** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Kev's Distance Betting

Re: Kev's Distance Betting

7.3L so far with 2 races to go need a couple of tight finishes. the 2nd race 21 runner handicap winning by 4L could be my downfall
Also 2 races left and its 21.55L so far' date=' both races need to be under 6 and a 1/4L to be a winner so 2 tight finishes needed again here[/quote'] well both race produce 1/2L each so still in with a good shout on the last at each:hope

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Donny today some huge races big big fields. Do you really see anything winning by more than 2L or 3L May get 2races winnign by 2L the rest I truly think anything between Hd to a 1L Laddies coral stanjames bluesq all going under 9L 8.75 and even 8L But willhill offering under 9.5 at 6/4 Todays bet then is Under 9.5L with willhill @ 6/4 for 26pts Good Luck if following
:clap total distance was 9.05L, So a winner returns 65pts a profit of 39pts so using any other bookie it would of been a loser
Haydock Haydock looks a pretty tight card also today Others are giving 27 or less Todays bet here is Under 28L with willhill @ 7/4 for 16 pts Good Luck if following
:clapTotal 24.05L and a winner returns are 44pts profit is 28pts total profit on day is 67pts :ok

Re: Kev's Distance Betting Just a small tentative choice today as the odds are good with willhill Todays Bet is Plumpton Over 62L with willhill @ 9/4 for 8pts Also Towcester 36L to 48L with stanjames @ 13/8 for 8pts Good Luck if following :hope

Just a small tentative choice today as the odds are good with willhill Todays Bet is Plumpton Over 62L with willhill @ 9/4 for 8pts Also Towcester 36L to 48L with stanjames @ 13/8 for 8pts Good Luck if following :hope
Towcester is a loser. Plumpton is currently 57.75L so need the last to be at least 4.5L to be a winner So :hope for the last to just show a slight profit on the day.

Just a small tentative choice today as the odds are good with willhill Todays Bet is Plumpton Over 62L with willhill @ 9/4 for 8pts :clap:clap Also Towcester 36L to 48L with stanjames @ 13/8 for 8pts Good Luck if following :hope
Total distance is 73.75L so Plumpton is a winner, returns are 26pts profit of 18pts Profit on day of 10pts New figures to follow

Re: Kev's Distance Betting Looked at all the meetings today and going to have a flutter at all of them. There is 2 meetings I strongly fancy which i will post first Plumpton over 62.5L with willhill @ 15/8 for 12pts

Huntingdon Over 51L with willhill @ 9/4 for 12pts
Good Luck if following :hope

Re: Kev's Distance Betting Other Fancies today are Redcar 8.25L to 12L with Stanjames @ 13/8 for 8pts Warwick over 11L with willhill @ 9/4 for 8 pts Chepstow 30L to 45L with stanjames @ 13/8 for 8pts Good Luck if following :hope

Other Fancies today are Redcar 8.25L to 12L with Stanjames @ 13/8 for 8pts Warwick over 11L with willhill @ 9/4 for 8 pts :ok:clap Chepstow 30L to 45L with stanjames @ 13/8 for 8pts Good Luck if following :hope
Warwick is already a winner after 3 races 11.75L so 26pts returned so far :hope For a couple more to put me into profit for the day. Still a very long way to go

Re: Kev's Distance Betting Only Chepstow and Plumpton to give me any other chance of winning Chepstow requires no more than 11L in the last anything more and it's a loser, so :hope for under 9L Plumpton requires more than 7L in 2 races for this to be a winner, again :hope for that to happen

Re: Kev's Distance Betting Chepstow a winner now as well :clap So returns so far are 47pts If Plumpton happens to be a loser then I lose 1pt on the day So lets hope Plumpton does the business for us to show a nice little profit:hope

