** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

boxing betting thread

Re: boxing betting thread Rees vs. Lynes for the title. 4/1 to meet in the final apparently before the start of the tourney. Cook and Mutley were the other semi-finalists. Will be surprised if Rees doesn't win but 2/5 doesn't particularly appeal. Mind you, neither does the 7/4 on Lynes.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: boxing betting thread

Either i'm blind or there is no mention of Khan's fight tonight? Not a betting friendly fight? or just no interest?
There's a little value bet tonight for me. Prescott to beat Mitchell, which is available at evens most places, I think.

Either i'm blind or there is no mention of Khan's fight tonight? Not a betting friendly fight? or just no interest?
I have interest but maybe not form a betting perspective. I think Khan will win and should win inside the distance, the only 1 that appeals is maybe over/under but not so sure on value.

any thoughts on the Mitchell Prescott fight from anybody? One of them has to be a bit of value' date=' I just cant decide which one :unsure[/quote'] Personally disagree with Paul and believe Mitchell is a decent price.

Re: boxing betting thread Prescott v Mitchell Gonna have to post on this one as I feel Mitchell has a great chance in this fight and the odds from my point of view make it pretty appealing. I really dont think that Prescott is that good - but is Mitchell good enough to beat him? Despite how impressive it looked I cant help that BPs win over Khan was a bit of a fluke. Khan was caught cold with an already suspect chin imo. Since then Prescott hasnt looked particularly impressive to me. Lets not forget that he was brought in as a readily beatable opponent for Khan who had an impressive record anad an impressive ko ratio. I believe at time fighters with built up ko records hinder themselves in a way because if their big punch doesnt do the business they can at times struggle. This was eveident last night with Tyrone Brunson who broke a world record for consecutive ko's - he stepped up to fringe contender staus and was duly stopped in 3! Prescott really hasnt beaten anybody and his only impressive performance in his last 4 fights was beating Khan (goes without saying) and the other 3 opponents were far from stellar. Hopefully Mitchell will stick to what he says and box properly and stay out of harms way, though this may be difficult for him due to the way he wants to hit right back after he has been clipped. Hes shown balls before against Johanson and if in trouble I think his instinct can see him through to recovery time at the end of the round. Basically hoping he will stay on his feet and move to take a deserved decision. Recommended bet Mitchell bt Prescott 75pts widely avaialble 10/11

Think Khan will win inside 3 and will be betting on the rounds. Salita struggled ot make the weight and is not in Khans class imo' date=' think he could do it quickly and impress here[/quote'] Under 3.5 is 7/2 with Laddies!

Re: boxing betting thread Khan v Salita I admit it I cant refrain!!!:) Really think Khan should be putting this guy away. Dont think I can justify under 3 rounds but he should win inside the distance to be considered "King Khan" lol. Under 9.5 seems fair plus it leaves room for Amirs 'suspect chin' against a shall we say less than great puncher. All set up for Khan to look good and if Im honest I hope he does. Recommended bet 20 pts under 9.5 4/5 Boyles

Re: boxing betting thread 1-3 5.6 on betfair Have taken Mitchell too, similar to what you have put superfoo, his win was a surprise but look at his record and it stands out like A sore thumb. Mitchell should have the beating of his. I reckon he will do it on points myself, but not over confident so took 1.93 on the betfair

Excellent fight from Mitchell. Spot on Elusive is the word
Super performance from Mitchell that. And I have to admit, one I didn't think he was capable of. A few years back al the talk was of a Khan V Mitchell match up, if Mitchell can take the WBO belt i think a unification with Khan is on the cards.

Super performance from Mitchell that. And I have to admit' date=' one I didn't think he was capable of. A few years back al the talk was of a Khan V Mitchell match up, if Mitchell can take the WBO belt i think a unification with Khan is on the cards.[/quote'] Hope so. Main event a bit of a farce, all the fears with had about Salita came true, shouldnt be anywhere near world title bouts..... The improvement in Khan under Roach is fantastic though.

Re: boxing betting thread Easy for Khan. Excellent though I said it before, and Khan said it then, the defeat was a blessing for him I have always said he has the potential to be the best in the world becuase he has a talent that you cannot teach. With Roach and if he keeps improving he can be the best Who next?

Think Khan will win inside 3 and will be betting on the rounds. Salita struggled ot make the weight and is not in Khans class imo' date=' think he could do it quickly and impress here[/quote'] Nice call mate!

Easy for Khan. Excellent though I said it before, and Khan said it then, the defeat was a blessing for him I have always said he has the potential to be the best in the world becuase he has a talent that you cannot teach. With Roach and if he keeps improving he can be the best Who next?
I hope it aint Hatton :unsure] If he stays here maybe Mitchell?? I'd like to see go to the US now.....maybe even offer out the winner of Diaz Mallinaggi...

Re: boxing betting thread I hope it aint Hatton as well. I hope I never see Hatton fight again to be honest Thing is though I think it could be. The way Khan was talking when asked about it makes me think it is a definate possibility Mitchell after Hatton then States? Would be typical Warren to be honest.

