Best bet of the day 29th April

6.50 Lytham looks one of the best each way bets Ive seen in a while, dropped a 1lb in handicap and claimer jockey on board which should be useful after a couple disappointing efforts. Has a great strike rate around kemtpon with 5 runs and 3 wins. Finished 3rd behind monfils monfils recently and recieved a 1lb rise for that but then disappointing effort last time reiceves a 1lb drop for that. And has won off a higher mark than todays so wouldnt need to over perform to get a place here today! 0.5pt e/w Lytham

Re: Best bet of the day 29th April 6-05 At Punch Imperial commander, Did not seem to like the king george but still came home 6th, was still up a long way in the king george on box day with the likes of kauto star and did hit a few fences, however Paddy Brennan has always said its the best horse he has sat on, he came back in March at the chelt fest and won the Ryanair chase the only down side i have is Paddy Brennan goes for home just a little to soon but i still believe he gets the trip, N,T Davies has always been pretty bullish of him and know hes pretty special, he has also posted about with statements that hes ''VERY FIT'' to quote him ''VERY VERY FIT'' its a tough race but i think he's up for another win before they give him a break. BH sorry for any pissing about on my part, i just get carried away at times, its just a love for the game.

Re: Best bet of the day 29th April Looking at the Ascot card, i am not backing 2yo's until i have seen them a few times or noted them in running. In the 2.45, Rose Diamond deserves to start favourite based on its 2nd to Fantasia last season however the horse was highly tried in decent group races & its 4th behind Ouqba at the Craven meeting doesnt give me much confidence in taking a short price. Uvinza may be the one to take it on & was only 1L down when they met as 2yo's behind Rainbow View last Sept in the May Hill stakes at Doncaster. 4.30 ASCOT - NASRI (6F, CLASS 1, G/FIRM) Interesting to see Nasri out so quickly after what i would expect they would call a disappointing run in the Greenha at Newbury 11 days ago. That was over 7f & the horse was in front with 2f to go & then peetered out. However, the horse can show tomorrow how much speed it has & Ascot may play to its strengths as its drawn 2 & can get the rail & hopefully repel allcomers. Over 6f last season it won on its 3rd & 4th starts both at Newbury before failing in the Horris Hill on last start on softer ground. Last weeks ground wasnt ideal either therefore this is why i think it will return to form over its best distance & best ground. Going to back it each way as Paddy Power are offering 8/1 & a guaranteed price as well! EW __________________

Re: Best bet of the day 29th April Ascot 15.20 - Don't Panic Well what can I say about this one? I backed it 6 times to win the Lincoln. I fancied him strongly. And despite the fact the blighter had refused to race on it's previous outing, went and repeated the feat at Doncaster. To say I was gutted, was an understatement. However, it remains to be seen if he would have beat the winner on the day, Expresso Star, as he won so well. The reasons I'm siding with it again, is firstly, I believe tomorrows race we'll actally see it come out the stalls, as he is tried in blinkers for the first time. He's won at the distance and on the going. He's possibly the outsider of the field, but I'm not going to let that put me off. He has run in listed company before, although he's not won in listed company. Trainer Chappell Hyam has managed 2 winners from 12 runners in the last fortnight, so whilst not on fire, he has hit the ground running, whilst Munro who's booked to ride Don't Panic, has had 4 winners in the last 14 days from 33 rides. He's a jockey I have time for. Showing 18 on Betfair (as I write) and 16/1 with Paddy Power. I have a hunch he may just bely his odds! Only 7 runners so 1pt win Betfair place price currently 6.4 so 0.5pt place as a saver :hope I would imagine this horse will be friendless in the market, so the price could be a false one. (Nothing like horses to make us look fools eh? )

Re: Best bet of the day 29th April 5.05 ASCOT TRAFALGAR BAY 0.5 E/W Is on what looks a very handy mark on best form and am willing to take a chance at the price that TB will last the mile has been excuses for its two poor efforts on previous tries at this distance. Has won here and showed his well being when solid 5th lto over 7f. Should be around 20's tomorrow with the bookies. Would have been my super nap if this had of been over 7f. Jockey is in good form.

