UEFA CUP Wed 19th and Thurs 20th Dec

Re: UEFA CUP Wed 19th and Thurs 20th Dec

Hi, ATT, I am on your tips even though I don't see your posts often now. 2-1 in 39' I say ''that would do me'', shame the game at Stamford Bridge is crap, dead boring............. Take care and good luck :nana P.S. Maybe it is worth checking the stats on how many games Bordeaux won or drew this season both domestically and in the Euro cups being down at HT. 2-3 FT today...:)
I am out of the overs market until I can scrape up some funds for that account...glad things worked out today.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am out of the overs market until I can scrape up some funds for that account...glad things worked out today.
My fingers crossed for you ,ATT, all the best in the weekend, I have this good feeling about couple of games in Italy................Already have a lucky 15 placed with Overs in Livorno, Roma, Palermo and Atletico Madrid, reasonable stakes, your opinion welcomed as always. As of UEFA Cup games today, most of them look weird to me somehow. Will be looking for any further info until very late, but a good thing atm to me looks betting on draw at HT in at least 5 of those, each of them for different reasons - deciders or not much interest or teams with clear defensive or counter-attacking approach. As for Overs I am looking at Atletico, AZ, possibly Rennes...Not confident yet though.

Re: UEFA CUP Wed 19th and Thurs 20th Dec My only pick for tomorrow in the UEFA Cup: Fiorentina-M. Boleslav We all know Fiorentina and I bet very few of us know Boleslav... Despite their recent poor form (with 4 draws and 3 losses in their last 7 games since beating Elfsborg 6-1 at home) Fiorentina is currently 5th in the Italian League and 2nd in their UEFA Cup group on 5 points. I think they'll get back on track in this game and there's too much of a difference in terms of class and quality to Boleslav a mediocre team with only 1 win in their last 10 games. My pick: home -1.5 AH (Asian Handicap) Good luck! JC

My only pick for tomorrow in the UEFA Cup: Fiorentina-M. Boleslav We all know Fiorentina and I bet very few of us know Boleslav... Despite their recent poor form (with 4 draws and 3 losses in their last 7 games since beating Elfsborg 6-1 at home) Fiorentina is currently 5th in the Italian League and 2nd in their UEFA Cup group on 5 points. I think they'll get back on track in this game and there's too much of a difference in terms of class and quality to Boleslav a mediocre team with only 1 win in their last 10 games. My pick: home -1.5 AH (Asian Handicap) Good luck! JC
agree on this one mate, Viola need to get back on form and their next 2 games should see some positive results. I also feel there is a lot of emotion involved here considerin Viola coach Cesare Prandelli is back after his wife passed away recently. Hopefully the players can put a confident performance for their manager and seal the group.

AZ to beat Everton tomorrow night. Will post tomorrow if i get time but this is a high stakes bet for me. We will be putting out fringe players for this match, because although we are on an unbeaten 12 match run, this game is simply not important as we have qualified already as group winners. With the hectic xmas period this will give the chance for key players (the likes of Yakuba, Cahill, Arteta, Yobo and more) to be rested. :ok
Yup a big bet for me aswell. From sportinglife
Everton manager David Moyes left five senior players at home as his squad prepared to face AZ Alkmaar in the UEFA Cup in Holland. With qualification to the last 32 assured and a game against Manchester United to come on Sunday, Ayegbeni Yakubu, Mikel Arteta, Tim Cahill, Joseph Yobo and goalkeeper Tim Howard stayed behind. Leon Osman (toe) and Phil Neville (knock) also missed the trip through injury along with long-term absentees Alan Stubbs and Nuno Valente. Midfielder Jack Rodwell, 16, was drafted into the 19-man squad to get a taste of the European experience. AZ Alkmaar coach Louis van Gaal goes into the game with the longest unbeaten home record in European competition, having gone 32 games without losing in Alkmaar. A win for AZ will see them progress from Group A, but a high-scoring draw may also be enough depending on other results in the group.

