** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Italy v Romania (Friday)

Re: Italy v Romania (Friday) Italy Vs Romania Not going to mess about here, 8/11 is a good price and hopefully can get the weekend off to a flyer, will be having decent punt on the Azzurri to get their Euro 2008 campaign back on track and beat the Resolute Romanians, Who defended solidly against a France side which had no movement upfront, Anelka especially. Expect Toni and Di Natale to at least make more effort to try and move the Romanian defence about and out of postition. Against Holland the 3-0 scoreline was a bit harsh, Italy did show glimpses of what they can do when Pirlo got on the ball and started passing it. Quite Simply, Italy know they must win this game before even thinking about the final group game showdown with the French, i think they will. Italy WIN @ 8/11

Re: Italy v Romania (Friday) Cant see any reason not to back Italy in this one. Got beat 3-0 by the Dutch but they didnt play too badly in the game, just a bit unlucky. Romania got a draw against France, but that was no mean feat to be honest as it was a dull 0-0 and Romania rarely threatened to score. The Italians are blessed with quality and know how to grind out wins when they have to, which they do tonight. Fail to win, and it will most likely mean they are out of the competition so they cant mess around. Tuck into the 8/11 on offer, its tremendous value.

Re: Italy v Romania (Friday) DD2000, true but what did Romania defend against the other day really? France offered nothing so it was easy for them. They are a poor negative side in reality. Think Italy will grind out a win here, but it will probably take them a while to break them down yes.

Re: Italy v Romania (Friday) SportFootball (Internationals) EventItaly-Romania SelectionUnder 2.5 Strength10/10 Date13/06/2008 Bookmaker/PriceFonbet @ 1.60 (Back) Reasoning Watching both this teams in first two rounds i just cant see here more than two goals.Romania did what they wanted against France.They defended very well and France had only few chances to score.Now i expect same perfomance here from them and in offense they will try to explore counter attacks.On the other side Italy looked awful against Holland and they now must win this game if they want to make it to the next phase but it will be tough for them to do so.Also they concede three goals so they will probably want to keep an eye on their defense here and i doubt that Romania can score against them.For me this will be hard match so my bet is under as i dont believe in scoring abillities of this two teams.

Re: Italy v Romania (Friday) Romania are good side and certainly wouldn’t mind if the match ended in a draw but in order to get to the quarterfinals they need at least one group win. Piturca thinks that the6y stand some chance against Netherlands who they won in the qualifiers but they will try to celebrate against the Italians. Coach’s biggest hope is Mutu but the rest of the team led by Chivu will also have to give their best. Romani will have hard time handling Italy since their offensive potential is greater than France. They will, of course, have more space but there are great challenges ahead of them. They can’t afford conceding early since their chances will grow as the match goers by. Maybe it is time for Italy to go down in group stage. Romania win by 2-1:hope :cheers

Re: Italy v Romania (Friday)

Italy for me, Romania will fustrate the hell out of them but if we see 2 up front for Italy -Del Piero and Toni, then Romania could be on a hiding to nothing. Italy -1 @ 7/4
Following you here with this but got 11/5 from local bookie. Reason is I don't think Italy played as bad as the scoreline suggested against the dutch and really can't see Romania scoring if they play the way they did against France. Also covered my bet with a 1-0 correct score

Re: Italy v Romania (Friday) It would take a brave man to bet for the world champions to lose 2 games in a row. Just can't see it happening, but then again I bet nobody saw Germany getting beat last night. Romanian football is once again on the rise, but at this moment in time they surely don't have what it takes to beat the Italians. Everybody is talking about Italy looking vulnerable at the back, just because Cannavaro is missing. In my opinion this is not the case, firstly I do agree that Panucci should never be playing centre back, where is Barzagli or Andreolli?? These boys have great talent. Zambrotta or Chiellini at left back with Zaccardo or Panucci at right back. I believe Italy are weak up front, Luca Toni is a good target man, but Di Natale is nowhere near International quality. Del Piero is a legend and should be starting every game, this 4-3-3 doesn't suit the Italians, they need to play 4-4-2. If I was Donadoni I would start this game 4-4-2, with Del Piero and Cassano up front. Another problem is the way the national team has treated Francesco Totti, forcing him to turn his back on the team and retire. Despite all this I think Italy will just have what it takes to get past Romania. I will be betting with Ladbrokes at 8/13 - not the best but im on a roll with them just now!

