US Open First Round

Agreed Yeah my thoughts exactly Jeffers. I see youve gone for the double at bet365...myself I have plumped for singles on both at betfair because the odds were just too good to resist in comparison to the bookies. If they both oblige with the 3 set victories im back to level on this US Open so i want these to work even more than usual. Good luck jeffers mate :drums :nana

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rooneymagic

Agreed I was just looking at the Hewitt/Roddick double myself and you guys have convinced me.I need to win back the fiver i lost on moya the other day:spank They both look like nailed on wins to me but i will just go for the win my heart can't take too much more after Henman last night.I went big on Kiefer managed to win some back on Henman for the third set in-running then luckily Kiefer retired(thank you Bet365).All bets void:D

ooh I said id leave it there didnt I? Well I jus noticed that the odds on the 3-0 have ever so slightly RISEN at Betfair to 1.58 so Ive stuck the profit I won from the Hewitt 3-0 earlier on it as well. That gives me one big bet on the Roddick 3-0, I really really do hope it comes in :unsure Hes beaten Robredo in straight sets 6 times out of 6, lets hope this makes it 7 out of 7! :clap

Woohoo! Hehe nice post Jeffers! :lol A-ROD ROOOOOOOCCCCCKKKKKKSSSSS! :nana :nana Yeah that puts me into profit for the US Open with my biggest bet ive ever placed on the Tennis (marginally behind the bet laying the Federer 3-0 against Hewitt at Wimbledon. Roddicks even more my favourite player now. Congrats to those on the Under 30 games also cos it went a few under at 27. Special congrats to Jeffers who I think also just picked up £500 off the floor I believe :cheers

Re: Woohoo! Bit less than that MM, as I had a minor indiscretion on Henin. Still, it wasn't much less ;) I'm actually a bit miffed because I should have had a massive bet on the 3-0 double but kind of chickened out to make sure of the winner. Still, can't complain at free cash |I

Re: Woohoo! Roger Federer to beat Andre Agassi 1.40 betfair A short price but a certain winner IMO, I wont hide my dislike for Andre, I thnik he should have retired last year instead of prolonging a career where he still seems to believe he can win a grand slam when he cant, he might still be able to take out Sargsian etc but there is no way in the world I can see him taking Roger Federer out, Federer has had a few days rest and I can see him climing all over Agassi's 1st serve let alone his second. Federer is a class above any player on the circuit and 1.40 represents very good value to beat anyone on the circuit, especially a guy on the verge of retirement. ;)

agassi So Jeffers you think Agassi is the favourite here then....? The roddick 35 or under looks good, could even have a couple of tiebreaks in there and still work. Im gonna leave it I think cos Im not sure how good Johansson is serving but it could be very good as he has many aces and then there could be problems with roddick returning.

Re: US Open First Round Wouldn't touch under 35 with a bargepole. JJ's serve is very very good and could easily take a set from Roddick, certainly should be a couple of breakers. I don't think Agassi is favourite, no way, but he's overpriced IMO at 3.25 (3.50 Betfair). He's playing well, and is a fit as he's ever been - don't let Matt convince you he's past his best - he has some kind of vendetta against Andre :lol

yeah JJ's serve was my reservation on this. The reason why I said you think Agassi is favourite is cos you said he shouldnt be over 1.67 which is odds on. I presume you must have meant 2.67. Im tempted to have a tipple on Agassi on your advice but I think I'll leave it and just enjoy the game. By the way when is the game will it still be today dyou think? Also isnt backing Agassi at tens for winning the whole tounry better than backing him to beat Fed? If Agassi does win this game you can be guaranteed his odds will go 2/1 or sumthing and youd be able to lay off for a great profit.

Hewitt v Haas Like Hewitt, here. Yet to drop a set, and though Haas has been good, he struggled to beat Sanguinetti in the first round after being 2-0 up. Hewitt -1 set is 1.70 at Unibet, which is tremendous value, I think. 1.67 at Betfair. It was 1.75 at Unibet yesterday, but has been clipped.

Re: Hewitt v Haas

Like Hewitt, here. Yet to drop a set, and though Haas has been good, he struggled to beat Sanguinetti in the first round after being 2-0 up.
Fluff, the Sanguinetti match is completely irrelevant - how much do you really think it affects the outcome of this match? Particularly seeing as though Haas won that match :\

US Open First Round More importantly, Haas had a very, very narrow escape trailing Berdych for the whole first set and only after he survived three Berdych's set points in tie break, the match was decided as Berdych was absolutely out of concentration after blowing that clear chance (even an easy volley in the last set point). If Haas leaves an opportunity like this for Hewitt, he'll be destroyed in no time at all.

Haas My my, Jeffers, you really are on my back. The relevance of the Sanguinetti match (and Berdych as Tlenos points out), is that Haas has had drops in his level of play throughout the tournament, despite coming through impressivley for the most part. Didn't think Hewitt would let him get away with it. He hasn't so far (only one set played). Do you allow new people on this forum, or do you just nitpick every post they make until they go away?