2007 world snooker championship.

Re: 2007 world snooker championship. Ronnie O'Sullivan looks a tad short at 1.34 to lay on BetFair, so I'm going to have a piece of that, probably with a view to trading out at some point if the match goes as close as I expect. Robertson wasn't that impressive in his first round match, but he's been a massively improved player this season and has beaten Ronnie twice, albeit over much shorter distances. I'm banking on him getting off to a decent start here and frustrating the Rocket to give me the price shift I need to get out (unless I feel he's really got the beating of Ronnie & it's worth letting the bet ride). At this price, I'd lay Ronnie all day long against a player of Robertson's class - too fragile to be a long odds on shot for such game in my opinion. :hope

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 2007 world snooker championship.

SportSnooker/Pool
EventStephen Hendry v Ali Carter
SelectionStephen Hendry
Strength10/10
Date30/04/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 3.75 (Back)
ReasoningHendry is 6-2 down here, but I simply have to back him at 3.75 as that is way overpriced. Carter is a good player and does have a good record over Hendry, but 3.75 when it's best of 25 frames at the Crucible?? That is simply crazy. Hendry didn't really do much wrong as Carter played really well, but there is a long way to go in this match and I still fancy Hendry to win it. I don't think Hendry should be more than 2.50.

Re: 2007 world snooker championship. Think the Carter match is done and dusted tbh. 10pts A.Carter (-2) to beat S.Hendry Evs Stan James Ali Carter played good snooker in the 1st session coupled with a few errors from his illustrious opponent and acquired a 6-2 overnight lead. With this match being 1st to 13 Hendry isn't out of it but it will take a hell of a comeback to beat a player I feel is getting better and better. Carter knocked in runs of 68, 78, 72, 72 and 111 in gaining his lead and looked equally impressive in the 1st round. Hendry is playing with a new cue in this tournament for some reason. Whatever the reason is it ain't working. He looked poor against Dave Gilbert and only really came through when the going got too tough for his inexperienced opponent and has looked no better here. Hendry has the fighting qualities to mount a comeback but needs to win tonight's session. If Carter comes out tonight sharing the session 4-4 he'll have 1 foot in the quarter finals. If he plays like he did yesterday though he'll win tonight's session too which should ensure at least a 13-10 victory.

They were saying earlier on that the cloth's been changed overnight.Do you think this is going to affect the game at all.
It could do. It'll get rid of the amount of kicks there's been but whether it will improve Hendry is open to debate. He's changed his cue. That won't stop him potting balls but when he uses side spin to get position that isn't easy to judge and that's why he's looked so poor so far. Only O'Sullivan could change a cue and play normal near enough straight away :ok

Think the Carter match is done and dusted tbh. 10pts A.Carter (-2) to beat S.Hendry Evs Stan James Ali Carter played good snooker in the 1st session coupled with a few errors from his illustrious opponent and acquired a 6-2 overnight lead. With this match being 1st to 13 Hendry isn't out of it but it will take a hell of a comeback to beat a player I feel is getting better and better. Carter knocked in runs of 68, 78, 72, 72 and 111 in gaining his lead and looked equally impressive in the 1st round. Hendry is playing with a new cue in this tournament for some reason. Whatever the reason is it ain't working. He looked poor against Dave Gilbert and only really came through when the going got too tough for his inexperienced opponent and has looked no better here. Hendry has the fighting qualities to mount a comeback but needs to win tonight's session. If Carter comes out tonight sharing the session 4-4 he'll have 1 foot in the quarter finals. If he plays like he did yesterday though he'll win tonight's session too which should ensure at least a 13-10 victory.
Edit: Could have sworn it was over:$ So i've edited me comment for the time being.Far 2 much :beer and i :zzz and dreamt he'd won:$

Think the Carter match is done and dusted tbh. 10pts A.Carter (-2) to beat S.Hendry Evs Stan James Ali Carter played good snooker in the 1st session coupled with a few errors from his illustrious opponent and acquired a 6-2 overnight lead. With this match being 1st to 13 Hendry isn't out of it but it will take a hell of a comeback to beat a player I feel is getting better and better. Carter knocked in runs of 68, 78, 72, 72 and 111 in gaining his lead and looked equally impressive in the 1st round. Hendry is playing with a new cue in this tournament for some reason. Whatever the reason is it ain't working. He looked poor against Dave Gilbert and only really came through when the going got too tough for his inexperienced opponent and has looked no better here. Hendry has the fighting qualities to mount a comeback but needs to win tonight's session. If Carter comes out tonight sharing the session 4-4 he'll have 1 foot in the quarter finals. If he plays like he did yesterday though he'll win tonight's session too which should ensure at least a 13-10 victory.
Well after jumping the gun earlier and it looked like i could curse the bet.:$ Nice one Kev:ok Thanks to your reply on the cloth I had a do on this:ok Knew yould be back on track with games with the "white ball";) :lol

So you wouldn't reccomend me covering my stake then?
I think I would at this stage, Robertson is playing some great snooker, althought messing up some positional shots. Ronnie just doesn't seem too bothered, hit the blue again off his break. Looks like it's going to be 9-8 Robertson unless Ronnie can dig deep.

