** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International There's the Smith bet in for you mate. Hafeez getting his wicket which helps you. SA 2 down so Boucher could get in although I hope he doesn't as SA would be struggling a bit by then! Kallis will deffo bat though so you've every chance there.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International

You was just a bit unlucky in this match mate. The handicap looked an absolute cert when Taylor and Fulton were in then came the collapse and Bracken bowled well but didn't get the 2nd break. You'll hit back mate' date=' I'm sure :ok[/quote'] To be honest, if I was given the option of losing or winning the Bracken bet at change of innings, I'd have been much happier knowing it lost, so I guess I should be happy about that. The handicap is a bit disappointing - just a bit bad atm because half my losses so far are the dead KP most runs (Eng) bet, which I was sort of banking on. Only leaves the Bond bet for the series, so a bit more writing on him now than should have been. Just means now I'll have to make more profit in the matches :ok Story So Far: Match 1: -0.8pts Match 2: -12pts Match 3: Series: Pietersen Most England Runs @ 3.25 LOST -10pts 30pts Bond Most Series Wickets @13 (Open) 3pts Symonds Most Aust Runs @ 17 (Open) 2pts Johnson Most Aus Wickets @ 9 (Open)

There's the Smith bet in for you mate. Hafeez getting his wicket which helps you. SA 2 down so Boucher could get in although I hope he doesn't as SA would be struggling a bit by then! Kallis will deffo bat though so you've every chance there.
Boucher would need to make 60 and realistically I don't see it happening. I've 2 bets home and 3 left, if I can get just one home I'll make a small profit which I'll be quite happy with. Hafeez I think was a bad bet as I calculated him getting wickets as part of it. Even though he got one making that type of bet I feel I should have been sure that the runs is where he's doing the business with bowling as a bonus. Something to remember in future anyway. For tomorrows game: 5pts Nathan Astle 34pts & Over @ 1.83 Bet365 + 1.5pts Nathan Astle Man of the Match @ 13 Bet365 Nathan has played against England 13 times and has 5 fifties and 2 centuries. He has also picked up 7 wickets against England. Yesterday the slow bowlers had a bit of an impact on the game as well, so there's a possibility of picking up a bonus wicket if he bowls. Catches are also welcome. Looking at recent Bellerive games, a lot of big scores, and indeed Man of the Match performances are from opening batsman. 5pts Paul Collingwood 39pts & Over @ 1.83 Bet365 3pts more than his line against Australia but I'm confident in this bet still. He's more than capable with the bat and averages 32 in ODIs. The wicket yesterday seemed to offer a little for the slow bowlers so I expect him to bowl a few overs, so a wicket or two is on (it will be interesting to know if the same pitch will be used as yesterday). He is also one the finest fieldsman in the game and is more than capable of stealing 10pts from fielding brilliance. Just like the first game, I feel there are many ways for him to achieve this quote. 1.5pts First Method of Dismissal NZ: LBW @ 6.25 Centrebet In the past 8 NZ ODI innings, LBW has been the method of first dismissal 4 times (5 of past 14). In previous game Hilfenhaus trapped one of the openers early on with an LBW. It wasn't the first wicket but it was still early and indicates that the LBW is on early in the innings. Will have some more bets but still deciding on others. Shane Bond's line has been moved from 40 to 41, meaning he'd need 3 wickets or take a catch/make runs. Fleming has an 85 here at Bellerive and looked ok yesterday, so top bat might be an option (Unfortunately there are no player performance quotes in existance). With Pietersen out there might also be more onus on Flintoff with the bat. Freddy is capable of wickets, runs and catches so he might be a player performance option (50pts quote). A poor record against NZ, but most of those games were played before he reached his current level.

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International Ricky Ponting has been rested for Friday's game against England. Brad Hodge has been called up as his replacement (he will bat at #3). Brett Lee is feeling better and if fit Ben Hilfenhaus will drop out of the squad and play domestic cricket for Tasmania. With McGrath back I imagine that Mitchell Johnson would be the one to make way for Lee. Hopefully Bracken and Clark will also be rested for 1 and hopefully 2 games. Have looked for a way to exploit this Ponting news, but really couldn't find anything positive around. He can be layed for most series runs @ 3.95, or Gilchrist can be backed for Australian top runscorer @ 3.10, but with only the one game to be missed, I'll just leave things as they are.

