Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International Australia 1 Adam Gilchrist (wk), 2 Matthew Hayden, 3 Ricky Ponting (capt) (or Brad Hodge), 4 Michael Clarke, 5 Andrew Symonds, 6 Michael Hussey, 7 Cameron White, 8 Nathan Bracken, 9 Stuart Clark, 10 Glenn McGrath, 11 Shaun Tait. Jimmy Anderson wont play for England tomorrow and will miss the rest of the tour. TAB is still offering $5.50 for McGrath most wickets excluding finals. With Johnson not playing tomorrow and Anderson also out, I think this represents good value and have staked 10pts accordingly.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International Couple of early bets for tomorrow: 2pts Australian 1st Team Score - Extra @ 4.75 Centrebet England can't seem to help themselves. All they do is bowl wides and no balls. A leg side leg bye in play here too. 1pt Shaun Tait MOTM @ 26 Bet365 Tait is a really eratic bowler. More likely to have figures of 0/60 or 5/20 than he is of a solid 2/40. He is very fast and swings the ball quite a bit. At 26 it's well worth it, particularly given the possibility of England batting first, which would ensure Australia chase not much and rule out all their batsman for MOTM. 0.5pts Liam Plunkett Hi Bat @ 67 TAB England suck. All they ever do is get out for 10 runs and ruin my entire set of bets. Plunkett showed some ability last game and hopefully he'll be in nice and early to make the 11runs needed to be the top English bat. I've had a look at the player performance markets and the prices are all over the price. Nothing there I'll be taking. Hopefully England win the toss, as I have a lot of bets planned, but they are focused entirely on England batting first.

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International Was struggling for bets initially but made a stand on how I think the game will go and came up with 6! 10pts Australia -4.5wickets/59.5runs 3/4 Sporting Odds These 2 sides have met 9 times now and Australia have won all 9 times. Last time out they bowled England out for a measly 110 before knocking the runs off with 25 overs to spare. Australia took the opportunity to name their side 24hrs before the game however since doing that captain Ricky Ponting has gone lame with a hip injury so he is likely to be replaced by Brad Hodge. Shaun Tait is in the side for a look before the World Cup squad is announced and Stuart Clark exits the revolving bowlers door to play too. Brett Lee and Mitchell Johnson miss out. England once again miss their captain and James Anderson has bizarrely gone home despite admitting there's nothing wrong with him! Apparently he's resting which for some reason he can't do in Australia so he's flown home. Jon Lewis is back though and given Lord Lucan AKA Liam Plunkett took 3 wickets on Friday Lewis will return for Tremlett. Joyce is poised to continue opening. Australia often trounce opponents here at the SCG. However they struggled to see off New Zealand earlier in the series. That said, England aren't NZ so if the weather holds off I expect a drubbing here. If the weather hits this bet is refunded so it's worth the risk. 10pts J.Lewis' Performance Pts Under 40 Evs Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Jon Lewis is not long back from an ankle injury so whether he'll be fully fit is open to debate. He also only took 2 wickets against the Aussies in this series, that was on a tricky pitch which saw 16 wickets fall in a low scoring game. I don't expect this match to be like that. He needs 2 wickets to cover 40pts and with him maybe being tentative not wanting to jeopardise his World Cup aspirations I'm not convinced he'll get them. He hasn't hit many with the bat this series so as long as he doesn't get 2 wickets we should be fine. 10pts N.Bracken's Performance Pts 40&Over 8/11 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Nathan Bracken is having a terrific series and if there's cloudy conditions about he should be dangerous again today. He's dangerous even if there isn't too which helps. England have struggled to get this guy away in the series so far which allows pressure to build and someone has to do something daft which plays into Bracken's hands. 2 wickets sees us safe and I think he'll take them. He's got 4 for here before so has done it before and I think he'll get 2 or more again. 10pts Over 14.5 Wides 5/6 Boylesports England are as ill-disciplined a team with the ball as you are likely to find. In the last game with New Zealand we gave away a shocking 22 wides. With the Aussies likely to put us under even more pressure a similar amount could be conceded this evening too. Usually 15 wides is the norm in ODI's so I think this is pretty safe, particularly if England bowl 50 overs. 10pts L.Plunkett England Bowler to concede most runs 7/4 Ladbrokes Liam Plunkett has an economy rate of just over 6 an over in ODI cricket. Against NZ his 9 overs went for a run a ball and in the game before that against Australia despite the Aussies only chasing 111 his 5.3 overs went for 39. The danger to this bet is that he doesn't bowl 10 overs but he should bowl at least 7 or 8 which could quite easily be enough to make him the most expensive, particularly if he bowls some of those overs at the death of the innings. 10pts England to score 151-200 runs 5/2 William Hill In the 3 matches with Australia so far England have made 242, 155 and 110. The 242 was never enough on a belting pitch and the 110 was a shambles. Making over 250 in the last game may have restored some of the confidence in the batsmen but Australia really put you under pressure with their fielding so I think Engand's total will fall between the 151 and 200 mark.

