Unable to catch up due to Ill Health, scrapped unfortunately.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Goalscorer Comp ***UPDATED 22/08*** Hi RB - great work mate :clap One pointer though, I do think it will be better in the long run if you post new tables, etc on the continuing thread as after a few pages the option to go back to post 2 will lose peoples interest as there will be no record of previous scoring (you will have edited it). By continuing on you will make the thread longer but at least the player will only have to look at the LAST page in the thread :ok If a question comes up about previous scoring then there wont be a record of it....

Re: Goalscorer Comp ***UPDATED 22/08***

Hi RB - great work mate :clap One pointer though, I do think it will be better in the long run if you post new tables, etc on the continuing thread as after a few pages the option to go back to post 2 will lose peoples interest as there will be no record of previous scoring (you will have edited it). By continuing on you will make the thread longer but at least the player will only have to look at the LAST page in the thread :ok If a question comes up about previous scoring then there wont be a record of it....
I was doing that mate, but it looked bad having a 79 long member table after every post. I think what I will do is just do what was originally planned and update it once a week, on the friday just before the games. :ok Im happy to re-post the tables from previous weeks as well, as I have them saved. :ok Thanks Mate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Re: Goalscorer Comp ***UPDATED 26/10*** Been a little while, deliberately, so we see decent changes between each update. This will be updated before this weekend's fixtures... (tonight) Then every member participating will recieve a PM from me, stating that the "Bonus Picks" window is open. This will involve making another 6 selections in a sepearate thread from another 75 players I have compiled. This list WILL include Wayne Rooney as well as some not so obvious goalscorers. The Bonus window will be open from Tomorrow (12 dec - 31 dec) for you to make your 6 picks...... The players selected WILL score points in this period and all points will be backdated to this weekends fixtures once all revealed in January. From here on in, it will be a definite weekly update, as there should be plenty changes. :ok Regards Allan

• 4 months later...

Re: Goalscorer Comp ***UPDATED 11/12*** Sorry Guys, missed a chunk of this due to illness, (see General Chat, if don't know), and then it completely slipped my mind to be honest. This however, will continue. I will dig out the disc containing all the data on it, and have the full thing (all 4 months :loon) updated for Monday at the latest. Sorry again guys and thanks for the patience.

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Goalscorer Comp ***UPDATED 11/12***

RB is still struggling with illness as far as I'm aware. He will update this when he can I'm sure.
ohh sorry, I hope he will get over illness soon :$

Re: Goalscorer Comp ***UPDATED 11/12*** Hi Bagzi I apologize. Due to the nature of the illness I had, and what I am having to do to recuperate from and get over that illness, it has been painstakingly tough for me to go through all the 3/4 months of football I missed and taking into account substitution goals etc...... but I am getting there.. slowly and surely. I assure you, I will have this completed as soon as physically possible for me and I cannot apologize enough. I haven't forgotten about you. If it cheers you up any, I can confirm you got Wayne Rooney in the extra picks.

Re: Goalscorer Comp ***UPDATED 11/12*** Hope your recovery is going smoothly RB. :clap Why not declare me the winner and save the hassle ? Just a thought but you could consider it.:eek A trophy beside my name would look A1..... PLUS THE £100 you are putting up for the winner can easily be transfered to my paypal account. :tongue2

Re: Goalscorer Comp ***UPDATED 11/12***

Must be a nightmare Al, dont worry about it mate. Just scrap it and do one for the WC instead:ok
Might be an idea ... Note to Self ---- When running a competition, don't have months out ill!! Catchup is horrendous. If there are enough in favour of it being scrapped and one organised for World Cup then I would be happy doing that. Could have it set up for ths start of next week.