** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League - 28th November

Re: Champions League - 28th November

LIVERPOOL Last six: WWWDWD Last six at home: WWWDDL

PORTO Last six: WDWDWD Last six at home: DDWWWW A display to match the 8-0 trouncing of the Turkish side earlier this month would certainly give Benitez a much-needed boost. What he doesn't need is a repeat of the dire 1-1 draw at Porto in the opening group match. Porto tops Group A with eight points, followed by Marseille with seven, Liverpool with four and Besiktas with three. Liverpool plays at Marseille next month.Benitez's cause has been further hindered by Liverpool's position in the Premier League. Despite being undefeated in the league so far, the Reds are only fifth, six points behind leader Arsenal. In contrast, Porto has been top of the Portuguese league since the opening round and currently has a four-point lead. Argentine striker Lisandro Lopez has scored half of Porto's 20 league goals this season. Pedro Emanuel, who returned for last weekend's 2-0 win over Setubal after a three-month layoff with an ankle injury, should pair up in central defense with Bruno Alves. A draw will take Porto into the last 16.

• In three meetings, Porto have failed to beat Liverpool, but have managed two draws (1-1 in the home leg of this tie and 0-0 in 2001) and one loss (2-0 at Anfield in 2001).
  • In their previous twelve games against Portuguese opposition, Liverpool have lost just three times and always to Benfica: away in 1984 and both home and away to Benfica in the last sixteen of the 2005/06 campaign.
  • The Benfica defeat was their only home loss to a Portuguese side. The only other time the Reds have dropped points to Portuguese opposition was in 2000/01, when Boavista drew 1-1.
  • Porto are undefeated away from home this season, and have only dropped points once (against Estrela Amadora in the league).

Liverpool 2 Porto 1. I like the look of Draw/Liverpool HT/FT result @ 4.50 with Blue Sq Ladbrokes Skybet

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League - 28th November celtic's home record in Europe speaks for itself and now they have must-win situation essentially. extra fire may be lit for Celtic players as well, after Shaktar's manager said Celtic was lucky in the wins vs. Benfica and Milan. Home win for me. maybe a double with Liverpool.

boruc expected to play in goal for celtic and given the improvement in defence and boruc's return' date=' i've also had a small bet on betfair for celtic to keep a clean sheet, which is surely overpriced at 2.52?[/quote'] Is there any doubts or are they 100% certain he'll play? :sad

@ Bossie13 - Hope you won't see this as lecturing, but in your place I would consider changing your bet somehow. I mean in case of a draw you are winning both ways, the double chance and the straight bet x, with 12 units staked, which would be excellent. But in case of an away win at 1,22 for a double chance on Real, again with 12 units, altogether it is some units lost. If you are leaning toward Real, than for sure you can find better options, some AH or DNB? IF the draw is your choice then 3/10 on the draw only is good enough. Or raise it to 4/10 - 5/10, which will save you 7 or 8 units for another bet ? Don't get me wrong, I am not being rude. I am only trying to find better option for myself by discussing other people's picks Good luck :ok
Nicko, no problem at all. Thanks for the intrestings explanation. When i gave something more than 7/10 it means that i play this with much money because then 8-9 or10/10 are my "bankers" for the weekend/midweek. But with stakes like here 1.22 i put them in my main combo. The draw for tonight i gave 3/10 such things i play single or when i have some money left i put them in a 3 out of 5 (or something like that) Once again thanks for your reply Good luck tonight:ok For me this is an almost no bet night, maybe i place some small things on benfica 1X in combo with liverpool and, like lot of you here suggest, Celtic (altough i fear shaktor a lot; they played saturday with the break on ,i saw the game and made my mind up not to bet on celtic game because i don't trust shaktor) but i 've got confidence in all your opinions.

