** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League - 28th November

Wednesday 28 November 2007
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">sp.gifBPP
Benfica v Milan (19:45 GMT)3.353.352.40102% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last GoalscorerBoth Teams To ScoreCornersCorners 1st HalfDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Corner TeamFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf-time Asian HandicapHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredHighest Scoring HalfLast Team to ScoreMatch SpecialsNext Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderTo Score a PenaltyTotal Goal MinutesTotal GoalsTotal Goals 1st Half
Besiktas v Marseille (19:45 GMT)2.823.302.78102% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last GoalscorerBoth Teams To ScoreCornersCorners 1st HalfDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Corner TeamFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf-time Asian HandicapHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredHighest Scoring HalfLast Team to ScoreMatch SpecialsNext Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderTo Score a PenaltyTotal Goal MinutesTotal GoalsTotal Goals 1st Half
Celtic v Shakhtar (19:45 GMT)1.963.504.60102% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last Goalscorer1st Half Totals Over/UnderBoth Teams To ScoreClean SheetCornersCorners 1st HalfDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Corner TeamFirst Goal MethodFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf-time Asian HandicapHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredHighest Scoring HalfLast Team to ScoreMatch SpecialsNext Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderTeam Not to ScoreTo Miss a PenaltyTo Score a Hat-trickTo Score a HeaderTo Score a PenaltyTo Score from Inside the BoxTo Score from Outside the BoxTo Score with the FootTotal Goal MinutesTotal GoalsTotal Goals 1st HalfWin Both Halves
Lazio v Olympiakos (19:45 GMT)1.853.555.65100% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last Goalscorer1st Half Totals Over/UnderBoth Teams To ScoreCornersCorners 1st HalfDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Corner TeamFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf-time Asian HandicapHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredHighest Scoring HalfLast Team to ScoreMatch SpecialsNext Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderTo Score a PenaltyTotal Goal MinutesTotal GoalsTotal Goals 1st Half
Liverpool v FC Porto (19:45 GMT)1.504.509.00100% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last GoalscorerBoth Teams To ScoreClean SheetCornersCorners 1st HalfDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Corner TeamFirst Goal MethodFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf-time Asian HandicapHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredHighest Scoring HalfLast Team to ScoreMatch SpecialsNext Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderRed CardTeam Not to ScoreTo Miss a PenaltyTo Score a Hat-trickTo Score a HeaderTo Score a PenaltyTo Score from Inside the BoxTo Score from Outside the BoxTo Score with the FootTotal Goal MinutesTotal GoalsTotal Goals 1st HalfWin Both Halves
Rosenborg v Chelsea (19:45 GMT)6.603.851.66102% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last Goalscorer1st Half Totals Over/UnderBoth Teams To ScoreClean SheetCornersCorners 1st HalfDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Corner TeamFirst Goal MethodFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf-time Asian HandicapHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredHighest Scoring HalfLast Team to ScoreMatch SpecialsNext Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderSubstitutions UsedTo Miss a PenaltyTo Score a Hat-trickTo Score a HeaderTo Score a PenaltyTo Score from Inside the BoxTo Score from Outside the BoxTo Score with the FootTotal Goal MinutesTotal GoalsTotal Goals 1st HalfWin Both Halves
Valencia v Schalke 04 (19:45 GMT)1.713.806.10102% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last Goalscorer1st Half Totals Over/UnderBoth Teams To ScoreCornersCorners 1st HalfDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Corner TeamFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf-time Asian HandicapHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredHighest Scoring HalfLast Team to ScoreMatch SpecialsNext Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderTo Score a PenaltyTotal Goal MinutesTotal GoalsTotal Goals 1st Half
Werder Bremen v Real Madrid (19:45 GMT)3.203.502.42102% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last GoalscorerBoth Teams To ScoreCornersCorners 1st HalfDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Corner TeamFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf-time Asian HandicapHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredHighest Scoring HalfLast Team to ScoreMatch SpecialsNext Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderTo Score a PenaltyTotal Goal MinutesTotal GoalsTotal Goals 1st Half

