2007 world snooker championship.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 2007 world snooker championship.

3pts ew S.Murphy to win World Championships 10/1 Stan James (1/2 1,2) Shaun Murphy showed the world his qualities 2 years ago where he beat all before him
and he comes here a better player this year. This season he won his 2nd ranking event title when he took the Malta Cup in fine style. He hasn't got a tricky draw either and I think he's the man to beat. He looks a quarter finalist all ends up with his only challengers up to that stage being Judd Trump and the winner of the David vs Parrott match. A potential quarter final against maybe Doherty or Stevens doesn't look all that daunting and as I always say in these things once you are in a semi final it's anyones. Murphy will be a multi world champion I've no doubt about that and I can see him notching up number 2 on Bank Holiday Monday.
16-14 up to lose 17-16 :sad . Credit to Selby though, from 14-16 he was superb and the break in the decider was pure quality. :notworthy :notworthy

Re: 2007 world snooker championship. Selby has done very well to reach the final, but besides beating Ebdon he's had a fairly kind draw. Higgins has beaten 2 top players on form in O'Sullivan and Maguire and is showing signs of his best form, he should win here against his less experiened opponent. The handicap allows an 18-15 victory which should be well within the Scot's grasp. John Higgins -2.5 frames @ 8/11 (Paddy Power)

Re: 2007 world snooker championship. Higgins wins the second session 7-1 as he did against O'Sullivan to take a commanding 12-4 lead overnight. Hopefully he should finish the job off tomorrow.

Selby has done very well to reach the final, but besides beating Ebdon he's had a fairly kind draw. Higgins has beaten 2 top players on form in O'Sullivan and Maguire and is showing signs of his best form, he should win here against his less experiened opponent. The handicap allows an 18-15 victory which should be well within the Scot's grasp. John Higgins -2.5 frames @ 8/11 (Paddy Power)
That looks a blinding bet atm, Higgins is just sinking everything.

Re: 2007 world snooker championship. Higgins having a stinker so far this afternoon though, deficit cut to just 12-8 and Selby now brimming with confidence gets in first with a chance to make it 12-9. Another great comeback from Selby on the cards it looks like, and this would be the greatest comeback in a world final ever I think.

thats the worse final i have ever seen. Don't you think Selby is a kind of player not suppose to play infront of many cameras? Boreeeeeeeeeeeee
:unsure . No idea what you are on about. It's been an excellent final. 4 centuries, countless other 50 breaks, comebacks, tension etc etc and it has the makings of being a classic tonight.

thats the worse final i have ever seen. Don't you think Selby is a kind of player not suppose to play infront of many cameras? Boreeeeeeeeeeeee
What match are you watching. The whole point of these final's is tension,mistake's and battling and this has had everything so far. I suppose you think a great final would be century breaks in every game and no-one getting the chance to come back from the dead. I'm not a big snooker fan but I can't take my eyes of this.

:lol :lol :lol What are you watching? This has the makings of a classic, and even when Higgins was running away with it the snooker he played was top grade. This match has had everything so far, its been hard to take your eyes off it.

Re: 2007 world snooker championship. Love this quote from the bbc site at the start of the session. "In order for Selby to come back now, it'd take a breakdown from Higgins the like of which has only been seen from the England cricket team." IMB on the 606 messageboard Oh how true:lol :( :cry

Selby has done very well to reach the final, but besides beating Ebdon he's had a fairly kind draw. Higgins has beaten 2 top players on form in O'Sullivan and Maguire and is showing signs of his best form, he should win here against his less experiened opponent. The handicap allows an 18-15 victory which should be well within the Scot's grasp. John Higgins -2.5 frames @ 8/11 (Paddy Power)
Thought this was nailed on for you. I took Selby @ 7-4 with Paddy Power in running yesterday when the score was 2-2 as I thought he was staying with Higgins. Higgins then went on to lead 12-4 and I thought I was screwed and you were home and dry. Will be a very interesting evening session. :ok

Re: 2007 world snooker championship. looking terrible for me now. Great display from Selby to take 6 on the bounce, I'm sure it would have been 8 if they'd have had enough time. With all the momentum going Selby's way, John will have to move back to last night's form to win atall, never mind against the cap :(

looking terrible for me now. Great display from Selby to take 6 on the bounce' date=' I'm sure it would have been 8 if they'd have had enough time. With all the momentum going Selby's way, John will have to move back to last night's form to win atall, never mind against the cap :([/quote'] Selby's played well there's no denying that but with a nothing to lose attitude. At some point tonight the thought of winning the trophy will enter his mind. I'm looking forward to seeing how he will cope then. If he handles it ok he'll be the world champion and given he's played the best snooker in the tournament nobody can deny him it. Can't believe Selby is still 2/1 :unsure

:lol :lol gotta be a wind up... Come on Mark, you can do it!!!!

looking terrible for me now. Great display from Selby to take 6 on the bounce' date=' I'm sure it would have been 8 if they'd have had enough time. With all the momentum going Selby's way, John will have to move back to last night's form to win atall, never mind against the cap :([/quote'] I'm giving up and going to bed, I have to be up about 5.30, and I think its over now. Your bet has probably given you the best value for money ride possible, and looks now like it will come home:clap 17-13 right now, been a very good final. When it came to the crunch Higgins just had the edge. Saying that I wouldn't be too surprised to wake up and hear that Selbny fought back to win. But you look home now:ok

Spot on mate:ok I'm not really a snooker fan, barely watch a game all year. Don't know why I was so engrossed by this one all day. It must have been the rain:loon This final had everything, and some brilliant snooker, which beats last year. It had a bit of everything, but it was never boring.

Re: 2007 world snooker championship. A high class final. Even though it went on a while no one can dispute the quality of the tactical play from both players. A great win from Higgins but for me Selby was the star. To come back like he did was a great achievement and even though he could not quite pull of the greatest of comebacks he will certainly be one to watch for the future years.

Re: 2007 world snooker championship. well you were right Darren, when he took the frame to go 16-13 I began to relax. Top marks to both players though, Selby was still potting some crackers towards the end but getting unlucky on position, and for Higging to keep his composure and position at the end after all that had gone before was outstanding. Good to see some grand old tactical duels I thought, proper Snooker this, up at midnight watchign them play for the yellow for 15mins!

Re: 2007 world snooker championship. Lollll I dun even know that 1 little remark on this final bring in so many reply againts me lolllllllll. Read my statement again, I said "Don't you think Selby is a kind of player not suppose to play infront of many cameras? Boreeeeeeeeeeeee" - Well, look at how long he took to pot a ball?? 2 minutes?? or more??? It is a kind of physcho game to higgins, well thats part of the game. But in front of camera meaing on the live telecast, it was so bored sitting there waiting for that bloody pot. I do enjoy those come back, especially how he control the game and the 6-0 lead in second session. I think if this game gonna be a new rules not to run off probably 25sec, higgins will win this match easily. If someone would to say, thats his style being slow and accurate well, i cant agree at all. Do you see how he pot those ball after a significant lead?? those sides he apply and those placing of cue ball was superbbbbbbbb. So, i think thats part of his tactics to win a sit in the final game. Still this is a fair result as Higgins with his super form to win this tournament. Congrate!!!!!