Crouchie's Poker Thread

Crouch Potato

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread

So is that it for you on pkr? Might see you on a diff network when i'm done with pkr because it's cool to play with other PL'ers!
The site is far too slow and annoying to deal with when you're only losing money. Problem is I can't cash out til I deposit via neteller, so I might just go there via boredom, or try my luck again at the 25/50 places. I'll move to FTP soon enough

The site is far too slow and annoying to deal with when you're only losing money. Problem is I can't cash out til I deposit via neteller' date=' so I might just go there via boredom, or try my luck again at the 25/50 places. I'll move to FTP soon enough[/quote'] So you can't withdraw then? :loon Trust me pkr has the be the worst site for runs - it's impossible to play consistently because you're either hitting everything or nothing there isn't an in-between so would say there's still money to be had for you it's just one of those bad runs, but as they say 'Quit whilst you're ahead'. I assume FTP is Full Tilt Poker? :unsure Don't know if i'll venture on to there anytime soon as i imagine it is shark city but i've only ever watched the pro's on there so don't know.

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread Yah, that's Full Tilt. Most of the action is there and that's where the CAP NL games are too, which might be worth a try. Besides, if you're wanting to avoid the Sharks then surely you'd stay with PKR and the fish. FTP has a good bonus going and probably a good place to learn. It's either that or Martin's Place, which has a pretty good rakeback and promo going atm.

Yah' date=' that's Full Tilt. Most of the action is there and that's where the CAP NL games are too, which might be worth a try. Besides, if you're wanting to avoid the Sharks then surely you'd stay with PKR and the fish. FTP has a good bonus going and probably a good place to learn. It's either that or Martin's Place, which has a pretty good rakeback and promo going atm.[/quote'] As i've said a few times it's pretty impossible to play proper poker with fish, but also not sure i'd want to play with sharks - there is an in-between you know ;). Will have a look at it and see what the standard is anyway.

As i've said a few times it's pretty impossible to play proper poker with fish' date=' but also not sure i'd want to play with sharks - there is an in-between you know ;). Will have a look at it and see what the standard is anyway.[/quote'] Yeah, but a lot of the US players were forced to FTP I imagine too, so low limits might be ok. Besides, I hate the boss interface etc. Don't much like the look of Prima either. I'll have a bit more of a look at Martin's Poker. They've got up to 60% rakeback going plus a 140 euro bonus, which whilst not great I can deposit and clear the full amount of. I'll give it more of a look, but one of my favourite players is a team member though :lol

Against better judgement' date=' I'm playing on table Cesvos until the BoB MTT tourney starts![/quote'] Is that on pkr, i'll join you soon. Had one of the most hectic days in a long time! Started playing poker on pkr this morning - won about $10, for a bit of that time i went back to my old haunt, lost $5 and realised that i couldn't play 2 at once with such different styles. Then saw the thread about the MTT tonight so decided to try and get reg for that. Sign up to neteller, give them my mobile and not home number, they get in a tiff and suspend my account :lol only thing i could do was ring them up, god knows where abouts in the world and answer a load of q's and listen to some 80's music on hold. Finally sort it out and get a deposit on BoB, but in the mean time whilst checking my e-mail realise the great Barny Boatman has replied to an e-mail i sent in under a day, confirming his legendary status and invites me to the Hendon Mob league next time it's on where i realise croc and is it GaF? top of the league last time showing they're amazing at poker and they're both in the MTT tonight so i'm slightly aprehensive!. After all this i decide to try and sign up for FTP but it won't accept my card number and i'm not sure about using Neteller again lol, will sort it when i have time. Phew... :dude Forgot to say i can't find the tourney on BoB.... :unsure Plus Barny losing over 20k since i've been watching him in a heads up on FTP :loon

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread Lol, sounds hectic. Sign up to FTP via Hendon Mob, 27% rakeback. Still deciding between them and Martin's poker, but FTP would have a game 24/7. I'll be in the BoB tonight too, I sucked last time and fully expect to suck again. If you vote in the daily thread you can earn BPP points too. I'm sure you know about this though. Some very good players around here though, always feel masively out of my depth!

