** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Hayley Turner

Trotter

12:20 Tue 30th Dec Lingfield1m 2f6Obrigado (USA)
14:30 Tue 30th Dec Lingfield6f4Newlyn Art
15:05 Tue 30th Dec Lingfield1m4Star Strider
18:20 Tue 30th Dec Wolverhampton7f6Kilkenny Bay
18:50 Tue 30th Dec Wolverhampton1m 1f6Mullitovermaurice
19:50 Tue 30th Dec Wolverhampton5f4Northern Empire (IRE)
20:20 Tue 30th Dec Wolverhampton2m 119y5Synonymy
21:20 Tue 30th Dec Wolverhampton7f 32y5Tri Chara (IRE)
13:00 Wed 31st Dec Lingfield7f6Indian Blade (IRE)
13:30 Wed 31st Dec Lingfield7f6Calypso Prince
14:00 Wed 31st Dec Lingfield6f6Mister Thatcher (IRE)
Those are her remaining booked rides for the next 2 days as she needs 2 winners to become the first female jockey to ride 100 winners I'll be cheering her on, she's a smashing jockey .............. At first glance I reckon Star Strider and Northern Empire must have cracking chances.

Re: Hayley Turner I really hope she gets it, it will be such an achievement. I never believed a woman would ride 100 winners in a season, not for a second. The last of those (Mister Thatcher) must have a chance, I've been on this horse for his past two wins - let's hope she has a winner later today. And yeah, I probably would. ;)

Re: Hayley Turner :hope for Hayley. :ok I've had some success in the past backing her in long distance races so if I'm passing a bookies tomorrow (and this is purely off the top of my head backing the jockey and not looking at any other form at all) I might have a little bet on Synonymy and hope she gets another to go with it. :)

Re: Hayley Turner I don't know how many winners off her this year, I still have a winning ticket for Mr. Thatcher from last Sat, so that's going back on tomorrow. I think Newlyn Art today is a strong chance too, as well as Northern Empire (rarely runs for Kevin Ryan so must be a gift). Good luck Hayley.

Re: Hayley Turner If she doesn't get there tonight, it's Mr. Thatcher tomorrow anyhoo. On Northern Dancer, Kevin Ryan could have used regular's Chris Catlin or Paul Mulrennan, he usually uses jocks from the same agent usually. I'm sure tonight he makes an exception, it seems like there are so many people in racing rooting for Hayley, even stable who normally don't 'support' her.

Re: Hayley Turner And I thought I was the only one with that fantasy. Sadly, as Russ says it will remain so. But isn't imagination wonderful Mileni? Long may Hayleys domination continue. She is the best woman jockey I have ever seen, more's to the point she is one of the best jockeys I have ever seen. Well done Hayley and sorry. I was going to add something else there but better not, I'd be banned. Ginge

Re: Hayley Turner Who is the best female jockey just now? Hayley? 100 winners can't be argued with... Kirsty? What has happened to her, last year's hot babe but no claim, winners dried up Nina? Class act, like Hayley, holds her own v. the lads or.... Katie Walsh? Class act, less mounts (keep it clean) but real value.

Re: Hayley Turner

Most female jockeys struggle to get a dozen winners after riding out their claim so to get 100 is amazing. Great jockey, well done Hayley. :ok I definitely would as long as she doesn't leave too many marks with her whip. :lol
I'm foaming at the mouth. On a serious note though, a brilliant achievement. I really can't get over it, it's that big an achievement in my opinion. :notworthy

Mileni, We don't want to drive away any female PL members so I will not be adding further to the inuendo. This thread should be celebrating Ms Turner's achievements. And what some achievements they are. Ginge
I don't really like her as a woman. I'm just having the piss :) Great achievement though. Rides the finish stronger than most of the men on the racecourse :notworthy

• 3 months later...

Re: Hayley Turner Racing Post: Hayley Turner has been stood down for a year after seeing the BHA's chief medical advisor Dr Michael Turner on Tuesday. The meeting was to review her condition after she had been knocked unconscious in a fall on the Newmarket gallops in March. Turner said she was "frustrated and extremely disappointed" at the news and added that she had no immediate plans as to what she would do over the next 12 months. Hope she comes back fit and well :hope

Racing Post: Hayley Turner has been stood down for a year after seeing the BHA's chief medical advisor Dr Michael Turner on Tuesday. The meeting was to review her condition after she had been knocked unconscious in a fall on the Newmarket gallops in March. Turner said she was "frustrated and extremely disappointed" at the news and added that she had no immediate plans as to what she would do over the next 12 months. Hope she comes back fit and well :hope
It's a shame. Worry is, she may start riding something else over the next year, which may result in her career taking a back seat.