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League - 28th November For me a celtic win at close to evens is a massive price. I find it hard to believe that the bookies still price a celtic home win at such big odds. It has been well documented in the past that celtic's home record is extremely formidable. Celtic have been on a decent run of for lately with a solid 3-0 at the weekend whilst key players such as McGeady and Brown continue to put in top quality performances. If this form can be maintained going into Wednesday I strongly fancy a celtic win. A Celtic win by 2 goals as long as we dont concede should be enough to ensure qualification whilst an unlikely win of 3 goals or more will see the hoops in the last 16 for the second successive season. Shaktar have not been on the greatest run of form as of late, and despite a win in Lisbon on matchday 2 historically they are not a team which travels well in the champions league. This fact coupled with celtic's formidable home record at Parkhead should set up another memorable night at Celtic Patrk and hopefully another home win. Prediction Celtic win 1-0

Re: Champions League - 28th November I think crucially the improved performances of Lee Naylor and John Kennedy in defence stand us in better shape than maybe a month ago. Shakhtar I'd reckon need a point to through, unless we do something in Milan ( you know how we are formidable away from home in europe like.. :lol ) or Shakhtar lose to benfica - cant see too many goals on wednesday with regard to my above thoughts although we raise our game in these matches by 10% its the best home record of any team in Europe and is no coincidence. JVofH scoring at the weekend hopefully gives him some renewed confidence as hes been piss-poor ( even before his injury ) Nakamuro will likely miss out although we seem to be playing ok without him. Aiden McGeady is one of the form players throughout Europe right now M.O.T.M again on saturday. Not sure how Artur Boruc is injured himself pre-match on saturday and Mark Brown was in goal, cant say this lad fills me with confidence. prediction Celtic 1-0 Shakhtar

Re: Champions League - 28th November Celtic V Shakhtar /1/ @ 2.02 - I can't understand why the bookies continue to place such high odds on Celtic at home. The record speaks for itself. We had a brilliant 2nd half perfomance on Saturday and the players will be fired up for this one knowing that anything other than a win will leave our chances of the last 16 hanging by a knife edge. Shaktar had an embarrassing 1-1 draw against bottom of the table Naftovik at the weekend and one of their star players Castillo is likely to be dropped after a bust-up with the coach. I can see Shakhtar scoring tbh so I'm tempted to go for correct score 2-1 Celts.

Re: Champions League - 28th November Does anyone else think that Chelsea are a false price for their trip to Rosenborg? Rosenborg have been no mugs this season in Europe, and were worth the point in the reverse fixture. They are also well rested, having not been in action since the last Euro round. I am also taken with the idea that Porto can get something on Merseyside. A point will ensure they go through, won't it, and they had a decent win on Sunday to stay top of the Portuguese league. Liverpool have been on fire recently in the league but, lets face it, the teams they have played haven't been the greatest in the premiership and the win against Besiktas does give a false picture in Europe IMO

Re: Champions League - 28th November For the start and early bets I was thinking Liverpool-Porto (draw) and Rosenborg-Chelsea (draw). For Rosenborg this is unique opportunity to qualify to next round. And I'm sure they will fight enough to keep a draw, Chelsea have the same possition. And Rosenborg beat Valencia twice, once at home and once away, both matches ended with 2:0. At home they are strong team, so draw for me. Porto is good team, here I trust my feeling. I don't like Liverpool's game. Think I'll take here draw, but maybe I change my mind and go for away win.

Re: Champions League - 28th November Liverpool are now basically in a knockout situation in this years champions league after their poor start to the group. However, this is what i feel brings the best out of Liverpool and Benitez when it is a knockout situation. Porto have a very poor record in England, they have lost eight of their last nine. With the Anfield crowd getting behind the team i think they will have too much for Portos' defence. Liverpool have started to create many goal scoring chances in there last few games, they could have had at least seven at Newcastle at the weekend while being solid in defence restricting Newcastle to no shots on target and no corners. My bet is a home win for Liverpool. GL all