Lol' date=' sounds hectic. Sign up to FTP via Hendon Mob, 27% rakeback. Still deciding between them and Martin's poker, but FTP would have a game 24/7. I'll be in the BoB tonight too, I sucked last time and fully expect to suck again. If you vote in the daily thread you can earn BPP points too. I'm sure you know about this though. Some very good players around here though, always feel masively out of my depth![/quote'] I'm sure it'll be the same for me! I can't find the tourney on BoB, where is it? Just won a big pot... what do you make of this - Luck or skill? Shuffling Deck Dealing Cards Dealing [Js Jh] to 27Nade 27Nade raises to $0.75 dialacab folds TheNoose folds Specially folds Player [***NO PLAYER***] brings $25 to table [1903836] 2Drunk2Play folds mrlobo folds tohumaniac calls $0.75 kspgabbe folds Mogwa1 folds Dealing Flop [Jd 9d Ks] 27Nade bets $24.95 (all-in) tohumaniac calls $23.90 (all-in) Returning $1.05 to 27Nade uncalled 27Nade shows [Js Jh] tohumaniac shows [Qc Th] Dealing Turn [Kh] Dealing River [8h] Taking Rake of $2.48 from pot 1 27Nade has Full House, Jacks over Kings 27Nade wins $47.17 with: Full House, Jacks over Kings Seat 1: Mogwa1 - $24.26 Seat 2: djturner222 - $25 Seat 3: 27Nade - $48.22 Seat 4: dialacab - $24.75 Seat 5: TheNoose - $31.95 Seat 6: Specially - $23.08 Seat 7: 2Drunk2Play - $29.75 Seat 8: mrlobo - $24.49 Seat 9: tohumaniac - $0 Seat 10: kspgabbe - $54.15 :ok

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread A bit lucky there, but then you did flop a monster. That kind of flop though all the money is going in sooner rather than later. I've got a brilliant read on one of the players at my table. I just hope I get to use it. He just had Aces cracked so doesn't have too much money to take...

A bit lucky there, but then you did flop a monster. That kind of flop though all the money is going in sooner rather than later. I've got a brilliant read on one of the players at my table. I just hope I get to use it. He just had Aces cracked so doesn't have too much money to take...
Yeah as you say i would have been all in on the turn anyway, no way either of us could get away from it really. And plus he shouldn't be playing Q10 o/s ;) I LOVE it when you get a read on someone, i've played so many games with specially and mogwa that i know their traits so much on the table i'm on now, gl with your game though i'm sure you'll prevail!.

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread Tournament is under scheduled as the PL 6 leg thingo. Buy in is 2+0.20. Found this little bit of an article kind of interesting to. Kinda relevant for us I suppose: If you play against weaker players and you’re winning almost all the time, I don’t think that’s going to improve your game at all. You have to challenge yourself against better players sometimes. You can learn from those better players. You play against weaker players to get money, and then you play against better players to learn. When you win, you’re usually just happy and you don’t think about why you won. But when people beat you, you think about the game. And thinking about the game, thinking about the pots, why you lost them, how you could have saved some money—that’s going to benefit your game immensely.

Tournament is under scheduled as the PL 6 leg thingo. Buy in is 2+0.20. Found this little bit of an article kind of interesting to. Kinda relevant for us I suppose: If you play against weaker players and you’re winning almost all the time, I don’t think that’s going to improve your game at all. You have to challenge yourself against better players sometimes. You can learn from those better players. You play against weaker players to get money, and then you play against better players to learn. When you win, you’re usually just happy and you don’t think about why you won. But when people beat you, you think about the game. And thinking about the game, thinking about the pots, why you lost them, how you could have saved some money—that’s going to benefit your game immensely.
Cheers i'll look for it soon. Re. the article, yeah we've said all along it won't improve our play, it's not in question really but i still enjoy playing there and plus i've just made another $15, playing really solid but will have to play some proper poker before the MTT.