Re: Best bet of the day 29th April 2.55 Pontefract - NATIVE RULER Really sweet on Native Ruler, after reading glowing praise from Henry Cecil. He is sure to be popular tomorrow, and will be many peoples banker of the day, he may well go off a shade of odds on, but in this situation, I do not think that should put you off. Although only once seen on the racecourse, he managed to make a good impression that day, whilst finishing 2nd behind Sopranist. Although he was an even money favourite, and was beaten, he clearly did not really appreciate the ground, and the track did not suit. Tomorrow, at Pontefract it is hoped that conditions will be more in his favour, and he is sure to have learned a great deal after his promising racecourse debut. He is very well bred, being a half brother to Sixties Icon, and holds both Dante and Derby entries, so is obviously highly regarded at home. If the penny drops a little bit sooner on this occasion, then surely he will be very difficult to beat indeed. WIN

Re: Best bet of the day 29th April 230 Sth: Thenameescapesme Had this sorted for Monday only for the rain to come and was withdrawn so will chance it again at Southwell. Noted it last time on his comeback after the winter break, they have to keep him for the better ground and ran well in defeat. Has slipped to a fair mark of 95 and Kim Bailey's horses are running pretty well to their form of late. If he can just improve a couple of pounds should take all the beating here. *Out all day so table wont be up before midnight, Oh and Top Cats bet will be void unless some decent reasoning is added, the picture goes and the ink is black, apart from that it ok!:ok

Re: Best bet of the day 29th April 3 Jockeys to keep note for Southwell Harry Skelton for Evan Williams in the 4-45 (1 ride) T. Siddall for c.longsdon in the 5-50 (1 ride) sorry hes in the 3.05 to Choc Thornton for Alan king ( shilpa ) was a non runner from monday.

Re: Best bet of the day 29th April 5.05 Ascot - Highly Regal This horse has one for me twice and I got him at big prices both times. I don't have too much of reasoning behind him other than he's one of a few horses I support. For example I support Cheltenham town football club, just relegated, and even if they played Man United I'd still put a couple of quid on them. This horse, however, isn't racing against the best it's in a race it has a chance of winning. Highly priced because never proven on turf but should it be ok with the gorund we'll see it win. Alot of the other horses have also not shown fantastic performances on turf as well. I'm going to take the win here because I think He'll either win or come last. I'm just going to hope. 1pt Win

Re: Best bet of the day 29th April 6.05 Punchestown I think Schindler's Hunt has been overlooked in the betting here. He comes into the race in the form of his life. He was third to Imperial Commander in the Ryanair and then followed up that fine effort to finish a head off Voy Por in the Melling Chase at Aintree. Those are two fine pieces of Grade 1 form and he is proven on this ground and at the track. The distance is the potential problem, as he is unproven beyond 21f, but he is untried beyond that trip and worth a go. Trainer already had a winner at the festival, upsetting the big boys with Rare Bob yesterday. win

Re: Best bet of the day 29th April P3.30 Royal Applord 0.5pt E/W I think it's a bit too early to be writing this one off at the ripe old age of 4 ! The horse won off 67 and 74 last year and is racing off just 60 today. A change of stables might re-ignite some form and at a general 25/1 I think it's worth taking a chance with e/w. When running for its previous trainer by the way (Kevin Ryan) is was even thought decent enough to race in class 3 events.

Re: Best bet of the day 29th April 4.40 Pon. DISPOL DIVA. 1 pt win. Dispol Diva has progressed nicely this year since being uped in trip to 11 furlongs at Southall on the AW on 19th March.He beat Augusta Gold by a convincing 4 1/2 Lengths.He then went to Catterick on 1st April where he came 2nd to Supernoverre over 12 furlongs in a Class 5 Handicap.He then improved again to win by a neck from Kochanski at Beverly in a Class 5 Handicap over 12 furlongs on the 15th April.I'm hoping that he can improve again to score here today.

