Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International Might be worth considering calling up Ian Harvey and Stuart Law at this rate, if not get them in as coaches .Because it's just shocking at the moment. Bopara must get a run in the next game and i'd be looking at getting Shah back because in the last 2 seasons in one day cricket back home he's been the most consistent scorer around. It bothers me that the England team are only playing the majority of the one day game in International form and not back on the county scene where the Australians are topping nearly every county list in the one day batting averages. Make them available and schedule one day games around the players,otherwise how are they gonna get any better by getting tanked nearly every game.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International You're not wrong Sharpey. The lack of cricket England's cricketers play is scandalous. Hopefully this debacle will put that right. Game 8 of the series is tomorrow at 4.30am. NZ vs Australia. 10pts NZ +4.5wickets/50.5runs Evs Sporting Odds Game 8 sees the 3rd meeting between New Zealand and Australia. The 1st two matches saw Australia wins by 105 runs and 2 wickets. Since the last meeting Nathan Astle has announced his retirement from international cricket. Australia warmed up for this game with a total domination against England on Friday. Australia rested McGrath and Bracken for that game but given they are in the final I expect more rotation with their bowlers. Their batting lineup hasn't been in the best nick in the last couple of games, a lot of that will be due to flying and travelling. They've done even more travelling in between this game and the England game. New Zealand have called Lou Vincent into the squad to replace Nathan Astle. He'll go straight in to open the batting. Shane Bond is expected to be rested for the game and it's just too soon for Kyle Mills too as New Zealand want them both fit for the crucial match with England on Tuesday. This match is due to be played in extreme heat. With that in mind I'd expect early wickets but both sides have enough strength in their batting to cope. I can't see either side being blown away on what is generally a good batting strip at Perth and so I'll take NZ to stay within the handicap. 10pts B.Lee's Performance Pts 40&Over 5/6 Boylesports Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Brett Lee is a wicket taking machine in ODI's. So much so that I'm surprised Boyles have this as their line. 2 wickets sees us safe here and I'm very confident the Aussie quick will snap them up, particularly as he'll take the new ball and NZ's openers have doubts over their form. He's usually good for catches and runs too if the 2 wickets don't arrive but I think they will so this over is an easy decision. 10pts J.Oram's Performance Pts 40&Over 5/6 Boylesports Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Jacob Oram returned to the international scene with a bang against England last week. Like Brett Lee, 2 wickets will see us home here. He's a tricky bowler to face. He's so tall and he gets lots of bounce, he's not short of pace either. He is also a decent batsman capable of playing pinch hitting innings or slow methidical innings. He's got enough in his game to cover this. 10pts N.Bracken's Performance Pts 40&Over 8/11 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Nathan Bracken is another very good bowler in this form of the game. He exploits the swinging conditions to the full and picks up lots of wickets. 2 more here sees us safe in this bet. Like his teammate Brett Lee though, he's no mug with the bat and he can cover this. New Zealand have lost lots of early wickets in matches so if that trend continues then Bracken will have every chance to pick up the wickets we require. 10pts NZ Most 6's 8/5 Bet365 The last time these 2 met, in Sydney, New Zealand outsixed Australia to the tune of 4-1. This Aussie top order hasn't fired recently and that is where the 6 hitters lie in the line up. New Zealand have players who can hit 6's all the way down their line up. If they are to challenge here they may well need to clear the ropes a few times and they are my pick for most 6's.

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International Bad luck New Zealand. Commendable effort... really could have won that. The rain affected their momentum badly. I really think they were hard done by a bit there. Well done Kev, your bets went well. Handicap, oram, most 6's. Unfortunately Bracken failed to shine.

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International

Bad luck New Zealand. Commendable effort... really could have won that. The rain affected their momentum badly. I really think they were hard done by a bit there. Well done Kev' date=' your bets went well. Handicap, oram, most 6's. Unfortunately Bracken failed to shine.[/quote'] Cheers mate, I agree with you. I thought NZ had every chance when the rain came. Terrific knock from Oram sealed 3 bets for me and a 14.3pt profit for the game.

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International South Australian quickie Shaun Tait has been called up to the squad. I expect that in preparations for the World Cup he'll play, though whose spot his take I'm not sure. Maybe Lee or most likely Johnson. In further news Jimmy Anderson and Jon Lewis have both been ruled out of the game tomorrow. Michael Vaughan in some doubt as well.

SportCricket
EventNZ v England
SelectionEngland (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date30/01/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.98 (Lay)
ReasoningEngland probably will play without the to skipper Michael Vaughan to after aggravating his hamstring injury. Seam bowlers James Anderson and Jon Lewis will not play them to neither has recovered from niggles which forced still them out of last Friday's match and Vaughanie is doubtful. The New Zealand win leave England needing you win to their last two games - one of those being against unbeaten Australia - you make the finals. New Zealand ploughs set you recall fast bowlers Shane Bond and James Franklin. The to pair missed Sunday's high-scoring clash with Australia conserves you to their energy will be today. New Zealand's brave run-chase on Sunday has them brimming with confidence ahead of the match with England.