Re: UEFA CUP Wed 19th and Thurs 20th Dec Atletico Madrid-Panathinaikos Atletico -1AH @2.00 (betfair) Atletico playing well lately, scoring lots of goals with the Forlan-Agüero duo, one of the most dangerous in Europe right now. Atletico needs the win to win the group and avoid Champion League teams in the next round. Tonight Aguirre will play with Abbiati; Perea, Zé Castro, Eller, Antonio López; Luis García, Raúl García, Cléber Santana, Maxi Rodríguez; Forlán and 'Kun' Agüero, best possible eleven. Panathinaikos, without Karagounis and goalkeeper Galinovic, are 3-0-0 (6-0 goals), but I think that Atletico is in great form, 3rd in the Liga only behind Real Madrid and Barcelona, and is big favourite to win tonight and they usually do it by scoring lots of goals (23 goals in 8 Liga games).

1Everton33006159
2Zenit St Petersburg41216605
3AZ Alkmaar31113304
4Nuremburg311145-14
5Larissa300337-40
If Nuremburg beat LArissa, they are through.. 1.57 looks a steel. AZ look good aswell against Everton who are leaving their squad at home to get ready for the big game against Man Utd on Sunday..

1Everton33006159
2Zenit St Petersburg41216605
3AZ Alkmaar31113304
4Nuremburg311145-14
5Larissa300337-40
If Nuremburg beat LArissa, they are through.. 1.57 looks a steel. AZ look good aswell against Everton who are leaving their squad at home to get ready for the big game against Man Utd on Sunday..
The great thing about that bet is that destiny is in Nurnburgs hands. They won't go into HT looking at other scores. THey know if they win, automatically through. unlike Wednesday, pretty sure a lot of teams were wondering what was happening to their fate at HT.

The great thing about that bet is that destiny is in Nurnburgs hands. They won't go into HT looking at other scores. THey know if they win' date=' automatically through. unlike Wednesday, pretty sure a lot of teams were wondering what was happening to their fate at HT.[/quote'] Thats right, i did it yesterday on Braga and BAyern double.. Worked a treat. I was also looking at Rennes. If they beat Dinamo Zagrab, do they go through. Looks close.. Looks like Rennes have to win 4-0 i think to go through. Does anyone think thats possible? or the Rennes win at 1.95 look tempting?

Atletico Madrid-Panathinaikos Atletico -1AH @2.00 (betfair) Atletico playing well lately, scoring lots of goals with the Forlan-Agüero duo, one of the most dangerous in Europe right now. Atletico needs the win to win the group and avoid Champion League teams in the next round. Tonight Aguirre will play with Abbiati; Perea, Zé Castro, Eller, Antonio López; Luis García, Raúl García, Cléber Santana, Maxi Rodríguez; Forlán and 'Kun' Agüero, best possible eleven. Panathinaikos, without Karagounis and goalkeeper Galinovic, are 3-0-0 (6-0 goals), but I think that Atletico is in great form, 3rd in the Liga only behind Real Madrid and Barcelona, and is big favourite to win tonight and they usually do it by scoring lots of goals (23 goals in 8 Liga games).
Agree with you, will add on top of this game AZ, HSV and Nurnberg to win and play these in a combo, any 2,3 and 4, with odds for the straight line at 6,00. To be honest the game in Holland worries me most, no matter how weakened Everton will be, AZ are not that convincing this season. Don't see reason Hamburger to field reserves, German teams always play fair and to win in these cups and they are a class above Basel who are also through. As of Nurnberg, I saw their game at Zenith, the team is strong and needs the win, should have the best available team out vs a team that has no chances to qualify. It won't be easy with the Greeks, but away win is most probable outcome. As of Rennes, I am staying away from it, do not fully believe Rennes need UEFA, and even if I am wrong, with their current form I don't trust them. Furthermore, Zagreb are underrated here, I hardly remember a team being so unlucky, that in 5 games in a row - the UEFA games and both games with Werder. They created dozen of 100% chances in each game, missing them all........ Good luck