I am going for a couple of shocks in round two. Firstly I was very impressed with Carter in the first round whereas Hendry really stuggled with his new cue and despite winning I feel looks vulnerable. Carter beat Hendry in the Welsh Open this year and also gave him a great game in the UK a few years back and I feel he is a bit too big at best price 6/4. I also feel Selby is a touch of value against Ebdon. Ebdon is a very tough guy to beat and it will be a big test of Selby's credentials to do so. However Selby can beat the big names as he proved against Higgins last year and he came back very well against Lee in round 1 from 5-0 down. I definitely feel he will give Ebdon a good game so he might be a good bet on the handicap and I would not be surprised to see him progress into the quarter finals.
:nana

Re: 2007 world snooker championship. 10pts S.Murphy vs M.Stevens - Over 22 Frames 11/10 Ladbrokes All 4 quarter finals look like they could be close affairs but I feel this one will be the closest. Both players like to attack and although both can play good safety they'll both go with the attacking approach. It's a match I can see going 4-4 and 8-8 and possibly even 13-12 although obviously we only need 13-10 either way. Both players look in good nick and I think the overs here looks very safe.

Re: 2007 world snooker championship. good call kevshat, sorry I didn't see it in time! Ronnie came through in the end, it was quite nervy for me as i spurned the chance to put on a saver. Can't believe Robertson missed that pink! he looked invincible up until then...

Re: 2007 world snooker championship. Didn't need that session. Stevens took the 2nd session 7-1 to lead 11-5. Unlikely I guess but the overs still has a chance but I can't see Murphy winning 8-1 to stay in the tournament. 5-2 for the overs has a chance so :hope . Looking at these prices and I'm not having Ronnie a 4/7 shot to beat Higgins. Ok it's dicing with death opposing Ronnie but I'm game. 10pts Lay R.O'Sullivan vs J.Higgins 1.57 Betfair I know Ronnie O'Sullivan is the most gifted player ever but he's up against a guy who always performs to his best against him here. Most gave Higgins no chance in last years Masters final but the two produced an epic but Higgins came out on top in the end. He seems to be in similar form this week too does the Scot. No form coming in here but he soon put that right against O'Brien in the last round. O'Sullivan has knocked in the big breaks this week but he always does that. However we know he's never too far away from going pear shaped upstairs. He's got a real battle here and it's a liberty he's still a 4/7 shot. It's 4-4 after the 1st session and Ronnie will be happier about that but John can may hay on Wednesday and see off his biggest danger for a 2nd world title.

10pts S.Murphy vs M.Stevens - Over 22 Frames 11/10 Ladbrokes All 4 quarter finals look like they could be close affairs but I feel this one will be the closest. Both players like to attack and although both can play good safety they'll both go with the attacking approach. It's a match I can see going 4-4 and 8-8 and possibly even 13-12 although obviously we only need 13-10 either way. Both players look in good nick and I think the overs here looks very safe.
Have to say I didn't give this one much hope overnight but Murphy has bounced back and it's game on now. 12-11 Stevens as I type so the over is in :nana
Looking at these prices and I'm not having Ronnie a 4/7 shot to beat Higgins. Ok it's dicing with death opposing Ronnie but I'm game. 10pts Lay R.O'Sullivan vs J.Higgins 1.57 Betfair I know Ronnie O'Sullivan is the most gifted player ever but he's up against a guy who always performs to his best against him here. Most gave Higgins no chance in last years Masters final but the two produced an epic but Higgins came out on top in the end. He seems to be in similar form this week too does the Scot. No form coming in here but he soon put that right against O'Brien in the last round. O'Sullivan has knocked in the big breaks this week but he always does that. However we know he's never too far away from going pear shaped upstairs. He's got a real battle here and it's a liberty he's still a 4/7 shot. It's 4-4 after the 1st session and Ronnie will be happier about that but John can may hay on Wednesday and see off his biggest danger for a 2nd world title.
Higgins wins the morning session 7-1 to lead 11-5 and will surely see it out tonight :cow