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread I'm absolutely gutted at missing the tourn, but sat on your table at about quarter past then remembered about 25pasted 8 the charlton-spurs match was on so went on the BBC site to put it on, i go back to the table and you'd just been eliminated :( The Boatman e-mail was just a general one, nothing exciting and i wasn't expecting a reply :lol

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread What about this for timing. Had gone down to $20 so re-bought back up to $25, the very next hand... Table #1902521 - Isle of Youth Starting Hand #95599854 Last Hand #95598302 Game Type: Hold'em Limit Type: No Limit Table Type: Ring Money Type: REAL MONEY Blinds are now $0.10/$0.25 Button is at seat 7 Seat 1: Finsac - $26.80 Seat 2: Yakitori - $22 Seat 4: lukeboy01 - $10.16 Seat 5: 27Nade - $25 Seat 6: EddieT54 - $15.14 Seat 7: BikeyNL - $7.65 Seat 8: McMuffin - $9.82 Seat 9: al0a6 - $24.75 Seat 10: viiko - $18.60 Moving Button to seat 8 al0a6 posts small blind ($0.10) viiko posts big blind ($0.25) lukeboy01 posts $0.25 Shuffling Deck Dealing Cards Dealing [Js Jc] to 27Nade Finsac calls $0.25 Yakitori folds lukeboy01 checks 27Nade raises to $1 EddieT54 folds BikeyNL calls $1 McMuffin folds al0a6 folds viiko calls $1 Finsac calls $1 lukeboy01 calls $1 Dealing Flop [7s Jd Ah] viiko bets $1 Finsac calls $1 lukeboy01 calls $1 27Nade raises to $4 BikeyNL calls $4 viiko raises to $17.60 (all-in) Finsac folds lukeboy01 folds 27Nade: u aint got aces have u? 27Nade raises to $24 (all-in) BikeyNL calls $6.65 (all-in) viiko: try me Returning $6.40 to 27Nade uncalled 27Nade shows [Js Jc] BikeyNL shows [Ad 4d] viiko shows [Ac Th] Dealing Turn [Jh] Dealing River [6c] Taking Rake of $2.44 from pot 1 27Nade has Four of a kind: Jacks 27Nade wins $21.90 from side pot #1 with: Four of a kind: Jacks viiko: lol 27Nade wins $24.61 with: Four of a kind: Jacks Seat 1: Finsac - $24.80 Seat 2: Yakitori - $22 Seat 4: lukeboy01 - $8.16 Seat 5: 27Nade - $52.91 Seat 6: EddieT54 - $15.14 Seat 7: BikeyNL - $0 Seat 8: McMuffin - $9.82 Seat 9: al0a6 - $24.65 Seat 10: viiko - $0 End Of Hand #95599854 :ok It has to be asked though why he's going all in with such an awful kicker when i had re-raised but that's the standard i guess and i'm not complaining.

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread I think you'd define this as a 'monster' ;).... Game Type: Hold'em Limit Type: No Limit Table Type: Ring Money Type: REAL MONEY Blinds are now $0.10/$0.25 Button is at seat 6 Seat 1: Finsac - $6.64 Seat 2: Yakitori - $26.70 Seat 3: Blazer11 - $48.80 Seat 4: lukeboy01 - $4.16 Seat 5: 27Nade - $52.31 Seat 6: EddieT54 - $16.38 Seat 7: BikeyNL - $12.47 Seat 8: MrGers - $25 Seat 9: al0a6 - $38.73 Seat 10: moetstan - $3.70 MrGers will be dealt in after the button Moving Button to seat 8 al0a6 posts small blind ($0.10) Finsac posts big blind ($0.25) Shuffling Deck Dealing Cards Dealing [Ks Ad] to 27Nade Yakitori calls $0.25 Blazer11 folds lukeboy01 calls $0.25 27Nade calls $0.25 EddieT54 raises to $1 BikeyNL folds al0a6 folds Finsac folds Yakitori calls $1 lukeboy01 calls $1 27Nade calls $1 Dealing Flop [Ac Ah 7c] Yakitori checks lukeboy01 checks 27Nade bets $0.50 EddieT54 raises to $4.50 Yakitori calls $4.50 lukeboy01 calls $3.16 (all-in) 27Nade raises to $12.50 EddieT54 raises to $15.38 (all-in) Yakitori calls $15.38 27Nade calls $15.38 Dealing Turn [9d] Yakitori checks Blazer11: craaaaazy pot 27Nade bets $5 Yakitori calls $5 Dealing River [2s] Yakitori checks 27Nade checks Taking Rake of $3 from pot 1 27Nade shows [Ks Ad] 27Nade has Three of a Kind: Aces Yakitori mucks 27Nade wins $10 from side pot #2 with: Three of a Kind: Aces EddieT54 shows [Th As] EddieT54 has Three of a Kind: Aces 27Nade wins $36.66 from side pot #1 with: Three of a Kind: Aces lukeboy01 mucks 27Nade wins $13.99 with: Three of a Kind: Aces Seat 1: Finsac - $6.39 Seat 2: Yakitori - $5.32 Seat 3: Blazer11 - $48.80 Seat 4: lukeboy01 - $0 Seat 5: 27Nade - $91.58 Seat 6: EddieT54 - $0 Seat 7: BikeyNL - $12.47 Seat 8: MrGers - $25 Seat 9: al0a6 - $38.63 Seat 10: moetstan - $3.70 End Of Hand #95608595 Table #1902521 - Isle of Youth Starting Hand #95610728 Last Hand #95608595 Game Type: Hold'em Limit Type: No Limit Table Type: Ring Money Type: REAL MONEY Blinds are now $0.10/$0.25 Button is at seat 8 Seat 1: Finsac - $6.39 Seat 2: Yakitori - $5.32 Seat 3: Blazer11 - $48.80 Seat 4: lukeboy01 - $0 (away from table) Seat 5: 27Nade - $91.58 Seat 6: EddieT54 - $25 Seat 7: BikeyNL - $12.47 Seat 8: MrGers - $25 Seat 9: al0a6 - $38.63 Moving Button to seat 9 Blazer11: took it down nade The reason i checked on the river is because i thought with all the action in the pot someone must have something big, at least one FH somewhere but i over estimated them as usual :lol Anyway i won a tonne to get the most i've reached at a cash table and am now well in profit :ok