Re: Champions League - 28th November Werder Bremen - Real Madrid This will be another typical Real awaygame ,i fear. This means with less energy as possible pick somethingaway from here. 3 points ok but with 1 point we 're also happy. So also knowing that Diego is out (suspended) is out for the game, i think Werder will be short of creativity against Real. So my bet is Werder - Real X2 (9/10) 1.22 at Dockxbet and X (3/10) 3.5 WinUnited.com

Re: Champions League - 28th November My picks for Wednesday: Liverpool-Porto Liverpool has enough quality to beat any team on the planet but they've been very inconsistent this season (we never know which Liverpool will show up for this game...will it be Dr Jekyll or will it be Mr Hyde?). Porto has some good quality as a team and if they can keep a clean sheet in the 1st 30m they can surely pull a good result at Anfield. Porto coach has also admited that a draw would be a good result (meaning, he'll be playing for the draw and not taking many chances only looking for a counter attack where they can score through Quaresma or Lizandro Lopez). I see Liverpool as slight favourites but I don't think it will be easy. My pick: away +1/+1.5AH (Asian Handicap); Besiktas-Marseille In order to keep their hopes alive (remote hopes in terms of CL but still some good chances of making it into the UEFA Cup next stage) Besiktas must win tomorrow. Marseille is getting good results so far this season in the CL but they have not impressed me at all. I expect them to be playing for the draw but it is hard to play in Turkey (Porto players said after their recent game there against Besiktas that they've never seen anything like that in their careers...that's how impressive the athmosphere was). My pick: home PK; Rosenborg-Chelsea Rosenborg is doing well in the CL so far, they're usually dangerous and hard to beat at home and they'll be all pumped up for this game where a win could assure them a spot in the next stage of the CL. Chelsea is a better team but I don't think it will be easy for them tomorrow. My pick: home +0.5/+1AH; Benfica-Milan For Benfica this is a must win situation, either for them to keep their remote hopes of qualifying to the next stage of the CL alive or to, at least, qualify to the next round of the UEFA Cup. The "only" difficulty is that their opponent is...Milan, the current CL title holders and a great team with players like Kaka, Seedorf and Pirlo among others. Milan has been very inconsistent this season but they still manage to be top of their group in the CL. Tomorrow they'll miss Inzaghi, but they have more than enough quality replacements in Gilardino and Ronaldo (who just got back to action). Benfica's coach said they'll have to be smart and that they'll play to win. I'll be at the stadium right behind his bench making sure he (Camacho) gets it right :lol. My pick: home 0/+0.5AH; Werder Bremen-Real Madrid Bremen is not very consistent this season and tomorrow they'll be without main keeper Wiese, star playmaker Diego, midfielder Frings and striker Hugo Almeida. Too many important players missing IMO. Real has all the quality it takes to get a win here and secure 1st place in the group. My pick: away 0/-0.5AH; Good luck! JC

Re: Champions League - 28th November Lazio V Olympiakos - HOME win Like the look of Lazio here at 1.98 with Betfair. Olympiakos' away for in the Greek Super league is woeful from 5 game they have won 0, drawn 3 and lost 2. They sit third in the super league behind AEK Athens and Panathinaikos. In the Champions League group they sit 3rd, joint on 5 points with Lazio. This is really a must win game for Lazio if they wish to have a chance of qualifing for the last 16. In the return leg of this fixture in Greece on match day one it was 1-1. Lets try win some cash back from last night :hope:cheers

Re: Champions League - 28th November I watched Olympiakos euro-games this season and I like what I have seen. Even with Real in Madrid they were equal team with 10 mens on the field (early red card for them). They even manage to get 1:0 lead with one men less on the field and played very well later in that game but lost because 10 mens against 11 mens in away game against Real Madrid on Santiago Bernabeu was simply "mission impossible". In other away game in Champions League they won against Werder Bremen 3:1 and because of that I'm going so lay Lazio on Betfair or maybe take clear away win @4.80 (Betfair), because I think that's underestimating of Olympiakos.

