Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning It was pretty windy during the Gasquet Junquera match and it helped make the match a bit closer. I don't think Gasquet performed particularly poorly and personally I wouldn't bet against him having a comfortable win over Istomin. I agree with the Razzano pick and have taken Baltacha +5.5 games @ 2.00 and +1.5 sets @ 2.62 on PP. I've also had a small go at Bremond @ 3.00 as even though Vaidisova is not right in the head, she still had to be despatched and the French lady did it convincingly, while Bondarenko endured an unseemly struggle against some 16 y/o. I don't ever like backing either of them as faves so the value is with Bremond. I got Lisicki @ 2.5 but that's been cut. She's a cracking young talent with some good form in the lead up who did well here last year, putting out Safina before being knocked out by Wozniacki. Stosur leads the H2H and will be buoyed by home support but makes too many errors and just hasn't done enough to justify the fave tag.

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning k.bondarenko vs dominguez as i watched the mtach vs radwanska,i couldnt not see how hard k.is serving.there she was big trouble ofr agnieszka.from the baseline heavy hitters and moved well.looks like she feel the game.havent see dominguez but her fav surface is like every spainier.rad cly so there she had the most succes.here where you have to use more power then precision i think she dont have it bondarenko 1.5 5u

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning razzano-schnyder match is itrensting as well.schnyder leads h2h 2-0.i watched razzano last match and she was lucky that gajdosova beat her slef with lack of movement and she was playin risky either in or out.but mostly out.and her serve is nothing spectacular.i know that gajdosova because she is slovakian.and just before the tornie she became aussssie....if only i knew something more about schnyder form i will take big,for now i just let it slight.but i would take patty,if i had to choose

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning

Who do you think will win Australian Open? :unsure I think to bet on Gonzales
hmmm,did you even see the draws?have look at them and you will realize in what you are getting youself in to

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning This bet is very tempting. 1st Set Score BLAKE, James (USA) | 6-0 13.00 Centrebet BLAKE, James (USA) vs DE CHAUNAC, Sebastien (FRA) Taking a big stake on this. A great chance to catch a nice price in AO. De Chaunac is a veteran of the veterans and have never been among the 100 best on the ATP rank. He got to second round by facing a belgian player as underdog. Darcis the favourite around 1.50. Darcis won first set but most belgian players are bad so he lost 3-2. De Chaunac only had some luck to face a belgian and he was not supposed to be in second round. He would have won against C Rochus also if he'd met him. Blake should destroy him. Not many sets finish 6-0 but good chance here. As far as I know Verdasco and Nadal is the only players who have won a first set by 6-0 in this tournament so far. Nadal was priced 8.50 on centrebet to win first by 6-0 against poor Rochus. Sebastien De Chaunac (FRA) Birthdate: 7-Oct-77 Turned Pro: 1998 Plays: Right-handed Current South African Airways ATP Ranking: 253 Best South African Airways ATP Ranking: 152 (18-Feb-02)

This bet is very tempting. 1st Set Score BLAKE, James (USA) | 6-0 13.00 Centrebet BLAKE, James (USA) vs DE CHAUNAC, Sebastien (FRA) Taking a big stake on this. A great chance to catch a nice price in AO. De Chaunac is a veteran of the veterans and have never been among the 100 best on the ATP rank. He got to second round by facing a belgian player as underdog. Darcis the favourite around 1.50. Darcis won first set but most belgian players are bad so he lost 3-2. De Chaunac only had some luck to face a belgian and he was not supposed to be in second round. He would have won against C Rochus also if he'd met him. Blake should destroy him. Not many sets finish 6-0 but good chance here. As far as I know Verdasco and Nadal is the only players who have won a first set by 6-0 in this tournament so far. Nadal was priced 8.50 on centrebet to win first by 6-0 against poor Rochus. Sebastien De Chaunac (FRA) Birthdate: 7-Oct-77 Turned Pro: 1998 Plays: Right-handed Current South African Airways ATP Ranking: 253 Best South African Airways ATP Ranking: 152 (18-Feb-02)
put a slice on 6-1 & 6-2 aswell, i dont see it going beyond 6-2... atleast you get some money bak if he does win a game. :)

put a slice on 6-1 & 6-2 aswell, i dont see it going beyond 6-2... atleast you get some money bak if he does win a game. :)
You gotta be kidding me? Blake is 10th ranked and he meets a french guy in a freakin grand slam who had some big luck to be drawn against a useless belgian who could not even beat a guy who never been higher then 150 on the ranking and currently is 253. If this would have been a normal ATP contest and not a GS I would not be so sure about Blake taking first 6-0. This Chaunac is not even young but he's in the second round of a GS. How can you even think Blake will mind droping a game? 6-0, 6-0, 6-0 << Blake lol, ok I'll be realistic: 6-0, 6-0, 6-1 lol :lol I mean give me a reason why the frenchman would be good in any way. He's over 30 and ranked 253. He's not even good. Maybe he wants to jump start his career again lol :lol Strange things happen in tennis sometimes like a guy being drawn vs some bad belgian, finding himself in round 2 of a GS.