Re: Italy v Romania (Friday) Italy - Romania (13/06/2008) Pick/s: Draw@ 3.6 (Bet365) 7/10 Romania Win @ 6.5 (Bet1128) 3/10 The Italians are priced too short in my opinion. Yes, the Italians are the world champions and Romania, although solid, are nothing spectacular. Yet, I watched Romania play sound football against an admittedly unspectacular French squad and I also watched Italy play a lousy game against a Dutch squad who were good but not unbeatable. So, if the Romanians can get a draw against France why can't they do it against the Italians? I'm also placing a few units on the big surprise win of Romania. If the Croats can beat Germany at similar odds then the Romanians can beat the Italians. The value is clearly on Romania.

Italy - Romania (13/06/2008) The value is clearly on Romania.
I agree with you dak. Romania are a side playing to their potential. They are a solid side who can be a game for every side. Italy are living off their reputation as World Champions but aren't playing like World Champions. They are being managed by an inexperienced manager. This will benefit Romania. At the end of the day it's about price and value. While Italy are favourites, the value is with Romania.

Re: Italy v Romania (Friday) ITALY-ROMANIA Italy were a negative suprise to me against Holland. They weren't as solid as I had expected at the back, and they seem to miss Cannavaro more than I would have expected. But I think they will pull themselves together tonight. Romania defended well against a slow and boring French side. Despite France not giving Romania too much to worry about, I still like this team, they have the potential to stir things up and qualify from the group with a little luck. Italy will want to improve and show their fans that they have what it takes. However it won't be a walk in the park this. Romania will defened, and defend well. I think they will have their chances as well, and it will be a matter of taking them. In Mutu they have a quality striker and he knows these Italian players well. Tough game to call, but I cannot see Italy trashing Romania tonight, so will side with the away side to keep it pretty tight. I don't think Italy will go all out attack here, leaving to much space for Roamina could be a disaster as Italy would go out of the tournament should they slip up and loose! Score prediction: 1-1 Pick 1: Romania (+0.75 AH) - 1,96 @ Expekt (3/10)

Re: Italy v Romania (Friday) hi, this is the first post i put here....about the match ITALY ROMANIA I think today Italy will win....but is to easy to say it....i mean it will win with 1 gol difference so i take X with handicap cause is very good payed....@3.30 bet365 with stake 2/10:ok

Re: Italy v Romania (Friday) Italy -1.5 Looking for Italy to bounce back after their defeat to Holland in the first game. It is a must win game for them and they know they need to improve quite a bit to win this. They are expected to make a few changes, at the back and up front, and hopfeully there will be more stell in the defence while if Del Piero plays as expected, then lokk foe him to give them the spark to lead them to victory. Withe Croatia beating Germany yesterday, they know they can't afford to be complacent and a loss here is the end of them. The Romanians were considered a dark horse at the start of the tournament and they played quite well in drawing to France, who must be said, offered little in attack. The Romanians will look to suppress the Italians like they did the French, but will face a much tougher and more committed opponent, who must be said, played better than the 3-0 defeat suggested. Italy should come out and really give it the Romanians.

