** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Best Bet Of The Day~Thurs 21st Feb

My Bet Of The Day is : MISS SHAKIRA 3.55 HUNTINGDON (0.5 E/W )..The tip needs to put a poor run behind it LTO.Apparently there were valid reasons for that below par effort and I am basing my selection on a previous run over 3m4f.On that occasion Miss Shakira only faded towards the end of the race and today's trip looks ideal.. :ok

Re: Best Bet Of The Day~Thurs 21st Feb 4.50 Ayr Katapult - Unless Grand Theatre has improved a lot from LTO I cant see much troubling the Fav. Beat Youngstown by 9L's lto where as Charity Lane only managed it by 2 1/2 L's. Cant see the rise in weights pulling it back.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day~Thurs 21st Feb Ayr 15:10 Something Silver WIN Unlucky LTO, when landing badly but this time I reckon that if it jumps properly, should win this with something in hand! Gook jockey on board and big hopes from me to this run! :)

Re: Best Bet Of The Day~Thurs 21st Feb 3.15 Clonmel - Saipan Emerged with credit with a third placing behind Sole Bonne Femme and Save The Bacon at Navan on Sunday. For A Song looks good with Ruby on board, but might struggle with top weight on soft ground. I will have a go at the price.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day~Thurs 21st Feb 3.35 southwell DREAM FORREST 4/1 IN POST A LAY BET SIRE HAS ONLY BRED 1 WINNER FROM 37 TRIES AT THE DISTANCE AND THIS ONE HAS HAD MORE TRAINERS THAN I'VE HAD HOT DINNERS 4 RECENTLY SO SEEMS TO BE A HORSE NO ONE WANTS note the 7/4 fav in the 2.30 south ballycroy boy placed in 6 of 6 at southwell sire is 29/292 at distance and this ones had 2 wins and a place here on standard but only 3 3rds on todays going std/slow may be worth laying

Re: Best Bet Of The Day~Thurs 21st Feb Nad Al Sheba 5.15 Jalil 1 pt win. Massive purchase and flopped in this country in truth. However on dirt looks a different horse and won on its dirt debut with some authority and style lto. The extra trip today should be no problem considering the work it was doing lto at won with enough authority that day to suggest that it could defy a 9 pound rise.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day~Thurs 21st Feb

SportHorse Racing
Event3.25 Huntingdon
SelectionKingscape (Each-Way)
Strength3/10
Date21/02/2008
Bookmaker/PriceSportingbet @ 15.00 (Back)
ReasoningOnly had the 1 run which is truning into a decent bit of form with all 3 horses finishing ahead of Kingscape winning since that race, Group Captain, Luxurix & Stripe me blue. Considering that was Kingscape's 1st outing over hurdles it ran to 6.75L of Group Captain who is a leading fancy now at Cheltenham. I would expect that Kingscape would improve a few pounds for that outing & coupled with the fact the McManus owned horse's stable has a decent record here. Looks value at 14/1 as around 10's elsewhere.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day~Thurs 21st Feb Southwell 2:30 Heavenly Encounter Only runner of the day from trainer K R Burke. Burke usually does well in Claiming Races - 19% strike rate the past 5 seasons (166 runs). Heavenly Encounter does not have the ideal form to do well against this field but her jockey might be able to guide her well. Jockey Kelly Harrison has been able to be placed or win 8 of the last 13 runs - 3-3-2 (W-2-3). Harrison at this course has one win and two thirds from the last five - twice third from two 6f runs. 2pts ew @ 40-1 Stan James BOG

Re: Best Bet Of The Day~Thurs 21st Feb Huntingdon 2.50 Royals Darling, 1 point to win Royals Darling has won in class 2, has won right-handed, has won in small fields, in fact he only wins in very small fields. He sometimes seems a bit ungenuine, but the first time blinkers might do the trick. The ground is a bit of a worry as he seems best on 'soft' but you'd hope that as it was 'good, good/soft in places' yesterday, it can't have dried out too much even tho' it's now 'good'. It's not going to be hard ground. At his best, he's better than these others, so I'll pin my hopes on him putting his best foot forward

Re: Best Bet Of The Day~Thurs 21st Feb Huntingdon 2:50 - Royals Darling - Lay. This is predicted to go off at 3/1 in the RP today, but IMO it should be more like 33/1. Although it is a nice chaser, realistically you'd expect better to come from other horses in the race. Seems to be ungenuine and blinkers for the first time since it was a 3y.o. seems more hopeful than cunning. Nicky Henderson isn't doing too bad, but seems to have slipped the form of his horses slightly in the past week or two. So I'm going to lay this, should be in interesting contest. Good luck Trotter :)

Re: Best Bet Of The Day~Thurs 21st Feb 345 Ayr : Silver By Nature EW Interesting little novice hurdle with only three in with a realistic chance and if the fav comes back to form then it should win easily, not one for following horses after a poor run without knowing exactly why so the EW alternative looks better value. Of the two with place claims I like Silver By Nature, as its stepping back in trip which will improve this front runner in my opinion where as Kyoto Summit is a typical ex flat horse that will run at its level but rarely improve that much after a couple of runs. At 13/2 Silver By Nature represents a bit of value as he will be up there throughout burning off most of these and then try to keep the fav at bay, not sure he can do it but a bet to nothing.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day~Thurs 21st Feb Hit's Only Jude 3.00 Southwell. LAY. (Racing Post f/C 3/1) All about the weights here, and this one, although in decent form, will have to dig deep and find a bit more than expected if a few run to their form, so at the prices it's a lay much more than a lay.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day~Thurs 21st Feb Louisiade 4.40 Southwell. Lay. (Rp f-c 4-1) In good enough form, but the weights make this wide open, and they do favour several more than the lay and so it will only take one to run to form and then we should get the lay beaten. Prices point much more to a lay at the weights.

my best bet of the day would be kalahari king 345 ayr. stands ot in this field and only needs to be near his best to win well. short price but should win well against this opposition.
Non Runner! Unlucky mate... I had it in a lucky 15, is now a Patent with Hold Em, Hucking Heat and Katapult!

my best bet of the day would be kalahari king 345 ayr. stands ot in this field and only needs to be near his best to win well. short price but should win well against this opposition.
with that a non runner i will put forward my next best bet which was benbeoch 415 ayr. handicap now which can only help and i think finds the needed improvement. trip and the ground can see him go well off this mark. 0.5 points each way.

with that a non runner i will put forward my next best bet which was benbeoch 415 ayr. handicap now which can only help and i think finds the needed improvement. trip and the ground can see him go well off this mark. 0.5 points each way.
Seems that your NAP was LAST :P meaning 2nd :) eh eh Just 2 finishers!!! Almost got there, an extra furlong would have seen it won! :clap