OK you guys.......father xmas is here.

allhigh

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: OK you guys.......father xmas is here. now listen here you mob of RABBITS......... ime trying to help you here with the right info.!! both my horses will win..... i just discussed everything with my jockeys. the races are in TOWNSVILLE, QLD.AUSTRALIA.!!! so u have two options, keep guessing on here, or save up for the 24th.!!

Re: OK you guys.......father xmas is here. Allhigh, Certainties you say, so what prices are we talking about. Are these ante-post races, I guess not? Are these horses full of steroids too, like Takeover Target in Hong Kong (06)? Your name isn't Ken Callander is it? Do you know about true odds mate? Every horse has a price to back it and a price to lay it. No such thing as a certainty. Ginge

Re: OK you guys.......father xmas is here.

LOL.......GINGE. u know it all, son. my horses are certs. when i say they are. no one is as good as me setting things up. ive lived off it for 60 years. have a lovely day, and keep believing rubbish.
Excellent, so why bother with us mere mortals on a website? You millionaire you?

Re: OK you guys.......father xmas is here. and GINGE....rubbish=there is a price to back and a price to lay.!!!!!!! if one of my horses is 1.80 and i know it will win, ile back it. prices make no difference to my judgement/.!! have u any more wisdom you can share with me.?

Re: OK you guys.......father xmas is here. Allhigh sounds like a right BEAUTY!!!!!!!! :lol Allhigh Wrote : LOL.......GINGE. u know it all, son. my horses are certs. when i say they are. no one is as good as me setting things up. ive lived off it for 60 years. have a lovely day, and keep believing rubbish 60 YEARS BLINKING HECK you must be getting on do you have alzheimers??

Re: OK you guys.......father xmas is here. Plenty of wisdom mate, A £1 bet at 3/1 wins £3 plus your £1 stake = £4 return. If a punter has 100 individual bets of £1 all at 3/1 he must win 25 of his 100 bets to break even. Staking £100 and getting £100 back (25 x £4 return = £100). If he wins less than 25 he makes a loss, if he wins more than 25 he makes a profit. Therefore any horse a punter believes has a 25% chance of winning, should only be backed if he can get better than 3/1. Any horse he thinks has a 10% chance should be backed at better than 9/1, 6% = 16/1 etc. Therefore if a punter works out a four horse race as follows: A 40% 6/4, B 30% 9/4 (almost), C 20% 4/1, D 10% 9/1. A punter should only back A if better than 6/4 is available, B if better than 9/4, C 4/1 and D 9/1. So let's say D is the only one with a bigger price, say 12/1. Despite believing D to have a quarter the chance of A, D is the one to back. Winning less than 40% of your bets at 6/4 will result in a loss, winning less than 30% of bets at 9/4 will result in a loss, less than 20% at 4/1 loss. Yet a 10% strike rate at 12/1 would show a profit. So what prices are these bets of yours? Even if they are very short prices, any 1/3 shot should only be backed if you believe it has a better than 75% chance. Any 1/9 shot 90%. It's simple mathematics. The Ginger Preacher

Re: OK you guys.......father xmas is here. First figure plus second figure equals resultant figure. Second figure divided by resultant figure equals decimal. Decimal times one hundred equals percentage. 3/1 = 3 + 1 = 4 1 '/, 4 = 0.25 0.25 x 100 = 25 = 25% 3/1 = 25% It's called the table of odds and chances, or true odds. Your "certainties" may work in oz, not so here mate. Was told by an Aussie on another site the table was not well known down under. Ginge

Re: OK you guys.......father xmas is here. TIPSTER.......no mate, i recognize fools immediatley. and GINGE..... thank you so much. none of that rubbish applies to me.! you dont get it do you, ? i back my own horses when they are good things. at any price. any more advice ?.....but remember, ive forgotten more than u will ever learn.!

Re: OK you guys.......father xmas is here. GINGER young fella, i know the chances of every other horse in each race. i really think you should stick to backing systems........ the only problem u have is...... you have no idea if the horse is trying. you have no idea of the racing patterns of its opposition you have no idea if it ate its dinner the night before. you have no idea how its last gallop went. you have no idea how it travelled to the races. but you bore on.....no one makes money out of guessing, or playing systems......THEY DONT WORK.!!!