** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Europa League Qualifiers 25th - 27th Aug

Shakhtar are already 3-0 from the first leg against what seems to be a pretty poor Sivasspor side, based on what we've seen so far this season, for tonights match (they play Barca in the super cup on fri night hence why the game is being played tonight).. Sivass have major injury problems, they have about 10 injured players and have travelled to the Ukraine with only 15 players. First choice goalkeeper is out as are 2 first choice defenders, two first choice midfielders and a first choice striker..the coach has said he knows they are already out and just hopes they put up a good show for the fans, they have already lost 2 out of 2 in the league and are in poor shape.. The problem is Shakhtar have that game on fri night against Barca and from what Ive read they will be treating that game as a priority, i think waiting for any team news from Shakhtar is important, but if they are playing with a few good attackers they should walk this to be honest.. Shakhtar are currently about 1.36 best price which is obviously not too attractive but the handicaps should come into play in this one I think.. (If someone could post up the odds for the rest of the games that would be great as whenever I try it comes out looking like a league table!! :ok)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Europa League Qualifiers 25th - 27th Aug Shaktar Donetsk -1.5 @ 1.88 (pinnacle) Sivasspor have all but given up on this game as they have the majority fo their first team eithe rout injured or suspended for this game. Shaktar lead 3-0 from the first leg and even of they rest some of their players for the Super Cup game with Barcelona on Friday, they still should have plenty of talent on hand to beat a vastly inferior opposition

Re: Europa League Qualifiers 25th - 27th Aug Only 4 players starting who played the first leg. Shakhtar

• 12 Khudzhamov
  • 8 Jadson
  • 11 Ilsinho
  • 14 Kobin
  • 19 Gai
  • 22 Willian
  • 28 Polyanskiy
  • 32 Ischenko
  • 33 Srna
  • 36 Chyzhov
  • 77 Aghahowa
    Bench
  • 30 Pyatov
  • 3 Hübschman
  • 7 Fernandinho
  • 17 Luiz Adriano
  • 21 Gladkiy
  • 27 Chygrynskiy
  • 44 Rakitskiy

Coach

• Mircea Lucescu
Sivasspor
  • 35 Akın Vardar
  • 5 Murat Sözgelmez
  • 8 İbrahim Dağaşan
  • 11 Erman Kılıç
  • 14 Kamanan
  • 18 Cihan Yılmaz
  • 20 Bekmezci
  • 23 Yasin Çakmak
  • 44 Mbemba
  • 61 Abdurrahman Dereli
  • 77 Onur Tuncer

Bench
  • 74 Alisan Şeker
  • 3 Bikmaz
  • 67 Uğur Kavuk
  • 80 Agbetu

Coach

Re: Europa League Qualifiers 25th - 27th Aug I'm laying Shakhtar based almost solely on the reason that Aghahowa is playing, who is without a doubt the worst striker in the world. In all seriousness, I think 1.32 is a bit low for a team who have made 7 changes and have effectively already qualified.

Re: Europa League Qualifiers 25th - 27th Aug Tromso v Athletic Bilbao I think the best bet of this round is on Bilbao to win. They won the 1st leg with 2 very late goals 3-2. In the previous round Bilbao overcame Young Boys Bern (Switzerland) after losing the first leg 1-0 at home which in my view was a far more difficult tie. The 2-1 victory away to a strong Young Boys was impressive. Tromso have had a mediocre season and stuck in mid-table with inconsistent form. I believe Bilbao wont take Tromso lightly after a scare in the first leg and will win. Pinnacle offer 2.19 on Bilbao to win. (best odds) They are better than evens with all bookmakers. I am going to add them to a cheeky 5 folder.:hope

Re: Europa League Qualifiers 25th - 27th Aug

Tromso v Athletic Bilbao I think the best bet of this round is on Bilbao to win. They suprisingly lost the first leg 2-1 at home last week. However, in the previous round Bilbao overcame Young Boys Bern (Switzerland) after losing the first leg 1-0 at home which in my view was a far more difficult tie. Tromso have had a mediocre season and stuck in mid-table with inconsistent form. I believe Bilbao will win this over 90 minutes but maybe not the tie. Pinnacle offer 2.19 on Bilbao to win. (best odds) They are better than evens with all bookmakers. I am going to add them to a cheeky 5 folder.:hope
Be careful with this one. Athletic are my second team, oddly enough, and I watched them against YBB and they were unconvincing at best. They were beyond fortunate to win that game. YBB missed a lot of chances but Athletic took theirs. Whereas that's worthwhile to take into consideration (that they can be clinical), be aware of how bad they are defensively, particularly in closing down attacking midfielders through the middle. I think this game will see a lot of goals and I think Bilbao are capable of winning the game but I sure won't be betting on it. Tromso are a good side at home and make any game tough for their opponents. A long trip north in colder temperatures and on artificial turf makes me think this might be a tougher game than anticipated. Still, I'll be cheering on Los Leones!:cheers

