Crouchie's Poker Thread

Crouch Potato

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread

Hey again' date=' Will be on the table in a min Mr Raikkonen, any news or things to know about these people etc? Hows your run been since we played last?[/quote'] I was going ok, flopped a flush but another guy got a bigger one. Lost a bit there, then my AQd ran into 36 with an A on the flop. Lost a few chips in that one. Just left the table about $12 up but the amount of time I spent there it's not very exciting. Moved to another table where I am hemoraging badly but I'm spend a lot PF to try and flop something as it seems fisharama.

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread I see. Can't believe that guy just called you, was the most obvious thing you would only go all in with the nuts, :lol but it is pkr, nicely worked, he fell for it hook line and sinker :ok

I see. Can't believe that guy just called you' date=' was the most obvious thing you would only go all in with the nuts, :lol but it is pkr, nicely worked, he fell for it hook line and sinker :ok[/quote'] I called him 10 times out of 12 hands. I rebought to $25 EVERY time i folded a hand and I spent $10 calling him. I KNEW he would call me if I got something, so that's why I kept going. He called an all-in with J6 on a board of 6K3! So yes, I've got my fish!

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread Gutted about that J3 call you got pre-flop :loon Couldn't have done anything about that. Think i'm getting used to this whole sit tight wait for a hand, make some money malarky ;) i've made some v nice lay-downs which if called would have cost me.

Gutted about that J3 call you got pre-flop :loon Couldn't have done anything about that. Think i'm getting used to this whole sit tight wait for a hand' date=' make some money malarky ;) i've made some v nice lay-downs which if called would have cost me.[/quote'] Another day I would be on $100 by now. I just haven't got the action from my big hands that others have, though I'm sure that's only because they didn't get their top pair - they aren't smart enough for table image considerations. I guess it's a good sign that I have increased my stack by 2/3rds and am still bitterly disappointed.

Another day I would be on $100 by now. I just haven't got the action from my big hands that others have' date=' though I'm sure that's only because they didn't get their top pair - they aren't smart enough for table image considerations. I guess it's a good sign that I have increased my stack by 2/3rds and am still bitterly disappointed.[/quote'] Yeah, it's the run of luck i guess, sometimes you get $40 pots with only ace high winning and other times you can have a FH with noone to play with. As usual though you're picking up pots consistently ;) It's really tempting sometimes to give them a hint over where they went wrong in a hand (not that im the messiah btw lol) but i hate giving my opps any sort of encouragment ;)

lol' date=' well that didn't go according to plan.[/quote'] I didn't see how the hand panned out tbh was watching TV, must have been the kiss of death me saying you're winning a lot of hands :(

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread That bullet hand again showed that i have troubles putting people all-in , not because fear of losing, because i was certain i was ahead, but fear of not getting paid. Do you think it's worth going for the all-ins when you're ahead in a hand?

That bullet hand again showed that i have troubles putting people all-in ' date=' not because fear of losing, because i was certain i was ahead, but fear of not getting paid. Do you think it's worth going for the all-ins when you're ahead in a hand?[/quote'] Getting paid off certainly isn't my area, so I wont answer. Something I am definitely look at though. Again today I've hit $50 and then dipped badly below. I really need to discipline myself somehow, either leaving when I double or just sticking to my plan.

Getting paid off certainly isn't my area' date=' so I wont answer. Something I am definitely look at though. Again today I've hit $50 and then dipped badly below. I really need to discipline myself somehow, either leaving when I double or just sticking to my plan.[/quote'] I think it's essential to stick to your plan no matter what stack you have. What i tended to do was play more hands after getting a big stack because of the thought if you play more you get more,but in recent months i realise that you get yourself into too much trouble playing dodgy hands and so start to lose. Stick to being tight is what i reckon.

I think it's essential to stick to your plan no matter what stack you have. What i tended to do was play more hands after getting a big stack because of the thought if you play more you get more' date='but in recent months i realise that you get yourself into too much trouble playing dodgy hands and so start to lose. Stick to being tight is what i reckon.[/quote'] WHen I first sat down to this table I played differently due to the fishes. Poker is a situational game so I think I might just have to learn how to better play the right type of game given the situation. I've got a bit unlucky though and could easily have $75+ by now :eyes I shouldn't complain too much though, I just won a big pot on another table :ok

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread Due to the annoying Hand History format of PKR and the fact I have so much of it I wont look yet but I'll post up some hands when I had monsters and either did or didn't get paid off. It's not an area I'm really much good at IMO but if we discuss this kinda thing together I think we can both benefit. I will explain that hand where you had AA in a minute too.

WHen I first sat down to this table I played differently due to the fishes. Poker is a situational game so I think I might just have to learn how to better play the right type of game given the situation. I've got a bit unlucky though and could easily have $75+ by now :eyes I shouldn't complain too much though' date=' I just won a big pot on another table :ok[/quote'] I tried to play with the table i.e. loose aggressive and kept losing, tight is the way forward, for me anyway. Last 2 hands turned my mood royally for the worse.

