boxing betting thread

Re: boxing betting thread I see the 4/7 is only now left with bole sports and bet fred.I FANCY CARL TO WIN THIS INSIDE the distance so the 9/4 with boyle sports to do this is probbably the way for me to go here. Dirrell clearly is talented but looking at who he has fought,it is pretty unspectacular up till now.He is definately making a fair step up in class here,though he does not lack the confidence. I feel that we will see a much sharper froch here than last time out re taylor.I hope to see him set carl use that very underated jab much more,throw much more combinations and generally be much sharper all round.Other than the last couple of rounds ,the taylor fight was woeful,hopefully a real wake up call.Still whatever his limitations,the one salient factor in carl's favour is that he carries his power right to the very end. I feel that carl does have his limitations but you need to be a slick mover and carry real power to take on frochie and be successful,dirrell certainly seems slick,i am not so sure that he has the neccessary power. I am in the crowne plaza for this one and i cannot wait.Again i am confident here with frochie,but it is always about opinions,and i look forward to how you all see it.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: boxing betting thread Carl Froch v Andre Dirrell A really good find which I find very difficult to call so for the time being at least Im going to keep stakes minimal. Obciously there has been a bit of hype here in Britain due to having one of the market leaders in a truly prestigious tournament. Plenty of trash talking has been coming from Dirrell about laying out Froch – who has simply brushed it off. I do think both fighters will be pumped for this one and in hope Dirrell has some confidence from his recent stoppages and comes to fight unlike the last time he shared a ring with a known puncher in Curtis Stevens. In that fight Dirrell bascically got on his bike and used his speed and skills to outpoint the more aggressive Stevens who in the end was lost and didn’t know what to do. In some ways I wouldn’t be surprised to same here as if Dirrell stays sensible there is a chance he could outbox Froch. All that said I think Froch could prove to powerful for the relatively inexperienced Dirrell. I was toying with taking Froch in this fight at 3/5 but that has now dissappeared and is now BP 4/7 – that may just prove too short for me. Dirrell though at times seems to have a touch of a suspect chin and maybe Froch can take advantage of that, especially if Dirrell comes out looking to engage. One thing I definitely believe (and unfortunately have no lnowledge of the answer) is the size of the ring – the smaller the better for Froch. He will be looking to stop Dirrells movement and try cutting off as much as possible. With the above to consider I don’t fancy over/under and with a realistic chance of Froch being outboxed and missing the boat on 3/5 which wouldve been a tentative selection anyway Ive had to look for a little value elsewhere. I don’t think Dirrell will have ever been punched as hard as he will be this weekend and may be in for a bit of a shock. With Dirrells recent ko success Im hoping he will come out and have a go at Froch and knowing that I have seen him hurt several times before - particularly in the first round against Hanshaw when imo he went down (though it wasn’t called) Im going to have a slight tinker on something happening early doors. Some of the markets which interested me were the Froch win in Round 1 (50s) 2 (40) 3 (33). Dirrell to be put down in the first (16s) Froch in rounds 1-3 (16s) Recommended bets 1pt Froch win Round 1 50/1 Boyles, 1pt Froch win Rounds 1-3 14/1 Bet365, 1pt Dirrell down in the first 16/1 Sky

Re: boxing betting thread A lot of American backers for Taylor around. IMO, Abraham another European, being overlooked by polar vision. Taylor the most gifted of the two, but with severe flaws in his game when under pressure, whilst AA is the consumate all-round boxer. The layers favour a distance fight, and there's one prop at a bargain. Taylor, if he does'nt produce his usual late fade-out has the skills and overall movement to keep AA honest, and take it to the judges. No way he gets a verdict in Germany, and AA pts @ 7/4 would be massive IF it went to the cards. The Taylor fade puts me off those short odds, and Abraham is well capable of taking Taylor out late on, but AA via MD @ 40/1 is too big in anyone's language. AA split dec is 17/2, but going with the biggie. Only one judge to call a draw reqired.

