Best bet of the day 2nd June 2008

Haven't seen a thread for this so here goes :ok 17:30 Leicester Hessian 1pt win 9/4 Had this horse in my notebook after being badly hampered lto. Still went very close and comes back over same c&d, nicely drawn in a weaker affair. This horse is very well in on his a/w form, racing from an 8lb lower mark than his last winning one and should go very close today.

Re: Best bet of the day 2nd June 2008 Carlisle 2.15 FARAWAY SOUND WIN Going to try and do win only's this month.;) Horse is in good form (3-2) And has cheek pieces fitted today.Both starts have been over 5f & 6f, today being 5f.(Tick) On the 6f he finished 2nd and the 5f finished 3rd.A drop back today can only help.(Tick) Has ran on GD-SFT & GD-FM todays running is GOOD. another bonus.(Tick) Lee Enstone has ridden this horse twice already so should know her well.(Tick) A reasonable S/R for the jockey & trainer.. Let's hope i am right..:hope

Re: Best bet of the day 2nd June 2008 8.00 Windsor - HOH MIKE (1pt Win) Hold up performer who is likely to be flying late on here. Impressive 5th in Group 2 last time behind the likes of Assertive and US Ranger and that form looks the best on offer here. Good record at the coure and if he gets a nice fast clip, should finish to effect and take this.

Re: Best bet of the day 2nd June 2008 3.40: Naas: Tax Free Raced twice in Ireland since turn of year - 2nd both times however ground was against the selection both times when softer than ideal. Ran right up to form when 4th to Fleeting Spirit at Haydock 9 days ago. Taken to reverse placings with Contest - beaten 1.25l over 6f at Cork in April - with return to 5f on faster ground in the selections favour. Also taken to reverse head defeat from Snaefell over C&D in April when ground was plenty slow enough. With ideal conditions today Tax Free will hopefully become the first horse to win this race in successive years. WIN :hope

Re: Best bet of the day 2nd June 2008 3-30 leicster-jilly willy-e/way- worth giving another chance as stumbled out of the stalls last time when fav,as won over this trip at the curragh last summer , the only thing i find negative is top weight, but they dont give donkeys top weight for nothing

Re: Best bet of the day 2nd June 2008 7.15 Thrisk Karoush was well backed/fancied in a hot maiden on his debut. The winner Aqlaam was expected to win and is Ascot bound. The 6th Film Maker was well backed and is well regarded (bolted up NTO). I was surprised to see a newcomer so well fancied in the race, therefore Karoush must've been showing a great deal at home. Under the circumstances he ran a fine race to finish 3rd. The 2nd and 4th have also won so I'm sure Karoush is expected to have no trouble tonight. Hoping for a bit of 8/11. Karoush - win

Re: Best bet of the day 2nd June 2008 Wind 8.00 Balthazaars Gift 5/2 var bog 1 pt win Classy horse, been placed in some of the top races in recent years, probably a bit frustrating that he hasnt won a bit more but undoubtedly talented on his day and showed that at york lto, a run which he should come on for, when he was drawn on the 'wrong side.' Looks to have a decent chance to assert some of his class today.

Re: Best bet of the day 2nd June 2008 PRINCESS MARIA 3.15 Carlisle. 0.5 points each way. They've been experimenting with her, and although her form figures aren't inspiring, she has actually done better than they look to be fair. She's 5lb wrong for this race, so that's hardly a help, but I still think she's on a good weight with probable improvement coming from this longer trip and with experiance under her belt. Not the strongest of races and I think she can go well.

Re: Best bet of the day 2nd June 2008

3.40: Naas: Tax Free Raced twice in Ireland since turn of year - 2nd both times however ground was against the selection both times when softer than ideal. Ran right up to form when 4th to Fleeting Spirit at Haydock 9 days ago. Taken to reverse placings with Contest - beaten 1.25l over 6f at Cork in April - with return to 5f on faster ground in the selections favour. Also taken to reverse head defeat from Snaefell over C&D in April when ground was plenty slow enough. With ideal conditions today Tax Free will hopefully become the first horse to win this race in successive years. WIN :hope
great tip:clap:clap:clap followed you :nana:nana

Re: Best bet of the day 2nd June 2008 I'm gonna have a go this month. Wild Pitch EW - Leicster 4:00 Had to races to regain some fitness, showed some good form towards the back of last season. Couldnt hold on over 1m4f but runs over 1m1f this time, should suit it better. Good value at 8/1 imo.

Re: Best bet of the day 2nd June 2008 4.10 Naas - Cool Tarifa - EW First 2YO group race of the season in Europe. Bolger's filly Cuis Ghaire has already won over CD, a 17 runner affair with horses from all the big yards. The horse that was 3rd has come out and franked the form by winning a Listed race, She's favourite and has a good chance. I'm going with the horse that won the first 2YO race of the season in Ireland and was then put away with this group race in mind. Small trainer doesn't appear to have many runners, which is a worry, but I don't expect the big yards to be bringing out their best ones yet, so this could be an opportunity for a small trainer to get a bit of glory She won in the style of quite a good 'un and the placed horses have placed in the better races since, so the level of form looks quite good. You'd have to take it on trust that she has improved physically in the last 2 months and didn't just win in March because she was big and strong........

Re: Best bet of the day 2nd June 2008 6.30 Windsor. Prolific. 1 point win. Effectively a match here and I take Prolific to win it. Agree that the main rival is just as unexposed and has a decent future, but at this stage I feel Prolific is a little ahead and can justify that this evening.