Re: Champions League - 28th November

Werder Bremen - Real Madrid This will be another typical Real awaygame ,i fear. This means with less energy as possible pick somethingaway from here. 3 points ok but with 1 point we 're also happy. So also knowing that Diego is out (suspended) is out for the game, i think Werder will be short of creativity against Real. So my bet is Werder - Real X2 (9/10) 1.22 at Dockxbet and X (3/10) 3.5 WinUnited.com
Somehow in the years betting on the Over in every Bremen home game paid off well. I already have a 10/10 double with Roma and Werder Over, and for once I won't even place an insurance bet on it, having Roma in the pocket. The chances of seeing 3 or more goals in this game are very high, no wonder the odds are down to 1,61. I rate Werder as a better team than Lazio who managed to score 2 vs "mighty'' Real. With or without Diego Werder score at home. German teams play to win, for the fans and pride. I am not saying Werder will win, though bigger surprises happened in CL this year ( Valencia-Rosenborg to name one), but for sure we will see the hosts going forward big time. This will leave more space for Real, hence the odds for Over 2,5 so low. Instead of playing safe and place a bet on Under 2,5 goals which will put me in a win-to-win situation, I would rather consider the odds at bet365 for Over 3,5 which is 2,59. Somehow I see a very attacking first 30 mins and if any of the teams scores any scoreline is possible, but certainly not an Under, and I don't trust Real's defence much. @ Bossie13 - Hope you won't see this as lecturing, but in your place I would consider changing your bet somehow. I mean in case of a draw you are winning both ways, the double chance and the straight bet x, with 12 units staked, which would be excellent. But in case of an away win at 1,22 for a double chance on Real, again with 12 units, altogether it is some units lost. If you are leaning toward Real, than for sure you can find better options, some AH or DNB? IF the draw is your choice then 3/10 on the draw only is good enough. Or raise it to 4/10 - 5/10, which will save you 7 or 8 units for another bet ? Don't get me wrong, I am not being rude. I am only trying to find better option for myself by discussing other people's picks Good luck :ok

Re: Champions League - 28th November Benfica vs Milan 1 unit in Benfica DNB at 2,45 at Betfair Benfica are in their best streak of the season. In the last 8 games, they won 7. In the last week, Benfica got 3 very important players back on the team. Petit, probably the best portuguese defensive midfielder is now fit. Also Nelson, portuguese national team player is back and can replace Luis Filipe. David Luis is also back in the defence, so Katsouranis will go to the midfield again, his real place. Other important factor is that Benfica is playing at home. Last year only 2 teams manage to win there, and this year only Shaktar did it. It will be 60 000 people in the stadium supporting Benfica. Considering the other game against Milan, Benfica will have 3 new players on the team, and Milan have to be without Inzaghi. Ronaldo and Gillardino arent as effective as Pipo and Ronaldo is still getting rhytim. Milan are not doing a good season, with many problems in italian league, and even in the Champions they are not convincing. For qualifying they probably dont even need this game, and playing against a 4-5-1 with a 4-3-1-2 wont be simple for them. Benfica has the power to control the midfield tomorrow and if this happen, they will create big problems to Milan. Good luck, http://picks4profit.maisapostas.com/

Re: Champions League - 28th November Pool win! Why? Simple enough, it is needed at every cost. Porto won on SUNDAY 2-0 and liverpool won on SATURDAY 3-0. You have to admit it is a tricky match because Liverpool will not defend but will constantly attack which could lead to some dangerous counter attacks. At the end of the 90 minutes Liverpool will win and Benitez would life to fight for another day, and hopefully teach the American owners a little how the football business is done!!!!