Originally Posted by bagzi_cg viewpost.gif bagzi_cgRomania are good side and certainly wouldn’t mind if the match ended in a draw but in order to get to the quarterfinals they need at least one group win. Piturca thinks that the6y stand some chance against Netherlands who they won in the qualifiers but they will try to celebrate against the Italians. Coach’s biggest hope is Mutu but the rest of the team led by Chivu will also have to give their best. Romani will have hard time handling Italy since their offensive potential is greater than France. They will, of course, have more space but there are great challenges ahead of them. They can’t afford conceding early since their chances will grow as the match goers by. Maybe it is time for Italy to go down in group stage. Romania win by 2-1:hope :cheers
Maybe it's time to stop fantasizing? Draw is always possible yes but to go down to Romania NO ! And how they gonna do that/ scoring 2 goals ,who is gonna score ??? All they do seat back every game hoping for a Draw .Lousy team VS The Champs with a pride to bounce back from the loss.
Originally Posted by dak viewpost.gif Italy - Romania (13/06/2008) The value is clearly on Romania
I agree with you dak. Romania are a side playing to their potential. They are a solid side who can be a game for every side. Italy are living off their reputation as World Champions but aren't playing like World Champions. They are being managed by an inexperienced manager. This will benefit Romania. At the end of the day it's about price and value. While Italy are favourites, the value is with Romania.
Yes They been living off their reputation as World Champions.And they are been do in it for the last 50 or 60 years by beating shit teams . And Romania is the team to beat them :clap:clap:clap Who is next to go down to the Team Romania ? Brazil or Argentina? Kaka and Messi are keeping there fingers crossed not to be drawn in the same group with Romania.:rollin:rollin:rollin Good luck !!! No Way Through - Italy To Keep A Clean Sheet 2.10 bet365 for $ 200 Itlay win @ 1.69 betfair for $500 Italy -1.5 @ 3.32 betfair for $ 100 Reasons why Italy are gonna win are posted by the other punters above .I have nothing to add . Waste of time for you and me. I would consider to argue with all 3 of you if Romania had a recored of beating world class teams So far they beat nobody . And to be honest with you let's keep it that way ! Head to head recored : Mar 24, 2001 WC Qualifying Europe Romania 0 - 2 Italy i Oct 7, 2000 WC Qualifying Europe Italy 3 - 0 Romania i Jun 24, 2000 European Championships Italy 2 - 0 Romania i Apr 16, 1983 European Championships Romania 1 - 0 Italy i Dec 4, 1982 European Championships Italy 0 - 0 Romania i Jun 25, 1967 European Championships Romania 0 - 1 Italy i Nov 26, 1966 European Championships Italy 3 - 1 Romania i GL.

Re: Italy v Romania (Friday) Italy v Romania It would be a sin to write off the world champions even after their opening match loss to the Netherlands. A tactical & personnel change is expected from the Italians with a more attack minded approach. Changes in the defence is also likely, after their makeshift back-four, lead by Marco Matterazi crumbled against the Oranje army. The Netherlands punished the normally reliable Italian defence, that looked shaky & uneasy in the first-half, reflected by the 2 goals conceded in the space of 5 minutes. Attack-wise, the Italians looked much more menacing and could have even scored a couple goals, with a couple of clear-cut chances wasted by their front players. The introduction of veteran Alessandro Del Piero & Antonio Cassano in the second half injected more penetration & creativity to the attack. At the time writting, Del Piero is expected to start and captain the Italians for this match. No doubt, the Italians would go out for a win to keep their quarter-final hopes alive and it would not be too much to say that this game would be won in the first half, and Italy should win by two goals or more. Head-to-head, the Italians have a superior 5-1-1 records against the Romanians in competitive matches. The Romanian displayed defensive solidity against the French, but this was a French side whose strikers (Anelka & Benzema) did not really give the Romanian back four too much trouble. So, who best to test the true credibility of the Romanians but the reigning world champions. However, the Romanians should not be taken too lightly as this is a team that had taken four points out of six from none other than the Netherlands in qualifying. They won the qualifying group ahead of the Netherlands by a clear 3 points, beating them 1-0 at home and mustering a draw in the return fixture. No doubt that the Romanians would be a hard nut to crack but the Italians remain favourites to claim all three points from this match. Del Piero to score first.