Looks like Rennes have to win 4-0 i think to go through. Does anyone think thats possible? or the Rennes win at 1.95 look tempting?
no, they have to win 3:0 or any other result with 3 goals, and Dinamo has "easier" task, they need to win with "only" 2 goals diference. Any other result will make Brann Bergen happy. Rennes have a new coach since monday, huh, enough time to make a miracle, and I think French championship is more important to them than UEFA Cup. Do not know if those results are posible, 3-0, 4-1, or 0-2, 1-3, 2-4 looks like mission impossible, but I believe in Dinamo, and think they are capable to finally win in UEFA Cup, after playing very good, but being unhappy and unlucky... This is also, probably last game of Luka Modrić in Dinamo team, so I think he will be in the special mood, and why not him to score? I have 3,5 on Modrić to score at anytime:hope I'm taking over 3,5 @ 3,10, as well as Away win @ 3,3 with small stakes for :beerand that I can have good reason to scream at TV tonight :lol GL

1.Lyon18122437:1538
2.Nancy1897224:1034
3.Bordeaux1886426:2330
4.Le Mans1893626:2530
5.Valenciennes1885523:1629
6.Caen1884621:1928
7.Nice1868418:1426
8.Monaco1874722:1825
9.St. Etienne1874720:1925
10.Strasbourg1866618:1824
11.Lorient1859418:1924
12.Toulouse1866619:2124
13.Rennes1873818:2324
14.Marseille Ol.1857619:2022
15.Lille1849518:1821
16.Lens1855816:2120
17.Auxerre18621016:2620
18.Paris SG1847715:2019
19.Sochaux1837815:2416
20.Metz1814139:297
This league I havent been following, as I dont follow french footy anymore, but theres only 11 points between 3rd spot and relegation zone. I cant see why Rennes wouldnt like to remain in the Uefa Cup, and im sure to win by 3 goals isnt an impossible mission being at home, so surely they would try and go for it. I cant see them surrendering just becasue they are 6 points behind 3rd spot in the league and feel to make up that difference they need to leave the Uefa Cup comp. Looking at the stats, Rennes were doing well in the League, but have lost their last 6 matches in a Row therefor have dropped off the pace abit..

What about Abeerden? They must win. Does anybody have some info?
Aberdeen need to win, and FCK need a draw or better. Dangerous game. Aberdeen home advantage, but I dont trust them against a difficult, quite an experienced european side like FCk in Europe. I think personally FCk will progress,, From BBC: Aberdeen midfielders Jeffrey de Visscher and Derek Young have joined Jackie McNamara and Darren Mackie on the casualty list. However, the influential Jamie Smith returns for the vital Uefa Cup clash at Pittodrie after three weeks out with a hamstring injury. FC Copenhagen look likely to welcome back former Chelsea winger Jesper Gronkjaer from injury...

Re: UEFA CUP Wed 19th and Thurs 20th Dec THANKS![ quote=Alcoholic;955324]Aberdeen need to win, and FCK need a draw or better. Dangerous game. Aberdeen home advantage, but I dont trust them against a difficult, quite an experienced european side like FCk in Europe. I think personally FCk will progress,, From BBC: Aberdeen midfielders Jeffrey de Visscher and Derek Young have joined Jackie McNamara and Darren Mackie on the casualty list. However, the influential Jamie Smith returns for the vital Uefa Cup clash at Pittodrie after three weeks out with a hamstring injury. FC Copenhagen look likely to welcome back former Chelsea winger Jesper Gronkjaer from injury...

Re: UEFA CUP Wed 19th and Thurs 20th Dec Hi guys! Do you think i am an idiot thinking that some games are set up by the bookies?? Panionios - Bordeaux reserves 2-3 after a 2-0 lead! Galatasaray - Austria W with 0 points 0-0! Liverpool - Marseille 0-1 ! Barcelona - Betis 1-1 Barcelona - Espanyol 2-2!! Excelsior - AZ Alkmaar 2-1!! I am watching football since 1988.. I know some days the favorites can loose. But if i see this things i cant trust them! Yesterday at Panionios in the 89' minute a player of Panionios shot just outside the area and a bordeaux player put his hand infront of his face and sent the ball corner. I think it wasnt a penalty it was too close and he wanted to protect his face. But how come NONE of the Panionios players asked for a penalty???? Galatasaray fans were celebrating the 2-2 of bordeaux but they were still at 0-0 thats wasnt good enough for them and they were playing awful! i was watching both games couldnt believe my eyes. I think we are getting manipulated...