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread Table #1840757 - Hardwick Hall Starting Hand #92408732 Last Hand #92408187 Game Type: Hold'em Limit Type: No Limit Table Type: Ring Money Type: REAL MONEY Blinds are now $0.10/$0.25 Button is at seat 1 Seat 1: Specially - $27.89 Seat 2: GOTOIntlicity - $42.93 Seat 3: KimiRaikkonen - $38.54 Seat 4: DoctorP - $0.59 Seat 5: Magix - $25 Seat 6: blondie222 - $7.97 Seat 7: 27Nade - $40.19 Seat 8: jonbj - $5.45 Seat 9: Mogwa1 - $22 Seat 10: Draztic77 - $25.26 Moving Button to seat 2 KimiRaikkonen posts small blind ($0.10) DoctorP posts big blind ($0.25) Shuffling Deck Dealing Cards Dealing [9h 8s] to KimiRaikkonen Magix folds blondie222 calls $0.25 27Nade raises to $0.75 jonbj folds Mogwa1 calls $0.75 Draztic77 folds Specially folds GOTOIntlicity folds KimiRaikkonen calls $0.75 DoctorP calls $0.59 (all-in) blondie222 calls $0.75 Dealing Flop [9d Tc 8d] KimiRaikkonen checks blondie222 checks 27Nade bets $1 Mogwa1 folds KimiRaikkonen raises to $4 blondie222 raises to $7.22 (all-in) 27Nade calls $7.22 KimiRaikkonen raises to $37.79 (all-in) 27Nade folds Returning $30.57 to KimiRaikkonen uncalled KimiRaikkonen shows [9h 8s] DoctorP shows [Th Jc] blondie222 shows [6d 7d] Dealing Turn [Jd] Dealing River [9c] Taking Rake of $1.26 from pot 2 KimiRaikkonen has Full House, 9s over 8s KimiRaikkonen wins $21.04 from side pot #1 with: Full House, 9s over 8s KimiRaikkonen wins $2.95 with: Full House, 9s over 8s I got very lucky here (getting my out on the river), but I will explain what happened. I kind of used some information against you here but it's information I observed on the tables rather from these chats. You raised 75c, I've seen you raise PF about 3 times, and each time you have you've had AA. I put you on AA/KK/AK/QQ here, with a big bias towards AA/KK. I believed if I hit my flop I could get paid off from you and obviously the other players in the pot (I.e. I felt I had very big implied odds). I don't believe this is a read I got from our discussions here, but more from the game itself where you rarely raised PF and that time you had AA against the QJ and the subsequent discussion. Anyway, I hope it doesn't stop us from discussing play on PKR so that we can both improve our play.

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread Yep you're spot on, i raised that amount on purpose to scare any people paying attention off who saw i raise to 75c with the best hands, so you read it right and i wanted you to read it as a big hand so you wouldn't play with shite ;), but you took the gamble and hit a great flop. I'll deffinitely carry on chatting about the plays because i want to get better and you're a good player so it's good to learn off eachother. I'm just pissed you hit both of those cards :spank But that's poker and i'll have my day i have no doubts ;)

Yep you're spot on, i raised that amount on purpose to scare any people paying attention off who saw i raise to 75c with the best hands, so you read it right and i wanted you to read it as a big hand so you wouldn't play with shite ;), but you took the gamble and hit a great flop. I'll deffinitely carry on chatting about the plays because i want to get better and you're a good player so it's good to learn off eachother. I'm just pissed you hit both of those cards :spank But that's poker and i'll have my day i have no doubts ;)
I guess the key thing here is, I know you had a big hand, and because I did I played. AA is hard to lay down and will be an overpair and I know that however remote my chances are of hitting the flop, that because you have AA if I do hit my flop I will get some chips out of you. I'd advise raising more in future. The big thing here is I have big implied odds - I call 65c, you have a stack of about $40, which is about 60x what it costs me to call - not to mention the implied odds I get from the other players in the pot. If you made it say $2.25, obviously the cost to play and thus the proportionate amount between money called and what I can win differs (I think this is still called implied odds, but my poker knowledge isn't that great - perhaps GaF or someone can explain my concept better). Flattered by the compliment of being a good player too, but I'm not that good and am still quite new to poker and particularly cash games. I do feel though that there's a difference between poker and PKR poker and that I've learnt to play the latter a bit better.

I guess the key thing here is' date=' I know you had a big hand, and because I did I played. AA is hard to lay down and will be an overpair and I know that however remote my chances are of hitting the flop, that because you have AA if I do hit my flop I [u']will get some chips out of you. I'd advise raising more in future. The big thing here is I have big implied odds - I call 65c, you have a stack of about $40, which is about 60x what it costs me to call - not to mention the implied odds I get from the other players in the pot. If you made it say $2.25, obviously the cost to play and thus the proportionate amount between money called and what I can win differs (I think this is still called implied odds, but my poker knowledge isn't that great - perhaps GaF or someone can explain my concept better). Flattered by the compliment of being a good player too, but I'm not that good and am still quite new to poker and particularly cash games. I do feel though that there's a difference between poker and PKR poker and that I've learnt to play the latter a bit better.
I understand your reasoning and i'll take the advice on board and may look to try it myself on others:ok. There;s no doubt that PKR poker and 'poker' are totally different, and it took me a day or so to get used to it but i have now and i'm performing consistently with the altered tactics.

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread Argh, this is so annoying. You can't sit down at the table with the standard buy-in if you've just left. The table you're on atm I won a couple of pots on and because of that I can't sit in with anything less than what I left with the last time I played. I'll just look for the hand histories there and post them.

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread Just had a nightmare run of luck, had top pair flush draw on the flop, ended up losing to a straight, then split a pot after hittin an ace high straight on the flop, the board ended up being AKQJ10, they had 2 pair and i bet a lot, then lost with pocket Q's and now top pair on the flop loses out to a FH, but i folded on the turn. Coupled with the bullet hand and the cards are severly turning against me.

Just had a nightmare run of luck' date=' had top pair flush draw on the flop, ended up losing to a straight, then split a pot after hittin an ace high straight on the flop, the board ended up being AKQJ10, they had 2 pair and i bet a lot, then lost with pocket Q's and now top pair on the flop loses out to a FH, but i folded on the turn. Coupled with the bullet hand and the cards are severly turning against me.[/quote'] :sad:sad Sorry to hear that mate. Hopefully it turns around for you soon :hope