not taking anything away from the demolition job that Liverpool have performed in recent weeks against various teams but I cannot help but think that their price of Evens against Fiorentina is an overreaction. Lets keep things in perspective. The five teams that Liverpool have beaten all languish in the bottom half of the Premier table and two of them are firmly in the relegation zone. It is not so long ago that Liverpool huffed and puffed to a modest home win against the Hungerians and they were also firmly put in their place by Villa and Spurs. So why are Fiorentina insulted with such quotes. They are unbeaten at home where they have yet to concede a goal. A loss to Lyon in round 1 was no disgrace. Sure Muttu is out of form and Gillardino is suspended but we are talking about a team from Serie A with form figures of 4-1-1. Liverpool will be without Mascherano and Benayoun which may not weaken the starting X1 so much but the bench will be be looking rather weak. I accept that an away win is very possible but I will be happy to lay them for a reasonable amount at that price. Lay Liverpool @ Evens

Re: Champions League » Sep 29/30 Unirea Urziceni vs Stuttgart 1X :1.75 For me this is the best bet for tommorow considering Stuttgart is not that great as they seem to. They already played in the qual against Poli Timisoara from Romania and they were lucky to take the points after a refferee mistake giving a free penalty kick, and then back home they only made 0-0. Well Unirea practice quit same style as Timisoara , solid defence and eficient counter-attack, but the diffrence is made by the coach and players, better ones. In first leg at Sevilia Unirea played realy good and only a perfect strike from 16 m of Fabiano in the last seconds of first half made the diffrence.Second half Sevilia managed to score one more time but Unirea realy kept them with high blood tension. I see an under 1.5 match and i can push the limit to corect score 1-0 or 0-0. So i will definetly take the 1X at 1.75 and under 1.5 at 3.45 Unibet. GL

Not taking anything away from the demolition job that Liverpool have performed in recent weeks against various teams but I cannot help but think that their price of Evens against Fiorentina is an overreaction. Lets keep things in perspective. The five teams that Liverpool have beaten all languish in the bottom half of the Premier table and two of them are firmly in the relegation zone. It is not so long ago that Liverpool huffed and puffed to a modest home win against the Hungerians and they were also firmly put in their place by Villa and Spurs. So why are Fiorentina insulted with such quotes. They are unbeaten at home where they have yet to concede a goal. A loss to Lyon in round 1 was no disgrace. Sure Muttu is out of form and Gillardino is suspended but we are talking about a team from Serie A with form figures of 4-1-1. Liverpool will be without Mascherano and Benayoun which may not weaken the starting X1 so much but the bench will be be looking rather weak. I accept that an away win is very possible but I will be happy to lay them for a reasonable amount at that price. Lay Liverpool @ Evens
I think it's due to the face that Serie A is of a very poor standard, presently. The best team by miles is Inter, and I think all our sides would see them off with no problems, so I would be inclined to think there's an evens chance of 'Pool being fine.

Re: Champions League » Sep 29/30 Yes i have found some news for Olympiakos - They will be missing attacking midfielder Luciano Galletti and English striker Matt Derbyshire, formerly of Blackburn Rovers; both are injuried. Arsenal -1.5 @ 1.80