** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League » Sep 29

Djordje

Re: Champions League » Sep 29/30

Good afternoon fellas.... I'v been away on some business over the last couple of days so not really had a chance to look into the CL matches....now I am annoyed I havent as I would have put a serious bet on Sevilla at quoted odds of around 2.2 to win in Glasgow this evening. As it stands they are currently 1.9 (Bet365) and Ill still be putting a serious bet on this. Rangers V Sevilla - Sevilla win @ 1.9 (Bet365) Rangers go into this Champions League tie on the back of a run of form which has seen them win 1 game of their last 5, even this win was a struggle last week in the League Cup against division one side Queen of the South, in which the underdogs should have scored at least 2 goals. Thier recent form has seen them draw their last 3 league games and the good draw in Germany last round of CL against Stuttgart. They cant seem to score goals and thier best attacking player recently has been Bougerra (A center half who has to go on runs from defence to start an attack). Rangers strikers IMO are some of the worst that have been at the club in recent years, Novo is no where near consistant enough, Miller again doesnt find the net nearly enough times to say he is CL level and Kris Boyd only seems to score against the weaker oppositions. Rangers are going through somewhat of a transitional stage at the moment with David Murray wanting to sell the club and a new chairman has now been brought in. At the moment I just cant see how this side can be competitive in the CL. Another point to note is that Rangers have a MASSIVE derby match against league leaders Celtic on Sunday. If Celtic win we will go 7 points clear at the top of the league, so although this match against Sevilla is important IMO the one on Sunday will mean more to the Ibrox faithful and the players. Doesnt come much tougher for a team like Rangers tonight, they face a world class team, who unlike Barcelona are alot more pohysical and direct and I really cant see the Spaniards having a problem in getting the three points tonight in Glasgow....as has been mentioned earlier in the thread Sevilla are on a good run of form and I think they continue that tonight. From a personal point of view I want to see Sevilla win as me and some mates made a good connections with alot of them, not only through Celtic playing Porto in the Uefa cup final in Sevilla but also I went down to the final in Hamden when Sevilla were playing and thier fans were absolutely tremendous. Great club, Great supporters.....Vamos mi Sevilla :cheers:cheers Sevilla to win even @ 1.9 is a gift in my opinion. I am going to double this up with another bet this evening..... Arsenal V Olympiakos - Arsenal (-1) to win @ 1.66 Much of the important facts surrounding this game have been almost professionally covered by some punters earlier in the thread so well done for that :clap:clap Arsenal should have too much for the Greeks tonight, with Arshavin, Rosicky, Fabregas, Walcott (making his return so possibly from the bench) providing great service to RVP and Eduardo up front, I can see the gunners continuing their good form with a comfortable win against the Greek outfit tonight, perhapds 2-0, 3-1. GL everyone :hope:hope
Delighted with that tonight, got some good profits :nana:nana Vamos Mi Sevillllla :clap:clap

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Tuesday's matches: Rubin Kazan - Inter: Inter Win @ 1.77 (Betfair) 10/10 Kazan are ok, but Inter's roster is a class above and they arguably have one of the best coaches in football. Furthermore, Inter should be 100% focused given the draw with Barca. A slip from Inter here could spell trouble for qualification to the next round since CSSKA won against Rubin and is probably going to do the job against Besiktas. Kazan may score, but I think Inter will have more in them. Look for Inter to take it 1-2. Fiorentina - Liverpool: Liverpool Win @ 2.14 (Betfair) 10/10 I was initially wondering if Liverpool were short in this match, but further consideration tells me they should win. Fiorentina are doing ok in Serie A, but their opposition has been far inferior to Liverpool and tonight Gillardino is suspended which should really compromise their offense. Liverpool hasn't dropped points since August 29 (loss to Villa 1-3). They haven't been as convincing as some would expect, but they are doing the job. The 6-1 thrashing of Hull and Torres' three goals may also indicate that their scoring may have kicked in for good. I think it will be tight since Fiorentina will play as such and Liverpool won't necessarily take any huge risks. I expect a 0-1 win for Liverpool. Rangers - Seville: Seville Win @ 1.95 (Totesport) 10/10 Seville is on a 5 game unbeaten streak (4 Premiera and 1 CL match). The Rangers have stumbled with three draws in Scotland Premier. The hosts couldn't defeat Aberdeen over the weekend and I just can't understand how they are going to get anything against a top Spanish team that is faster and scores goals comfortably. In sum, the Rangers just don't have the depth in their squad to deal with a top team from a League that is light years better than the Scottish Premier. I think Seville will take care of business with a 0-2 score. Best of luck everyone :hope
Not a very good night...:sad Inter's result was a bit unfortunate. I watched the match and they weren't that bad. The red card probably made the difference. If CSSKA do their job against Besiktas tomorrow Inter has some thinking to do about qualification to the next round.... Liverpool's match I didn't watch, but I suspect they really didn't turn up.... Seville took care of business and chopped Rangers and thankfully reduced the losses. Tomorrow is another day.....

couple bets for me tonight 4-fold acca Man Utd to win V Wolfsburg @ 4/11 :hope Arsenal to win V Olympiakos @ 1/4 YAYAYA :clap Barcelona to win V Dynamo Kiev @ 1/8 YAYAYA :clap Real Mardid to win V Marseille @ 1/4 :hope reasons all strong at home, should have enough against weaker teams 5pts (£100) returns = £240 with corals and Barcelona V Dynamo Kiev- Zlatan Ibrahimovic to score 2 or more goals @ 9/2 reason he is on fire ATM, and i feel barca will score plenty tonight and hopefully Zlatan will get in on the action 3pts (£60) returns = £330 with hills - WHAT A DONKEY :wall Good Luck :hope
NOT A BAD NIGHT, HOME MAN UTD AND REAL BRING IT HOME 2MOZ

Not a very good night...:sad Inter's result was a bit unfortunate. I watched the match and they weren't that bad. The red card probably made the difference. If CSSKA do their job against Besiktas tomorrow Inter has some thinking to do about qualification to the next round.... Liverpool's match I didn't watch, but I suspect they really didn't turn up.... Seville took care of business and chopped Rangers and thankfully reduced the losses. Tomorrow is another day.....
Thats a different group mate, the other two teams in that group are Barca and Dynamo Kiev.