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International Gone slightly off my tits here but I saw the whole of the Aus vs NZ game in Hobart and this match is being played on the very same pitch so I hope to take advantage. Got 8 bets. There was going to be a 9th but Taylor ended up in hospital after Sunday's match on an intravenous drip so suddenly him to be top doesn't look as rosy as it did. 10pts England to beat New Zealand 2.35 Expekt Hobart sees the 1st battle of the alsorans in this tournament. Both sides are grossly out of form. There's every chance the winner of this match will go on to meet Australia in the final. Both have already lost to the Aussies, England by 8 wickets and NZ by 105 runs. England will be restricted by the loss of Kevin Pietersen. Ed Joyce will come into the middle order as his replacement. He's played 3 ODI's before, opening the batting without success but he'll be more accustomed to the middle order as that's where he plays the majority of his county cricket. Before the 1st game of the series with Australia, England were going to replace Jimmy Anderson with Liam Plunkett before the latter went lame in the warmup. Anderson got carted for 47 of his 7 overs in that match to go along with the 64 that was walloped off his 4 overs in the Twenty20. England can't risk him again so if Plunkett is still unfit I expect Tremlett to come in for him. New Zealand are badly missing the all round talent of Scott Styris and Jacob Oram, both of whom are expected to be back the next time these 2 sides meet. Shane Bond and Stephen Fleming have both voiced concerns over the Kiwi's batting of recent times. Unsurprising really after their alarming collapse on Sunday so soon after being humbled for just 73 against Sri Lanka. Ross Taylor has been passed fit to play and will take his place at number 4 but he was on a drip Sunday night so how fit he is will be debatable. James Franklin has recovered from his migraine to take his place in the bowling lineup which is expected to be unchanged. Both these sides need a win desperately, England more so than their opponents but with the World Cup so close building confidence is critical. This match will be played on the same pitch as Sunday's game so it's sure to turn. England don't play spin well but on recent evidence they have a more secure batting lineup. This one should be a close, nervy affair and the value lies with England here.

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International Now for the side market attack :dude . 10pts England Highest Opening Partnership Evs Expekt Michael Vaughan and Andrew Strauss have both looked good in this series but are yet to fully capitalise on starts they've both made. Hopefully against a weaker attack they will take their recent partnerships on to the next level. New Zealand's openers are struggling. In fairness to him Brendan McCullum is no opener. He's fine in Twenty20 but not in this form of the game. The last 3 NZ opening partnerships have been 1, 5 and 5. Another of those and we're safe as houses here. 10pts NZ Highest 1st 15 Overs 8/11 Betfred Although NZ lose an early wicket, one of Astle or McCullum generally have a go in the early overs of innings. Although Stephen Fleming doesn't have a reputation as a big hitter but he scores at a decent enough rate at the start of his innings and can find the boundaries with genuine cricket shots, as can the man after him Ross Taylor. England by contrast have 2 fluent openers but as soon as they lose a wicket the momentum of their innings disappears as Ian Bell takes a while to get going at no3. England's opening bowlers continue to go round the park and after 15 overs I see NZ being ahead. 10pts P.Nixon's Performance Pts 30&Over Evs Boylesports Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 25pts per stumping. Paul Nixon is a very good 1 day cricketer. He didn't have the best game with the gloves against Australia on Tuesday but generally he's good with the gloves. This pitch should turn which brings Monty and Dalrymple into the game and give Nixon stumping opportunities. He's a good player of spin with the bat with his nudges, sweeps and reverse sweeps and with catches being a possibility he has all the tools he needs to cover this total. 10pts D.Vettori's Performance Pts 34&Over 8/11 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Daniel Vettori bowled beautifully on Sunday without success but the pitch should turn more and more in this game bringing him into play more. He's not a massive turner of the ball but he's canny and can outwit the English batsmen who in the main don't play spin that well. He's also a dab hand with the bat coming in at number 7. Any catches as ever are a bonus but he's got enough with bat and ball to cover this total. 10pts Over 12.5 Wides 5/6 Boylesports This is a bet based on England's lack of discipline more than NZ's. In the 1st over on Tuesday, Flintoff slung down 11 wides and things didn't improve much from there. England are known for bowling wides and although NZ won't help the total out much I'm confident that England will do the necessary and bring the overs in here. 3pts ew E.Joyce Top England Bat 6/1 Boylesports (1/4 1,2,3) If Ed Joyce wants to go to the World Cup then he must score heavily in these next 7 games. He can start that here. This pitch should be a bit lower and slower than normal out here having had the Australia-NZ game on it on Sunday. He'll bat at 4 and he'll have plenty of time to build his innings, unlike when he opened and had to get going from ball 1. In county cricket he often took time to get in but scored more freer and quicker as his innings goes on. He's an excellent timer of an innings and paces himself well. I honestly believe he's good enough for this level and with many Englishmen unsure of what they're doing in this lineup, Ed can take advantage. 1pt J.Patel Man of the Match 25/1 Bet365 Jeetan Patel is very much a talented cricketer and I'm a fan of his. He has the ability to bowl at the death of innings which allows him to pick up a few wickets from batsmen who think he's the one to go. He's a clever off spinner who varies his pace, lines and lengths and can be tough to face. England don't play good spin that well, they try and play spin with sweeps rather than straight down the ground how it should be played. I've just a feeling that one of these Kiwi spinners could bag themselves a few wickets on this deck and I think at almost double the price to Vettori, that Jeetan is worth a dabble.