Hi guys! Do you think i am an idiot thinking that some games are set up by the bookies?? Panionios - Bordeaux reserves 2-3 after a 2-0 lead! Galatasaray - Austria W with 0 points 0-0! Liverpool - Marseille 0-1 ! Barcelona - Betis 1-1 Barcelona - Espanyol 2-2!! Excelsior - AZ Alkmaar 2-1!! I am watching football since 1988.. I know some days the favorites can loose. But if i see this things i cant trust them! Yesterday at Panionios in the 89' minute a player of Panionios shot just outside the area and a bordeaux player put his hand infront of his face and sent the ball corner. I think it wasnt a penalty it was too close and he wanted to protect his face. But how come NONE of the Panionios players asked for a penalty???? Galatasaray fans were celebrating the 2-2 of bordeaux but they were still at 0-0 thats wasnt good enough for them and they were playing awful! i was watching both games couldnt believe my eyes. I think we are getting manipulated...
:rollin:rollin:rollin It does make you wonder sometimes doesnt it.

Hi guys! Do you think i am an idiot thinking that some games are set up by the bookies?? Panionios - Bordeaux reserves 2-3 after a 2-0 lead! Galatasaray - Austria W with 0 points 0-0! Liverpool - Marseille 0-1 ! Barcelona - Betis 1-1 Barcelona - Espanyol 2-2!! Excelsior - AZ Alkmaar 2-1!!
None of those results surprised me at all when all factors were considered.

Re: UEFA CUP Wed 19th and Thurs 20th Dec Basically, certain teams are only better cos they have some World class players on the field that can change games, and they rely on these players to make the difference. If those players have an off game (Play Crap), or dont play, the team dont have the same strength anymore. Take Man U. As mentioned before, They have a team of great players, but if Ronaldo dont play, it weakens them alot. If ROnaldo and Rooney dont play, they become abit better then a good side in the league, If you take out ROnaldo, ROony and say Ferdinand and Giggs. They are then Beatable. Same with all these teams. Liverpool without Gerrard wouldnt be the same, Liverpool without Gerrard, Torres and Carragher are beatable. Chealsea without LAmpard, Terrry and DroG, are beatable

Hi guys! Do you think i am an idiot thinking that some games are set up by the bookies?? Panionios - Bordeaux reserves 2-3 after a 2-0 lead! Galatasaray - Austria W with 0 points 0-0! Liverpool - Marseille 0-1 ! Barcelona - Betis 1-1 Barcelona - Espanyol 2-2!! Excelsior - AZ Alkmaar 2-1!! I am watching football since 1988.. I know some days the favorites can loose. But if i see this things i cant trust them! Yesterday at Panionios in the 89' minute a player of Panionios shot just outside the area and a bordeaux player put his hand infront of his face and sent the ball corner. I think it wasnt a penalty it was too close and he wanted to protect his face. But how come NONE of the Panionios players asked for a penalty???? Galatasaray fans were celebrating the 2-2 of bordeaux but they were still at 0-0 thats wasnt good enough for them and they were playing awful! i was watching both games couldnt believe my eyes. I think we are getting manipulated...
Try to reduce the chances of being manipulated then ;), avoid certain leagues and clubs...Turkey, Greece and the rest of the Balkans, for instance might prove to be a money - saver..:lol But having Barca - Espanyol on your list with funny games isn't right, just check Barca's away record this year and Espanyol's improvement over the last 2 years...

agree on this one mate' date=' Viola need to get back on form and their next 2 games should see some positive results. I also feel there is a lot of emotion involved here considerin Viola coach Cesare Prandelli is back after his wife passed away recently. Hopefully the players can put a confident performance for their manager and seal the group.[/quote'] Thanks for the input Toronto_Mike, I guess it will be an emotional match for the Viola. I do hope they have a nice win for the memory of the coache's wife. :cheers JC