Is there any doubts or are they 100% certain he'll play? :sad
Not 100% as of yet mate, but Big Artur has said himself he should be fine to play and he changed with the squad yesterday, would be a massive shock if the big man wasnt between the stick tonight. Just hope he keeps a clean sheet for us. Starting to get worried about this one the closer I get to ko. Huge game for us tonight, I know I posted earlier saying that I cant believe we are so close to evens etc but the closer to the game I get the more I remember how good an outfit shaktar are and how they destroyed us in the first 20 mins on matchday 1. Hopefully we can get the result we need and should be a great game but one things for certain, shaktar are without question a good enough side to nick at least the point they need tonight. Lets hope they don't. MON THE HOOPS!!!

Re: Champions League - 28th November I think Liverpool will grab all three points tonight, BUT betting against Porto with their killer-counters and perfectly organised zone defence with odds for home win 1,40-1,50 is only good in a combo. The Besiktas game was good, but only days before it Marseille took all 3 points. Very lucky it was, true , but Liverpool clearly struggled in that game to create chances. At these odds for L'pool I am simply not prepared to wait for 90 mins for a winner like it happened last night with Man U. Good luck to everyone with money on the home win, no bet for me. Will consider this game later for an acca. My main bet for tonight is still the Over in Bremen, slept with the idea and no matter how likely the draw looks as of the Real approach to the game, and no matter how crippled Werder is with important missings it looks good. See my previous post for reasoning. The game in Norway is another no bet for me. Read some posts here who tend to underestimate the Rosenborg wins over Valencia ? Maybe the logic is that if Schalke won there, Chelsea certainly will as well? Most probably, but both teams will be happy with a draw, heavy snowfall in the region recently, two wins over Valencia........No bet, odds for away win are a joke. Two games I haven't made up my mind on yet, those in Istanbul and Valencia, will post here later. Still in both games I fancy betting on number of cards. Valencia's disciplinary record in Europe is notorious, every ref there is aware of that fight with Inter last year. Schalke step on the pitch with a yellow card for Bordon, so a 3/10 stake for me on Over 4,5 cards at 1,66 from bet365 looks good. The same bet for me in Istanbul, certainly a decider game for both teams, with some quick-tempered players and a ref from Spain ( Cantalejo ) where cards are flying for 90 mins. Odds are 1,61 and I will put both games in a card-combo as well. Fancy Overs in both Lazio and Celtic games. Some good reasoning here re the game in Glasgow so I am leaning toward more goals not because I would be fed up with another 1-0 Celtic win, but because the Ukranians have good strikers. Castillo is back, hope the Italian plays too. As of Lazio some posts here convinced my that both teams can score, and since the home win is more likely, the Over looks a logical choice. Need to listen to some other opinions, will post again.

hi fellow punters! im new here and i wana share my tips. firstly, i expect a goal rush at anfield with both side playing to win. liverpool is desperate to win this in order to stay in the CL. with their good recent form, i expect another high scoring game! so im putting a huge confident bet on liverpool-porto over 2.25. however, liverpool at -1.25 does not look confident enough for me to go thru. so im avoiding that. i predict the final scoreline to be 2-1 to liverpool. celtic, as many fellow punters have said are rock solid at home turf. shak stand no chance against them in my opinion. hence, im going for a celtic -0.25. confident bet. lastly, im also backing the outcome of rosenborg-chelsea to be under 2.25. expect a low scoring game. it is nvr easy to go head on against rosenborg at home turf. they defeated valencia on both occasions home and away. but it could go either way. so im playing for a under as chelsea will be wary of the strength of the rosens!