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International Markets closed before I had hoped, so there goes my big plan! 1pt Shaun Tait Most Runs Conceded @ 8 Sportingbet Without a doubt the most eratic bowler of the Australians today and could possibly go for a lot of runs and wides, or not many. Either way England batting first so there's always better value in picking the bowling first team to have a player go for most runs.

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International The wides and Bracken bets are in already. Ed Joyce batted brilliantly to get England to 292 so the 151-200 was well off. Doesn't look good for the handicap but Australia have nailed 300 twice here last year so you never know. Could be a 2 horse race for the most expensive bowler. Lewis isn't playing so refunded there. Looking ok at HT.

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International Australia 2/6 already with Gilchrist out and Hodge out. The latter does not surprise me one bit as I don't really rate Hodge. Plunkett took Gillie first ball and followed up a bit later with a wide to open Australia's scoring so at least there's going to be some profit in this one. Tait is out of contention for MOTM but with the poor start Australia have made he could still take out the most runs conceded title. Plunkett was never in contention for hi bat so there's not much left in the game for me to follow. Pigeon took 2 wickets which was nice. Could have used a 3rd but hopefully he'll play on Sunday and can avoid a Vettori effort.

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International Decent game for me but all eyes will be on McGrath and Vettori this Sunday as I look to get a big bet into pole position. For the series it was also a good result and certainly opens up the series more. The final game between the Kiwis and England should be a good one.

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International What price did England start out to win this match? I saw something in Mcgoverns piece in the mirror that Englnd were 1/50 to not do something, think it may have been reach the final.

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International Symonds, Bracken and McGrath all out tomorrow. ****ing typical really, seeing as I took McGrath for most series wickets the other day. A sign if I ever saw one that cricket isn't for me. Good luck anyone having a bet for the rest of the series.