Bolger's filly Cuis Ghaire has already won over CD, a 17 runner affair with horses from all the big yards. The horse that was 3rd has come out and franked the form by winning a Listed race, She's favourite and has a good chance.
B*gger........I knew that one was going to win........I can't resist looking for each way rags that might sneak into third.......:cry:@

Re: Best bet of the day 2nd June 2008 8.00 Windsor Balthazars Gift 1pt win If this race were a handicap he would have to give weight all round and so comes here on very favourable terms. Will also love the ground tonight and has to go close.

Re: Best bet of the day 2nd June 2008 Carlisle 4:45 Gee Ceffyl Bach (BBOTD) Jockey Stacy Renwick is in very good form since a win and third with the last two going into today. The win was for trainer R C Guest. Renwick has two scheduled rides for today and I think Gee Ceffyl Bach being in an apprentice race is the better choice. Trainer and jockey combo's last win was in an apprentice race - 1m at Doncaster with the 11-2 favorite in second place 1L back. 2pts ew @ 25-1 Betfred

Re: Best bet of the day 2nd June 2008 845 Thirsk : Toy Top EW Just hope the ground doesnt get any softer or it will be up against it but need to get it posted so here goes. Tricky looking sprint on paper but only a handful are running well enough to get involved and all drawn on the high side which is a positive I reckon. Toy Top was rated in the high 70's and came tumbling down to 57 before getting her head in front last season. After that ran well but found it difficult when raised 7lbs. Ran a couple of lifeless races this season then last time showed she is back in form with a good third at Newcastle. Definitely a horse that has about a month at her peak and no coincidence she's racing off 56 tonight which we know is the time to back her and also on a track that suits. 8/1 at the minute so worth a nibble, would be very confident if the ground was Good to Firm though.

Re: Best bet of the day 2nd June 2008 7:15 Thirsk Strawberry Moon 0.5pts e/w I really like the look of this horse, came 2nd in its last race which was just a slight bit shorter that todays 7f run, i think it can progress on its good form. Tom Eaves has had a great couple of results in the past day, so i think he can take starwberry moon into the top 3 places :hope

Re: Best bet of the day 2nd June 2008 8.00 Windsor Sonny Red EW needs a bit of cut in the ground to be effective. Ignore last time out on a very fast surface. Ryan Moore takes the ride & although the horse hasnt won over the distance yet, I am taking a small bet it will. Backable at an EW price just, around 6/1.

Re: Best bet of the day 2nd June 2008 7.15 Thirsk - San Jose City E/W Ran two near defeats in handicaps and back in a maiden can run a good race. Presvis might need further and I don't think there is much improvement in Strawberry Moon anyway.

Re: Best bet of the day 2nd June 2008 96300.gifFiesty Royale (EW) 7.45 Thirsk Taking a big leap on faith on the Mark Johnston trained filly which is available at a nice price. Possible to make excuses for her last 3 outings where she has been outclassed twice (in C2 and C3 - also ground not suitable latest) and obvioulsy not getting the Polytrack at Kempton the other time. Discounting the Class 4 at Kempton mentioned, at this grade she has won both her 2 starts (over todays ground 4 rus ago) and hasn't faield to place when attempting a lower grade. Stays 7f and jockey knows plenty about her to be able to get the best out of her. Hoping for a good run at a nice price (currently 20/5.5 on betfair).

Re: Best bet of the day 2nd June 2008 Sonny Red 8.00 Windsor (EACH WAY) Good Luck Bowles, I also really fancy this. Moore won on it in a listed race early in its career. It has some fine placed efforts in Gp3 races, was 2nd in a listed race this March at Doncaster on good to soft then won on soft at a lower class. Ground suits tonight, Moore is top class and hard to see this being out of the first 3. Currently 7-1 and great ew bet in my opinion.

96300.gifFiesty Royale (EW) 7.45 Thirsk Taking a big leap on faith on the Mark Johnston trained filly which is available at a nice price. Possible to make excuses for her last 3 outings where she has been outclassed twice (in C2 and C3 - also ground not suitable latest) and obvioulsy not getting the Polytrack at Kempton the other time. Discounting the Class 4 at Kempton mentioned, at this grade she has won both her 2 starts (over todays ground 4 rus ago) and hasn't faield to place when attempting a lower grade. Stays 7f and jockey knows plenty about her to be able to get the best out of her. Hoping for a good run at a nice price (currently 20/5.5 on betfair).
Absolute garbage again from me - i think thats now 9 loses on the trot. Time for a self enforced break i think before i lose ALL my profit. :sad

7.15 Thirsk - San Jose City E/W Ran two near defeats in handicaps and back in a maiden can run a good race. Presvis might need further and I don't think there is much improvement in Strawberry Moon anyway.
Woohoo!! Well done Milen, nice price at 10s too. :clap:clap

7.15 Thirsk - San Jose City E/W Ran two near defeats in handicaps and back in a maiden can run a good race. Presvis might need further and I don't think there is much improvement in Strawberry Moon anyway.
Nice One! :ok Great Price!

730,windsor Yerevan 50% Sr On Todays Going When Matched With Todays Distance Of 6 Furlongs 1 point each way
Not accepting this bet although it was a loser, two days running very poor reasoning and this was edited 2 hours after the original post which makes it void anyway. Taffizgreg, No problem with you joining the comp but please read the rules and take a look at the other guys examples, same goes for one or two others to be honest.