UEFA CUP Wed 19th and Thurs 20th Dec

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA CUP Wed 19th and Thurs 20th Dec Going for the overs in the AZ v Everton match as I am undecided on how everton will perform without the players left at home. AZ need to win to ensure Qualification, so they will be pushing for goals, Everton will be more relaxed ( they don't need any result from this game) which should mean an open match. Selection: Over 2.5 Goals ( 1.9 BF)

Re: UEFA CUP Wed 19th and Thurs 20th Dec

Im on AZ also BUT Everton are getting all the cash' date=' they are being clipped in at nearly every bookie...Any ideas why?[/quote'] 1:04 GOAL AZ Alkmaar 0 - Everton 1 Goal by Andrew Johnson (Everton) drilled right-footed (bottom-left of goal) from left side of penalty area (12 yards). There's your answer? I'm on Everton +1 and overs.

Basically' date=' certain teams are only better cos they have some World class players on the field that can change games, and they rely on these players to make the difference. If those players have an off game (Play Crap), or dont play, the team dont have the same strength anymore. Take Man U. As mentioned before, They have a team of great players, but if Ronaldo dont play, it weakens them alot. If ROnaldo and Rooney dont play, they become abit better then a good side in the league, If you take out ROnaldo, ROony and say Ferdinand and Giggs. They are then Beatable. Same with all these teams. Liverpool without Gerrard wouldnt be the same, Liverpool without Gerrard, Torres and Carragher are beatable. Chealsea without LAmpard, Terrry and DroG, are beatable[/quote'] "holy words" as we say down here :beer here's one for ya and it's not the bookies who buy/sell games but players or "organised crime" and who could afford to buy Henry, Ronaldinho, Messi and the pack... though watching second half of Valladolid-Barcelona I was at a loss... they really seemed like they didn't care... well, now we know it's good to bet against Barca away :) it's the poor clubs, especially from East/Central Europe, the Balkans being notorious, in Poland we have a bit of that too ;) and Russia...

Milan are 2-0 down to Catania in the Cup at home.. Is that Organised crime?...
No, if AC Milan had a great lead in the Serie A they could afford to focus on the Coppa. However, considering they play Inter Milan this weekend, why should they even bother on a cup that won't generate as much revenue as the Serie A title or CL? Weird for them to be losing to Catania but they do not have the depth they use to have. As for AZ, was a little fishy to begin with, who's they might comeback, but Everton are still a decent squad. Yes they will be focused vs Man Utd but there is still pride at stake. We saw Bordeaux yesterday keep their perfect record so why not Everton? Still early, remember 2H yesterday was pretty wild.

Re: UEFA CUP Wed 19th and Thurs 20th Dec I was unable to post before, but this is what I took today:

Soccer - 529 Everton +355 for Game Soccer - Draw (AZ Alkmaar vs Everton) +260 for Game Soccer - 532 FC Kopenhagen +155 for Game Soccer - Draw (Aberdeen vs FC Kopenhagen) +215 for Game Soccer - 547 Dinamo Zagreb +225 for Game
I think with Everton the issue for me is that people give AZ too much credit for their home winning streak, when they are a far weaker club this season without their two prolific scorers from a year ago. And also as we saw yesterday and every other day late in the cup, teams that "have nothing to play for" often play quite well, with young players looking to impress, or the team playing loose, or whatever. Kopenhagen is simply a better team in my view; plus they are good at getting draws and only need a draw. As for Zagreb, the unluckiest team in the world, they had a free kick counted by UEFA in the 2nd minute then taken off the board; don't know what that was about. But Rennes is horrible, no surprise to me that Dinamo has come out strong. Of course, for them coming out strong means leading 8 to 2 in shots in the first half and the game still 0-0. lol

considering geographical location of the guests and Silvio B.'s connections I might go with that explanation ;) or the Inter game in sight and Milan's home form (rather the lack of it) in this case I think both :dude Everton as expected, I'm going for the straight win @1.8 as I already have an insurance (Everton not to lose @2.2 :))

I was unable to post before, but this is what I took today: I think with Everton the issue for me is that people give AZ too much credit for their home winning streak, when they are a far weaker club this season without their two prolific scorers from a year ago. And also as we saw yesterday and every other day late in the cup, teams that "have nothing to play for" often play quite well, with young players looking to impress, or the team playing loose, or whatever. Kopenhagen is simply a better team in my view; plus they are good at getting draws and only need a draw. As for Zagreb, the unluckiest team in the world, they had a free kick counted by UEFA in the 2nd minute then taken off the board; don't know what that was about. But Rennes is horrible, no surprise to me that Dinamo has come out strong. Of course, for them coming out strong means leading 8 to 2 in shots in the first half and the game still 0-0. lol
Same as yesterday. Big Everton win, big FCK loss, and a Rennes equalizer in the 88th minute takes away my 5-unit win and turns it into a 0.33-unit loss.

Agree with you, will add on top of this game AZ, HSV and Nurnberg to win and play these in a combo, any 2,3 and 4, with odds for the straight line at 6,00. To be honest the game in Holland worries me most, no matter how weakened Everton will be, AZ are not that convincing this season. Don't see reason Hamburger to field reserves, German teams always play fair and to win in these cups and they are a class above Basel who are also through. As of Nurnberg, I saw their game at Zenith, the team is strong and needs the win, should have the best available team out vs a team that has no chances to qualify. It won't be easy with the Greeks, but away win is most probable outcome.
2/4 isn't good, this combo was max stake, should have played Overs as usual :wall Bad night, Fiore further spoiled it...:sad

I watched most of the first half. Milan had loads of possession but Catania defended in depth and scored with excellent finishes from pretty much their only proper counter attack opportunities. Milan were well rusty, unsurprising with all the missing regulars. Serginho even managed to clear a Cafu shot off the Catania line somehow. Hardly anyone at the game too.

My only pick for tomorrow in the UEFA Cup: Fiorentina-M. Boleslav We all know Fiorentina and I bet very few of us know Boleslav... Despite their recent poor form (with 4 draws and 3 losses in their last 7 games since beating Elfsborg 6-1 at home) Fiorentina is currently 5th in the Italian League and 2nd in their UEFA Cup group on 5 points. I think they'll get back on track in this game and there's too much of a difference in terms of class and quality to Boleslav a mediocre team with only 1 win in their last 10 games. My pick: home -1.5 AH (Asian Handicap) lost Good luck! JC
Fiorentina won but they didn't cover the handicap... JC