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International I've been playing the cricket markets over the last few weeks based on the great information provided by kev, Crouchy and others. It's about time I started posting up my own picks so here goes: 5pts B McCullum > 32pts @ 5/6 Bet365 I really rate McCullum as a player in limited overs cricket. Had the fortune of seeing him for Glamorgan in the 20/20 last summer where his shot-making brought him a club record half century in 18 balls. Stunning strokeplay from a small man. He covered a similar points total against Australia without taking a catch and if England are to be without Anderson and Lewis I can see him getting plenty of chances to find the boundary. 5pts P Nixon > 27pts @ 5/6 Bet365 A wicketkeeping theme but I like the low points tally on offer. I recognise fewer caught behinds occur in one day cricket but one stumping here could virtually see Nixon home. You have to reckon on him getting a bat at 7 also given England's recent form. 2pts P Collingwood Eng top bat @ 6/1 Bet365 A bit more speculative this one but I can't believe Collingwood's ODI form will carry on for much longer. I think there is value here given the equally poor form shown by those above him in the order.

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International Yep, quite right Crouchy. No Anderson or Lewis for England and Vaughan's unlikely too. Won't help the confidence too much! 10pts NZ -2.5wickets/20.5runs 5/6 Sporting Odds These 2 have met twice in this series so far. Crucially NZ's win was sufficient enough to earn them a bonus point which pretty much means if they beat England in this match they will be through to the final. Strangely in this series, England's scores have got progressibly worse game by game. They'll do awfully well to be worse than the 110 they put up on Friday night. New Zealand will be fairly confident going into this match. Although they didn't beat Australia they probably should have done and with this match being played on the same pitch as that one they'll not how to approach the game. Lou Vincent and Jacob Oram have come back into the side and look like they've never been away and with Shane Bond due back for this game along with James Franklin, they have a real good looking bowling line up. Spinners will be key on this track and NZ's spin twins Vettori and Patel are sure to go well. England have injury problems to match their confidence problems. Their best bowlers in the series so far, Anderson and Lewis have been ruled out through injury. Captain, Michael Vaughan has also been ruled out too. England could well bring Ravi Bopara and Chris Read into the team for Ed Joyce and Paul Nixon. Tremlett and England's own Lord Lucan, Liam Plunkett will spearhead the bowling attack. With England's confidence fragile, winning the toss and having to bat 1st may be no good to them at all as they'll know 280 is a minimum they'd have to reach, equally NZ could be beyond England's reach if they bat 1st on what looked a superb wicket. NZ are getting their better players back and I think they'll be far too good for England here. 10pts NZ Highest 1st 15 Overs 8/11 Betfred With Lou Vincent's clean hitting back at the top of the NZ batting lineup they are a force in the early overs of the innings. He's such a confident batsmen and refuses to let bowlers settle. Liam Plunkett and Chris Tremlett are inexperienced at this level and could well be put off by such tactics. Fulton and Taylor play their shots too so NZ have the 1st 15 covered with the bat. Mal Loye could be a thorn in their side but with Andrew Strauss so out of form and Ian Bell not in the greatest nick, the Kiwi bowlers should be able to get some initiative and limit England to a lowish 15 over score. England have never really got to grips with this powerplay game and NZ are highly likely to be ahead after 15 overs. 10pts P.Collingwood's Performance Pts 38&Over 4/5 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Paul Collingwood is having a good time playing NZ. In the two meetings so far against the Kiwi's he's scored 70pts and 60pts. His bowling should go well on this wicket, niggly medium pace, of which NZ have had no answer so far in the series. He should also be good for a few runs too. He's not in the best of nicks with the bat but I sense he's due a score. He also picks up catches fairly regularly which takes a good chunk of the total up. With 3 ways of scoring points he should cover 38pts. 10pts D.Vettori's Performance Pts 36&Over 5/6 Boylesports Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Daniel Vettori took 4-24 in the last match between these 2 in Adelaide. This pitch took turn the other night and should spin more tonight. England's batsmen are woeful against spin in ODI's and I expect Vettori to pick up wickets here. 2 isn't beyond him at all. Although he didn't prove it the other night, he can actually take some catches too and is no mug with the bat. Vettori's a class act on pitches like this and 36pts won't be beyond him. 10pts L.Vincent 41+ runs 7/2 Blue Square This bet is great value. He hit 66 here against Australia's pretty much near 1st choice attack and won't be facing anything like that tonight. The bowling he'll face tonight he'll have faced before on worse pitches at Worcestershire where he was successful. This pitch is a belter and with England's opening bowlers not liking batsmen going after them, Vincent could race away from them to this total. He's in confident nick and I was looking for odds for him to make a 50 but this is much better.

