How much money to make with courtsiding one tennis tournament?

Re: How much money to make with courtsiding one tennis tournament?

Let me stress that I am most definitely not encouraging doing something like this. And my opinion is that discussing this issue here should not be perceived as encouragment for anyone trying it. However, lunatism, although I see your point that if someone actively advertises the fact that he is courtsiding a specific match (something that as you state would not happen anyway) people would have been suitably warned, I fail to understand your other argument where you state that courtsiding is different to the other methods of obtaining an edge. The way I understand it, it gives you some additional time, in the same manner that an automated bot would give you additional seconds. That's an edge in terms of time. Understanding things about value betting, randomness, and statistics in general, may give a stats punter an edge on the average punter in terms of probability. Being able to handle huge amounts of data and manipulating computer power may also give you an edge, etc. Coming from an obscure country, with obscure leagues and knowing for example that the star striker of a team has the flu, would also give you an edge. It rests on those betting in these markets to bet only when they know that they are getting a fair price. I personally would never bet for example on some obscure league as I know that there would be other people having more information on that particular league and therefore probably getting my money. In the same manner, I would never place live bets on tennis matches on things such as points, as I (now) know that people are courtsiding hence I would be expected to lose in the long run. Although this is not really the point that I was trying to make, I would like to add that on the hackers issue, I think that I have read somewhere (I'll try to find it if needed) that big organisations have been employing hackers to improve their security systems. So, although I would agree with you that we shouldn't be teaching millions of peoples how to become hackers, organisations whose secutiry is at stake (in the same manner as unaware punters whose money is at stake) should be informed that such methods exist and therefore should take actions to protect themselves (which they try to do).
ah, so we're in agreement then :D we both make some good points, we both make no so good points, and we both write an awful lot to make sure the opposite knows exactly what we mean

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: How much money to make with courtsiding one tennis tournament? Yes i must admit, sitting courtside to get a few seconds advantage is just sheer genius and requires a level of intelligence far far (did i say far) above what anyone here has got. So sorry to disappoint you.

Re: How much money to make with courtsiding one tennis tournament? Hehe, funny thread this one, I've just read it through today. I must admit the first post did have the old "Wind UP!" alarm bells ringing, isn't Felipe doing a bit of leg pulling here? On to the subject of Courtsiding, I can see a nice little tv documentary/drama appearing in a few years time about some nerdy fellows trying to outwit the "system" and getting mixed up in all sorts of japes and tomfoolery much like the card counters in Vegas with their transmitters in boots and strange signals to their other team members and the like. If there is a lot of money to be made and it's sailing close to the wind ethically and legally then you can bet your opponents at "courtside" might be the sort of people you would want to avoid upsetting by "damaging their business". I've probably been watching too many movies but where there's brass there's muck, to rework an old proverb;)

Yes i must admit, sitting courtside to get a few seconds advantage is just sheer genius and requires a level of intelligence far far (did i say far) above what anyone here has got. So sorry to disappoint you.
Good to see you've learned your lesson Eric, young Phil has put you in your place with his witt, wisdom and sporting knowledge.

Re: How much money to make with courtsiding one tennis tournament? Shame he limits his posts to this one thread, I for one would be delighted to have his wisdom in other areas. How you doing anyway, Jeffers ? Has your house burned down ? :unsure

My mate and me going to go courtsider next month. We expect to make about 300k we can share then over the course of the week.
no sorry mate, we have 40k as a starting bank that should be enough really no further stating money needed.
I dont have a partner
Why the **** should i post on any other thread. This forum is ******* boring cause its full of losers posting nonsense everywhere, this is only thing interest me thats why i post here.
I'm all for people being able to have their say on any subject but I do think that this is the end of this conversation.

Shame he limits his posts to this one thread, I for one would be delighted to have his wisdom in other areas. How you doing anyway, Jeffers ? Has your house burned down ? :unsure
Yeah fine mate, not too far from the fires but far enough away not to be affected here. :ok

Yeah fine mate' date=' not too far from the fires but far enough away not to be affected here. :ok[/quote'] This thread is not about discussing bush fires in egypt or wherever? Any more people comment on the topic please?

Re: How much money to make with courtsiding one tennis tournament? ok, what tourney will you courtside ? How will we know you're really doing it. You need to wear something distinctive so we can spot you on TV. How about green with yellow polka dots ? Without some evidence you're all talk

• 2 weeks later...

