** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

OK you guys.......father xmas is here.

allhigh

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: OK you guys.......father xmas is here. Classic piece of entertainment, thanks for the laugh!! Needless to say, managed to keep my head and refrain from putting my hard earned on a whisper from a stranger. Especially one with that attitude. :clap to Allhigh/Rushinpulse/Father Xmas/Master whatever. :clap

Re: OK you guys.......father xmas is here. I was sceptical about this thread all along and have refrained from posting up until now to avoid verbal from the original poster. As someone said earlier in the thread, the trainer may know his horse is working well at home and is in good shape but they know jack all about the well being of any other horse in the field. Read any autobiography of former jockeys and you hear countless tales of people been given inside info that turns out to be duff......horse A is gonna hack up, lump on etc etc, and it does naff all. One of the oldest sayings there is, but there is no such thing as a certainty!

Re: OK you guys.......father xmas is here.

Classic piece of entertainment, thanks for the laugh!! Needless to say, managed to keep my head and refrain from putting my hard earned on a whisper from a stranger. Especially one with that attitude. :clap to Allhigh/Rushinpulse/Father Xmas/Master whatever. :clap
Exactly. :ok I think this highlights the principles of PL that you put reasoning with your bets. We have people posting in the Best Bet Of The Day thread finding regular winners and explaining why they fancy a horse but some con merchant comes along with "inside info" that is so inside that it is plastered all over several forums and people still seem willing to put their hard earned cash on a "whisper". It's just like the bloke that comes in the pub or the bookies with that "dead cert" or the tossers on course that hand you a brown envelope with "inside info" inside it straight from the stable and jockeys. Why would you want to tell a forum of people about your horse and bring the price down unless of course you were laying it or backing others? I've sat back and watched this thread with amusement and to be fair to AJ he doesn't post much in ATR but spotted it a mile off. The Master (bator ;)) was exactly that, a tosser of a con merchant with an attitude problem. I hope you didn't waste your money on these horses that couldn't lose and if you did I hope it was only pennies.

Re: OK you guys.......father xmas is here. I think some of you have been a little hard on Allhigh. True his attitude was not great, but if being cool headed and not responding in kind, people like that calm down. I think he is just a mis-guided owner of racehorses / punter who has no knowledge of how betting markets work. The "if I think it will win, it has a 100% chance" brigade. Suppose he wanted to make a big splash immediately and judging from the number of posts he's succeeded. Everyone knows there is no such thing as a certainty so what's the problem? Apart from being over confident I can't see much Mr Willey did wrong. I wish him and his family, particularly his stripper daughter ;) (well, burlesque dancer) a merry christmas. Ginge

I think some of you have been a little hard on Allhigh. True his attitude was not great, but if being cool headed and not responding in kind, people like that calm down. I think he is just a mis-guided owner of racehorses / punter who has no knowledge of how betting markets work. The "if I think it will win, it has a 100% chance" brigade. Suppose he wanted to make a big splash immediately and judging from the number of posts he's succeeded. Everyone knows there is no such thing as a certainty so what's the problem? Apart from being over confident I can't see much Mr Willey did wrong. I wish him and his family, particularly his stripper daughter ;) (well, burlesque dancer) a merry christmas Ginge
He probably layed them.

I think some of you have been a little hard on Allhigh. True his attitude was not great, but if being cool headed and not responding in kind, people like that calm down. I think he is just a mis-guided owner of racehorses / punter who has no knowledge of how betting markets work. The "if I think it will win, it has a 100% chance" brigade. Suppose he wanted to make a big splash immediately and judging from the number of posts he's succeeded. Everyone knows there is no such thing as a certainty so what's the problem? Apart from being over confident I can't see much Mr Willey did wrong. I wish him and his family, particularly his stripper daughter ;) (well, burlesque dancer) a merry christmas. Ginge
Come on ginge, you're not that naive. I think he knew exactly how betting markets work and used certain forums to lower the price of his horses/push others out. How many other trainers do we get on here just dying to tell you their inside info about one of their dead certs? You go on stable visits and if you were given info I wouldn't expect you to put it on a public forum and ruin the price for everyone else. He was a conman, a chancer and did not deliver.

Re: OK you guys.......father xmas is here. I'd be surprised if it truely was the owner "Mr Wiley", Ginge! It wouldn't be rocket science to do a bit of investigation on the net to find links like that and utilise it in his sting! I think the best way forward for this thread is to close it but maybe sticky it in it's own new cons forum here on PL maybe to warn others in future :ok

Re: OK you guys.......father xmas is here. all i recall was him saying they would both win....that didnt happen. Glad i havent wasted too much of my time on this fella but to be honest i thought the thread was fairly funny especially how quick he managed to come back with replies to everyones scepticism. thinking of giving him an xmas pressie later tonight ...;)

Re: OK you guys.......father xmas is here. I have seen his daughter's website which has a pic of him and his wife. He wears a betfair shirt which the daughter makes a comment on. As if to say my dad is an avid gambler. He Quotes three horses in which a Mr. Willey does have an interest. he claims to be an ex-trainer Mowgli, not one now. Can anyone check for us if a Mr. C. Willey was ever a trainer in Australia? So, for the moment (could be wrong) I think there is a strong possibility he is telling us the truth about who he is. Just wants the status of a man who's tipped winners. I can't see what he has said making much difference to betfair prices anyway. I'd rather see good in everyone until I know differently, yes, he could be a fake but give him the benefit of the doubt for now. All we know that he has done wrong so far is been over confident in tipping winners. Big deal. So why close a thread with this many posts? Ginge

all i recall was him saying they would both win....that didnt happen. Glad i havent wasted too much of my time on this fella but to be honest i thought the thread was fairly funny especially how quick he managed to come back with replies to everyones scepticism. thinking of giving him an xmas pressie later tonight ...;)
Put a X on the end of it from me too Bowles ;)

Re: OK you guys.......father xmas is here. Is this thread still going...!? Why is this idiot getting the 'airtime'? He came on here, ramped a few bets and now he has been banned - good. He wasnt going to stick around anyways. And Ginge, how exactly do you know it is his daughters website? I could direct you to a website and claim it was my daughters website... even though I don't have a daughter! :)

Re: OK you guys.......father xmas is here. C'mon guys the guy was a joker.....good fun, anyone who put money on his selections deserves to be burnt. Thoroughly enjoyed the thread, he should not be banned, but encouraged to carry on with his tongue in cheek banter!! :clap

Re: OK you guys.......father xmas is here. Well iv'e just read thread and i must say that as David Frost said at the start of 'Thru the Keyhole' the clues are all there. And heres a clue no one picked up on...

ive got about 6 or 7 horses in work in MACKAY in nth. QUUENSLAND, with a brilliant trainer called DARYL HANSEN, i buy the right horses, he gets them ready.....and i do his form for him, and pick races etc. we just keep winning thank god, as you say, training bills arent cheap, roughly $2500 per month, per horse.
I mean if you was a trainer or an owner surely you would know whether you had 6 or 7 horses in training :lol OH and :welcome to the forum and goodbye from the forum.