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International Key game this one. I don't say this too often but come on Australia! 10pts N.Zealand +3.5wickets/35.5runs 5/6 Sporting Odds Game 11 of the series and it's Australia's last round robin match. So far they've beaten NZ on the 3 occasions they've met although the Kiwi's have got closer and closer each time. Australia finally lost a match in this series on Friday, to England of all sides. It will be interesting to see the response. Captain Ricky Ponting has declared himself fit for the game, his sick bed probably wouldn't have been the most comfortable of places while England were thrashing Australia on Friday so he's in for Andrew Symonds who is facing surgery on his bicep. Out of the bowling revolving door goes Nathan Bracken and Glenn McGrath and through comes Brett Lee and Mitchell Johnson. NZ expect to have Scott Styris back in their side. He's likely to replace Craig McMillan. Shane Bond will be saved for the England game so Kyle Mills is likely to take his place. Jacob Oram has been in scintillating form in this series and if he continues this form NZ are runners for the trophy. Early doors NZ struggled with their batting but 1 by 1 their key men have come back and they look a good side all of a sudden. In the other game at the MCG in this series it was a good pitch which England made 242 which was polished off with ease by Australia so we should see some runs here. Australia's batting lineup have suddenly gone off the boil so I think NZ will keep to the handicap and I wouldn't be surprised if they win outright. 10pts NZ Most 6's 7/4 Blue Square NZ have beaten Australia at 6 hitting on the last 2 occasions they've played in this series. Symonds, a big hitter for Australia has been forced out for this match, Styris, a big hitter for NZ is back yet NZ are still 7/4! Happy days! It seems a policy of Australia to keep the ball on the deck until the slog at the end of the innings. Even when they were flying last week against New Zealand, Ponting and Hayden never went the aerial route. Luckily New Zealand don't bother with such baffling tactics and we can be rewarded again here. 10pts J.Franklin's Performance Pts 31&Over 5/6 Boylesports Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Jimmy Franklin is having a decent tournament with bat and ball and I see no reason why that won't continue here. 2 wickets sees us home and hosed and I expect him to bowl at the start and the end of the innings so he's every chance of picking them up. He has also batted in most matches this series and his quick scoring can cover this total too. Has enough strings to his bow to cover a very low 31. 10pts B.McCullum's Performance Pts 32&Over 5/6 Boylesports Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Brendan McCullum had a slow start to the series as an opener but now he's back at 7 the results are coming back for him. He tonked a nice 46 in the last game with Australia to follow up a solid 30 against England. He had another solid game last time out with a run a ball 19 and a stumping and he's in good enough form to cover this. 10pts R.Ponting's Performance Pts 38&Over 8/11 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Ricky Ponting is having a superb series so far. From his 5 innings so far he's passed 50 on 3 occasions and averages 86.33. Seeing his side lose to England without him won't have gone down well and he'll be keen to show his side how it's done. I expect him to score more runs on what should be a good Melbourne surface. If he doesn't cover it with runs, he's often good for a catch but 38 runs isn't beyond him.

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International Should be a cracking game tonight. I've put my bets up on the sister website. However, I feel there may well be some value of an initial back of England as they are abit long with a view to trade. Top NZ Bat - Vincent @ 5's NZ highest opening partnership @ 1.85 both keepers to beat their respective lines in the player performance market on bet365 GL M

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International Its comes down to this. The winner gains a place in the finals of the CB series. Both teams have started to fire at the business end of the series. England welcomes back Vaughan into the lineup which will strengthen Englands batting. But with Shane Bond starting,and Vincent with three straight 50's setting up the destructive middle order, NZ will start as favorites and look for them to push on to the finals. Also look for Fleming to find some form being the class player that he is. Great game but NZ just to strong.

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International It is interesting to note that Flintoff has performed far better when Vaughn has been in the side. In each occasion he has made 35+ with the bat. I might consider taking him to beat his performance line of 49+. We all know he can take wickets, but every so often his bowling his way below standard. Hopefully he'll pick up at least one wicket this time. Edit: I just had a look at the odds for flintoff meeting his performance - 1.61 @bet365 which I consider to be way too short. With odds of 2.20 to fail to meet it I'm starting to lean that way haha :D No bet for me now. Too short odds.