Re: Italy v Romania (Friday) Group Stage Bet 7 Italy @ 1.80 7/10 Donadoni will have learned from the first game and changes are expected at the back and midfield where De Rossi and Del Piero will both come in and possibly Perrotta and Cassano. Romania were solid in the first game but France from midfield to front were awful. Toni missed a good chances against holland, look for him to bounce back today and the world champions at 4/5 should just have enough to keep their tournament alive.

Re: Italy v Romania (Friday) Really like the Italy clean sheet @ 2.06 Betfair tonight. Surely this is a massive overreaction to their 3-0 drubbing, which wasn't so much to do with bad defending, but Holland were on fire that night. Romania can take a draw here and then win against Holland and still get through, so it's not all or nothing for them just yet. This should be no bigger than 1.70 imo and I'm on.:ok

Romania are good side and certainly wouldn’t mind if the match ended in a draw but in order to get to the quarterfinals they need at least one group win. Piturca thinks that the6y stand some chance against Netherlands who they won in the qualifiers but they will try to celebrate against the Italians. Coach’s biggest hope is Mutu but the rest of the team led by Chivu will also have to give their best. Romani will have hard time handling Italy since their offensive potential is greater than France. They will, of course, have more space but there are great challenges ahead of them. They can’t afford conceding early since their chances will grow as the match goers by. Maybe it is time for Italy to go down in group stage. Romania win by 2-1:hope :cheers
Unlucky bagzi, you were nearly spot on!:ok
Maybe it's time to stop fantasizing? Draw is always possible yes but to go down to Romania NO ! And how they gonna do that/ scoring 2 goals ,who is gonna score ??? All they do seat back every game hoping for a Draw .Lousy team VS The Champs with a pride to bounce back from the loss. Yes They been living off their reputation as World Champions.And they are been do in it for the last 50 or 60 years by beating shit teams . And Romania is the team to beat them :clap:clap:clap Who is next to go down to the Team Romania ? Brazil or Argentina? Kaka and Messi are keeping there fingers crossed not to be drawn in the same group with Romania.:rollin:rollin:rollin Good luck !!! No Way Through - Italy To Keep A Clean Sheet 2.10 bet365 for $ 200 Itlay win @ 1.69 betfair for $500 Italy -1.5 @ 3.32 betfair for $ 100 Reasons why Italy are gonna win are posted by the other punters above .I have nothing to add . Waste of time for you and me. I would consider to argue with all 3 of you if Romania had a recored of beating world class teams So far they beat nobody . And to be honest with you let's keep it that way ! Head to head recored : Mar 24, 2001 WC Qualifying Europe Romania 0 - 2 Italy i Oct 7, 2000 WC Qualifying Europe Italy 3 - 0 Romania i Jun 24, 2000 European Championships Italy 2 - 0 Romania i Apr 16, 1983 European Championships Romania 1 - 0 Italy i Dec 4, 1982 European Championships Italy 0 - 0 Romania i Jun 25, 1967 European Championships Romania 0 - 1 Italy i Nov 26, 1966 European Championships Italy 3 - 1 Romania i GL.
Vitalyo, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss others in future.

Score prediction: 1-1 Pick 1: Romania (+0.75 AH) - 1,96 @ Expekt (3/10) :ok
A good game. Italy certainly were much better than against Holland. But I also felt that Romania were better today as well. In the end it was a deserved draw I think. Romania is a hard nut to crack, and I'm a bit suprised they are so dismissed in this tournament by so many. Wish I would have had a little on the correct score too. ;)

Re: Italy v Romania (Friday) shockingly bad, hopefully Holland will beat France tonight and then 'take it easy' against Romania in the final group game, thus knocking the French and Italians out! what amazed me is how none of the Italy midfield can run, actually Grosso looked like the only one who could stretch his legs, think thats why Italy have struggled.