Re: Champions League - 28th November Crap day yesterday for me so hoping for better days. 3 for me tonight. I might take Celtic too but as usual I worry when so many are backing at good odds. Besiktas v Marseille, Marseille (0) @5/6 Skybet A vital game for the home side coming off the back of that humiliating 0:8 defeat at Anfield. If the Turkish side fail to win here then they can forget it and a defeat would all but see them out of Europe altogether depending on what happens at Anfield. It must be remembered thoguh that they did beat Liverpool at home where they were strong at the time but that 2:1 win was followed by a run of 5 winless games of which 4 were straight defeats in a row. They have eneded that now though with an away win in the league at the weekend which will give them confidence. A draw here would not be a bad result for Marseille as that would ensure they would go into the last game in second place only needing another draw to progress. For that reason they should keep it tight but I still think they can nick something here. My reasons are that Eric Gerets knows the opposition and knows Turkish football- he knows how to set up here. He also has a good head to head record against the Besiktas manager having not lost in the 5 previous meetings in Turkish football. Besiktas also have a number of injuries at the back though I am not certain how important they are. Overs was a possible bet here. I expect the home side to score in their search for a win and in all 4 of Marseille's games so far they have scored- but have only conceded 3 goals which put me off that bet. Benfica v Milan, Milan @5/4 Bet365 The onus is well and truely on Benfica who have started getting it together in the league but yet to impress at this level this season. A single win over Celtic in a game that could really have gone either way remains their only points and tonight they must step it up a level for the visit of Milan. As shown at Celtic Park Milan can be beaten but I think to beat Milan you have to get them early or when they have already qualified- neither of which apply here. While Milan stutter along in Serie a they have picked it up in the Champions League since losing to Celtic with emphatic wins over Shakhtar. The away leg was very impressive as I thought that could be a banana skin for them. Benfica no doubt will have to go for it tonight but I think the experienced Milan side will be able to pick them off. Benfica need this to stay in while a win guarantees Milan's progress- though if there is a winner at Celtic Park a draw will do them. Milan for me look better equipped for the job here. Benfica have only a single goal so far in the competition and while they are making chances they can't seem to put them away. When the chips are down and there is a job to be done Milan usually go out and do it so at these odds I think they are worth backing tonight. Liverpool v Porto, Liverpool -1ah @7/10 Ladbrokes This is a must win for Benitez and whatever problems he has with the club he will put the side for tonight and get down to business. At this level Benitez has a proven track record of getting it right and I expect no different tonight. He has a real luxury of riches to choose from and I feel he will pick the right side tonight to take all 3 points here. I don't see a repeat of what happened against Besiktas but I think the win will be emphatic in front of a packed Anfield. Porto are no mugs and will be looking to maintain their unbeaten record which would see them progress tonight. This though is the big one for Liverpool which I feel will make or break their season in Europe.

Re: Champions League - 28th November Only one bet for me tonight that is Shakhtar at Parkhead. They are available at 10/3 which for me is a steal. They completely murdered Celtic a few weeks ago and could have won by a cricket score. Celtic Park has been a fortress for a long time but they have to lose sometime and I fancy it to be tonight. Shakhtar are quick and can cause the Celtic defence problems, I disagree with the posts re their defence being better and can see them losing by a couple of goals. Might also have a nibble on the bookings. 30pts Shakhtar good luck all

Re: Champions League - 28th November There is currently thousands of fans outside Anfield chanting Rafa's name! Leaflets have been handed out to all fans in asking them all to voice their support for the under fire Manager with choruses of Rafa Benitez all through this evenings game!

There is currently thousands of fans outside Anfield chanting Rafa's name! Leaflets have been handed out to all fans in asking them all to voice their support for the under fire Manager with choruses of Rafa Benitez all through this evenings game!
Lets just hope easy home win them!