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International

It is interesting to note that Flintoff has performed far better when Vaughn has been in the side. In each occasion he has made 35+ with the bat. I might consider taking him to beat his performance line of 49+. We all know he can take wickets' date=' but every so often his bowling his way below standard. Hopefully he'll pick up at least one wicket this time.[/quote'] I completely agree mate. I was very tempted to take his performance but a spread of 49 needs contributions with bat and ball so if he gets out early that's toast so I've gone with 2 other performances. The price is also awful now too. So 12 games of round robin fixtures and it all comes down to NZ vs England for a place in the final against Australia. I don't like Vaughan coming back for Loye, that's a negative move to me but his captaincy certainly helps England out. 5 for me. 10pts England to beat NZ 6/4 Boylesports Brisbane hosts this winner takes all contest. England have already played a game at Brisbane earlier in the series where they went down by 4 wickets despite making only 155. New Zealand lead the H2H between these two 2-1 in the series. Interestingly England's win came with Vaughan at the helm and Vaughan returns tonight. England welcome back their captain at the likely expense of Mal Loye who didn't really take his opportunity as he'd have liked. Hopefully he's stays in the plans because in the West Indies he will be needed. Jon Lewis is also due to come back into the side and that has to be for Tremlett such is the form of Liam Plunkett. Collingwood is also due to return after his mystery illness of Friday where Bopara replaced him yet Collingwood was fine to field! Confidence should finally be ok in the England camp after thrashing Australia in Sydney on Friday. New Zealand had planned to rest Shane Bond for this match but it appears Kyle Mills has gone a bit lame again so the express pace man looks likely to play in an unchanged NZ lineup. Stephen Fleming will be looking to try and make some runs at the top of the order as the World Cup draws ever nearer. The form of Lou Vincent should help him with that task. I don't think there's a huge amount between these 2 sides to be honest. An on song England can compete with anyone and as this could possibly be our last game before hitting the Caribbean so you could argue it's a more important game for us than NZ as NZ host Australia for 3 matches next week. Barring KP and Anderson, England are at full strength here and in a 50/50 contest they are seriously good value at 6/4 so they are the pick. 10pts J.Franklin's Performance Pts 38&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Franklin continued his good series with 2 wickets and an unbeaten 13 on Sunday against the Aussies. He's now got 9 wickets and 80 runs in the series so he's one of the leading performers. When England played Australia here, Jon Lewis took 4-36 with tight swing bowling and Franklin's very much a similar bowler. He's also useful down the order with the bat and often gets promoted to come in and give it a tonk in the chase for extra runs. 2 wickets will do us though and I fancy him to get them. 10pts L.Plunkett's Performance Pts 40&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Liam Plunkett is bowling very well in this series. He's picked up 6 wickets in his last 2 matches and also grabbed himself a few runs as well. He took 3/55 against NZ 2 matches ago and he was superb in bagging himself 3/24 against Australia on Friday night. He's also handy with the bat down the order and has already grabbed 25* and 10* in the series. 2 wickets will do the job here which if the last game played here is anything to go by is well within his reach and with a few runs a possibility too I think he's a good bet to cover this. 10pts L.Vincent to beat S.Fleming 1.90 Expekt In simple terms, Lou Vincent is in great form and Stephen Fleming is in awful form. Vincent has scored 232 runs in 3 innings at an average of 77.33 which includes top scoring twice while Fleming has a shocking return of 125 runs from 7 innings for the series at an average of 17.85 with a highest scoe of just 29. Fleming is a class act, I don't doubt that but in current form there is no way Lou Vincent should be this price to beat him. 10pts Under 5 6's 11/8 Sporting Odds History suggests this isn't a very high scoring ground. Anything over 250 is likely to win you the match so that shows that 6's aren't regular occurances. Historically in d/n matches here in recent years there has only be over 5 6's once and 4 of those were hit by Adam Gilchrist so history is on our side as is an England side who don't hit a great amount of 6's generally so I'm happy to take the under here.

Its comes down to this. The winner gains a place in the finals of the CB series. Both teams have started to fire at the business end of the series. England welcomes back Vaughan into the lineup which will strengthen Englands batting. But with Shane Bond starting,and Vincent with three straight 50's setting up the destructive middle order, NZ will start as favorites and look for them to push on to the finals. Also look for Fleming to find some form being the class player that he is. Great game but NZ just to strong.
:welcome to PL tamjapan :ok

Should be a cracking game tonight. I've put my bets up on the sister website. However, I feel there may well be some value of an initial back of England as they are abit long with a view to trade. Top NZ Bat - Vincent @ 5's NZ highest opening partnership @ 1.85 both keepers to beat their respective lines in the player performance market on bet365 GL M
NICE 1/1 England....:nana :nana :nana I put quite a heafty stake on NZ highest opening partnership @ 1.85.... looking good 2 say the least....:nana :nana :nana