Best bet of the day 11/2/09

fintron

2.05 Kempton

An open looking handicap to open the card here and they're betting 4/1 the field tonight on Betfair. Plenty look to be in with a chance - Ready to Crown chased home Colonel Sherman last time out and the form of that race has been boosted through the third (Mix and Match, who reopposes here), and Sir Mark Prescott's runner Rough Sketch, the current fav, is lightly raced and could be worth noting if there is support. The Graig would interest me if running over shorter but I think he may be found out over this trip so the one I'm on is Noah Jameel who could potentially go off at an overly generous price IMO. Both of his career wins have come at this track over this sort of trip and his last run suggests he needs further than the 1m 1f 103y he tackled at Wolverhampton that afternoon. He made good late progress inside the final couple of furlongs and looked as though he would have a race in him of this sort of mark. He's only 3 lbs higher than his last win, in Feb '08, but that doesn't offput me because he's had a couple of near misses. Similarly, the 72 day break isn't a problem either as his last run came off the back of an absence of a similar length. I've had 13.5 matched tonight and would be happy with anything of 6's or bigger at SP. 2 pt win - Supernap.

Re: Best bet of the day 11/2/09 Lingfield 13:40 - Dream In Blue (Nap) I backed this horse last time out on debut and he ran a good 2nd behind the winner Sounds Of Jupiter, I thought he stayed on really well after he began slowly and this step up in trip to 1m 5f should really suit, Osbourne's stable is in good form over the last couple of weeks, Not that many winners but there horses are running well into places, Last 25 runners have seen 3 winners, 3 seconds and 8 thirds so not bad at all. Shane Kelly was out of luck yesterday on his three rides and he comes to Lingfield to ride this then heads off to Kempton. I think Dream In Blue will take the beating here. 1pt win

Re: Best bet of the day 11/2/09 4:35 Kempton - MUKTASB 1PT WIN The notes from the RP after his last run (which was over c&d)say

Muktasb had no choice but to miss the break from his moderate draw, and struggled for room in the final stages. He was gaining with every stride close to the line and is clearly in good heart.
This suggests that he would have certainly gone closer/perhaps won had A/ He not been forced to miss the break B/ Not run out of room towards the end Having watched the race again, I concur with the statement, and also took note of the way Obe Royal finished in 4th. Obe Royal has subsequently gone on and franked the form by winning yesterday. Aside from the run LTO, he has run over c&d on 7 other occasions, winning twice (when completing a hat-trick of wins, this time last season, off the same mark as he runs off today) placing twice and out of the places 3 times. 6f is his optimum trip, and he has been as high as 72 (feb '08), 12lbs higher than he is now, so looks feasibly treated if its a going day. Although the other market principals are rated higher, based on what Muktasb is capable of and how well he ran LTO, they will struggle to give him weight.

Re: Best bet of the day 11/2/09 15.05 Kempton Mister Trikster 0.5 e/w I have two nice value selections for this race. The other one is Siraj with 4 wins at Kempton, but on 6 f. However my nap will be Mister Trikster. He came back after long out of racing time with nice 4th placer here in Kempton. The previous race wasn't bad and he really finished very strongly at the end. Tony Cullhane is very experienced jockey, who rides very well in sands. Maybe he will find some better space for attack then Micky Fenton (rode Mister Trikster last time), who really has some bad days in last few weeks. Thabat, Bold Diva, and Bollwood style aren't something special, so i think Trickster may show some old tricks to the young horses here :) Clear value for this horse to play on

Re: Best bet of the day 11/2/09 4.10 Lingfield: Good Buy Dubai First try in a handicap over C&D LTO and was backed as if a big run was expected. That was first run since August and should strip fitter for it - every chance today from 1lb lower. WIN

