** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International Cheers mate. Always felt I could make cricket one of my winning sports, but it's a dangerous attitude to have when losing. Important to know when to pull the plug, so will have to keep that in close check. In cricketing senses, I didn't realise Loye was 34. Are England so bad that they are using the A-team to groom players for the Senior's World Cup?

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International Onto the Gabba we go. I really don't know what to make of this game. Both sides are changing captain. England aren't letting on who will replace Vaughan, I'm led to believe it'll be Bopara but has Joyce done enough to see off Loye? The thought of Loye sweeping Lee is a very entertaining one! He would play the KP bludgeoning role if you like. I'm really not sure about the match and if I'm honest I don't like the handicap but it's value and on a night of few decent bets I'll take it. 10pts England +4.5wickets/49.5runs to beat Australia 5/4 Sporting Odds These sides opened the series last Friday with Australia running out winners by 8 wickets. Since then both sides have beaten New Zealand so the top 2 in the table go head-to-head again here. Australia are changing their captain for this match. Current incombant Ricky Ponting is being rested for the match such is the Aussies confidence. Adam Gilchrist takes over. He's won all 7 tri-series matches he's captained in. Brad Hodge is Ponting's replacement in the side. He'll bat at 3. There's also 2 changes in the bowling lineup too. Out go Clark and Hilfenhaus and in come the returning Brett Lee and Glenn McGrath. Johnson came in at 8 the other day which gives Australia a bit of a tail. Lee's not had much of a summer with the bat so it doesn't change here. England are also changing their captain, this time though through force. Michael Vaughan twanged a hamstring against New Zealand and is ruled out of this game. Andrew Flintoff takes the reins once again. Ravi Bopara and Mal Loye are fighting for Vaughan's place although it's not out of the equation that both will play with Ed joyce making way. I expect the same bowling lineup although if the pitch is quick Tremlett could well come in for Lewis. England bat a fair way down now, Nixon or Dalrymple coming in at 8 is a positive. Australia are a great side but they are missing their leader and best batsman. England are still over evens with a 50 run start so on value grounds alone England are the call. 10pts P.Collingwood's Performance Pts 33pts&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Paul Collingwood is a clever 1 day player. His batting is good and holds the innings together or if England somehow hold out for a while he can come in and finish the innings well. He's also a clever bowler too whi England rely on fairly heavily so he'll get the 10 overs. He bowls lots of cutters and slower balls which can pick up wickets. If that's not enough he's England's best fielder too. 33pts can be done with bat or ball so the overs makes sense here. 10pts B.Lee's Performance Pts 40&Over 8/11 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Brett Lee is probably the best ODI bowler in the land at the moment and is definitely capable of picking up 2 wickets here. He bowls at the start and end of the innings so is always liable to pick up the odd cheap wicket that goes around. He can swing the bat too if needs be and is mobile in the field but this total will need to be achieved with the ball I fancy but I think he'll do so.

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International Nixon performance 27 & over @ 1.83 Bet365 10 pts I think this man will get a bat today and he can get some runs as well. Against NZ he showed excellent temperement in the Freddy partnership and he really impressed me. Hes got runs in him IMO and I dont neccessarily need him to hit that many if this bet is to win. The pitch is fast and theres every chance the aussie batsman might nick a couple of catches to him behind the stumps. I just think 27 is too small a total for him to cover in this match, I like it alot. GL all with your bets

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International

Will Loye open? What sort of player is he. From what I have read I got the impression he is one of those players who likes to swing the willow' date=' as opposed to your Strauss' and Vaughans.[/quote'] I'd have thought he would open. Like for like with Vaughan then. He's unorthodox and orthodox in the same breath, he's definitely more aggressive than you'll have seen from England. When he hits it, it stays hit and he's got an unbelieveable shot where he goes down on 1 knee and slog sweeps the seamers! Always a good watch and the game willbe an entertaining one if he survives 10-15 overs or so.

I'd have thought he would open. Like for like with Vaughan then. He's unorthodox and orthodox in the same breath, he's definitely more aggressive than you'll have seen from England. When he hits it, it stays hit and he's got an unbelieveable shot where he goes down on 1 knee and slog sweeps the seamers! Always a good watch and the game willbe an entertaining one if he survives 10-15 overs or so.
That's what I kind of thought. I think I will play with fire here: 2pts England highest 1st 10 Over total @ 4.9 Betfair With Vaughan and Strauss opening I'd never make this bet, but with the attacking purpose of Loye this bet has slight hope. What makes this a better proposition is that today Hodge bats at 3. If Gilchrist or Hayden falls early, then he may well start off very slowly. World Cup is just around the corner and he wont want to throw away a chance to impress by playing a loose shot. Early wicket for England is the key here, but at these odds and knowing that Ponting is absent, it's worth a little risk.