Re: boxing betting thread How the fcuk they gave the fight to Froch!!! Dirrell had the much better cleaner shots, Froch's shots were allover the place! Anyhow I guess if it would have been in the states it would have been the other way around so for all the fiddling over there this goes some way to putting it at a level... :lol

Re: boxing betting thread

How the fcuk they gave the fight to Froch!!! Dirrell had the much better cleaner shots, Froch's shots were allover the place! Anyhow I guess if it would have been in the states it would have been the other way around so for all the fiddling over there this goes some way to putting it at a level... :lol
I wouldnt of wanted to score that fight, very poor and a lot of the rounds neither deserved it. I thought Froch edged it though just :\ Seriously do you think Dirrell did more than Froch to win that fight apart from the last couple of rounds?

Re: boxing betting thread I think Dirrell got screwed. He landed the cleaner shots, Froch was the only one in serious trouble.. He landed counter shots throughout and made Froch miss all night. Froch was made to look stupid swinging wildly and missing time after time. Dirrell was trapped in the corner numerous times but weaved his way out and caught Froch with so many check hooks whilst staying out of trouble. I hate all this warrior bullsh*t.. why should Dirrell stand there and trade with him when he could just outbox him all night? I thought Dirrell showed all the skill and dictated the fight. You could tell Froch thought he had lost it at the end, ridiculous decision in my opinion. How did Froch get away with not getting a point taken yet Dirrell wasn't even warned for holding and got one taken (at least I don't think he was warned). I didn't even think it was close :wall

Re: boxing betting thread Froch walking a tightrope at this level. In the states dirrel gets the nod, just as Pascal, if the fight was in Montreal, would have. Taylor had his card also, before the ko. Not a dig at Frochie, as i respect his professionalism and desire, which will always give him a chance in any fight. Needed that 2 points badly, with Kessler away next up! Will he get the decision in a close fight in Denmark? Will he balls. Has to put Mikkel down, and keep him there to reach the Semi's earlydoors. It's wrong but thats the game. Would be surprised to see Taylor continue after that brutal KO from Abraham. Di Bello could replace him with Allan Green. 3 Europeans and a yank for the semi's is written in the stars.

Re: boxing betting thread Ian Napa v Gary Davies This is an intriguing contest with Davies making the 1st defence of his British bantamweight title against the elusive former British and European champ Ian Napa. Napa is by far the more experienced of the 2 and has fought at a much higher level than his younger opponent with his last 7 fights being for one of the aforementioned titles. This is a tricky contest with Napa the well rounded boxer mover taking on the much bigger, more powerful Davies (7 kos in 9 wins). Napas lack of power has no doubt hindered his career but I think he has done well in accomplishing what he has. In his last 2 fights though Napa seems to have been hit a lot more than he used to and maybe there are signs that the 31 year old may have reached his peak. On the other hand Davies will be hell bent on winning in his first defence and wants the Lonsdale belt to keep. Davies is a fighter who has sometimes had to step in at late notice and also not fight at his ideal weight which he claims is bantam but has often fought above. With a full camp for this fight I think Davies will be well motivated and will wish to seize the moment that is available to him at this moment in his career. Davies sites Peter Culshaw as his boxing hero having trained with him early in his career and ironically it was Culshaw who handed Napa his only ever ko defeat. Napa is very seasoned and there is a chance that he could maybe make Davies look a little wild and Crude but I’m banking on Davies to overcome this with his youthful determination, I believe Davies is at a point in his career where it is up to him what happens next now that he has the belt and he will do everything within his power not to lose in his first defence, despite the tricky opposition - but Napa could well just about be ready for the taking. Recommended bet 75 pts Davies bt Napa 11/10 BlSq

Re: boxing betting thread Early confident pick foo! Napa is a super little boxer when on his game and 12-18 months back,this is Napa's with a masterclass, but he has slipped recently. Woeful in his last euro defence, with his corner screaming at him throughout the fight at his lacklustre performance. Can a return to a Brit title shot motivate him anymore!! If yes, he's on a different level to Davies. Davies has come on a ton with a decent ko %, even though there's some dodgy records he's dented. Have good word he's bang up for it, especially since it ended up back in the north west, having been down for Napa's backyard originally. Still looking into Napa's preperations before wagering.

