US Open First Round

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: US Open First Round couple of bets for me. Henman to beat Kiefer 2.56. This is a price based on a injury and according to Tim the injury isnt that bad at all and it will be a hot day so will help it, Tim has the H2H over Kiefer and this is the furthest Kiefer has got in a grand slam for a few years now. This is starting to remind me of the Chela V Henman french open quarter final match now where Henman price drifts all day. Henman has more overall tennis ability than Kiefer and providing he isnt too badly injured I expect him to win tonight. Davenport to beat V Williams. 1.68 Nothing much really to explain here, simply a player who id in the form of her life agaisnt a player who is probably in the worsed form of her life, Id be amazed if Venus won this match.:\

Guest sitoatic

Sargsian - Agassi Hi men! What do you think about a handicap +2.5 sets for Sargsian @2.25? If he wins a set, bet won. Can Sargis Sargsian win a set to Agassi? Thank you for your opinions.:hat Kind Regards.

Re: Sargsian - Agassi sito, In a word, no. IMO, Agassi will run Sargisian round the cort all day long, and seeing as Sarg has been on court for over 10 hours this week, he will be very tired. I reckon it will be 3-0. I just layed off on Kiefer btw @ 1.57 to secure a small profit.

US Open First Round Re the Agassi match - 3 H2Hs and all of them 2-0 for Agassi. On the other hand, if I am not mistaken, Agassi and Sargsian are very, very good friends (the question is how much this may matter) AND more importantly after watching Agassi playing Novak - it was not Agassi who won the match, but rather Novak who lost it. Another good point for historians - if Federer wins today, he will break fifteen year old Lendl's record of won/lost matches in one season. An Agassi + Federer double should be free money, imo. AND - not after eventing, just a comment how the "lemmings" over-react - I was able to back Henman @ 3.50 in the first match and lay him off @ 1.90 just BEFORE tie-break. Hmmm.

Guest CJ Mars

Re: US Open First Round Hiya Tulenos Not sure where you’re getting your stats but according to my records (going back to 1997) Agassi has beaten Sargisan 5 times twice dropping a set (once on carpet and once on hardcourt). I bet on Agassi on the outrights but I’ll be laying him off before he hits the Fed Express based on what I’ve seen of him versus both Mayer and Novak.

US Open First Round Sorry CJ Mars - I just had a glance @ matchstat.com - their tennis section, and what I got was exactly three two setters, all won by Agassi to nil. Maybe I'll have to look for another site. Would you mind telling me your reliable source?;) Seems I have been a bit quick as another lay off on Henman was matched @ 1.70 after Henman won his serve in the third (he is about to break Kiefer's serve now). Still amazed how much overreaction is involved in live betting. :)

Guest nobasooto

Hate henman games.. I f**king hate Henman games.. I should have listened to myself and stayed away from this one - lol I backed Kiefer last night.. and panicked when Henman started his mad come back.. and layed him off.. then backed Henman.. hoping to lay him off later to break even, which I've now done. All this effort to break even.. fook! I will never ever ever bet on a Henman game again in my life. Unless he gets to a Wimbledon final! :loon

Guest CJ Mars

Re: Hate henman games.. www.atptennis.com/en/images/90x120/playerstats/nophoto.gif I generally use the ATP official site Tulenos if I'm not sure of something. Its 6-0 according to that site. I have my own database that I've worked on for a while useing ATP stats and from Tennis Corner and Steve G's tennis. I said 5-0 Agassi becuase I haven't all 1997 results added to my database yet and there was a game in 1997 between the two of them. Personally not sure what a game played that long ago's relevance is mind :)

Void Bets Void bets are becoming very common the past few days after the Spain vs Scotland match on Wednesday! My Bet was places with Bet365. 50pts at odds of 6/5. I am slightly annoyed at this as it was well into the final set and with the game at 3-0 Keifer obviously decided that he should just retire! I have emailed them to ask

Re: Void Bets No way you'd get paid, I am afraid - the following is the extract from B365 rules re tennis "Match betting, including in-running Players paired together in a match are each priced to win. In the event of a match starting but not being completed, all bets will be void, unless after the start of the match a player is disqualified, in which case the player progressing to the next round will be deemed the winner." Rules are rules.

Henman My understanding is that any bet WILL stand, they usually stand if the 1st set has been completed. I wish i was wrong cos i backed Kiefer! Its official I am NEVER betting on a Henman game EVER EVER again! :lol Seriously though im not, ive backed him twice and hes lost, and this time I opposed him and yes he won. Abolsutely standard. Not having a great US Open at all myself. Congrats to Jeffers who laid off wisely for a small profit and to Matt for backing Henman :ok

Set bets Im interested in betting on 3-0 scorelines in both the Roddick and Hewitt games tomorrow. On Betfair you can get 1.5 and 1.6 respectively. The bookies go 1.36/1.33 on these. Roddick has faced Robredo on 6 occasions, three in 5 set games. Everytime he has come out in straight sets, surely this is a great bet? Opinions welcome, (Jeffers?). Also Hewitt has won 16 of his last 19 matches in straight sets inc. all 3 in this tourny so far. Against Beck he hasnt got a strong opponent. These seem great value to me, whatdya reckon?

Set bets I bloody well hope they both win tomorrow for you mate, ill be rooting for them extra :ok Though to be honest I cant seem them both not winning. I think just out of a matter of principle I have to bet on the 3-0 to Roddick. I mean 6 wins all in straight sets v Robredo, it should be 1.2 or sumthing in regards to those stats. And then with Hewitt as well I cant see an average player like Beck even getting close, im gonna have to do em both for the 3-0! :lol Damn it I hope they reproduce their form from the earlier rounds :cheers

Re: Set bets Having looked very deep into the form (didn't need to to know they were going to actually win the matches)...and now seeing Roddick is scheduled under lights, I'm convinced neither opponent can take a set. Beck isn't good enough, and hewitt is flying. Robredo is good enough, but under lights at the US Open and particularly this year, Roddick is just a machine, unstoppable. The odds on Betfair are ridiculous, perticularly on Roddick 1.62 :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek - I make that one a 1.20 shot at most, really :loon