Re: Best bet of the day 11/2/09 Ling 1.10 Rapid City 5/2 bet365 bog 1pt win I dont often venture onto the a/w that much but a horse I followed a couple of years ago was Rapid City. He was a progressive horse two a/w seasons ago and after his narrow defeat giving a pound behind mighty who went onto be 110+ rated, I felt could go to even better things. It didnt turn out like that at all. The fact he has now dropped 20 pounds show that. However I have noticed that lately at this level he has been winning some races. In this current a/w season he has won twice and that included a win two starts back on this track. Lto he never took to the demands of the fibresand but back at ling. where he has a good record and at 10f which probably is his trip even though he has got away with winning at 12f two starts back. Unlike some of these in this race he has shown he can win races and that his recent form isnt that bad. Given his normal hold up style he will need the gaps to come at the right time but if they do he could notch up another win at ling.

Re: Best bet of the day 11/2/09 Old Romney 4.40 Lingfield Won well last time out in Lingfield holding off Middle of Nowhere (who won very well yesterday) and maybe could've won lto in Wolverhampton had the jockey not dropped the whip. With formiddable guest a non runner i think Old Romney is worth another go. Good luck today guys

Re: Best bet of the day 11/2/09

4.10 Lingfield: Good Buy Dubai First try in a handicap over C&D LTO and was backed as if a big run was expected. That was first run since August and should strip fitter for it - every chance today from 1lb lower. WIN
Have it in a double with Old Romney. :hope Good luck my friend

Re: Best bet of the day 11/2/09 Lingfield 3.10 - Teasing - Win Has won it's last 2 races and drops back to claiming company after winning a class 4 handicap under a penalty last time out. Main doubt is the trip as he's been running over further than a mile - this probably explains why he isn't favourite at the moment, tho' his odds are coming down and he might be favourite by race time. Has a good turn of foot for a low grade horse and that might stand him in good stead over this shorter trip.

Re: Best bet of the day 11/2/09 MIX N MATCH 2.05 Kempton. 1 point win. Won well enough last time to suggest that he can go close again today. The trip and surface suits and although up several pounds in weight, he should get a good trip and be in the mix up at the end.

Re: Best bet of the day 11/2/09 MAGIC KAHYASI 2.10 Lingfield. 0.5 points each way. Allowed to race of the same mark (51) as last time, and with being unexposed and open to improvement over this trip, he does appear to have a rick solid each way chance. Obviously has the in form favourite to beat, who's also improving, but at the odds and with not too much between them at the weights, we appear the bet.

2.05 Kempton<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

An open looking handicap to open the card here and they're betting 4/1 the field tonight on Betfair. Plenty look to be in with a chance - Ready to Crown chased home Colonel Sherman last time out and the form of that race has been boosted through the third (Mix and Match, who reopposes here), and Sir Mark Prescott's runner Rough Sketch, the current fav, is lightly raced and could be worth noting if there is support. The Graig would interest me if running over shorter but I think he may be found out over this trip so the one I'm on is Noah Jameel who could potentially go off at an overly generous price IMO. Both of his career wins have come at this track over this sort of trip and his last run suggests he needs further than the 1m 1f 103y he tackled at Wolverhampton that afternoon. He made good late progress inside the final couple of furlongs and looked as though he would have a race in him of this sort of mark. He's only 3 lbs higher than his last win, in Feb '08, but that doesn't offput me because he's had a couple of near misses. Similarly, the 72 day break isn't a problem either as his last run came off the back of an absence of a similar length. I've had 13.5 matched tonight and would be happy with anything of 6's or bigger at SP. 2 pt win - Supernap.
2nd, Great pick mate...even though you advised win I hope people took each-way. :tongue2

2.05 Kempton<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

If ever I wanted a supernap to work out, it was a horse like that, at a price like that. I take my hat off to you mate, and can only say that was one of the most unfortunate outcomes Ive seen in a while. Hope you were on him e/w yourself though mate. :ok

