PLOPS - Croc wins HU Bracelet - Dave488 wins Main Event Bracelet

GaF

PLOPS - Croc wins HU Bracelet - Dave488 wins Main Event Bracelet  

1. 1.

Re: Punters Lounge Online Poker Series (PLOPS)

Is there a reason for the day being a Saturday and early start times? Or in the case of the ME Sunday at 3pm?
Main reasoning was to allow deep stacked play without putting too much pressure on people to rush home from work (and play late) midweek... I appreciate the arguments against it (and the arguments against mid week too!!) - ultimately it's something new, it's a test - we'll see how it goes and take the feedback on board for how it can be improved next time :ok Remember they are "stand alone" sats - there's no compulsion to play any/all/the majority - you can just buy straight in to the main events without playing sats...

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep great news ...... brilliant idea to have a heads up as I've not seen another competition like that online
There is a Heads Up tournament every night on Virgin - 20:30 start I think :unsure ($10+$1 buy in)

As for being used as satellites for another tourney, this will mean, with 1 person going through for every 11 entrants, a maximum of 2 people (the finalists) will go through. What will happen to any residual money? Assuming that we have more than 22 players, will there be prize money for the losing semi-finalists (shared equally between 3rd and 4th?). Oh, and BPP points. Will equal points be given to the players coming in 5th to 8th inclusive, then 9th to 16th inclusive?
Yes, it's a maximum of 2 seats - any residual money will be shared out (I would guess equally between 3rd and 4th) BPP Points are awarded according to finishing position as shown in the lobby - this is based on the time you are eliminated - so there is differentiation between 5th 6th 7th and 8th, for example.

:$ I dare say its blindingly obvious' date=' Uh but what does that mean?[/quote'] Would assume it means if you win but cant play you can give your seat to someone else to play but cannot unregister and cash in.But if you won a 2nd seat you would have the cash equivalent,but sure gaf will clarify.

Guest gazza271

Re: Punters Lounge Online Poker Series (PLOPS) Its getting very boring have to say so often well done to PL for another fantastic exclusive :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol Excellent stuff PL and Virgin and will be playing as many as possible :ok

Main reasoning was to allow deep stacked play without putting too much pressure on people to rush home from work (and play late) midweek... I appreciate the arguments against it (and the arguments against mid week too!!) - ultimately it's something new, it's a test - we'll see how it goes and take the feedback on board for how it can be improved next time :ok Remember they are "stand alone" sats - there's no compulsion to play any/all/the majority - you can just buy straight in to the main events without playing sats...
Some of us have to work weekends. Myself not home until after 7ish on a good night. What would the general concencus be on making it around 7.30- 8pm, plus you have a the few who are obviously out on the :beer. I would love to take part in these but the early start would definetly rule me out, thats why i often miss alot of the focus games.

Re: Punters Lounge Online Poker Series (PLOPS) Appreciate the difficulties - but I dont think we'll ever be able to please everyone. For this series, Boss have already set up all the rooms - changing the time isn't as simple as changing the time - they would have to delete the existing games and set up new ones - even if we agreed that the time would be better later, I wouldn't fancy having to go back to Boss and asking them to change them all!!! I think for this one, the times are fixed I'm afraid. Keep posting your comments though and it will help us judge what time to schedule them for if we do a second series :ok If numbers are high thius weekend though and it is well supported, we can look at adding additional sats at other times :ok

Re: Punters Lounge Online Poker Series (PLOPS) Appreciate all the effort that has gone into this and being set up, as you said see what numbers u get for the next time and take it from there. Due for operation in a couple of weeks time anyway, so will be off work for 4-6 weeks so :hope will be playing plenty of poker in my time off.

Re: Punters Lounge Online Poker Series (PLOPS) Jeeps .... thank goodness Sundays qualifier starts early ..... my diary is getting kinda full :- $10k tourny .... $200 Freeroll ... Pokergod tourny .. Aussie Mill qualifier $2k New player tourny ..... I'm just glad my g/f plays or I would be single ........ on the other hand :drums ........

Re: Punters Lounge Online Poker Series (PLOPS) First Sat showing in the lobby :ok Just to re-iterate - this is capped at 32 Players (software restriction) - it will be first come first served - apologies in advance if anyone misses out - demand is looking a little higher than I expected :loon Reg opens 3 hours before the start (at 15:00 GMT) - the password will be sent out by PM before this :ok