Benfica vs Milan 1 unit in Benfica DNB at 2,45 at Betfair Benfica are in their best streak of the season. In the last 8 games, they won 7. In the last week, Benfica got 3 very important players back on the team. Petit, probably the best portuguese defensive midfielder is now fit. Also Nelson, portuguese national team player is back and can replace Luis Filipe. David Luis is also back in the defence, so Katsouranis will go to the midfield again, his real place. Other important factor is that Benfica is playing at home. Last year only 2 teams manage to win there, and this year only Shaktar did it. It will be 60 000 people in the stadium supporting Benfica. Considering the other game against Milan, Benfica will have 3 new players on the team, and Milan have to be without Inzaghi. Ronaldo and Gillardino arent as effective as Pipo and Ronaldo is still getting rhytim. Milan are not doing a good season, with many problems in italian league, and even in the Champions they are not convincing. For qualifying they probably dont even need this game, and playing against a 4-5-1 with a 4-3-1-2 wont be simple for them. Benfica has the power to control the midfield tomorrow and if this happen, they will create big problems to Milan. Good luck, http://picks4profit.maisapostas.com/
good luck for tonight Zigoto :ok I'll be at Celtic Park tonight, if both of us win this makes it a very tight section. have to agree on Liverpool 1 - very impressed with Liverpool on saturday, full house and the atmosphere electric. fancy unders in Benfica/Milan - a draw should be enough for Milan and when Italian teams need results like this they usually get them. .

Re: Champions League - 28th November Liverpool vs FC Porto Im going for a Liverpool home win, they have the quality and confidence and come off two comfortable victories. They played poorly at Porto, but at Anfield it should be a different game. The fans are really going to get behind the team for this one and show support for Benitez after his "row" with the owners. Liverpool will be far more determined to win this game than Porto and will go all out for the result. Porto are away at Benfica on the weekend and will be playing for the draw. Liverpool home win. 1.5 at Paddypower ive got. all bookies giving liverpool really short prices...maybe ths one should be avoided, too late for me!

Lazio V Olympiakos - HOME win Like the look of Lazio here at 1.98 with Betfair. Olympiakos' away for in the Greek Super league is woeful from 5 game they have won 0, drawn 3 and lost 2. They sit third in the super league behind AEK Athens and Panathinaikos. In the Champions League group they sit 3rd, joint on 5 points with Lazio. This is really a must win game for Lazio if they wish to have a chance of qualifing for the last 16. In the return leg of this fixture in Greece on match day one it was 1-1. Lets try win some cash back from last night :hope:cheers
Be careful mate with your bet in Lazio. Olympiakos plays well in Europe away from home. The value is in the away win in my opinion, actually DNB @ 3.40 around. I have already placed a 230 bet and I am thinking for 150 euros more.

Re: Champions League - 28th November Whattup, guys? First post and a combo I'll try today... Rosenborg vs. Chelsea: 1X: Ok, let's face it: Rosenborg is the most pleasant surprise this season. And I'm not saying this because they defeated the inconstant Valencia twice, but because they know how to approach most games and they can be dangerous to any team. Plus, the context of today's game is good for them: the players are better rested than those of Chelsea; the weather suits them better; Chelsea will probably be rather relaxed, since a draw here is fine: the last game is at home against Valencia. Also, I've read thatCarvalho, Cech and Ferreira are out for Chelsea. Celtic vs. Shakhtar: 1X: don't think I have to write much: Celtic is a strong team at home and trash on the road. Plus, they have a good chance of ending the group stage on second place... which would be a great performance for them. Benfica vs. Milan: X2: this is tricky, considering the guests will be satisfied with a draw. Also, Benfica should think of the game against Porto as well, while Milan will have a clash with Juventus. Inzaghi won't play, but I have a feeling that, if Benfica should decide for an attacking approach, Milan will show what counter attacks can do. So, a cautious Benfica (that's what I expect) and a Milan that's satisfied with a draw... I don't see the home side taking more than one point.

Re: Champions League - 28th November Liverpool are in a must win situation this evening, no less than a win will almost certainly spell an end of this years Champions League Campaign. There is also a lot of unrest between the Liverpool heirarchy and if we are led to believe it, Benitez is a dead man walking! All this unrest stems from the fact that some of the funding for Liverpools stadium plans is being funded by American Owners Hicks and Gillet and the dollar is not in good shape at the moment, thus they are covering themselves by shelving any transfer plans for the club. Benitez got angry at this situation as he believes that the American owners have not contributed enough transfer funds based on the income the club recouped from selling of players, getting to last seasons Champions League Final and TV revenue. As a way of justifying their financial backing the American owners have stated that they have given Benitez enough support through the acquisition of Torres, Babel and Benayoun and that this should be enough for Liverpool to achieve success with and as a result they have given Rick Parry the sole job of negotiating for any future transfers. Benitez is angry at this situation and has publicly aired his views stating the American owners don't understand the transfer window and that it is not a case of going out and spending more cash on transfers, however quite the opposite in that players who are free agents such as AC Milans' Kakha Kaladze, Liverpool will lose out on. There will be plenty said before the American owners come over next month to discuss the situation with Benitez, in the media however I think Benitez will now be determined that he is the man to take Liverpool forward by getting the results that make his position more concrete. Liverpool players are focussed on the job in hand here this evening and I cannot see them not winning this game for Benitez! The players want Benitez! The fans want Benitez! and what we will see here is a determined display from Liverpool resulting in a win! :ok