If ever I wanted a supernap to work out, it was a horse like that, at a price like that. I take my hat off to you mate, and can only say that was one of the most unfortunate outcomes Ive seen in a while. Hope you were on him e/w yourself though mate. :ok
Cheers guys, unfortunately I went win only, backing last night through betfair. I also took it in doubles with Bold Diva, Safin and Rule Britannia, so 3 doubles down too. A neck defeat is very frsutrating but you can't win them all I suppose. :\

Cheers guys, unfortunately I went win only, backing last night through betfair. I also took it in doubles with Bold Diva, Safin and Rule Britannia, so 3 doubles down too. A neck defeat is very frsutrating but you can't win them all I suppose. :\
:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy I had it to be placed at 5.40 @ betfair .. mass profit :dude:dude:dude

Great look!!!! and ****** bad luck :(

15.05 Kempton Mister Trikster 0.5 e/w I have two nice value selections for this race. The other one is Siraj with 4 wins at Kempton, but on 6 f. However my nap will be Mister Trikster. He came back after long out of racing time with nice 4th placer here in Kempton. The previous race wasn't bad and he really finished very strongly at the end. Tony Cullhane is very experienced jockey, who rides very well in sands. Maybe he will find some better space for attack then Micky Fenton (rode Mister Trikster last time), who really has some bad days in last few weeks. Thabat, Bold Diva, and Bollwood style aren't something special, so i think Trickster may show some old tricks to the young horses here :) Clear value for this horse to play on
good call again ogii

Re: Best bet of the day 11/2/09 16-05 Kempton - Princess Cagliari - Lay Has finished 2nd last three times out off a mark of 64 and just can't seem to get her ahead. Is up 4lbs for run lto and with her struggling off her previous mark I can't see her making any headway off her new mark. Her opponents include in-form Kheley who has won her last 2 outings and only goes up 4lbs aswell so there is no reason for he can't perform again. The value bet to me is Raimond Ridge who has found form on his last 2 starts and he really seems to be improving and could take this off just a 2lbs higher mark than last time out. As I say if I had to pick a winner I would give the nod to Raimond Ridge, but for the purpose of this thread a lay on Princess Cagliari. Currently 6/4 available.

Jesus Wept!!!! The Mis-fortune continues 4:10 | 4 True Britannia (A Elliott, 15-2 ); 7 Good Buy Dubai (R Winston, 3-1 2nd-fav); 5 Peintre D'argent (R Kingscote, 9-2 ); 9 ran. 1 Nicky Nutjob (J Quinn, 5-2 fav); :sad

Re: Best bet of the day 11/2/09 I saw the funny side when it won. I had Noah Jameel at 12/1 and with the bog on Rule Brittania I would have been looking at near 100/1 for the double. I've ended up with nothing, but maybe I need to consider backing each way now?Anyway, well done to todays winners, Ogii with another nice place and NMc and Zero with successful lays :clap

Re: Best bet of the day 11/2/09 Was nice day, but some bad luck and some mad prices goding down made it bad day. I Had Inch Joel in my play selections for Place and win, but didn't play it, cos it went below my playing value. THen it happends the same with Mister Trickster geting down the price from 22 to 10 at bookies and in betfair from 27 to 10, missed the moment with 6.00 for place and didn't play it. Then my only serious money play for the day was Rodgeway Jazz for the place with very nice 4.00 for such a race, he finished forth... Then Luscious Lips was withdrown just before the start (Betfair back my money) and i waited the last run and put some small bet on Inch Lodge at 10 on Betfair and when all the bookies start to put up the price from 7.5 to 8.5 and market reacts with closing 9.6, 9,8 on Inch Lodge, the favorit Old Romney was W/O and i decided that there is no sense to play on 5.6-6 :) And of course it wins nicely :) There are such days, when you feel the horses, but someting happends and you are on loss :) But for sure there are other days that you didn't play those selections because of low price, noone wins and you save a lot of money :) So now i back from work, will do my salade at home and will drink 1-2 glasses of Rakia for such a day :)