** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Europa League Qualifiers 25th - 27th Aug

Re: Europa League Qualifiers 25th - 27th Aug

for the defence of rapid! ried is one of the best teams in austria when they play @ home! they lost only 1 match from the last 25! in homestadium! and @ parndorf they played with 2nd lineup! i think it will be a though game tonight between aston and rapid. if rapid survives the first 30 minutes without a goal they will draw this game! so rapid vienna +1 @ 2.90 (bet365)
I'm guessing you're from Austria? :welcome to PL mate. I watched the Anniversary game in pre-season when Vienna beat Liverpool 1-0 and i was really impressed. I hope tonight they can weather the storm because if Carew and Heskey start upfront it could be tough. But i'm hoping Vienna get that vital away goal and shut up shop. Will be a great game.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Europa League Qualifiers 25th - 27th Aug ya im from austria :D and rapid played much better then the other austrian clubs in the qualify so i guess they have the best chances from all austrian teams. the new strikers from rapid trimmel and konrad are in a very good shape! one of them scored in the last 6 games i think..

Re: Europa League Qualifiers 25th - 27th Aug hard to say they have good chances to go to next round but i wont bet on it.. austria is in good shape to (they won last game vs sturm graz away!) odds are crap for +0,5 and everything else is waste of money in my eyes

Re: Europa League Qualifiers 25th - 27th Aug Everton @ 2.16 (pinnacle) Everton have a 4 goal lead from the first leg and should have n proiblem qualifying for the next round. They have several players out injured which means that their squad is starting to thin itself out and they will not want to risk playing too many youngsters in this game. They have travelled with a pretty solid squad and the return of Yakubu should see him get plenty for game time for him to build up his fitness. Look to the toffees to win this one as even if they play young players like Rodwell, they have shown that they are players with potential and willing to go out there and prove they are capable Ajax @ 1.98 (pinnacle) Ajax cruised through the first leg to win 5-0 and even though they may rest some of their players, hard to see Slovan Bratislava pick themselves up for this game as their recent results are quite poor and saw their coach resign. Reports suggest that Ajax have travelled with a fairly strong squad so they should have plenty of talent to beat a demoralised team Dinamo Zagreb @ 2.24 (pinnacle) Dinamo comprehensively outplayed the Scots at home to win 4-0 and are reported to be fielding a strong side for this game to obtain some points for coefficient in Europe. They have some good players in their squad who will be looking to impress some scouts to possibly get themselves a transfer to an English club over the border. Hearts did nothing to suggest they can draw or win this game Aston Villa -1 (EH) @ 1.83 (centrebet) Villa are down 1-0 after the first leg but will come into this game with confidence and momentum after their big win over Liverpool on the weekend. They should field a strong side as they need to win by two goals to go into the next round as they should be able to use the width of the park to exploit the pace of Young and Agbonlahor to cause plenty of problems for the Rapid defence

I personally think Heerenveen have a decent chance of wining today.Greek teams are generally strong at home not away,and having suceeded only a 1-1 score at home PAOK have to attack...and this will fit great with Heerenveen's counterattacking tactic. Heerenveen home win
Strange remark about the Greek teams being weak away, especially recently - maybe worth checking how they did last season, for instance Pana in their away CL matches. I still would back Heerenveen tonight IF I had to bet though...only the game looks weird to me. GL

Everton @ 2.16 (pinnacle) Everton have a 4 goal lead from the first leg and should have n proiblem qualifying for the next round. They have several players out injured which means that their squad is starting to thin itself out and they will not want to risk playing too many youngsters in this game. They have travelled with a pretty solid squad and the return of Yakubu should see him get plenty for game time for him to build up his fitness. Look to the toffees to win this one as even if they play young players like Rodwell, they have shown that they are players with potential and willing to go out there and prove they are capable Ajax @ 1.98 (pinnacle) Ajax cruised through the first leg to win 5-0 and even though they may rest some of their players, hard to see Slovan Bratislava pick themselves up for this game as their recent results are quite poor and saw their coach resign. Reports suggest that Ajax have travelled with a fairly strong squad so they should have plenty of talent to beat a demoralised team Dinamo Zagreb @ 2.24 (pinnacle) Dinamo comprehensively outplayed the Scots at home to win 4-0 and are reported to be fielding a strong side for this game to obtain some points for coefficient in Europe. They have some good players in their squad who will be looking to impress some scouts to possibly get themselves a transfer to an English club over the border. Hearts did nothing to suggest they can draw or win this game Aston Villa -1 (EH) @ 1.83 (centrebet) Villa are down 1-0 after the first leg but will come into this game with confidence and momentum after their big win over Liverpool on the weekend. They should field a strong side as they need to win by two goals to go into the next round as they should be able to use the width of the park to exploit the pace of Young and Agbonlahor to cause plenty of problems for the Rapid defence
As a Everton supporter for almost 12 years now i will give my view. Moyes WILL start the game with the strongest possible 11 which will look like this: --------------------------Howard--------------------- Hibbert----------Yobo -----------Neville---------Baines -------------------------Rodwell---------------------- Osman----------Cahill-------------Fellaini-------Peinaar ----------------------Saha/Yakubu/Jo----------------- We were VERY lucky to win the game at Goodison Park 4-0 last week. I was there to witness it and we were played off the park for the first 15 minutes. They had a penalty decision which they didn't get and our first goal was Saha scoring on the keeper's near post. Rodwell scored two beauties and Saha capitalised on the keepers low morale to make it 4. This will be a low scoring game. We are not know for our attacking abilities and i see Moyes taking off Peinaar and bringing on Gosling. He might even start with Vaughan up-front and bring Yakubu on later for game time. Under 2.5 goals would be a better option IMHO. As far as the Villa match is concerned i think Young is a doubt?

