10 to follow - Flat 2008 (FINAL TABLE UP NOW)

Re: 10 to follow - Flat 2008

I got to 18 pretty quickly. But then stayed there. Had several entries for the actual comp but narrowing it down to one list for this thread was tough. Reluctantly dropping Nahoodh, Mahler, Septimus, Arabian Gleam and Zaham (the last to go) to name a few. My Ten To Follow: 1112 Doctor Fremantle 1179 Getaway 1326 Peeping Fawn 1334 Phoenix Tower 1345 Promising Lead 1369 Rio De La Plata 1417 Spacious 1443 Tartan Bearer 1462 US Ranger 1489 Yeats
I've made one change (Zaham in for Peeping Fawn), hope this is ok? Sorry to be a pain. My Ten To Follow: 1112 Doctor Fremantle 1179 Getaway 1334 Phoenix Tower 1345 Promising Lead 1369 Rio De La Plata 1417 Spacious 1443 Tartan Bearer 1462 US Ranger 1489 Yeats 1495 Zaham :ok

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 10 to follow - Flat 2008 Didn't realise this thread was in the stickies, been skipping straight past it whenever I've logged on. Where are the likes of Bridge of Fermoy, Ninth House and Blue Sky Thinking etc on that list? :lol I love my all-weather donkeys. Anyway, my ten, for what they are worth...

1112Doctor Fremantle

3Sir M Stoute

1204Heaven Sent

5Sir M Stoute

1242Kitty Matcham (IRE)

3A O Brien (IR)

1233Kandahar Run

3H Cecil

1396Septimus (IRE)

5A O Brien (IR)

1459Turbo Linn

5G A Swinbank

1345Promising Lead

4Sir M Stoute

1313New Approach (IRE)

3J Bolger (IR)

1443Tartan Bearer (IRE)

3Sir M Stoute

1038Ask

5Sir M Stoute

Re: 10 to follow - Flat 2008 Stewartd14 has sent me his team by PM/E mail as he is away so i'll get them all in the spreadsheet early next week and include it in with the rest of them. No problems with the change BTP. Hope I don't regret leaving Peeping Fawn out but might be one to add later. :ok

1. 1082 Coastal Path 2. 1092 Creachadoir 3. 1123 Duke Of Marmalade 4. 1179 Getaway 5. 1209 High Rock 6. 1313 New Approach 7. 1326 Peeping Fawn 8. 1384 Sakhee's Secret 9. 1417 Spacious 10. 1497 Zarkava
Was a toss up beween Coastal Path, Septimus and Yeats. Creachadoir, Cesare and Darjina. Getaway was a certainty. High Rock and the three Stoute Derby horses. New Approach and Henry The Navigator. Peeping Fawn and Ramonti. Sakhee's Secret was a certainty. Spacious and Nahoodh. Zarkava and Lush Lashes. Last debate was about leaving out Spacious and putting Ramonti in. Can't we have a 20 to follow next year?

Re: 10 to follow - Flat 2008 I know what you mean Ginge. I opted to leave Yeats as a banker on most lines in the end and include Septimus in some. Duke of marmalade was also a banker and I had the same problem as you with Nahood and Spacious. I included both Henry and New Approach on most and it was a toss up between Takeover Target and Sakhees Secret. Of the older milers it was between Creachadoir and Darjina and of the middle distance horses narrowed it down to just Getaway, Soldier of Fortune and Peeping Fawn. Of the horses entered for the Epsom Derby I narrowed it down to Curtain Call, Tartan Bearer and Dr Freemantle and not at all confident about those and of the fillies just Katirya, Lush Lashes and Zarkava who obviously isn't going to run

Re: 10 to follow - Flat 2008 I like many had forgotten about the 10 to follow. I'm going to extend the closing time to 12pm noon tomorrow - Saturday 24th May to give everyone a chance to get their entries in, it won't affect scores in any way but so far we are a bit light on entries and many of the regulars who normally are the 1st to choose 10 to follow have not entered which is possibly due to work commitments etc. Hope that is ok with everyone else who has already entered, if you want to make any changes and have had 2nd thoughts feel free to make changes by 12pm noon tomorrow, fair for everyone then. :ok

Re: 10 to follow - Flat 2008 Allegretto Aqaleem Dream Eater Fast Company Haatef Lush lashes Purple Moon Sakhee's Secret Tartan bearer US Ranger here's my ten. Didnt take long, not sure they are good enough but will see. :ok Thanks for organising Phil

Stewartd14 has sent me his team by PM/E mail as he is away so i'll get them all in the spreadsheet early next week and include it in with the rest of them. No problems with the change BTP. Hope I don't regret leaving Peeping Fawn out but might be one to add later. :ok
Nah, you won't regret it. Don't think we'll be seeing much of her. If at all. ;)

Re: 10 to follow - Flat 2008 I'm regretting picking New Approach already, I don't like the way it seems to need to race prominently, it uses up so much energy setting the pace that it sets the race up for others and lets itself get picked off. I'll go as far to say it won't ever win another Group 1 race.

Yeah but this wasn't a bonus race. If he goes Derby then he won't go St James Palace so he may look a better 10 to follow propect (right now) than he actually is.
It's not certain yet that Henry will go to the Derby. I put him in everyone of my lists with the hope that he will choose the St james' but we shall have to wait and see.

Re: 10 to follow - Flat 2008 I remember that race well and was gutted when Sharmadal was pulled out as I layed a bet with my mate on Motivator as I thought Sharmadal would beat him. Of course I needn't have worried as Onatario and Fallon did the business for me.

To show they have the speed' date=' for breeding purposes.[/quote'] I'm sure you're right, but I just don't agree with the risk/reward. Would a Derby/Eclipse double gain much more kudos than Derby/King George or Derby/Arc double? Most don't go the Eclipse route after all. Although the same reasoning is why a triple crown will never be attempted again. Winning the Ledger has a negative effect with regards to future breeding.

Stewartd14 has sent me his team by PM/E mail as he is away so i'll get them all in the spreadsheet early next week and include it in with the rest of them. No problems with the change BTP. Hope I don't regret leaving Peeping Fawn out but might be one to add later. :ok
Is there any truth in the rumour that stewart's ten include: Halfway To Heaven Duke Of Marmalade Henrythenavigator Fleeting Spirit Folk Opera Calming Influence ? :lol