Re: Best bet of the day 29th April 4:55 Punchestown The Midnight Club 2 PT BANKER WIN Classiest animal in the race with the best form. Will stay all day and then some and has ground to suit. Ruby rides Palace Merano instead, but that's not really a negative as Ruby didn't ride the selection in his brilliant 3rd in the Albert Bartlett. I tipped him up for that race e/w at biggish odds, stating

For those who have seen any of my main tips this week, this selection wont really come as a surprise, (trained by WP Mullins) Biggest negative is Ruby Walsh has chosen to ride one of the favs Pride of Dulcote, who for me is too short so Im looking to take him on. Much like Mikael D'Haguenet earlier in the week, the general conclusion is he will require the ground soft, but I reckon he will handle good/soft just fine. Is on a 4 timer, having beaten the very useful looking and subsequent winning Paul Nolan runner Clan Tara LTO by a very easy 2l over 3m. As said with Mourad earlier, Mullins horses have been on the whole running very well this week and I actually quite fancy this one to win let alone place. Willie Mullins said he will be keeping him to long distances on stiff tracks and testing round. Whilst he wont get the testing ground, he will definitely get the stiff track (not quite testing ground), and hopefully he can get a decent pace to come off late on.
At 8 years old, he is hardly a spring chicken in the jumping game, where the star horses seem to be getting younger and younger, but big things are expected from this animal next season and this can be viewed as a stepping stone to bigger and greater things. Only negative for me, is the form of the big Cheltenham runners/winners. (Cooldine/Master Minded in particular). Hurricane Fly was impeccable but as we know, he missed Cheltenham. I'm willing to take a punt though on the selection and he is my banker bet for the month.

Re: Best bet of the day 29th April Asc 5.05 Blue Spartan 1 pt win Tough looking handicap but going for BM runner here. Interesting put into a newb maiden that BM often targets (won it with Diamond Tycoon, had African Art in it too this year before) and whilst did nothing in that race, improved since. Won at the third attempt on soft ground and in fair style before finding a handicap which turned out to be won by the decent Steele Tango. Off for a while since then but the booking of spencer catches the eye, pretty unexposed in the context of the race and whilst this ground is an unknown, particularly for a soft ground winner but some relatives have found form on such a surface and may just go on it.

Re: Best bet of the day 29th April Pontefract 4.40pm 1pt lay Dispol Diva Horse is in great form with 1,2,1 from last 3 races but today the field has a few that will get this today,trip is ok but up 5lb from LTO and will have to race at top form to win this today,laying. Goodluck Whatever You Bet Today

Re: Best bet of the day 29th April 330 Pontefract - This ones for eddy - each way Still looks feasibly treated on turf after an easy C&D win last time. He is in good form with his only recent lacklustre run coming over an inadequate 12f and remains worth following.

Re: Best bet of the day 29th April 2:30 Southwell I like the look of Militant Man in the 2:30 at Southwell. Will relish the soft ground and he came back to win well last time out. He can definately handle the trip after his last 26f win at Hereford and today he Goes down 3 pounds from his last win. I think it will be between him Canon Fire and Thenamescapesme for 1st place, but I am going for Militant Man for a bit of value 10/1 E/W

Re: Best bet of the day 29th April Punchestown 6.05 Scotsirish Win Looks the best of the 2 Willie Mullins entrants into this race with Ruby Walksh taking the ride. Has won round this course before at last year's meeting over 2m5f; ground conditions shouldn't oise a problem; stable amongst winners yesterday. Only question mark surrounds stamina for the trip - if he gets it, could very well be involved at the finish.

Re: Best bet of the day 29th April Kempton 8.50 Sammy The Snake @ 14/1 love this horse cant believe the price of it, may prefer the ground heavier and is up against Eisteddfod who won last month with the same going standard, but im going to go for sammy the snake at a very good price 14/1. good luck to all who bets today :nana