Re: UEFA CUP Wed 19th and Thurs 20th Dec Larissa vs Nurnberg 1 unit in Nurnberg HT/FT at 2,64 at Betfair I dont understand this odds... So Nurnberg win at 1.50, Nurnberg -1 at 1,80 and HT/FT at 2,64? I'll take it... Larissa is the last placed in the group and they dont have nothing to play for. They are probably one of the teams with less quality in Uefa Cup, and their record is 0-0-3. In their league they are also bad classified, so they may rest some players considering the game they have on saturday. Nurnberg are playing better now after a bad start of the season and they have a big motivation for this game. If they win, they will go trough the next round. As simple as that. There's not injuries in the team and they just have to make what all the other teams made, beat Larissa. Good luck, http://picks4profit.maisapostas.com/

Mate I have to say that most of the people watching Galatasaray from the outside dont have a clue about how the club is performing and under what conditions..After the glorious UEFA Cup win in 99' they have been on a big big downhill.Have sold most of their star players and have been in huge debt and still are in debt which have effected the players and the club from time to time.Last nights match was a huge dissapointment for the side but it was definitely not a fix! Its just the way they play and thats what they can do with that depth of a squad..My suggestion woud be leave Galatasaray out of your bets in the future.However you can still bet on Turkish football as the financial structure of the Super League has been improved for the winners and the drawers.If you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact me and I'll be happy to get back to you.. Good luck tonight..

Mate I have to say that most of the people watching Galatasaray from the outside dont have a clue about how the club is performing and under what conditions..After the glorious UEFA Cup win in 99' they have been on a big big downhill.Have sold most of their star players and have been in huge debt and still are in debt which have effected the players and the club from time to time.Last nights match was a huge dissapointment for the side but it was definitely not a fix! Its just the way they play and thats what they can do with that depth of a squad..My suggestion woud be leave Galatasaray out of your bets in the future.However you can still bet on Turkish football as the financial structure of the Super League has been improved for the winners and the drawers.If you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact me and I'll be happy to get back to you.. Good luck tonight..
Totally agree, I believe most people were betting them based on their name. I think its getting clear that they are not the force they use to be and teams like Besiktas and Fenerbahce are finally coming to their own. Galatas

Re: UEFA CUP Wed 19th and Thurs 20th Dec noticed few people taking az to beat everton, just wondering what the situation is can az qualify if they win? im thinking if they need to win it could be quite an open match and maybe over 2.5 goals is a good option.

Re: UEFA CUP Wed 19th and Thurs 20th Dec Hitting up a five game parlay tonight AZ V Everton Atletico Madrid V Panathanikos Larrisa V Nurnberg Fiorentina V Boleslav And a game from the portugese league. Benfica V Est Amadora Profit is 4.84 Any weaknesses in the parlay there, may do a treble too, just so I get the money back if Parlay doesn;t work out!

Re: UEFA CUP Wed 19th and Thurs 20th Dec looking for 5 games is a big ask, the bookies over round is much higher on this type of bet, every team you add to the list errodes your expected value, not increases it. Sinlges are better. Do you have reasoning behind your picks ? I'm on AZ tonight based on the team news from Everton

Everton boss David Moyes has left five senior players at home for the trip to face AZ Alkmaar in the Uefa Cup. Mikel Arteta, Tim Cahill, Tim Howard, Yakubu and Joseph Yobo are rested with top spot in Group A already assured. Leon Osman (toe), Phil Neville (knock) and long-term absentees Alan Stubbs and Nuno Valente are also out, meaning the likes of Jack Rodwell, 16, may figure. AZ Alkmaar, who have never failed to make at least the last 32 of the Uefa Cup, need a win to ensure progression.
and the managers comments "We need to be ready for the important period over Christmas.
"We want to keep the run that we are on just now going and we will have that in mind against Alkmaar. "We are taking a few of the younger lads, so we can leave one or two aside but we still want to go out there and win."
Sems he written off the game already