SportCricket
EventNZ v England
SelectionEngland (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date30/01/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.98 (Lay)
ReasoningEngland probably will play without the to skipper Michael Vaughan to after aggravating his hamstring injury. Seam bowlers James Anderson and Jon Lewis will not play them to neither has recovered from niggles which forced still them out of last Friday's match and Vaughanie is doubtful. The New Zealand win leave England needing you win to their last two games - one of those being against unbeaten Australia - you make the finals. New Zealand ploughs set you recall fast bowlers Shane Bond and James Franklin. The to pair missed Sunday's high-scoring clash with Australia conserves you to their energy will be today. New Zealand's brave run-chase on Sunday has them brimming with confidence ahead of the match with England.
I've been playing the cricket markets over the last few weeks based on the great information provided by kev, Crouchy and others. It's about time I started posting up my own picks so here goes: 5pts B McCullum > 32pts @ 5/6 Bet365 I really rate McCullum as a player in limited overs cricket. Had the fortune of seeing him for Glamorgan in the 20/20 last summer where his shot-making brought him a club record half century in 18 balls. Stunning strokeplay from a small man. He covered a similar points total against Australia without taking a catch and if England are to be without Anderson and Lewis I can see him getting plenty of chances to find the boundary. 5pts P Nixon > 27pts @ 5/6 Bet365 A wicketkeeping theme but I like the low points tally on offer. I recognise fewer caught behinds occur in one day cricket but one stumping here could virtually see Nixon home. You have to reckon on him getting a bat at 7 also given England's recent form. 2pts P Collingwood Eng top bat @ 6/1 Bet365 A bit more speculative this one but I can't believe Collingwood's ODI form will carry on for much longer. I think there is value here given the equally poor form shown by those above him in the order.
Good luck guys :ok

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International 5pts McCullum 32pts & Over @ 1.83 Bet365 This is about the only line Bet365 have that I feel comfortable taking. Will be in contention with catches and possible Vettori stumping. Is also a good strokemaker and I think will get a good chance to make some runs. If NZ bat first I'll be taking Plunkett most runs conceded.

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International Afternoon all.. have taken two bets on the game so far: 1. Layed Mal Loye as Englands top run scorer on betfair @5.80 He's shown so far that he is very aggressive at the top of the order, and with Bond and Franklin back for New Zealand i expect early wickets. Plus Collingwood, Bell and Flintoff below are due for a score... 2. New Zealand to win @1.50... seems fairly obvious this i guess.. New Zealand in good form, England are terrible... good luck...

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International NZ win toss and bat. England team same as last time...Strauss and Joyce swap though!!! Strauss at 4. For NZ Bond and Franklin return. 2pts Liam Plunkett most runs conceded @ 7 Sportingbet ODI Economy of 6, looked horrible last game. Slogging at the end of the innings of the team batting first so I think this one will be at the races. 1pt Ian Bell Eng Top Bat @ 5.4 Betfair Looked good last game. Had a decent innings in Perth test. This is a good batting wicket and technically I think Bell is the best English batsman who is in any sort of form. 1pt Ross Taylor NZ Top Bat @ 6.2 Betfair Think he's going to get a score today. Good batting wicket like Hobart and I think he will do well. Oram in form too but I think today is Taylor's day.

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International 2 more bets... 3. New Zealand highest 10 0ver total @1.68... england poor bowling attack, and lou vincent is a good hitter at the top, and england have been slow starters with the usual loss of early wickets. 4. New Zealand highest opening partnership @1.85... Just heard the ed joyce will open the batting with mal loye, against flemming and vincent.. i dunno.. looks a missmatch.

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International Bad luck Crouch..... looks like 4/4 for me... Loye only made 15, Joyce made 66. New Zealand 2/58 of the first 10, while england could only manage 1/42. New Zealand opening partnership 32, england 27. And with flintoff just out it looks like an easy kiwi win from here... you beauty... :beer night all.... :ok

Bad luck Crouch..... looks like 4/4 for me... Loye only made 15, Joyce made 66. New Zealand 2/58 of the first 10, while england could only manage 1/42. New Zealand opening partnership 32, england 27. And with flintoff just out it looks like an easy kiwi win from here... you beauty... :beer night all.... :ok
well done mate, nice start :clap...hope it continues for you

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International Thanks KiwiMike... :ok

4/5 for me. 1 Collingwood run away from the clean sweep :wall :wall . All other bets came in though for a 48.8pt profit :dude
...... well done mate.... some good priced winners there... :loon