Which trainers do you follow/try to avoid?

Following on from the jockey thread, I am interested to see which names will come up here. FLAT TO FOLLOW: Sir Michael Stoute Michael Bell Tom Dascombe Miss Gay Kelleway Mark Johnston when he sends only the one runner down south. JUMPS TO FOLLOW: Alan King Nicky Henderson Andy Turnell Theres no trainers that I can think of off the top of my head who I try to avoid.

Re: Which trainers do you follow/try to avoid?

Always followed Mark Johnston on the flat and Alan King over the jumps. Used to follow Pat Haslam too a few years ago.
I would gladly follow the girl from your avatar under the altar, mate :lol But on the topic ... I follow who's on form :ok

Follow nobody really, but here are two I dodge all the time. Dandy Nicholls
Dandy is one fiddling b'stard. I noticed the 33-1 horse (Bigalos Bandit) last week at Donny at 33's, told my brother this dodgy tw@t always scores at these sort of prices. Winner comes in at 20's and only then do I hear trainer is none other than Dandy Nicholls, only thought he had the 1 runner. :wall

Re: Which trainers do you follow/try to avoid? Sir Michael Stoute Luca Cumani Mark Johnstone Kevin Ryan B Hills seems to be in good current form If you get a long distance traveller (only horse from stable) along with a one trick jockey (one ride at that meeting) it can often be profitable, i'm sure there's a system in there somewhere for anyone with some spare time on their hands. :)

Re: Which trainers do you follow/try to avoid? Love Henry, but I'm getting him wrong this season, so far. Favs are (in order) Cecil M Jarvis Johnston Bell Chapple-Hyam (have I spelt that right) Mills Gary Moore Ones I try to avoid O'Brien - they are just so hard to figure out Pat Eddery - couldn't train his hair to go back Jim Old (NH) - has a virus every year Noseda/Prescott - can train for sure, but rarely value. There runners are always under the odds

Re: Which trainers do you follow/try to avoid? On the Flat I tend to follow Mark Johnston and Peter Chapple-Hyam. Jumps, I have started paying more attention to Len Lungo's runners, particularly when they run in Scotland (Ayr or Kelso). I avoid Aiden O' Brien and Jonjo O' Neill at all costs. Have never backed an Aiden O' Brien horse since Powerscourt was disqualified in the Arlington Milion in 2004, as at the time I believed a lot of his horses tended to stray like Powerscourt did. (that plus, its so hard what to make of his runners). I also feel that between him and Kieren Fallon, a deision could have been made on Horatio Nelson to withdraw him as clearly something was wrong before the fateful derby run. With O'Neill, you just never know if his horse are fit or not, as he seems to run them regardless of what condition they are in. Prime example would be this years Gold Cup, when a barely fit Exotic Dancer should have been nowhere near Cheltenham, yet ran. Also, BJK was imo destined to become a great, yet seemed to go backward under some seemingly poor management from O'Neill.

Re: Which trainers do you follow/try to avoid? Think Peter Chapple Hyamm is now getting the recognition he deserves and I think he could end up with some decent horses over the next few years, however, I think the best up and coming trainer is John Best. Think he can work wonders with some horses and I dont think Kingsgate Native was a fluke. I think he is a great trainer and could go far. Also feels it pays to follow Cumani when he is in form and I am beginning to like David Pipe over jumps. Cant have Mark Johnston at this moment as I feel some of his horses are running queer races. Good horses running poorly and vice versa. Im Scottish so used to follow him but I think twice about backing his horses at the moment. Nothing else to add as agree with most of you. :ok

Totally forgot about O'Brien. Can't stick the bloke' date=' never gives punters a true view. A more punter unfriendly trainer, you couldn't possibly meet.[/quote'] Decieves punters on purpose. When it was common knowledge he put his best middle distance prospects in the Ballysax he soon change tact and no longer uses it in the same way.