hi fellow punters! im new here and i wana share my tips. firstly, i expect a goal rush at anfield with both side playing to win. liverpool is desperate to win this in order to stay in the CL. with their good recent form, i expect another high scoring game! so im putting a huge confident bet on liverpool-porto over 2.25. however, liverpool at -1.25 does not look confident enough for me to go thru. so im avoiding that. i predict the final scoreline to be 2-1 to liverpool. celtic, as many fellow punters have said are rock solid at home turf. shak stand no chance against them in my opinion. hence, im going for a celtic -0.25. confident bet. lastly, im also backing the outcome of rosenborg-chelsea to be under 2.25. expect a low scoring game. it is nvr easy to go head on against rosenborg at home turf. they defeated valencia on both occasions home and away. but it could go either way. so im playing for a under as chelsea will be wary of the strength of the rosens!
:welcome to the PL mate
I am just asking my self what you will do if i tell you Liverpool is fixed game also ? :)
:zzz:zzz:zzz

Re: Champions League - 28th November Get over yourself "Man" !!! it's not our fault you chant complete b*llocks! PL is for honest open chat not stupid sarcastic and without foundation comments like you gave last night in the Man Utd game! unless you have evidence i.e. taped conversations / photos of Sir Alex Ferguson accepting a bribe or a copy of his betting slip on the match - then don't post such tripe!

I am just asking my self what you will do if i tell you Liverpool is fixed game also ? :)

I would tell you that yesterday you thought that it was fair enough, to stop posting your b#@$ if the game didn't end with a draw. Well it didn't, so JUST STOP!!!!!!

Re: Champions League - 28th November Celtic v Shakhtar Celtic are unbeaten at home this season. They drew their first league game 0-0, and have won all six since, without conceding a goal. They have also beaten Milan 2-1 and Benfica 1-0 in the Champions League. That means that the only team to score against them this year was the European Champions! They also won all three CL home games last season. To me that suggests they are pretty much invincible at Celtic Park. They are missing Nakamura and Boruc, but both have been out for ages and will not affect the team.Hessilink is a doubt but with such a vast squad, one missing striker will have little effect on Strachans team selection. Shakhtars boss Lucescu is under pressure after a public falling out with new star striker Nerys Castillo over the weekend, and with recent results going against them lately, may be unsettled and nervous coming into this game. They know they have to lose by one goal at the most and will be prepared to defend to the death, but the crowd at Celtic Park is usually worth at least a one goal start to the Scottish Champions...blah blah blah but this will be a DRAW end of story :) Liverpool game also without fixing thats it liked or not

Re: Champions League - 28th November You people really dont have a sence of humour ... why is that ? If Ronaldo didnt score yesterday in overtime what then ? Then you will bealive me it was fixed game ? Like yesterday M.U played with some team from 3 league from Africa ...and leading 5:0 to the end of the match ... obviously you dont unedstund me so from now on i will just go with the flow...so for today Celtic win 3:0 Liverpool win 4:1 Chelsea win 0:3 everybody happy now ?

Re: Champions League - 28th November Hi Guys, Once again excellent discussion. Tonight I quite fancy early goals from Olympiacos as already stated they are a surprise package capable of scoring. Also like the look of Rosenberg to take a lead against Chelsea. Again although they faced an average Valencia previously they are worh a small punt early on with possible lay potential. Good Luck medics

Re: Champions League - 28th November If i may just to say this Olimpiacos will win tonight ... Lacio is not organised average team who need this victory but Olimpiacos have some aces from there sleeves ... half time will be a boring draw and then in the second half Lacio must open and from the counter atacks they will receive a goal or maybe two. Lacio das not have solid team scoad especialy in the atack and they are maybe slowest team in Calcho. corect score 0-2 3/10 Olimpiacos win 7/10

You people really dont have a sence of humour ... why is that ? If Ronaldo didnt score yesterday in overtime what then ? Then you will bealive me it was fixed game ? Like yesterday M.U played with some team from 3 league from Africa ...and leading 5:0 to the end of the match ... obviously you dont unedstund me so from now on i will just go with the flow...so for today Celtic win 3:0 Liverpool win 4:1 Chelsea win 0:3 everybody happy now ?
MODS - can someone please think about banning this fool. My aim here isnt to start a fight but this guy ruined yesterdays CL thread with bullshit and is trying to do the same here.