I'm absolutely gutted at missing the tourn, but sat on your table at about quarter past then remembered about 25pasted 8 the charlton-spurs match was on so went on the BBC site to put it on, i go back to the table and you'd just been eliminated :( The Boatman e-mail was just a general one, nothing exciting and i wasn't expecting a reply :lol
Raised with AJ, called by K10. Flop KQx. Checked to me, raised 300, got called. Turn was an A, checked to me, I went all-in and he called. River K. Not too surprisingly though, I seem to be perma sucking at these focus games.

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread It does seem that a lot of them have money to burn! You hit a beautiful hand with the quads but what in hell was he doing calling with the 5's?? Hopefully i can make a mint out of him next ;)

Annoyed at myself for not letting him draw out then, put him on an A, anyway the bet was still OTT. I always learn from my mistakes though :ok BTW what hand did you put me on?
72o. Sorry, I wasn't watching :lol Having already found a couple of donkeys, I was on here reading. The fact you bet on the turn when the board pairs tells me you didn't have a boat, so I'm guess AQ/AK.

72o. Sorry' date=' I wasn't watching :lol Having already found a couple of donkeys, I was on here reading. The fact you bet on the turn when the board pairs tells me you didn't have a boat, so I'm guess AQ/AK.[/quote'] How can you say you weren't watching then have a guess? :tongue2 And did i really just a guy push most of his stack with middle pair 7's then hit is 7,3 os on the river?? :lol

How can you say you weren't watching then have a guess? :tongue2 And did i really just a guy push most of his stack with middle pair 7's then hit is 7' date='3 os on the river?? :lol[/quote'] No. He called an all-in with bottom pair and hit his 7 on the river!

No. He called an all-in with bottom pair and hit his 7 on the river!
Sorry, i don't have the greatest short term mem ;) just looked and that goes down as one of the worst plays i've ever seen. And i did have a boat BTW, but got a rush of blood to the head. Must do better Nade.

Sorry, i don't have the greatest short term mem ;) just looked and that goes down as one of the worst plays i've ever seen. And i did have a boat BTW, but got a rush of blood to the head. Must do better Nade.
Uhhh, what were you defending? :lol Here's a riddle for you: What happens when the Simpsons meets the movie 300? I'm Bartacus! :loon

Uhhh, what were you defending? :lol Here's a riddle for you: What happens when the Simpsons meets the movie 300? I'm Bartacus! :loon
:rollin and then K5 os!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he's going on my friends list :lol You could say i got lucky with the trip 10 on the river but he did call bottom pair 3's when i trippled the bet so it's tough justice, i had him on the flush draw tbh.