You gotta be kidding me? Blake is 10th ranked and he meets a french guy in a freakin grand slam who had some big luck to be drawn against a useless belgian who could not even beat a guy who never been higher then 150 on the ranking and currently is 253. If this would have been a normal ATP contest and not a GS I would not be so sure about Blake taking first 6-0. This Chaunac is not even young but he's in the second round of a GS. How can you even think Blake will mind droping a game? 6-0, 6-0, 6-0 << Blake lol, ok I'll be realistic: 6-0, 6-0, 6-1 lol :lol I mean give me a reason why the frenchman would be good in any way. He's over 30 and ranked 253. He's not even good. Maybe he wants to jump start his career again lol :lol Strange things happen in tennis sometimes like a guy being drawn vs some bad belgian, finding himself in round 2 of a GS.
tennis isnt as predictable as it seems.. look at tsonga.. hes vsing the dud of all duds.. and hes getting killed. tennis sucks.

k.bondarenko vs dominguez as i watched the mtach vs radwanska,i couldnt not see how hard k.is serving.there she was big trouble ofr agnieszka.from the baseline heavy hitters and moved well.looks like she feel the game.havent see dominguez but her fav surface is like every spainier.rad cly so there she had the most succes.here where you have to use more power then precision i think she dont have it bondarenko 1.5 5u
nicely done.my record 1-1 and -2.5 u

record 1-1 -2.5 u, gulbis-igor 2-1 1st set, took it now after consideration about the match up.simply the odds are set wrong at the betfair.and i believe the quality will prevail igor 2.56 3.9 u
record 2-1, 3.5 u never in doubt igor

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning Anyone think that Delic looks a spot of value tomorrow against Djokovic? Djokovic has looked very shaky to me and I think Delic has the potential to pull off the first big men's upset of the round. At 25s (Betfair) I'm having a little nibble. Also think that the Dokic at 6s looks like good value. She will have the crowd behind her which is a definite bonus.

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning Although I bet on Ferrer 2.25 for tomorrow, I still think the best way to win in this Grand Slam is live-in play. So I concentrate almost entirely on live betting. It's hardly to get any success in matches where favourable mood or momentum decides all.

Anyone think that Delic looks a spot of value tomorrow against Djokovic? Djokovic has looked very shaky to me and I think Delic has the potential to pull off the first big men's upset of the round. At 25s (Betfair) I'm having a little nibble.
One thing to say about this is that it's Serbia v Bosnia. Quite a lot of Bosnian fans around and it could get mental:loon:loon

Also think that the Dokic at 6s looks like good value. She will have the crowd behind her which is a definite bonus.
I reckon Wozniacki will have plenty of support too. She's immensely popular and won't be winding up the crowd by shusshing them or using disruptive tactics like toilet breaks like Chakvetadze was doing. I don't think Dokic is quite ready to return to this level yet. She played well in parts against Chakvetadze but got away with making lots of errors. Woz will punish mistakes and missed opportunities, so a 2-0 smashing is the likely outcome for me. Not a whole lot of value here though.

What a ridiculous statement please tell me your not serious, just because the other guy is old does not mean he is cr*p, he obviously has a lot of experience so will know how to win a few service games at least! Also, he has got to the 2nd round so has won 4 matches already including qualifying so cant be that much of a mug.

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning helo boys MELBOURNE third round jokes are over obviously, 32 players left with one and the same target: to reach AO final, everybody beleiving too much on that target, and ALL refuse to be defeated, thats the pure meaning of a grand slam after all, and thats the reason i am addicted to slams, i really enjoying players efforts Safin to beat Federer @8.6 extraordinary choice, but not fool one, i rate marat as one of the most gifted players ever, unfortunately he didnt handle all those nature gifts very well, he choden other roads, life style ans play boy life, he lost discipline, he was easy opponent for every payer, what is absolute must for tennis, is the military discipline in private life, look federer, yes my pick is based what i read in a forum, that safin had good pre-season thats encourages me to back him at this big price, coz marat doesnt scare of federer, he knows inside of him, that he can beat him, marat is a winner here in 2005, actually he doesnt care who is opposide, he trashed djokovic during wimbledon, and current federer in no way is better than djokovic Safin @8.6, and i wish to give us plenty opportunities of trading, take the lead in sets is essential.. good luck boys :dude

Anyone think that Delic looks a spot of value tomorrow against Djokovic? Djokovic has looked very shaky to me and I think Delic has the potential to pull off the first big men's upset of the round.
I've took Delic @ 7.5 to win the first set.His serve could do that for me..:hope I don't believe that he could do something more!

