10 to follow - Flat 2008 (FINAL TABLE UP NOW)

Full details are available 02/05/08 so i'll post them up here as soon as they are on the official tote site. Competition does not start until 24/05/08. We have some new punters on here that should be giving us a run for our money (Gingertipster, Fintron, Billy The Punter to name just 3). Defending flat champion is Woodie, jumps champion is Mileni4uk. No need to declare your interest yet, just keep an eye on the thread and get your teams in when details are announced. :ok

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 10 to follow - Flat 2008 There is no transfer window this time, instead they are having a "bonus window" in July when you can bring in another 2 horses and then your top 10 scoring horses out of the 12 count towards your entry. Sounds like a bit of a farce so I'll see what the other mods think before deciding on any rules, may be easier for us to just pick 12 from the start. :ok

Re: 10 to follow - Flat 2008 From our list of 500 horses, select any 10 to follow in Flat races during the competition – Saturday 24 May to Saturday 18 October 2008 inclusive. This year you will also be able to ADD TWO FREE BONUS SELECTIONS in each entry during the ‘Bonus Window’, with points then scored by the best 10 of your 12 selections counting. Entries must be received by 8.00pm BST Friday 23 May During the competition you have the opportunity – at no extra cost – to ADD TWO FREE BONUS SELECTIONS to your original list, and the highest scoring 10 horses from your twelve selections* will then count as your entry. The Bonus Window for additional selections opens at 9.00am BST on Sunday July 13th until 6.00pm BST on Friday July 18th, during which time you will have the opportunity to add two more selections in each list from the original list of 500 horses. There is no additional cost involved to add your Bonus selections. *Points scored by Bonus selections qualify for points from Saturday July 19th - the day following the close of the Bonus Window. Winning selections are awarded points as follows:

25 pointsGroup One/Grade One race
20 pointsGroup Two race
15 pointsGroup Three race
12 pointsListed race
10 pointsother races
In the event of a dead-heat, points will be divided by the number of horses dead-heating with fractions rounded down. No points for a walkover. The official result on the day will be final with any subsequent disqualifications disregarded. An additional 25 points will also be awarded to the winner and 12 points to the runner-up in each of the following races:
JUNE
Oaks(Epsom Downs 6 June)
Derby(Epsom Downs 7 June)
St James’s Palace Stakes(Royal Ascot 17 June)
Prince of Wales’s Stakes(Royal Ascot 18 June)
Ascot Gold Cup(Royal Ascot 19 June)
Coronation Stakes(Royal Ascot 20 June)
Golden Jubilee Stakes(Royal Ascot 21 June)
Irish Derby(Curragh 29 June)
JULY
Eclipse Stakes(Sandown Park 5 July)
King George VI & Queen Elizabeth Stakes(Ascot 26 July)
Sussex Stakes(Goodwood 30 July)
AUGUST
International Stakes(York 19 August)
Nunthorpe Stakes(York 22 August)
SEPTEMBER
Irish Champion Stakes(Leopardstown 6 September)
St Leger Stakes(Doncaster 13 September)
Queen Elizabeth II Stakes(Ascot 27 September)
OCTOBER
Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe(Longchamp 5 October)
Champion Stakes(Newmarket 18 October)
Any of the above races re-scheduled to take place outside the dates of the competition will not count. According to the official Tote / Pari-Mutuel win dividend odds including a £1 unit stake, will be awarded to winning selections as follows:
£4 to £74 points
Over £7 up to £117 points
Over £11 up to £1611 points
Over £16 up to £2216 points
Over £22 up to £2922 points
Over £29 up to £3729 points
Over £3737 points
----------------------------------------------------------------------- All you have to do to enter the Punterslounge 10 to follow is select 10 horses from the list available before 23rd May 8pm to be included. :ok

Re: 10 to follow - Flat 2008 Do you fancy setting up a minileague league Mowgli, I'm probably going to do about 10 lines and you never know we could we get some high scores from al Pler's. Scrap that there's no mini league prize this year.

Re: 10 to follow - Flat 2008 It's those multiple entries in the official competition that always end up winning it. Many will perm around 16 horses and try cover all the bonus races. Just to make it clear for this competition it costs nothing to enter PL version of 10 to follow, you have nothing to lose, except pride.

Re: 10 to follow - Flat 2008 I laid out over £100 last year, my first real attempt at it. Will be doing the same this year. I think it's the way forward to have a few lines, especially if you have 'problem but potentially quality' horses in mind. Last year for example Multidimensional was a horse I included, but with its injury problem it would've been stupid to have it in all so I permed it with another type that would go the Champion stakes route. Same with Passage Of Time/Light Shift, was convinced I'd have the Oaks winner. There was also a Teofilo/Adagio switch though who I thought would guarantee the 2000! :lol It is worth thinking about with such dilemmas.