Re: boxing betting thread Not underestimating Napa in any way, great little boxer and I remember seeing him as an amateur thinking maybe he was going to win a title but alas that wasnt going to happen. Also realise that there is more power in his hands than his record suggests and he has the ability to hurt. I just think Davies is in a place for the first time in his career where hes happy as a boxer and in a place he wants to be. Like I mentioned full camp and Ive also heard his confidence is supreme but I seriously dont think he will be underestimating Napa. People are thinking he will just try and blast through him and under rating some of boxing skills. I may well be wrong but I hope he will measure up and box sensibly whilst hopefully backing up Napa and catching him.

Re: boxing betting thread Cracking friday night action guys from bolton.Napa is such a clever operator at best,very hard to it and he does have underaated power but clearly the power in this fight lies with davies,and it is a bit of a surprise to see napa around the 4/6 range;so davies at 11/10 with home advantage,well almost,will too be taking some of my money at the 11/10 generaly on offer. He did look awful,napa,against that french guy last time out,still brian lawrence,who i really respect assures us that he is bang on this time,and throughout his carrerr napa has delighted in overcoming the odds.And yet look at the way that davies banged out martin power in 2,if i recall correctly,who went the distance with napa,and again i swing to davies,and that is what i will do here. What a fight in prospect with jamie moore and ryan rhodes,jamie is 1/3,a tad short but he has to start the favourite without doubt.How long has jamie been waiting for the world shot.He must be on a cracking pay=day here because i got the distinct impression that it was top euro/world level only for jamie. Ryan has come back re-invigorated and i was so looking forwrad to the fight against small that got called off at the echo arena.Of his recentish fights i was the most impressed when rhodes stood up to gary lockett,who whilst slow could certainly bang at domestic level,and there has alwaays been that chinny tag aginst ryan,unfairly in my view. And on the other hand ryan has again been inactive and you do have to feel that jamie all round has too much here for ryan and i will probably go for inside the distance win @ 12/5 with hills for some interest whilst watching.

Re: boxing betting thread You won't get Jamie itd at that price mate :cryit's for the decision. He could have been had at 5/2 months ago though. A mate was waving his printout about, the other day. Can't remember who with, but i can find out. Dangerous fight for Moore this, with a resurgent Rhodes who, is actually unbeaten at light-middle. All his defeats came when he moved up. Moore could have swerved this challenge, with world title shot just around the corner, but is giving domestic fans what they want. A hum-dinger. Thankfully, Maloney and co persuaded the WBC to sanction it as a world title eliminator. another belter on the u/card with Stokes chris edwards and raw Mongolian Shinny Bayaar. Edwards at 10/11 i like, a generous price for the home fighter, and reckon it'll drop. Edwards will have his usual boisterous stoke following, and neither of these take a backward step. shinny's not mixed in the same company, but to be fair to him, he has been avoided somewhat. He could do a 'Choi', but Edwards has a great drive about his game and is a dedicated trainer. Maloney reckons he could move him into fringe world class, if he overcomes shinny tomorrow.

Re: boxing betting thread Ryan Rhodes v Jamie Moore Did not realise that Rhodes was undefeated LM and I agree that its a tricky fight for Moore but one I feel he should overcome. Rhodes can look quite classy and elusive at times but back when he was rated I always felt he was overrated if that makes sense. Cant see Rhodes losing this tbh I think he will be on top of Rhodes keeping the pressure on and hpe that complacency will not be an issue, which I doubt with a title shot possibly on the horizon. I expect a decent effort from Rhodes though. However I feel the constant pressure from Moore and those energy sapping body shots could see him wearing down his aging but rededicated opponent gradually for a late stoppage. With Sky still holding strong with 1/3 feel Im going to have to have a punt. Reccomended bets: Moore bt Rhodes 60 points 1/3 Skybet 2.5 points on each round for a Moore stoppage... R9 16/1 Generally, R10 20/1 Sky, R11 20/1 Generally, R12 28/1 Ladbrokes Total 70points

Re: boxing betting thread I meant to post this before but only just uploaded it - this is when I met Ryan Rhodes a few months back. Top bloke and wish him well for tomorrow night. Was in 2 minds whether to go but went to Froch at weekend and might go to Khan fight in Newcastle in December. 8330_178779071792_707226792_3309036_2502458_n.jpg

