** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Guy Fawkes' 1% Plot **BAD LUCK x 1st CASE OF POOR DISCIPLINE = FOOKED**

Sheerluck Holmes

Ok, I know this is (very!) risky, but I've been having some good success in 2008 and now my girlfriend have seen me treating myself to some nice things - she wants in! :lol So, she's donated £50 from the joint account :loon with the view to me investing it and hopefully paying off our joint loan in 1 year from now! All on a 50 team accumulator? A 100/1 shot at Newcastle tomorrow?! Nah, I like a challenge so I reckon if I try to win 1.5% of the bank per a bet with da-da-daaaaaaaaaa also trying to recover lossed stakes it is possible in about a year (£11kish of loanery!). :$ I do know this is risky and probably doomed to failure (hence it's location in the glory hunt) but having never done this sort of GH before and having been inspired by the Hodgey and Aliando et al on their various GH's its about time i got my boots dirty!!!! And if it does go t1ts up, it's only joint account money! :lol Bets will mostly on horse racing and football and will be 'as and when' but at least 7 a week. :ok P.s. Thanks to Madnesstiger for the basis of the spreadsheet! :ok

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Pay off our loan! good luck with this mate - tbh, i've half thought about my loan and my attic thread and may end up getting rid of the debt if i was to get that far, but its a while off atm. nice idea here though - take your missus' money, if it goes right you're a hero to her, and if it does go tits up, you can blame me and hodgey and madnesstiger! :lol:lol :ok

Re: Pay off our loan! Hey..! Seen my name mentioned too many times already! Good to see the Geek-Sheet is coming in handy anyway. Am I right in thinking you're going for the 1.5% profit per bet, and giving yourself a few of attempts (chase the losses) if the first one goes no-quite-to-plan?! All the best of luck.. try sticking to the pure-favourites, and not to veer waywards my going for an over/under @ 2.00 which you think can go only 1 way.. it does, and goes the opposite way to what you thought, and thats where you find yourself in trouble! :ok

Re: Pay off our loan!

Good to see the Geek-Sheet is coming in handy anyway. Am I right in thinking you're going for the 1.5% profit per bet, and giving yourself a few of attempts (chase the losses) if the first one goes no-quite-to-plan?! :ok
Yep, spot on. Expect a call from my solciitors when it all goes t1ts up! :ok :lol

Re: Pay off our loan! Well, The first step has been stepped and Ali, Hodgey and Madness are safe . . . for now! :lol

BetDateTargetPickB/LOddsStkResReturnP/L ACBankOverall P/LS/R
112-Feb£0.75Halla San to place 3.50 MussBack1.24£3.30WIN£4.09£0.75£50.75£0.75100.0
Going to have a sniff around tonight - see if theres anything else. :ok

Nice start buddy . The key to this ' date='and i know coz ive tried enuff times , is very simple - [b']DISCIPLINE. Something i sadly lack bigtime . Stick to the plan and your over halfway there already:hope
Cheers mate, I shall bear the 'D' word in mind. One for tomorrow;
BetDateTargetPickB/LOddsStk
313-Feb£0.771+ goal Aberdeen v BayernBack1.07£11.55
:hope

Cheers mate, I shall bear the 'D' word in mind. One for tomorrow;
313-Feb£0.771+ goal Aberdeen v BayernBack1.07£11.55
Good start fella, dont want to jinx you but this looks a safe enough bet, ive lumped on Bayern so hope theres at least one goal :ok

Re: Pay off our loan! 3rd! :ok

BetDateTargetPickB/LOddsStkResReturnP/L ACBankOverall P/LS/R
413-Feb£0.78Luijana to place 6.50 WolvBack1.44£2.00WIN£2.88£0.84£53.11£3.11100.0
And think i'll have another go too - after reading the nice thread on UEFA cup tonight. :ok
513-Feb£0.801+ goal Benfica v NurnbergBack1.08£10.50