Re: 10 to follow - Flat 2008 Just spent 5 hours looking through the first half of the list, and taking some time to pick a few more horses I should follow this season. Needed to spend time doing this anyways Problem will be picking 10 though cause I have 17 already from half the list, plus another 10 to keep an eye on Only just started following specific horses so will see how it goes this season, and see what I can learn form it

Re: 10 to follow - Flat 2008

@ £10 each £100 on it is basically a fantasy football type competition, fckin mental :ok:ok:ok
Put it this way I'd rather invest £100 in this comp, than stick it on an even money shot:ok. No comparrison to the fantasy football comp either, that really is a lottery.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: 10 to follow - Flat 2008 Ok, time running short, not the most thought out list in the world but here goes; 1092 Creachadoir 1095 Curtain Call 1123 Duke Of Marmalade 1242 Kitty Matcham 1313 New Approach 1326 Peeping Fawn 1384 Sakhees Secret 1433 Sun Classique 1460 Twice Over 1489 Yeats Good luck guys

Re: 10 to follow - Flat 2008 Looks like a nice list to me, mine is looking quite similar at the moment, trying to decide between Yeats/Septimus and if to include Peeping Fawn. My gut feeling is that it will win lots of Gp1 races, RP says 4yr olds don't do well (apart from Ouija Board) but there aren't that many 4yr old fillies kept in training. I'll get my list up in next few days. :ok

Re: 10 to follow - Flat 2008 I'm undecided with Peeping Fawn. Heard O'Brien saying he'll probably start her at the Pretty Polly but I think she may not enter the big middle distance races against the colts so may have limited opportunities to score.

Re: 10 to follow - Flat 2008 500 to 40, to 25 to 12 Then 12 to 10! Hard work, but here it is Adversity Kingdom of Naples Captain Gerrard New Approach Coastal Path Foolin Myself Katiyra Myboycharlie Natagora Winker Watson

Re: 10 to follow - Flat 2008 1489 Yeats 1498 Zidane 1408 Sixties Icon 1212 Hoh Mike 1026 Anna Pavola 1071 Captain Gerrard 1156 Finsceal Beo 1282 Maraahel 1326 Peeping Fawn 1396 Septimus Good Luck. Thanks once again Phil

Here are my ten for what they are worth 1492 Young Mick
1313New Approach
1179Getaway
1494Zaahid
1489Yeats
1459Turbo Linn
1489Yeats
1348Purple Moon
1212Hoh Mike
1413Soldier Of Fortune
Bubbles you've got Yeats down twice mate:ok

Bubbles you've got Yeats down twice mate:ok
D'oh!!:$:$:$:$:$ Sorry here is the list again without Yeats being shown twice,
1492Young Mick
1313New Approach (IRE)
1179Getaway (GER)
1494Zaahid (IRE)
1489Yeats (IRE) x1!
1459Turbo Linn
1099Dandy Man
1348Purple Moon (IRE)
1212Hoh Mike (IRE)
1413Soldier Of Fortune (IRE)

Re: 10 to follow - Flat 2008 I got to 18 pretty quickly. But then stayed there. Had several entries for the actual comp but narrowing it down to one list for this thread was tough. Reluctantly dropping Nahoodh, Mahler, Septimus, Arabian Gleam and Zaham (the last to go) to name a few. My Ten To Follow: 1112 Doctor Fremantle 1179 Getaway 1326 Peeping Fawn 1334 Phoenix Tower 1345 Promising Lead 1369 Rio De La Plata 1417 Spacious 1443 Tartan Bearer 1462 US Ranger 1489 Yeats

Re: 10 to follow - Flat 2008 Here are my 10 to follow for what they're worth. Not used this site before: http://www.petermartinconsult.supanet.com/racing/ttf/current.htm#milers but used it to try gain an advantage and be tactical with some selections, aiming at bonus races and spreading them across various types of distance etc. I think Billyhills has put a link up before for it. Captain Gerrard Creachadoir Ramonti Ask Septimus Ibn Khaldun Tartan Bearer New Approach Frozen Fire Psalm

Re: 10 to follow - Flat 2008 Probally wont do as well as you guys but i will give it a go. Took me a while as so many to pick from but here goes.... 1.) Creachadior 2.) Ibn Khaldun 3.) Muthabara 4.) Nahoodh 5.) Natagora 6.) New approach 7.) Septimus 8.) Sixties icon 9.) Tartan Bearer 10.) Yeats :hope Good luck guys

Re: 10 to follow - Flat 2008 Only kept SOF from my list of last year. Here is the champions then.. Solider of Furtone Henrythenavigator Getaway Dukeofmarmalade Frozen Fire New Approach Saoirse Abu Macarthur Peeping Fawn Septimus