Re: boxing betting thread Adamek V Golota tommorow. I'm certain that Adamek takes this by KO for a variety of reasons. Aside from the fact that Golota has never been that good and seems to have been shot for years, he's only had 2 fights in the last 2 years. His last was a first round retirement against ray Austin. He's weighed in at what I think is his heaviest ever and looks seriously out of shape on the pics I've seen on the weigh in. There's 3 bets I'm considering. Adamek by KO is (I think) best priced at 10/11 with sporting bet. However I can see some merit in both Adamek KO rds 1-6 at 3/1 and Adamek rds 7-12 at 5/2. The reasoning being Golota tends to go early against decent opponents, which Adamek is. But Adamek has rarely scored an early KO against a credible opponent. It all depends just how shit Golota is on the night. i'm tending towards Adamek in the first half, but will most likely pussy out and go for the any time KO. I'll post up my final decision tommorow.

Adamek V Golota tommorow. I'm certain that Adamek takes this by KO for a variety of reasons. Aside from the fact that Golota has never been that good and seems to have been shot for years, he's only had 2 fights in the last 2 years. His last was a first round retirement against ray Austin. He's weighed in at what I think is his heaviest ever and looks seriously out of shape on the pics I've seen on the weigh in. There's 3 bets I'm considering. Adamek by KO is (I think) best priced at 10/11 with sporting bet. However I can see some merit in both Adamek KO rds 1-6 at 3/1 and Adamek rds 7-12 at 5/2. The reasoning being Golota tends to go early against decent opponents, which Adamek is. But Adamek has rarely scored an early KO against a credible opponent. It all depends just how shit Golota is on the night. i'm tending towards Adamek in the first half, but will most likely pussy out and go for the any time KO. I'll post up my final decision tommorow.
Is it on any TV channels?

Re: boxing betting thread :cow :cow :cow WHAT A FIGHT :cow :cow :cow That was a right tear up, toe to toe, big shots from both and great result. Moore looked like he had punched himself out by round 6. Great respect for each other, both very genuine guys and hope Rhodes goes on and wins that elusive world title.

:cow :cow :cow WHAT A FIGHT :cow :cow :cow That was a right tear up, toe to toe, big shots from both and great result. Moore looked like he had punched himself out by round 6. Great respect for each other, both very genuine guys and hope Rhodes goes on and wins that elusive world title.
Yep, a cracker, as was the night itself. Great venue, decent size, but small enough to smell the sweat. Gutted for Mooresy, who's a top lad. Genuine to the bone. Typical of the bloke, to take this tough challenge on, after years of being on world title fringe. Only had to bide his time, and that title shot was his in 2010. Not his way though, loves scrapping and has given his supporters ( and neutrals ) some crackin' moments. Check out the Macklin war, has the lot. There's talk of him moving up, and possibly having Macklin MK 11 in the future, but the long road back could be a arduous task. No complaints with the edwards split loss. Shinny , like his compatriot Choi, looks one tough dude. Thighs like tree trunks. Napa shown his class. If he had a punch above domestic level to go with his awesome skillset, he'd be a world star. A superb technician. Has a chopper like Garrincha apparently.:notworthy Good luck to rhodes, who since dropping his Hamed'esqe attitude, seems alright. Still unbeaten at 154 lbs also!

Re: boxing betting thread Paul, agree about Golota. His only hope is to catch Adamek clean, and early doors is his best chance. No one knows how Adamek can take a full heavyweight shot. Adamek can be dropped, but has shown a cast iron will getting up from the canvas in the past. The Briggs wars were legalised brutalty at his goriest, and is essential viewing. BUT, looking at Golota at the press conf', would only inspire confidence in adamek. Looks like he's taken the huge sum of money ( the exact amount still not in the public domain) dangled! before his colourful career comes to an end, Mentioned that his left hand is still not 100%, so the excuses in the mainstream already. Can see Golota becoming frustrated in this fight. And we all know what happens when this crazy Pole gets mithered mentally. Pity there's no disqualification odds available. Taking Boyles' 8/13 for the U 9.5. Can see Adamek's speed and classy combo's giving his bulky opponent fits, causing either a breakdown or a controversial stoppage. Covers a golota early hail mary also.