Celtic vs. Shakhtar: 1X: don't think I have to write much: Celtic is a strong team at home and trash on the road. Plus' date=' they have a good chance of ending the group stage on second place... which would be a great performance for them. [/quote'] have to agree with you, Celtic is a good bet, especially in a multi but i cant think of who else to bet, maybe Liverpool. :( edit: Celtic + Liverpool multi, gives 2.71 :loon sounds pretty good to me :clap:ok

Only thing that i really like is Valencia/Schalke OVER 2.5 small bet.
why? please give reasoning behind your picks.
Whattup, guys? First post and a combo I'll try today... Rosenborg vs. Chelsea: 1X: Ok, let's face it: Rosenborg is the most pleasant surprise this season. And I'm not saying this because they defeated the inconstant Valencia twice, but because they know how to approach most games and they can be dangerous to any team. Plus, the context of today's game is good for them: the players are better rested than those of Chelsea; the weather suits them better; Chelsea will probably be rather relaxed, since a draw here is fine: the last game is at home against Valencia. Also, I've read thatCarvalho, Cech and Ferreira are out for Chelsea. Celtic vs. Shakhtar: 1X: don't think I have to write much: Celtic is a strong team at home and trash on the road. Plus, they have a good chance of ending the group stage on second place... which would be a great performance for them. Benfica vs. Milan: X2: this is tricky, considering the guests will be satisfied with a draw. Also, Benfica should think of the game against Porto as well, while Milan will have a clash with Juventus. Inzaghi won't play, but I have a feeling that, if Benfica should decide for an attacking approach, Milan will show what counter attacks can do. So, a cautious Benfica (that's what I expect) and a Milan that's satisfied with a draw... I don't see the home side taking more than one point.
:welcome to PL jigsaw! betfair multiples for me a bit of a lay for tonight. Round 4 of the champions league is as good as knockout stage for many now, and teams cannot afford to drop points which should see more predicability :hope Liverpool are in do or die mode - 8-0 vs besiktas shows their intent and they dont lose at home in europe lightly. Porto will come with 10 men behind the ball and hope for the counter attack, but are unlikley to hold liverpool back for 90 mins. Its big money losses if liverpool go out, and with the recent problems between rafa and the americans, rafa cannot afford to lose this. Whether Porto can hold on for the draw ois another matter... Chelsea travel to norway under new management from their embarressing home draw on the opening night. Whilst chelsea have remained unbeaten, rosenborg have taken second spot with victories over valencia - however, this is not the same valencia team of a few years ago and the chelsea game came at a bad time for the londoners. Chelsea should take this match by a clear goal or two. group c is the group of draws with weder exempt so far. a point tonight will suffice for madrid who should be able to at least get a point off lazio at home in the final game. weder have to win here to have any chance of still going through and this factor might just open up enough gaps for madrid to exploit. Draw most probable result here, other wise madrid to win. Celtic face shaktar at home in a match that could decide 2nd place. with shaktar facing benfica at home and celtic travelling to the san siro in the final stage, this is celtics only real hope of getting the 3 points they'll most likley need. again, shaktar aare likley to come and park the bus in front of goal, and whilst celtic have a formidable home record in europe, they will still have to score. betfair multiples are offering, imo, a generous estimated odds of 2.23 for chelsea, liverpool, madrid and celtic not to lose. I'll take that with 5 points. :hope