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International Funnily enough I thought the same thing about Vettori and Nixon Player Performances, but wasn't sure until just now that the same pitch was being used. Will definitely be making these bets too now that I know. Interesting bet on the opening partnership, but having done some Astle bets am loathed to make that bet. McCullum LBW would suit fine though. Additional bets for me: 5pts Vettori 34pts & Over @ 1.72 Bet365 He has a piss poor record against England, but I feel this line is short enough given that he is quite handy with the bat as well. England's poor ability versus spin is a bonus. He averages a wicket per game and having got none last time out he's probably due one. 5pts Nixon 30pts & Over @ 1.83 Bet365 Potential here is quite big. A stumping almost puts us home immediately. Panesar and Dalrymple are canditates, though I guess it's also possible he will stand up to Collingwood too. Will most likely get a bat and of course catches are a big possibility too. 2pts Flintoff Hi Bat (ENG) @ 7.2 Betfair Could be in pretty early and should bat the middle overs where Bond wont bowl. Can have a go at the spinners and Mason/Gillespie. Is one of the few players who is capable of quick runs and going by England's last batting performance, the only guy in any sort of batting form. 1.5pts Dalrymple MOTM @ 17 Bet365 England do struggle with spin - Bell in particular. This could mean Dalrymple will be asked to play a major part in the batting innings. Alternatively he could make quick runs like White. With the extra turn I expect him to get some more overs and more wickets are a possibility. Possibly a low scoring game (225 target), which plays into the domain of these lower order allrounders IMO. Depending on team and toss news, one more bet to come.

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International Yeah I didn't see another pitch looking like it could be used when I saw the game on Sunday and then one of the presenters of the SA match over here confirmed it on air today. Dalrymple's a strange case I think, 18 months ago he'd agreed to give the game up and had a job waiting for him in the city. Middlesex persuaded him to stay on beyond that season and suddenly he's in the England squad. He said he was giving up cricket because he didn't think he was getting the adulation he deserved. Strange. Until the series with SL over here last summer I never really thought of him as anything more than a half-decent county player. I need another good series from him before I dismiss him of his flash in the pan tag I think.

NZ win the toss and will bat 1st. Joyce for KP the only change to either side.
:sad Would much have preferred England batting first, as Bond would be a chance of cheap wickets at the end of the innings. Think Flintoff bet would be better suited batting first too. Last bet in: 1pt Most Runs Conceded by Any Bowler - James Anderson @ 6 Sportingbet He's been poor all tour and I'm hoping he will continue to be. That's about it really. Hopefully a happy day in store for both of us :hope

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International Looking good for England at half way. Personally I've got 3 bets that could go either way. Need some Vettori magic for one of the performances. Not sure I want Nixon to bat if I'm honest else it'll mean England are struggling. Not a massive target so Joyce could well be top 3 if not top score. Pitch is turning so Vettori and Patel are in the game here.

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International Who gave permission for Anderson to take 4 wickets? Bond better reply with 4 of his own here so that he moves ahead. Probably the only bet of mine worth following here as I've ruined the match bets by being too incoherent. Disappointing that Vettori couldn't get 3 runs more as it would have meant 1 wicket would have done the job.

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International God knows how I've come away from that with a 7pt loss but that's what happened. The 12th wide cooured in the 58th over of the match. 41.5 more were bowled and no wides :eyes . Onto Brisbane for Friday, a d/n match between England and Australia. Ponting is being rested for the Aussies, Vaughan's a huge doubt for the English.