Re: Kev's Distance Betting Absolutely gutted with the last 3 races at plumpton plenty in front with the 5th and 6th race and fade terribly on the run to the line Thats the thing with distance betting races you expect to be tight such as a 20 runner handicap over a 7f or a mile and they win by 4L or 5L just throws it out I was really confident with 3 races to go to get the Plumpton one but at least not a big loss on the day Just the 1pt loss overall today

Re: Kev's Distance Betting After a dissapointing end to the day yesterday I finally lose 1pt on the day, which in reality was better than having all losers, Saturday and Sunday both winning Days a very small lost yesterday, lets see what today brings So New figures Bets = 88 Staked = 1238pts Returned = 1152.25pts P/L = -85.75pts :$ Selections 88 Winners 32 Losers 56

been going well the last few days Kev' date=' well done[/quote'] Just seen this Rob, posted as i was writing a reply. Thanks for the support mate Yeah been doing well since saturday and got 77pt profit off the loss part of it Hopefully this will continue to get it back to a profit

Re: Kev's Distance Betting Bit late so will be quick here have to miss Sedgefield as not giving you enough time to place a bet , also to take a look yourselves. Going to go with the following bets Fontwell 28L to 41L with Ladbrokes @ 13/8 for 8pts Pontefract over 15.5L with Ladbrokes @ 7/4 for 6pts Good Luck if following :hope

Re: Kev's Distance Betting Hopefully you Mod guys are looking in also others. I have a question for you all, As you see i have been varying my stakes from 6pts upwards, and on doing this my loss at the moment is 85.75 Pts, Now if i was doing a level stake bet for 10pts per bet the loss would have only been 33pts, the higher the stakes the more i fancy the selection. So if i go to level stakes with which i shall also state my stronger fancies would this be better for the thread Lets us have your thoughts on this guys

Re: Kev's Distance Betting it's up to you Kev, level stakes odds are sometimes much easier to assess. I use them as does Russ, alexmac & i think Phil does on his. Might be best to cease the P/L as it stands & start again from zero stating you are changing the staking plan.:ok I think the others would be ok with that.

it's up to you Kev, level stakes odds are sometimes much easier to assess. I use them as does Russ, alexmac & i think Phil does on his. Might be best to cease the P/L as it stands & start again from zero stating you are changing the staking plan.:ok I think the others would be ok with that.
Cheers for that Rob. Thats what I shall do, both bets taday were losers.

Re: Kev's Distance Betting Might be best to cease the P/L as it stands & start again from zero stating you are changing the staking plan As quoted from above I will be carrying on with this thread, On a fresh start and all bets will be 10pt win singles I will say in the thread if I am super super confident of it, This is were i would normally stake more personally but for the purpose of the P/L and the thread it will always be a 10pt bet Hope everyone is in agreement with this Here is to a fresh and winning start as of tomorrow:ok

Re: Kev's Distance Betting Good luck Kev, nice to have something a bit different in ATR. I have decided to go level stakes as I was overstaking sometimes and overconfident. The only time my stakes vary from 5pts ew or 10pts win is the odd ew bet at 2.5pts or win bet at 5pts if I'm not that confident but aim to try stay under 10pts now per bet. :ok

Re: Kev's Distance Betting I am a firm believer in level stakes. If you are having a bet, IMO you should be ultra confident and therefore level stakes is the call. If you have doubts in your mind, it's not a case of half stakes, it's a case of no bet. Just my opinion though. Keep going, Kev, although I'd still prefer to see current bet history rather than start from zero.:ok

I am a firm believer in level stakes. If you are having a bet, IMO you should be ultra confident and therefore level stakes is the call. If you have doubts in your mind, it's not a case of half stakes, it's a case of no bet. Just my opinion though. Keep going, Kev, although I'd still prefer to see current bet history rather than start from zero.:ok
I agree Russ. I don't work on a pt system, I really only have two different stakes and I'd say 80% of my bets are at the same stake. I only alter under certain circumstances, ie today when my ew bet went from 8 runners to 6 or if something drifts alarmingly - You get the picture.