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning Baghdatis @1.67 to beat Fis i like mardy fish, from a specific view: i can not find any american worse than him, but the problematic view remains: i can not find any one BETTER than him, even roddick is not better player than him, andy is just more frequent winner his game is always stable and reliable: big server as americans do it, and quite good net aproaching, but nothing special in my opinion baghdatis is doing very well slam, melbourne is his favourite place, and he really looks great, -look at his backhand, a tremendous weapon- baghdatis is the favoite here, and i strongly beleive that he will win this match one way or another Baghdatis @1.67 betfair is a must back :dude

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning Good night going 4-1 and close to getting the big hit on Baltacha. MULLER +7.5 games @ 2.00 Paddy Power. Muller the Grand Slam warrior is back and is going to be difficult to get through. After his amazing run at the US, he has started another beating Lopez 16-14 in the 5th then local boy Tomic from a set down. Of course del Potro is a massive fav but maybe Muller can nick a set, and at least keep this close. Muller looks to be serving great and won't be broken very often. Del Potro has come through without being tested so far and this is going to be a big test. FERRER @ 2.45 Pinnacle. This may seem strange as I've been going against Ferrer a lot recently, but I like him here. This looks a good match up for him as he'll make a lot of balls and will draw errors from Cilic. His form has been poor but he did look a lot better against Hrbaty (admittedly Hrbaty was crap). That could be the type of match that gets his confidence back and we'll get to see the real Ferrer again. Cilic I generally think is quite over rated. His forehand is produced in a bit of a strange way and I don't like it under pressure. He's got a big game, but I think Ferrer can nullify it. WAWRINKA @ 2.51 Pinnacle. A couple of quality players here both lacking a bit of form. H2H is 3-2 to Berdych but most have been close. Both have come through OK so far, without beating much quality. From what I've seen of Berdych recently, I'm just siding with Wawrinka a bit. I'd have this very close to 50/50. SAFIN +7.5 games @ 2.00 Paddy Power. Safin has looked pretty good so far and I expect him to step up for this one. Great memories for him of the meeting here 2005 - I don't think it'll be that close, but he should stay within 7.5. Federer has looked pretty good so far, but beating up chumps doesn't really give us an indicator of how he'll play against quality. Safin to keep this close for 3 or 4 sets. KLEYBANOVA @ 5.00 Blue Sq. Let's have a go at another big price. Ivanovic has still looked pretty shaky at times this week, and is still making too many 'easy' errors. She's going to be pressured in this match by Kleybanovas big hitting and could crack. Kleybanova is close to getting into the top 30, she has a big game and this could be her big breakthrough.

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning bartoli-safarova hi guys, today is horrible card but one match with solid odds caught my eyes.bartoli,lost some kg,and she is looking in her best shape in life.she had good preparation in brisbane where she reached final but there she lost to azarenka who is flying at the moment.i watched her live in that tournie.she looked great from baseline. on the other hand we have safarova,nothing special for me.she had so so preparation for tournie goin 2w 2l. all in all i think bartoli is better then lucie. marion @1.57 6u gl

Re: Australian Open 2009 - bets, predictions, reasoning HANTUCHOVA @3.1 Betfair. Well , may be hantuchova is not playing her best tennis at the moment , but for sure she is better player than Cornet. Hantuchova and cornet played 2 matches in australian open and both of them are won hantuchova in straight sets.The chances are are %50 - %50 for me.So, the odds of hantuchova is value.

What a ridiculous statement please tell me your not serious' date=' just because the other guy is old does not mean he is cr*p, he obviously has a lot of experience so will know how to win a few service games at least! Also, he has got to the 2nd round so has won 4 matches already including qualifying so cant be that much of a mug.[/quote'] You're wrong. You say the guy has experience but this frenchman was'nt good at all and he was just lucky to get drawn with the belgian Darcis. Nothing more and he is a mug. Never been higher in 10 years then 150 on rank and before AO he was 253. I saw the match, it really was'nt experience that made Chaunac win some games. It was Blake who time after time made to many errors. I would'nt call it experience if you win a game because your opponent makes errors. Chaunac looked inexperienced when playing but he was lucky Blake was to bad not to take advantage of Chaunacs slow playing. Conclussion: Blake was and is bad. Chaunac was and is slow and served like a true unexperienced player.