God knows how I've come away from that with a 7pt loss but that's what happened. The 12th wide cooured in the 58th over of the match. 41.5 more were bowled and no wides :eyes . Onto Brisbane for Friday, a d/n match between England and Australia. Ponting is being rested for the Aussies, Vaughan's a huge doubt for the English.
I know the feeling. Sometimes games can defy belief. If Vaughan is out, who will open? I know Joyce has, but I heard during commentary the other day that Nixon was an option considered for a pinch hitting promotion. It also seems that bad news continues for me during the series: Bond in another injury scare New Zealand's woes could go from bad to worse with news that Shane Bond may have succumbed to injury yet again. Bond was unable to complete his ten overs in today's one-day loss to England in Hobart and left the ground early to seek treatment for stiffness in the lower back region. This latest setback comes just two days after taking a spectacular hat-trick against Australia. Black Caps captain Stephen Fleming was hopeful that the complaint was nothing serious and that the fast bowler would be fine in the morning. "We think it is just muscular and we will see how he scrubs up tomorrow, and if it's still sore he'll have a scan," he said. "It's been around for a while, so it just gets a bit stiff. and two games in three days has probably brought that on. But fingers crossed it is just that." With two losses from two starts on Australian soil, the latest coming at the hands of an out-of-form England without their best batsman, Fleming noted how much an injured Bond would impact the side. "It's always a little bit of a worry. He's such an important part of the side and we know how much better we are when he's in the side, so when he's not quite right it sends a shiver through the camp, but we're just hoping for this week we'll manage him through and it's not serious," he said.

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International Vaughan ruled out with a hamstring tear. Loye will be his replacement in the squad, with Flintoff and Strauss the captain canditates. If you ask me it should go to Strauss. Flintoff looks a better player without the burden, and I think appointing him would be a backwards step.

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International Opening Bets for Friday: 8pts Paul Collingwood 33pts & Over @ 1.83 Bet365 I said at the start of the series if there is one guy to follow it's Collingwood, and at a line of 33pts I'm not backing down from that statement. He's 2/2 so far this series. Against Australia his career ODI averages holds up at 31, he's capable of vital wickets as evidenced in Tasmania and he's quite simply a superb fieldsmen. I strongly fancy him to take a ripper of a catch fielding in the gully position (don't ask me why, but he did do this to dismiss Hayden one time). Good 'ol Collingwood forever. 8pts Nathan Bracken 40pts & Over @ 1.80 Bet365 Has taken 2+ wickets in 11 of his last 14 matches. Against England in Australia he has twice taken 3 wickets - the only other game he only took 1. Took 3 wickets last time he played at the Gabba. Possibility that he wont play with Lee and McGrath are fit though. Still, that will just mean we get our money back. 2pts Matthew Hayden Hi Bat @ 5.7 Betfair Haydos gets many starts but often fails to go on with. In both games this year he has made a decent start before getting out. I think he's due for a big one (and Gilchrist a not so big one). There is no place that Matty loves to play at more than his homeground of the GABBA. No Ponting today either, so if Hayden gets a start today I expect he'll go on with it. 2pts Brett Lee MOTM @ 12 Bet365 His record at the Gabba is SHIT. 4 wickets in 7 matches isn't promising. However his record against England is exceptional. 6 matches in Australia, 2 MOTM performances and one other game where he took 4 wickets. Historically the Gabba has been good for the quicks, with Bracken, Gillespie, Dillon and Pollock all having good bowling performances here in recent years. Is coming back from injury and will hopefully be raring to go. A bet probably better suited to Australia batting first, but winnable either way. 1pt Paul Collingwood MOTM @ 29 Centrebet Price is too big. He's no Flintoff, but if Flintoff fails then Collingwood is somebody England will need to rely on. Very handy with the bat and can chip in with valuable wickets. I wouldn't rule out a brilliant Gully catch to dismiss Gilchrist or Hayden, either. Many ways he can standout and at 29 I'm a backer.

Vaughan ruled out with a hamstring tear. Loye will be his replacement in the squad' date=' with Flintoff and Strauss the captain canditates. If you ask me it should go to Strauss. Flintoff looks a better player without the burden, and I think appointing him would be a backwards step.[/quote'] Flintoff has been named as captain. Luckily Loye was playing state cricket for Auckland so he hasn't taken as long to join up with the squad as Bopara did. That said he's 2nd choice as replacement in the squad so I'd expect Bopara to be picked ahead of Loye with Joyce going up to opener. Happy with Flintoff as captain as he attacks more as a skipper than Strauss does and if we're to get owt on Friday we'll need to attack.

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International Get rid of Joyce and stick Loye in at the top thats what I say. We need him there as without Tres theres nothing or no one to take the game to the opposition in the opeing 15 overs. It won't happen but thats what I'd want to do.