Tromso v Athletic Bilbao I think the best bet of this round is on Bilbao to win. They suprisingly lost the first leg 2-1 at home last week. However, in the previous round Bilbao overcame Young Boys Bern (Switzerland) after losing the first leg 1-0 at home which in my view was a far more difficult tie. Tromso have had a mediocre season and stuck in mid-table with inconsistent form. I believe Bilbao will win this over 90 minutes but maybe not the tie. Pinnacle offer 2.19 on Bilbao to win. (best odds) They are better than evens with all bookmakers. I am going to add them to a cheeky 5 folder.:hope
I thought they won 3-2? Damn soccerways......

Re: Europa League Qualifiers 25th - 27th Aug Sorry guys. I am positive Flashscore had the final result as 2-1 to Tromso last week. I had no idea they had scored 2 very late goals. I still think they offer great value though especially after defeating Young Boys Bern away in the previous round. Tromso have to go for this and may be badly exposed at the back. Apologies.

Re: Europa League Qualifiers 25th - 27th Aug Austria V. v Metalurg D. @2.37 I think the value is on home team.I did back Austria not to loose in Ukraine but this time i'll back them to win. Metalurg came to Austria with 19 players,looks like Mguni is still injured while Godin didn't even training.Metalurg said they don't like pitch as grass is too short and they need time to get used to it.Metalurg only won 2 out of 6 last away games while Austria V. is unbeaten at home. I'm not very confident(50%-35%-15%) about win as Metalurg can still cause a surprise but @2.37 for home team is too good. Will find more info tomorrow. Metalurg team news: Mguni,Godin,Danylovski all injured. My side bet is both teams to score.

Re: Europa League Qualifiers 25th - 27th Aug Had A Nice Treble Up Tonight On Apol Nicosia(which They Tipped In The Racing Post) And Spurs(tipped Big Time On Here Lol) With The Unders In The Fiorentina Match...the General Concensus On Here Seems To Be To Lump On Man City Tomorrow,looking For Another To Make The Double I Thought That On Current Form Alone Dynamo Zagreb Look A Good Thing Away At Winless Hearts,especially At 7/5(bet365)..they Won The First Leg 4-0...no Reasoning Behind This Bet Just Based On Current Form...wondered What You Guys Thought...was Also Looking At Valencia -1 At 7/10(bet365),they Won The First Leg Away 3-0 But Will Wait On Team News For That One...mustn,t Be To Greedy Lol

Re: Europa League Qualifiers 25th - 27th Aug I wouldn't go for the Hearts match mate. Dinamo are already through so don't give a shit about the game whereas Hearts don't get to play many big games at all so they will still be well up for it. Russians are notoriously poor travelers too.... It's only a coinflip

I wouldn't go for the Hearts match mate. Dinamo are already through so don't give a shit about the game whereas Hearts don't get to play many big games at all so they will still be well up for it. Russians are notoriously poor travelers too.... It's only a coinflip
dinamo are from croatia mate... and should win as hearts are crap these days

I wouldn't go for the Hearts match mate. Dinamo are already through so don't give a shit about the game whereas Hearts don't get to play many big games at all so they will still be well up for it. Russians are notoriously poor travelers too.... It's only a coinflip
Hearts v D. Zagreb I probably would bet against Hearts. My head rules my heart on this one. We are dreadful at the moment. Early this year we lost our captain (Berra to wolves) and then in the summer lost Karapidis and Aguiar to Omonia on frees. They were our two best players and have not been replaced. Driver out injured is a huge blow for us. Kingston is also injured as well as Jonsson. Hearts have no creativity and look disjointed at the back. We also have nobody capable of putting the ball in the back of the net. Our top goalscoring striker scored a pathetic 2 goals last season. I hate to say it but - D.Zagreb to win.