Re: Europa League Qualifiers 25th - 27th Aug No one on Steaua Bucharest at St Patricks (3/4) or 13/8 I think it was (-1) Dismantled a Motherwell side (who are probably a shade better than St pats) 3-0 going on 5 or 6 last round and followed it up by a 3-1 win after going 1 down in the away leg at Motherwell. Agian landed the odds for us (-1) backers in the home tie v St Pats and probably have the quality to win this return leg well again.

Re: Europa League Qualifiers 25th - 27th Aug Im pretty sure if he let the defender head it he was putting it in anyway! They are crushing Fulham on possession but doing nothing with it. Fulham yet to have a shot tho. Regret touching them on my slip. Also,adverts are doing my bloody head in!!!

Re: Europa League Qualifiers 25th - 27th Aug gazzyg I would stay away from Steaua,they have some injured players:Ghionea, Szekely, Bicfalvi,Toja şi Surdu...3 of these are first team players,as well as the coachs decision to rest Kapetanos and P.Marin.Steaua have a the big derby with Dinamo this week,and with a 3 goal diference they could lack concentration against the Saints.If you remenber Steaua didn't play great away against Motherwell,and against a very motived and ambitious irish side like St Patrick they could have a hard game... :unsure

Im pretty sure if he let the defender head it he was putting it in anyway! They are crushing Fulham on possession but doing nothing with it. Fulham yet to have a shot tho. Regret touching them on my slip. Also,adverts are doing my bloody head in!!!
Where you watching the match?

Re: Europa League Qualifiers 25th - 27th Aug Toulouse vs Trabzonspor Important : Gignac don't play, he's on the side. Without him TFC is not thesame obviously. I'll try a draw for this match, TFC have a confortable advance

Re: Europa League Qualifiers 25th - 27th Aug Fulham have done quite well tonight considering they are not used to artificial pitches. Looks like a bore 0-0 draw with minutes to go. 1 bet in! :) ----------------------------------- And just as soon as i type that. Amkar score a goal. I'm keeping my mouth shut from now on!

Amkar v Fulham I'm going big with Amkar +0.5 AH @1.6 And my reasons are: - Fulham is missing 5 regulars.The Cottagers, already without Andy Johnson, will also be missing Murphy,Zamora,Konchesky as they seek to defend a 3-1 first-leg lead. - Amkar's Zvezda Stadium has an artificial pitch - Long trip to Russia.Fulham also will be thinking about EPL game on Sunday against A.Villa just in 3 days time
Spot on.Amkar won 1-0 :nana Also had bet in play on them to win at @4.80 :beer Well done lads on under 2.5 as well :ok Nice one I just don't get how could people possibly bet on Fulham without team news and news about team they play against.

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventAmkar vs Fulham
SelectionFulham (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date27/08/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.60 (Lay)
ReasoningFulham hold a 3-1 lead after the first leg and its fair to say the Russians will fancy their chances here with that away goal behind them. Fulham have several injury concerns for this match and as a result I can see Roy Hodgson putting his team out in a very defensive formation trying to soak up the pressure and hang on to this lead. The Russians are no mugs' date= especially back on home turf and I don't think Fulham should be favourites here which is why I am opposing them.
Very comfortable lay. :D

Spot on.Amkar won 1-0 :nana Also had bet in play on them to win at @4.80 :beer Well done lads on under 2.5 as well :ok Nice one I just don't get how could people possibly bet on Fulham without team news and news about team they play against.
Well done to you as well mate! I got odds for Amkar at HT at 5.5!! It was too good to not back and paid off in the end. :nana I'm watching my team (Everton) play Sigma and hoping this pans out like the Fulham game too! (except with Everton winning haha) :ok Jo's starting so i know we won't score unless it's from the 6 yard box!

Toffee boy' date=' you can find the line ups on the uefa website, hope this helps!![/quote'] Thanks a lot mate. Right now im rather pissed off at Hibbert who's just got himself sent off. It's a bloody good job we're 4-0 up! Howard's just pulled off a world-class save. Christ almighty i'm bricking it now! ---------------- World-class save with the help of the crossbar ofcourse! :) I'm very tempted by the odds for Brondby +1 right now.

Re: Europa League Qualifiers 25th - 27th Aug Anyone got any thoughts on Zilina vs Partizan Belgrade ? Partizan can't afford to lose this game. It's also their managers final game in charge, surely they will go all-out to win this one ? Did anyone see the first leg ?