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International Strauss v Bell Strauss seems to of gone off the boil since his early-days of ODI cricket. He's continually struggled in both forms of the game on tour and just doesn't seem himself without regular partner Marcus Trescothick. Ian Bell is slowly turning into a solid reliable batsmen for England and although he hasn't scored heavily on tour he has had plenty of starts and made the odd 50. He's the form man and I expect him to prevail. Ian Bell to beat Andrew Strauss @ 1.90 bet365 England have continually chopped and changed their openers and look set to do so again with Ed Joyce returning to the top of the innings. Australia will stick again with the tried and trusted format of Hayden and Gilchrist and they've served them well thus far. They both like to get at the bowling and with Englands bowling attack no where near the Aussies quality they should land the spoils. Australia highest opening partnership @ 1.61 betfred Andy Flintoff once again carries the hopes of a nation on his huge shoulders and even more so now with Pietersen out of the side. One the best all rounders in world cricket he revels at this form of the game. With Englands frgaile batting he's likely to have plenty of overs to bat with. His bowlings amongst the bets at this level and hes always capable of picking up a wicket or two. Andrew Flintoff performance 46 & Over @ 1.80 bet365 I don't rate Andrew Symonds as highly as what he does himself and certainly not as a bowler at this level of the game. If the Aussie batters get into the English attack as they have and can do then 'Roy' isn't likely to get too many overs to play with. His place in the batting line up is flexible as he can bat as low as 7 or as high as 5. Hopefully he'll be down to come in at 7 or not at all as i'm taking a risk on him under performing. Andrew Symonds performance under 50 @ 1.90 bet365 Michael Clarke is for me a better player at this level of the game. He's opened in the past and has 2 centuries to his name along with 20 50's. With Ricky Ponting 'rested' he's likely to get a chance ahead of Brad Hodge in the order thus giving more exposure. He does bowl the occasional slow left armers providing an alternative avenue for points and he is an exceptional fielder. Michael Clarke performance 33 & over @ 1.83 bet365

Flintoff has been named as captain. Luckily Loye was playing state cricket for Auckland so he hasn't taken as long to join up with the squad as Bopara did. That said he's 2nd choice as replacement in the squad so I'd expect Bopara to be picked ahead of Loye with Joyce going up to opener. Happy with Flintoff as captain as he attacks more as a skipper than Strauss does and if we're to get owt on Friday we'll need to attack.
From a betting Point of View this news disappoints me. As captain Flintoff has a poor record, averaging 14 with the bat and having taken 6 wickets in 7 matches. The appeal of him as a performance option is suddenly a bit less. Symonds under is another option, as his highest score at the Gabba in ODIs is just 20 - however he's a superb fieldsmen and capable of taking wickets, so it's always risky to oppose him. Gilchrist line is probably a bit high too :wall

To be fair Freddie seems to be improving as time goes by and especially with the bat. It may well of taken him longer to get into the international game having had a fairly lengthy break beforehand.
Quite true mate. Think most of those games were in India too. Kind of disappointing that performance markets close before the toss. A few interesting things being noticed. Hayden at home batting in the 2nd innings averages 57 (few not outs would inflate this though). If the Poms bat first I'll be sure to get on him for hi-bat. In front of his home crowd too, think he might be due for a big one. With Flintoff the ability to take wickets is important. If Poms bat first and don't score enough that could be a problem. Nixon at 27 is interesting too. White, Symonds, Clarke, Gilchrist and Hayden all love to use their feet. With Panesar and Dalrymple the spinners and Nixon standing up to both Lewis and Collingwood, a stumping almost sees you home. Not really a spinners pitch though.

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International Fred captaining the side could be a blessing in disguise for Mal Loye. Fred got his way over Gilo and Jimmy Anderson in the Test series so he might well get his Lancashire team mate in the side. Both Loye and Bopara are good cricketers, I've long since thought he'd be in the England squad soon anyway but Loye would mean less juggling to the side. Lee's back for Australia so I'd love to see his reaction if Malachy drops down to 1 knee and sweeps him for 6!

Re: Cricket: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series & Twenty20 International Story So Far: Match 1: -0.8pts Match 2: -12pts Match 3: +4.6pts Series: Pietersen Most England Runs @ 3.25 LOST -10pts 40pts Bond Most Series Wickets @ Various LOST -40pts 3pts Symonds Most Aust Runs @ 17 (Open) 2pts Johnson Most Aus Wickets @ 9 (Open) :eyes What a terrible series it's been. If I don't get a good showing this Friday I think I'm going to have to give up the cricket caper.