Super performance from Mitchell that. And I have to admit' date=' one I didn't think he was capable of. A few years back al the talk was of a Khan V Mitchell match up, if Mitchell can take the WBO belt i think a unification with Khan is on the cards.[/quote'] I wasn't thinking straight when I posted this, they fight at different weights these days, so no unification:$ A match up is stil deffo posible though IMO. Mandatory's Maidana I think. He's the WBA interim champ. Bradley and Peterson fight for the WBO title next week, which Bradley should take comfortably. He *should* fight one of those 2, preferably Maidana on the Pac/Mayweather undercard. Maidana is a beatable big puncher for Khan, so I think that will be their coice as they'll see it as proving a point about Khan not being afraid to take on a puncher. I can't see him fancying Bradley who IMHO has all the right tools to beat Khan and is the real deal at this weight. I acually think he'd give Pac a run for his money. Aside from those two Juan Diaz or Malignaggi would be options, both big names but relatively light punchers. Very light in Paulie's case. On tonights fight, really it was a disgrace. There was no way Slaita should be in the same ring as Khan, never mind fighting for a title. The press are going to be on the bandwagon again but, who has he fought since Prescott? A no-hoper in Oisin Fagin, an over the hill Barrera, perfect stylistic match in Kotelnik and another fcuking no-hoper in Salita. It's like Joe Calzaghe all over again. He'll keep claiming to be the best in the world, whilst all the time avoiding the best peak fighters in his division. The guy's talented, for sure. As was Calzaghe. But as yet has no claim to being in the top 5 of his division, despite being world champ. He puts in index finger in the air giving it all the number one business after his fights, but he's in the same division as Pac and Mayweather. Number 1? In his wettest dreams.

Re: boxing betting thread Another hand picked boxer to make Khan look good. I know he was No 1 contender but Salita was dire. I had a look at his record and watched some videos, came across as a powder puff puncher with no chin, didn't even get to see if he could punch, he certainly can't defend. Khan was excellent but when your opponent stands there like a dummy they make you look good. Anyone seen the Khan comments in the press? Claims he would be a superstar if he was white and moaning about racist comments/slurs, sulking that people don't like him etc. I fcuking hate people playing the race card, all those fans turned out in Newcastle tonight and cheered him, maybe the fame is going to his head. He might end up like another Naseem Hamed. Noticed he'd dropped the Union Jack down the side of the shorts too in favour of those horrible green things that look like the Pakistani flag. If he feels unwelcome and loves America that much he can fcuk off there and take all his family with him. He's had great support here, he can't stand people questioning the CV's of his opponents and the easy route he keeps taking to success. Plenty of us stood and cheered him in Manchester too and then he still whinges like a bitch, I always felt he was quite humble and not arrogant at all, starting to wonder.

Aren't we forgetting that Khan is only 22 though? We weren't all watching Manny aged 22 and taking his opponents apart?
I was :) At the age of 22 Manny was 32-2 and a 2 weight world champ. He's also arguably beaten 'the man' in every division he's fought. Khan's 23, 22-1 and really hasn't fought anyone yet. Never even beat the top domestic fighters at lightweight. Talented, undoubtedly. Still has major, major question marks though.

Plenty of us stood and cheered him in Manchester too and then he still whinges like a bitch, I always felt he was quite humble and not arrogant at all, starting to wonder.
He gives the front of being humble, but for me it slipped after the Gomez fight. Gomez had just given him the fight of his life and he started going on about how easy it was once he got out of first gear etc. etc. I've had him down as a tosser ever since then.

but he's in the same division as Pac and Mayweather.
I'm talking bolocks agin. I'll have to cut back on the beer:lol Anyways, without Pac and Money he's still not proved himself to be in the top 5 light welters.:unsure

Re: boxing betting thread I hope Khan doesn't go through his career avoiding everyone else that is at their peak but under Uncle Frank that is likely to happen. Loved this Warren comment:

Khan has previously stated it is unlikely that he will ever fight Pacquiao, who is also trained by Roach and with whom the Bolton fighter has sparred, and Warren added: "They're professional fighters and maybe a couple of years down the road if Manny Pacquiao's still around, it may be a fight that takes place".
What he means is when Manny is shot and a has been he will let Khan face him to add another name to his CV just like the Barrera fight. He is Warrens cash cow at the moment so there is no way he will put him in with anyone that might potentially knock him out. Salita made Oisin Fagan look good. :lol

Re: boxing betting thread It is april the 17 th in copenhagen for kessler v froch,boys.I am looking forward to this one and i have just booked the flights for four of us for £53 each, with easy-jet and a 3 star for £78 a night,so now i'll wait for the tickets to come out,and game on. Should be a belter,many think that kessler will have too much for the cobra,even after ward.I still go with frochie,dissapointing though he was against dirrell.i still think that he can do a lot better,than that,his main task should be to start throwing his combinations against,get out of that languid mode he has gotten into of late. I think that there will be plenty of us there to see this one.