Re: Best bet of the day 29th April

Ascot 15.20 - Don't Panic Well what can I say about this one? I backed it 6 times to win the Lincoln. I fancied him strongly. And despite the fact the blighter had refused to race on it's previous outing, went and repeated the feat at Doncaster. To say I was gutted, was an understatement. However, it remains to be seen if he would have beat the winner on the day, Expresso Star, as he won so well. The reasons I'm siding with it again, is firstly, I believe tomorrows race we'll actally see it come out the stalls, as he is tried in blinkers for the first time. He's won at the distance and on the going. He's possibly the outsider of the field, but I'm not going to let that put me off. He has run in listed company before, although he's not won in listed company. Trainer Chappell Hyam has managed 2 winners from 12 runners in the last fortnight, so whilst not on fire, he has hit the ground running, whilst Munro who's booked to ride Don't Panic, has had 4 winners in the last 14 days from 33 rides. He's a jockey I have time for. Showing 18 on Betfair (as I write) and 16/1 with Paddy Power. I have a hunch he may just bely his odds! Only 7 runners so 1pt win Betfair place price currently 6.4 so 0.5pt place as a saver :hope I would imagine this horse will be friendless in the market, so the price could be a false one. (Nothing like horses to make us look fools eh? )
Well, well, well! I can't believe he stopped in the stalls yet again! :$ :cry I wonder over the last 3 outings how many punters have lost their money without even getting a run? It's a joke really, Someone should be held accountable, or we should get our stake back. Surely, the trainer can't be allowed to keep entering him races that the horse isn't gonna take part in? There can only ever be one winner and it aint the punter!! Or am I just being bitter? :wall FOOTNOTE: I see another right turn up as well! Commentator called Perfect Stride the winner, even tho it was a photofinish and it did look to tight to call. Betfair were going 1/10 on Perfect Stride and yet low and behold......................General Elliot called the winner! A right body blow for Stoute/Ryan Moore backers.

Well, well, well! I can't believe he stopped in the stalls yet again! :$ :cry I wonder over the last 3 outings how many punters have lost their money without even getting a run? It's a joke really, Someone should be held accountable, or we should get our stake back. Surely, the trainer can't be allowed to keep entering him races that the horse isn't gonna take part in? There can only ever be one winner and it aint the punter!! Or am I just being bitter? :wall FOOTNOTE: I see another right turn up as well! Commentator called Perfect Stride the winner, even tho it was a photofinish and it did look to tight to call. Betfair were going 1/10 on Perfect Stride and yet low and behold......................General Elliot called the winner! A right body blow for Stoute/Ryan Moore backers.
I don't agree. As much as it's one of the most frustrating things in the world, everyone knows the rules about runners that refuse. And, in particular, supporters of Don't Panic. Personally I would have been very wary about backing such a quirky animal. If he refuses once, then you could forgive him as it could have been a fluke. But given that he'd done it in his previous 2 races, you must have known there was a decent chance that he has a pyschological problem and therefore was a good chance of him doing the exact same thing again. Why back a horse that you're not even sure will come out of the stalls? I wouldn't

Re: Best bet of the day 29th April i have been told accumulators are just like throwing your money away but i had a few quid today so i thought i would do one got my first 2 Patkai and The midnight club next is dungaib and watchmaker does anybody think watchmaker has a good chance at the opening race of kempton?

3:55 Ascot - Patkai - Back Grew really fond of this lad last year. He was terrific all season, and racked up a number of wins in a sequence. Looks set for another good year this year, and should get off the mark today 1pt win
Winner, winner, chicken dinner! (especially for you Trotter(lol)) :nana:nana:nana

Re: Best bet of the day 29th April my original a NR so here goes: 7.00 Kelso - KILCANNON SUPREME EW Kilcannon supreme is trained by peter bowen who has a very impressive strike rate here of 34% winners 11-32 & over 50% for places from those 32 runners overall. Looking at the form of this horse it is now 4lb lower than winning mark last July at Bangor over 2f shorter. its best form seems to have come on this type of ground also. Tom O'Brien has 2 rides here tonight for Bowen with Megaton later on.

Kempton 8.50 Sammy The Snake @ 14/1 love this horse cant believe the price of it, may prefer the ground heavier and is up against Eisteddfod who won last month with the same going standard, but im going to go for sammy the snake at a very good price 14/1. good luck to all who bets today :nana
Not quite sure how you get any heavier ground at kempton?? hehehe!!