I think crucially the improved performances of Lee Naylor and John Kennedy in defence stand us in better shape than maybe a month ago. Shakhtar I'd reckon need a point to through, unless we do something in Milan ( you know how we are formidable away from home in europe like.. :lol ) or Shakhtar lose to benfica - cant see too many goals on wednesday with regard to my above thoughts although we raise our game in these matches by 10% its the best home record of any team in Europe and is no coincidence. JVofH scoring at the weekend hopefully gives him some renewed confidence as hes been piss-poor ( even before his injury ) Nakamuro will likely miss out although we seem to be playing ok without him. Aiden McGeady is one of the form players throughout Europe right now M.O.T.M again on saturday. Not sure how Artur Boruc is injured himself pre-match on saturday and Mark Brown was in goal, cant say this lad fills me with confidence. prediction Celtic 1-0 Shakhtar
boruc expected to play in goal for celtic and given the improvement in defence and boruc's return, i've also had a small bet on betfair for celtic to keep a clean sheet, which is surely overpriced at 2.52?

Re: Champions League - 28th November Rosenborg unde 2.5 Rosenborg have been a surprise packet in this group and will pose a further challenge to Chelsea. To make matters worse for the blues, they will be playing on a rock hard icy pitch which should make it even harder for them to play their natural game. Too many mistakes in this game to see many chances created and goals for that matter Liverpool -1 (EH) Liverpool in a must win game should win this by a couple of goals before a huge crowd at Anfield. Liverpool are a team that thrives on the pressure in a must win situation and the very good win at Newcastle should help their confidence coming into this game. Porto don't really need to worry about this game so all the focus is on Liverpool, and they should have the will to win this by a couple of goals Lazio over 2.5 Both of Lazio's 2 home games and Olympiacos' 2 away games have gone over as both teams always look to get score goals. Both teams need a win here and will create chances and hence goals

boruc expected to play in goal for celtic and given the improvement in defence and boruc's return' date=' i've also had a small bet on betfair for celtic to keep a clean sheet, which is surely overpriced at 2.52?[/quote'] It is a big price considering we kept clean sheets in our 4 CL ties at home last season and only a joke penalty for Milan and Pavyluchenko have breached our rearguard this season. However, im a bit worried about tonight, Shakhtar will be a real threat- they cut us open time and time again in the first half in Donetsk, Brazilians Ilsinho, Jadson and Brandao will have to be well patrolled as will Croatian full back Srna who was a thorn in England's side. 2.52 is a big price but with so many creative players the Ukrainians will have a few chances. Good luck though :ok

Be careful mate with your bet in Lazio. Olympiakos plays well in Europe away from home. The value is in the away win in my opinion' date=' actually DNB @ 3.40 around. I have already placed a 230 bet and I am thinking for 150 euros more.[/quote'] Thanks mate will proabably retract my previous post then as that two people who have said Olympiakos will win! :eyes

It is a big price considering we kept clean sheets in our 4 CL ties at home last season and only a joke penalty for Milan and Pavyluchenko have breached our rearguard this season. However, im a bit worried about tonight, Shakhtar will be a real threat- they cut us open time and time again in the first half in Donetsk, Brazilians Ilsinho, Jadson and Brandao will have to be well patrolled as will Croatian full back Srna who was a thorn in England's side. 2.52 is a big price but with so many creative players the Ukrainians will have a few chances. Good luck though :ok
cheers mate - banking on celtics ability to be jeckyll and hyde in europe. seems like the best teams and players struggle there, so hopefully donetsk will too :hope

Re: Champions League - 28th November last night, only 2 home teams did not win, Lyon DREW with barca, and psv WON at CSKA. And i think last group round, HOME won most as well. so i think its good to bet on HOME winners one reason i think Chelsea and Madrid are games hard not safe to bet on. any one agree?

Re: Champions League - 28th November I took Zigoto's pick (subscribed to your tips mate;)),because i agree with the reasoning and for other reasons too....no time to think to other games,and 'cause i'm from Italy and Inter supporter so easy to know why i choose Benfica:rollin