Re: Europa League Qualifiers 25th - 27th Aug Thanks For The Heads Up Ewana,your Info Confirms My First Thoughts And I Will Be Adding Dynamo To My Bet...granted Valuefinder That Zagreb Are Already Through,but At The End Of The Day If A Team Is Good Enough Then They Should Be Good Enough..hearts It Seems Are Lacking In Confidence And Its No Wonder Why After Reading Ewana,s Info...just Noticed Zagreb Are Into 11/8 Now So Im Off Down The Bookies To Place Me Bet Lol...good Luck All As Always

Re: Europa League Qualifiers 25th - 27th Aug Hey Mozzi your dreams come true mate,your favorite Shakhtar's defender Chygrynski should sign 5 years contract with Barca today :cow:nana:drums:):clap He will play his last match for Shakhtar on friday against his new team mates from Barca.

Re: Europa League Qualifiers 25th - 27th Aug Metalist should win at home against Sturm Graz. Metalist team news: Lysenko is out injured,Valjaev and Edmar both suspended. Sturm is missing 3 important players due to injury. Teams finished last match in draw 1-1 but this time it will be even harder for Sturm to get anything from this match.

Re: Europa League Qualifiers 25th - 27th Aug I think i will lay Benfica tonight. Benfica is 4-0 up after 1st leg and as far as i know they will rotate players today while Vorskla is up for a fight. Last weekend Vorskla hold mighty Dynamo Kiev at home to 1-1 draw,weekend before they also hold Shakhtar 1-1 draw. Vorskla has no injured or suspended players. I'm going with both teams to score and Vorskla not to loose :hope

Re: Europa League Qualifiers 25th - 27th Aug Amkar v Fulham I'm going big with Amkar +0.5 AH @1.6 And my reasons are: - Fulham is missing 5 regulars.The Cottagers, already without Andy Johnson, will also be missing Murphy,Zamora,Konchesky as they seek to defend a 3-1 first-leg lead. - Amkar's Zvezda Stadium has an artificial pitch - Long trip to Russia.Fulham also will be thinking about EPL game on Sunday against A.Villa just in 3 days time

Under 2.5 goals Amkar vs Fulham @ 5/6 bluesq Hodgeson will set his team up like the Italians and try to keep it as tight as possible. Probably successfully.
:clap Good choice. Amkar play on a artificial pitch which the Fulham players have already been moaning about. Fulham have three key players out; Murphy (captain), Konchesky, and Zamora. Hangeland is going to be no-nonsense more than ever today. I can see Roy taking off Dempsey or Johnson to become more defensive second half. If Fulham get the first and decisive away goal it could well be turn the lights off and end the match as Amkar would then need to score 4 to win. Could get interesting if the home side get the opener though. Nice odds and i'm happy to go for Under 2.5 goals. :hope

Amkar v Fulham I'm going big with Amkar +0.5 AH @1.6 And my reasons are: - Fulham is missing 5 regulars.The Cottagers, already without Andy Johnson, will also be missing Murphy,Zamora,Konchesky as they seek to defend a 3-1 first-leg lead. - Amkar's Zvezda Stadium has an artificial pitch - Long trip to Russia.Fulham also will be thinking about EPL game on Sunday against A.Villa just in 3 days time
Is Johnson out?! If he is then im definetly sticking on under 2.5 and if i can get a +1 Handicap on Amkar.

Re: Europa League Qualifiers 25th - 27th Aug Does anyone else think that Villa are too short tonight?! Rapid Vienna are a good side and have a 1-0 lead but they don't travel well at all. Last round the got beaten by APOP 2-1 then drew against Ried and Parndof away. Could be a no-better but if there's a good Handicap on Vienna it could be tempting. Villa will undoubtedly attack from the first whistle.

Re: Europa League Qualifiers 25th - 27th Aug for the defence of rapid! ried is one of the best teams in austria when they play @ home! they lost only 1 match from the last 25! in homestadium! and @ parndorf they played with 2nd lineup! i think it will be a though game tonight between aston and rapid. if rapid survives the first 30 minutes without a goal they will draw this game! so rapid vienna +1 @ 2.90 (bet365)

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventAmkar vs Fulham
SelectionFulham (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date27/08/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.60 (Lay)
ReasoningFulham hold a 3-1 lead after the first leg and its fair to say the Russians will fancy their chances here with that away goal behind them. Fulham have several injury concerns for this match and as a result I can see Roy Hodgson putting his team out in a very defensive formation trying to soak up the pressure and hang on to this lead. The Russians are no mugs, especially back on home turf and I don't think Fulham should be favourites here which is why I am opposing them.

Re: Europa League Qualifiers 25th - 27th Aug I personally think Heerenveen have a decent chance of wining today.Greek teams are generally strong at home not away,and having suceeded only a 1-1 score at home PAOK have to attack...and this will fit great with Heerenveen's counterattacking tactic. Heerenveen home win