Good luck mate. England batting 1st. Not sure that's going to help my handicap :sad .
Probably not the best result I'd think. Hopefully England will put up a better batting effort this time. Another bet in, acting on news of the toss: 1pt Bowler Conceding Most Runs McGrath @ 15 Sportingbet Pigeon should bowl at the death. If Flintoff is in when this is happening then he could get smacked around. In the test series Pietersen took to him a bit and showed that a batsman with attacking intent can knock him for a few. If Loye does decide to get sweep happy then I imagine McGrath would be the easier bowler to do it too as well. I will resist the urge to make an England Hi Bat bet. Bell was an option but he averages more when batting second. Collingwood averages 13 more batting first, but already on him for MOTM and player performance.

Probably not the best result I'd think. Hopefully England will put up a better batting effort this time. Another bet in, acting on news of the toss: 1pt Bowler Conceding Most Runs McGrath @ 15 Sportingbet Pigeon should bowl at the death. If Flintoff is in when this is happening then he could get smacked around. In the test series Pietersen took to him a bit and showed that a batsman with attacking intent can knock him for a few. If Loye does decide to get sweep happy then I imagine McGrath would be the easier bowler to do it too as well. I will resist the urge to make an England Hi Bat bet. Bell was an option but he averages more when batting second. Collingwood averages 13 more batting first, but already on him for MOTM and player performance.
Good luck mate. Do you live anywhere near Brissy? Is this rain likely to hang around?

David Graveney' date=' where has this bloke been all this time :@[/quote'] Couldn't agree more. He's playing a little gem of an innings so far. If you have Pietersen and Freddy backing this guy up at the World Cup, you might just have a hope.

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International England are doing their best to blow it now though. Strauss looks horribly out of form. I know he used to bat lower down the order at 4 in One Day matches. I reckon a similar move could help him. He's not hitting the gaps at the moment and being in when the field is pushed back is soemthing I think could benefit him.

England are doing their best to blow it now though. Strauss looks horribly out of form. I know he used to bat lower down the order at 4 in One Day matches. I reckon a similar move could help him. He's not hitting the gaps at the moment and being in when the field is pushed back is soemthing I think could benefit him.
I've literally just same the exact same thing to Meatman on MSN mate :ok

I've literally just same the exact same thing to Meatman on MSN mate :ok
we're just a fcking mess at the moment. im not sure what can be done but something needs to be I somehow doubt things will changed unfortunately..............:eyes

we're just a fcking mess at the moment. im not sure what can be done but something needs to be I somehow doubt things will changed unfortunately..............:eyes
I've just spent the last half hour telling you what needs to be done. Whether those who's jobs it is to work all this out think like me is another thing entirely.

1 good thing about this collapse is I think I'm right in saying that with 5 wickets in the series' date=' Glenn McGrath becomes the top wicket taker.[/quote'] Bracken has a wicket, so they share joint top. McGrath has had his rest though, so certainly in good shape. :ok

Bracken has a wicket' date=' so they share joint top. McGrath has had his rest though, so certainly in good shape. :ok[/quote'] Of course. Joint top will do for now. As long as he's top of 1st 4 come middle of Feb that's all that counts.

At this rate he will finish with more wickets than the entire English cricket team combined.
No need for that! Another positive is it does the Gilly top bat bet no harm if no other Aussie below him and Hayden bat!

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International England bowled well and got 6 wickets, 7 if Mr Cricket would be like his team mates and walk when they've hit it there you go. So the handicap on top of the Lee performance means a 9.7pt profit for the game. At half time I'd have taken that!

Nixon performance 27 & over @ 1.83 Bet365 10 pts I think this man will get a bat today and he can get some runs as well. Against NZ he showed excellent temperement in the Freddy partnership and he really impressed me. Hes got runs in him IMO and I dont neccessarily need him to hit that many if this bet is to win. The pitch is fast and theres every chance the aussie batsman might nick a couple of catches to him behind the stumps. I just think 27 is too small a total for him to cover in this match, I like it alot. GL all with your bets
:dude :dude :dude :dude