Re: How much money to make with courtsiding one tennis tournament? Good day to all, having read all the preceding posts on this thread, I wanted to add another aspect to it. Not only is tennis the subject of courtsiding, but golf is rife with the practice. The pictures of the USPGA tour that are broadcast in the USA on CBS tend to be about 5-10 seconds ahead of those broadcast on Setanta. Also, there is occasionally difference in coverage when the UK broadcaster goes to commercial break. Would the panel consider this to be either cheating or immoral if someone had seen the putt missed/holed and decided to lay/bet accordingly? At present, it is illegal for a person to bet on either betfair or sporting index from the USA -due to an amendment tagged onto a Homeland Security Bill a couple of years ago. With the new, more liberal administration in power, it mat well be repealed in the near future. If so, and the US market are ahead of the UK betting market by a couple of seconds, what is to stop them from exploiting this quite legally? With regard to how much money one can make, I think that depends on the liquidity of the market -a major tournament such as the Masters and the US Open will allow someone to bet in £1000's rather than £100's (depending upon their bank and nerve!). To give you an actual scenario, if you are watching someone taking say an eagle putt -should they hole it then their price would shorten dramatically. So you would have your bet ready to place and press as soon as you think it is going in the hole. With two people working in tandem, side by side, then you can either back or lay depending upon how the shot finishes. For someone who knows the game of golf, you can often tell the quality of a shot by the player's reaction -and subsequently lay the player 2 seconds before seeing the end result of the shot. When a tournament has a close finish (like the two this last weekend involving Danny Lee and Phil Mickelson ) with the lead changing hands several times over the final holes, it would be fairly easy to make a couple of thousand pounds -especially if you back then lay (thus reducing the need for a large bank). As the digital age marches on, it is quite ironic that analogue televisions get the pictures faster than the more modern ones, and if you have the technological know-how to hook it up to receive only sound, then that will come through even faster! All these tricks and many more are employed by the modern 'punter'. Is it fair? Well surely the whole point of gambling is to be one step ahead of the person against whom you are betting -whether that is in the form of fast pictures or knowing that a horse isn't trying and that it is just running for the trainer to justify his fees to the owner. Funny how trainers never tell you that...

• 2 weeks later...

Re: How much money to make with courtsiding one tennis tournament? Its not true that with an analogue tv the audio signal is ahead of the audio signal together with the picture. Are you talking that about cable or terrestrial. Either way its just not true there is no technical reason why that should be true. Analogue signals are instant, there is no time needed to encode the signal or whatever is needed for a digital tv. Other than that aprreciate your comment.

Re: How much money to make with courtsiding one tennis tournament? Felippe something about the terestrial signal. There is still 2 second delay. I have test it 2 times already. It can not be instant. I have talk with the guys - broadacters. Accidently i have seen them to broadcast a live concert. I ask them about the signals delay. There is no way the dealay to be less than 1.5 second. The time for uplink the signal from the place of event to sattelite - 2 seconds. After that we have downlink from sattelite to stoudio, encryption, and there you go 3 more seconds. For me the right way for courtsiding is with 2 people involved - one inside and one outside with computer, broadband conectiond. Connection betwwen them - with cell phones. The way using portable devices is slower way for me. I have tried with iphone 3G.

Re: How much money to make with courtsiding one tennis tournament? Massa id be interested in hearing more about the possibility of working with you. I understand Betfair, trading and software such as BetAngel. How can I contact you? Karl

Felippe something about the terestrial signal. There is still 2 second delay. I have test it 2 times already. It can not be instant. I have talk with the guys - broadacters. Accidently i have seen them to broadcast a live concert. I ask them about the signals delay. There is no way the dealay to be less than 1.5 second. The time for uplink the signal from the place of event to sattelite - 2 seconds. After that we have downlink from sattelite to stoudio, encryption, and there you go 3 more seconds.
Mate I am a pro trader obviously I know that there is a delay even on analogue tv. What i was only stating is that there will be no time advantage with an analogue tv if you manipulate the recieving so you only get the sound (and the picture maybe on second tv). That to me makes no sense as the delay is there cause of what happens in tv studious, satelite uplinking..., not in your home at your analogue tv as there is no picture encryption for analogue. I guess the guy who wrote that was only joking though.

I am a pro trader
This forum is ******* boring cause its full of losers posting nonsense everywhere
yeah, funny how a pro needs a forum full of losers to find a partner, ah well. KarlUK, welcome, if you want people to be able to contact you then just put your contact details in your profile.

yeah, funny how a pro needs a forum full of losers to find a partner, ah well.
I agree with you on the loser part but there is no forums full of winners. Other than that I didnt ask for partners, Karl did ask me and if hes a nice guy and knows well about betfair then for sure we can partner. [edit]